Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (507703 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2012
@Guudgod. I submitted on the 11 of may
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 6:17am On Jun 15, 2012
@bumdish,tanx 4d info, i got it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Paschal137(m): 6:24am On Jun 15, 2012
@All,i am happy to see we are growing in numbers every day in the house.After going through the recent post in the house,i have noticed we have a lot of new names in the house.This only indicates how we help each other in the house and am happy to see this because i started like you guys in (Travelling to Canada-part 2),with the contribution and help of each and every one of us in the house,i got my Visa.I will be coming in fully to contribute my own little experience when i am through with my exams.To all medicals and visa hopefuls,i wish you guys all the best.Just have faith,you will all get your heart desires.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 6:55am On Jun 15, 2012
solomon okeigar: @Guudgod. I submitted on the 11 of may

@solomon,I wish u the best and you will get your Trv soonest in Jesus Name.I am hoping and waiting for my medicals soonest,before the ending of this month.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 7:23am On Jun 15, 2012
Ceejay2: @sucre cruz,i did not rec ur email. Please kindly resend it so that i can reply. Thnx i wiill re-send my mail now..please reply back.
@newacca.. pls what r d list f docs u submitted? do u ave a link on here for it?

@ceejay2,
You may check the travelling to canada part1. but is your case similar to mine? cos sometimes dox used may differ depending on d specification of ur story. I wish u good luck.

Tolyem,
what's up? aren't u d Bro from Abk? Pls. contact me on my e-mail: maplelandnewacca@yahoo.com
I am happy to see u here again.
@Bashtee,
hw u dey? so u r still checking on us here. good work bro.

@all,
We are forging ahead... Let's keep our faith alive. ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 8:40am On Jun 15, 2012
@Noswaa
Please, since your sponsor is in Australia, did he send foreign statement to you. I am asking because my sister who intends to sponsor me is based in US
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Blackmontana: 8:47am On Jun 15, 2012
slamdunk99: @all, am really having some problems and in a tyt corner, my school declined giving me their account details until the official registration date 13th june. I paid the tuition today after registering yesterday nyt......now CDHC deadline for me is 30 days from 22nd May and my school may not be able to process a receipt, not even an online copy b4 then. I have since done my medicals on 6th june. Don't know if I shud send a mail to CDHC that I cannot make d deadline, or what other options do I have.......pls gurus in d house I need your urgent answers.........

Welldone!I think you have a minor issue here. The glaring truth is that you have met the obligation of payment of tuition.Just send the embassy any form of memorandum of payment, and note on it that official receipt is in transit from Canada.Anything that shows you have paid into their account - teller,cheque, money transfer receipt or any such document. Of course, the embassy would still confirm anyways. So try and meet the deadline by showing any reasonable evidence of payment. Goodluck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ancient1: 10:01am On Jun 15, 2012
To those that have been waiting for medical call ups for like 3 - 4 months , I think you may need to visit the embassy. i applied since the 23rd of march and have got no response so i visited cdhc yesterday and to my surprise i met a number of people who had the same issue, i met this one guy who had applied for a study permit since febuary and a number of people who were waiting for their visitors visa, some had also applied since feb, some march , some april, all had sent emails but no response, and the irony is that many applications that came in after they had applied have already been processed so why the delay. I met this one guy and another lady who applied for a visitors visa to go for their kids graduation, in fact the ceremonies had already passed with no response from the embassy. They complained bitterly because many of them have other visas on their passport and need to travel urgently. In fact the majority of them had come to withdraw their passports saying they did not need the visas anymore. We were all asked to fill a form with our details stating our requests, either to withdraw or to enquire on status of your application. However we were just 2 with the study permit enquiry, the other guy was called in and refused instantly, all the other guys that had applied for visiting were either issued the visa instantly or given back their passports with their documents withheld and asked to send back their passports when they are through with it for the visa. Bottomline the delays are not limited to study permit applications alone, it appears that these applications had not been touched at all and just pushed to one corner for whatever reason, not until they visited the embassy to withdraw did they start looking through them. some of them were processed that same day and issued their visas ( I mean visitors as they do not need to do medicals) some had come for like 2 - 3 days before it was issued. So these delays are not just limited to study permits, but i think you should visit the embassy to fill the form to at least expedite the process because your application may just be lying there untouched, and please do not wait till its so close to your start date, the guy that was refused the study permit was supposed to resume june 20th. I pray God grants us all our hearts desire. CDHC clearly have issues but we will overcome in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 10:13am On Jun 15, 2012
GuudGod:

Amen. you will get your medical instruction soon. please this also applies to all waiting for medical, please track application daily online because apparently VAC doesn't send out notification emails
@solomon,I wish u the best and you will get your Trv soonest in Jesus Name.I am hoping and waiting for my medicals soonest,before the ending of this month.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 10:24am On Jun 15, 2012
Hello! please is anyone attending Dalhousie Uni this fall. Please respond lets connect.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 10:30am On Jun 15, 2012
Hnm, na wa o.
We wud thriump! that i believe.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 10:31am On Jun 15, 2012
solomon okeigar, yes o!
but i'm still waiting my medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by BannyE: 10:33am On Jun 15, 2012
bashtee: @Banny E
Please somebody should pls guide me on this, home stay and off campus residence or Dorms which is more economical and preferable to a student just entering Canada.

It depends on what your want, some houses are expensive than others, just look up kijiji.ca or craigslist.com and search for housing where your school is and compare the cost.You can go to home stay being a new comer after getting used to the environment if the the place suit you ,you continue if not you look for a better place,the advantage of a home stay if that you have a place you will move into and get settled as you land.

@bashtee thank you so much. I will check those sites as u advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bankwo7(f): 10:33am On Jun 15, 2012
Thanks ancient1,for this insight,I will be there b4 nxt wk runs out.
Godbless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 10:41am On Jun 15, 2012
@ ancient1
But i sent them a mail about two weeks ago nd i got a replied that says;

"Due to the very high volume of applications being received by this office, the current processing time for a study permit visa application is longer than 3 months.

You would be contacted as soon as we reach a decision on your application.

Regards,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,
Lagos, Nigeria"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 10:48am On Jun 15, 2012
Thankz ancient 1....olaremky, noswaan mercilicious n those expecting medical shld try and visit the embassy. In making an enquiry, try use wisdom oh! Cos those pple brain de skip like CD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 10:54am On Jun 15, 2012
@ ebugirl.
Haahaa............................Laugh won kill me o! we comot CD nd clean it again nd it work properly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olaremy2k: 11:01am On Jun 15, 2012
ebugirl: Thankz ancient 1....olaremky, noswaan mercilicious n those expecting medical shld try and visit the embassy. In making an enquiry, try use wisdom oh! Cos those pple brain de skip like CD.
...am presently in ogbomosho but will try and visit d embassy probably nextweek
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Beehandz(m): 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
VCTROKOYE: @Noswaa
Please, since your sponsor is in Australia, did he send foreign statement to you. I am asking because my sister who intends to sponsor me is based in US
Thanks

@noswaa and vctrokoye,
I'm also lookn at using my sis and her hubby in SA as my new sponsor, kindly list d docs dat will b applicable.NB,dey r on work permit cz dey wr transfered by dr coy to SA-dey both work in same coy.
Also,does havin a co sponsor here in nigeria wit my main sponsor in SA makes sense?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2012
CodeBrain: solomon okeigar, yes o!

ok, don't its well. i got mine on Wednesday and will be going for medicals next week. when did you apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2012
CodeBrain: solomon okeigar, yes o!

ok, don't worry. It's well. I got mine on Wednesday and will be going for medicals next week. when did you apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
Haahaa, e don tay o. i applied 2nd of feb o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2012
@ solomon okeigar
Was it when you stepped into their office that you were asked to go for medicals ? when did u applied ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2012
CodeBrain: @ solomon okeigar
Was it when you stepped into their office that you were asked to go for medicals ? when did u applied ?

