Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (508336 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 6:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
Oga Siga,
Montreal to Edmonton, how many hours flight? Is a road trip feasible?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
Jokzoh:

Hahah.... I tot maybe you were an undercover cos u we are so sure some would receive before 29th. Thumps up to you bro
I'm a girl thosmiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eldredthedon(m): 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cessna150(m): 6:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
mosquitoway: nuthn yet...very hopeful nd waiting

Pls Which school are you going?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cessna150(m): 6:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
mosquitoway: goin to canadian flyers inc at markham airport..c172,did my ppl at the north london flying school on a piper cherokee pa28-180 nd im not familiar with cessnas,but i gues i wld catch up soonest...done a lot of ground reading .Good luck boss..c u in d sky grin

Copy that capt,I did my ppl in south africa on a c150,it was fun flying in a controlled airspace cos of d traffic.

Goodluck capt. Sky is our office
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 7:07pm On Dec 27, 2012
dealexad: Oga Siga,
Montreal to Edmonton, how many hours flight? Is a road trip feasible?
....5hrs flight baba....road trip is very much feasible...na 38hrs....thats non-stop....so, with God all things are possible....na ur body go speak for u sha...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
Siga: ....5hrs flight baba....road trip is very much feasible...na 38hrs....thats non-stop....so, with God all things are possible....na ur body go speak for u sha...

shocked 38hours? booking with air canada to edmonton, jes wanted to know if d roadtrip wlda bin an option, but obviously, that's a NO
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 7:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
dealexad:

shocked 38hours? booking with air canada to edmonton, jes wanted to know if d roadtrip wlda bin an option, but obviously, that's a NO
...missed one info...u go need yankee visa to make it in 38hrs cos u go need go thru yankee.....but if na trans-canada...which means u no go enter yankee at all....na 40hrs or more...u no know say Canada is massive?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
I'm sure that CDHC must have asked her to pay both tuition fee and accommodation and she paid only tuition fee without stating reasons in writing why she could not or did not pay for accommodation. Try ask your sister the full gist cos CDHC are very strict. Them no send anybody.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
kelly4top: I'm sure that CDHC must have asked her to pay both tuition fee and accommodation and she paid only tuition fee without stating reasons in writing why she could not or did not pay for accommodation. Try ask your sister the full gist cos CDHC are very strict. Them no send anybody.
...he stated that she paid both tuition and accommodation....Im pretty sure he paid it on her behalf since he is the sponsor and based in US which will make it easier and faster to pay....plus she said the lady told her everything is fine....Nna Gobi 38 ....na u pay the tuition and accommodation?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Gobi38: 7:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
Correct Siga - Both were paid in full. Tuition and accomodation, School comfirmed wire tranfer from Yankee and issued PDF receipt for both.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
Bee_Mee_Nee:
I'm a girl thosmiley
lolzzz house full
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 8:05pm On Dec 27, 2012
Embassy told me visa officer is still yet to decide my case...that its still awaiting visa officer's decision..i go see that VO tomorrow
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
seir405:
The Canadian High Commission has reduced the waiting period for visa applicants from 60 days to 10 days via NigerianNewsDesk

hahaha- joke of d century. Has it ever been 60days or 120 day?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
bumdish:

Fulfilling my promise of giving a first hand info about my Ethiopian Air experience, I would do a comparison btw Lufthansa(L) and Ethiopian Air(E) based on my experience on both airliners plying same route.No marketing or de-marketing intended. Just my personal observations.

Hours in Air : L - 15.25 hr | E - 17.30 hr #Lufthansa wins
Connecting flight waiting time : L - 6 hr | E - 30 mins #Ethiopian clear winner
General state of airplane : L - 9/10 | E - 9/10 #No clear winner
Baggage size : L - 2 * 23Kg | E - 2 * 23Kg #No clear winner
Air Hostess : L -Just there | E - Super beautiful African queens #Ethiopian clear winner
State of Airport : L - Frankfurt airport was squeaky clean and fully functional | E - Bus terminal for Canada better pass am. Maintenance na the issue. But 10X better than MMA Lagos. I felt I entered a hole the moment we arrived in Naija. Na standing fan we get for our Arrival terminal *SMH* #Lufthansa clear winner
Meal : L - I think we took 3 meals, so so coffee and broccoli | E - 4 nice meals. I even requested for an extra meal and was gladly given #Ethiopian clear winner
Pls send me a mail ve some quest to ask u. E_madng@yahoo.com
Personalized Entertainment : L - only Touch Screen | E - Touch screen and buttons with Nollywood channel) #Ethiopian wins
Cost : #Ethiopian clear winner

All things being equal, I guess I have my preference already.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
Gobi38: Correct Siga - Both were paid in full. Tuition and accomodation, School comfirmed wire tranfer from Yankee and issued PDF receipt for both.

I don't think her denial has anything to do wit fees payment . If it is fees payment, the reason wuld hv been - insufficient funding and would nt come back after studies.
I think it may be frm d medical. If they want to refuse on medical, they formulate stories.
Newacca, u might come in and explain situations here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Gobi38: 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
@ Idomaboi: - The Embassy called you for medical, then requested you pay your fees right? if that is the case what decision are they still waiting for. Bro please pray for God's favour.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
Idomaboi: Embassy told me visa officer is still yet to decide my case...that its still awaiting visa officer's decision..i go see that VO tomorrow

Did u call them or mail them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Gobi38: 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
@ Mercylicious: - This is a very complicated case to decipher. When she was called for medical, the Embassy did not request for proof of tuition/accommodation payment. Embassy called two weeks after submission of medical to go pay her fees ASAP. Why did they contact her to make payment? - If she can't get in tomorrow, I will tell her to reapply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
Gobi38: @ Mercylicious: - This is a very complicated case to decipher. When she was called for medical, the Embassy did not request for proof of tuition/accommodation payment. Embassy called two weeks after submission of medical to go pay her fees ASAP. Why did they contact her to make payment? - If she can't get in tomorrow, I will tell her to reapply
...wait...after two weeks of medical? Medicals take more than two weeks though....for clarity...wat date did she do her medicals and wat date was she called to pay tuition?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
Gobi38: @ Mercylicious: - This is a very complicated case to decipher. When she was called for medical, the Embassy did not request for proof of tuition/accommodation payment. Embassy called two weeks after submission of medical to go pay her fees ASAP. Why did they contact her to make payment? - If she can't get in tomorrow, I will tell her to reapply

Good one.
Bt d reasons for denial- doesn't just make sense. House, plz ur input is needed. Jesus4all, newacca etc. We need to decode this issue.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Gobi38: 8:57pm On Dec 27, 2012
@ siga - She submitted her Medical to VAC on the 14th of November. Embassy called her on the 3rd of December to Pay her school fees / accomodation. Her case is really complicated to decipher
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 8:57pm On Dec 27, 2012
Gobi38: @ Idomaboi: - The Embassy called you for medical, then requested you pay your fees right? if that is the case what decision are they still waiting for. Bro please pray for God's favour.
yeah..i did medicals and paid my fees..i am seriously praying o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
Gobi38: @ siga - She submitted her Medical to VAC on the 14th of November. Embassy called her on the 3rd of December to Pay her school fees / accomodation. Her case is really complicated to decipher
....Damn....all I can say is damn....well....till tomorrow....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
mercylicious:

Did u call them or mail them?
i emailed them..i really don't know what decision he still wants to take o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
Idomaboi:
yeah..i did medicals and paid my fees..i am seriously praying o
....I believe u will hear from them pretty soon....remember they are already overwhelmed with tonnes of delayed applications...so, I am sure u will hear from them pretty soon.....no matter how long....na positive result matter pass....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2012
Siga: ....I believe u will hear from them pretty soon....remember they are already overwhelmed with tonnes of delayed applications...so, I am sure u will hear from them pretty soon.....no matter how long....na positive result matter pass....
yes o oga siga..positive result matters...i pray its soon becos my school don begin tell me say if i no tell them how far with my visa,they go give my accomodation to someone for waiting list..they said b4 3rd January...but i trust God for positive result
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
@Gobi38 I think whoever denied her visa was in a bad mood. Just pray well before your sister goes to appeal her case..there's nothing God cannot do

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Burningflamz: 9:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
@Gobi38,this is a real serious case.sure ur village pple re not after ur sister?
This is 1st of its kind.
If they dont attend to her case,she jst has to re-apply and a very pragmatic letter addressed to CDHC.i bet u,within 1month,she would be sent for medicals.
Also,re we sure theres no issue with her medicals?
Since August,i noticed that they started giving flimsy excuses to applicants,such that didnt matter to them.
Ur sis shd take heart,God no de sleep.its so so painful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 10:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
Jokzoh emailed them and got same reponse a few days before his trv was issued on 23-12-2012.
Jokzoh what date did u send that email again?
Idomaboi:
i emailed them..i really don't know what decision he still wants to take o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 10:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
TRV_IJN: Jokzoh emailed them and got same reponse a few days before his trv was issued on 23-12-2012.
Jokzoh what date did u send that email again?
i pray i get issued soon in Jesus name...same for all awaiteess

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.