Applied on the 11th of april.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lalla89: 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2012
solomon okeigar: @Guudgod. I submitted on the 11 of may
@solomon we submitted same day bt im nt yet call for medical ,please what is document did u submit for your sponsor?tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jonsing: 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2012
hello house, am new to this forum and I wanna thank u all for d good job u've been doing here. I got an offer for M.Eng U of Ottawa, am hoping to resume January. I jst got my NYsc discharge which is one of the docs i thin i need to include for visa application.I've been having fear about applyin for my visa alone, someone advised me to contact PFL that they can guarantee me a Visa. But their fee is too high 500USD. what do u think? is this visa stuff somethin i can do on my own? i Really dont want to miss out january, if 500USD is what it wil cost me, I'll try and pay them. I need opinions pls....Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 3:45pm On Jun 15, 2012
jonsing: hello house, am new to this forum and I wanna thank u all for d good job u've been doing here. I got an offer for M.Eng U of Ottawa, am hoping to resume January. I jst got my NYsc discharge which is one of the docs i thin i need to include for visa application.I've been having fear about applyin for my visa alone, someone advised me to contact PFL that they can guarantee me a Visa. But their fee is too high 500USD. what do u think? is this visa stuff somethin i can do on my own? i Really dont want to miss out january, if 500USD is what it wil cost me, I'll try and pay them. I need opinions pls....Thanks

I don't think Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ nEed an agent. Carefully go through the pages of each thread ( travelling to canada part 1 and 2) Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ will be able to packege ur application yourself. Its clearly written on their site that no agent can guarantee Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ a visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by canadianboy(m): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2012
Hello House,
I submitted my application for study permit in May 14 and it reached the CDHC in May 15.Before then, i applied last year but i was refused Visa due to funding issue having completed medicals. But this time, i reapplied in May 15 and since then, no response yet. Part of the documents i submitted are: marriage certificate, my two kids' birth certificate, my wife's certicate, offer of employment letters from my past employers(3 in number) and my offer letter of my present employer and my funded statement of account.
My question is that would the CDHC verify all those offer letters of employments too - all the three are commercial banks whose names have changed thru all these mergers and acquisition.
Am afraid this should not delay my application since it might be difficult to contact those banks again. The reason why i put those letters there is to show evidence of past and present employment so that any amount i claim to have in my personal account can be substantiated.
Also, i did medicals in August last year, is it likely am asked to do medicals again since the medicals last for a period of 1year?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ancient1: 4:58pm On Jun 15, 2012
canadianboy: Hello House,
I submitted my application for study permit in May 14 and it reached the CDHC in May 15.Before then, i applied last year but i was refused Visa due to funding issue having completed medicals. But this time, i reapplied in May 15 and since then, no response yet. Part of the documents i submitted are: marriage certificate, my two kids' birth certificate, my wife's certicate, offer of employment letters from my past employers(3 in number) and my offer letter of my present employer and my funded statement of account.
My question is that would the CDHC verify all those offer letters of employments too - all the three are commercial banks whose names have changed thru all these mergers and acquisition.
Am afraid this should not delay my application since it might be difficult to contact those banks again. The reason why i put those letters there is to show evidence of past and present employment so that any amount i claim to have in my personal account can be substantiated.
Also, i did medicals in August last year, is it likely am asked to do medicals again since the medicals last for a period of 1year?

I am interested in an answer to this question, particularly the bit about contacting all previous employers.

@ codebrain , u mean u applied since 2nd feb and for sept admission and youve still not heard from them? Guys i think applying very early in advance is also becoming an issue. Lets take note. I also applied march 26th, no word till date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
@canadianboy,

medical done last 4 1yr b4 it expires.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockafela(m): 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
lalla89: @solomon we submitted same day bt im nt yet call for medical ,please what is document did u submit for your sponsor?tnx

Me too i submitted same day (11 may) i know God will see us all through
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2012
@ all, i Got my acceptance letter today (30 mins before this post, first i went to eat a big bowl of Eba after thankin God) through DHL from The U of Sask. FORTUNATELY, according to what @Cejay said, it has two start dates, Sept 2012 (which i think is already late) and Jan 2013.
I'm hoping to submit my application LATEST by the first week of August (for January start date)
i'll be needing the help of Each and everyone to package my application. We shall all have success stories, AMEN.
Thanking you all in advance
God bless you all
More TRV in d house
btw, it's an Undergraduate admission.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.