Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? (1585 Views)

Fulfilling Your Role In A Struggling Marriage As A Christian Spouse / Is Judas Iscariot Really A Villain? / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2012
WARNING!!! THIS POST IS BASED ON LOGICAL REASONING, EXTREMISTS BEWARE!!! Was Judas Iscariot destinied to be the betrayer? If yes... What offense did he commit to be destinied that way? He later repented of his sins,threw away the coins, he could'nt live with the thought and torments of the fact that he betrayed a sacred and holy man. Finally he hung himself and if truely he went to hell.... Why was his part in fulfilling the prophesy abad one? Did he deserve it?
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Jaybaba(m): 7:47pm On Jun 13, 2012
Judas Iscariot played his role well. He betrayed the Lord as expected be Jesus himself. He was destined but in the ultimate analysis, man is a creature of personal choice. Man is a freewill moral agent. God did not make i-robots but rational thinking humans. God is very in support of the choices we make. Whatever those choices however, there are consequences or blessings. I give you this day life and death, choose life that it may be well with you.

Judas ultimately chose to betray the Lord. It was his destiny yes, but there might have been another way if he had chosen otherwise. He repented. He bought a field and hung himself therein. Suicide is self murder. That is the sin that sent him to hell in my reckoning for if he had truly repented and accepted the teachings of his master, then he would have had redemptive hope but he was faithless and took his destiny in his own hand.
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Image123(m): 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2012
judas wasn't destined to fulfill the prophecy, he dulled himself as it were
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Joel3(m): 1:35am On Jun 14, 2012
The 12 deciples were educated men and they were choosen by God to fulfil the scripture. Judas was the set one to fulfill that part. Matthew who was a tex collector he's writen was the first in the gospel. I'm a fatalist. So that was he's fate.
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Image123(m): 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2012
Joel.:
The 12 deciples were educated men and they were choosen by God to fulfil the scripture. Judas was the set one to fulfill that part. Matthew who was a tex collector he's writen was the first in the gospel. I'm a fatalist. So that was he's fate.
zero.
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by logicboy: 7:14pm On Jun 14, 2012
See these foolish christians trying to justify the wickedness of their God.
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2012
Judas was a true christian hero for the way he chose. Had he chosen another way like you said, he would have betrayed Jesus and the religion that was later based on his achieving christhood, Christianity. Jesus would never have become christ without Judas. Christians need to think about that.
Jaybaba: Judas Iscariot played his role well. He betrayed the Lord as expected be Jesus himself. He was destined but in the ultimate analysis, man is a creature of personal choice. Man is a freewill moral agent. God did not make i-robots but rational thinking humans. God is very in support of the choices we make. Whatever those choices however, there are consequences or blessings. I give you this day life and death, choose life that it may be well with you.

Judas ultimately chose to betray the Lord. It was his destiny yes, but there might have been another way if he had chosen otherwise. He repented. He bought a field and hung himself therein. Suicide is self murder. That is the sin that sent him to hell in my reckoning for if he had truly repented and accepted the teachings of his master, then he would have had redemptive hope but he was faithless and took his destiny in his own hand.
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Areaboy2(m): 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2012
emmysenior: WARNING!!! THIS POST IS BASED ON LOGICAL REASONING, EXTREMISTS BEWARE!!! Was Judas Iscariot destinied to be the betrayer? If yes... What offense did he commit to be destinied that way? He later repented of his sins,threw away the coins, he could'nt live with the thought and torments of the fact that he betrayed a sacred and holy man. Finally he hung himself and if truely he went to hell.... Why was his part in fulfilling the prophesy abad one? Did he deserve it?

Now keep that trend of thought and let me share a little something with you.

Jesus knew he was gonna be crucified for our "sins". He also knew that on the third day he will "rise" again. So now what makes his sacrifice special if he knew he wasn't really gonna stay dead?.

If i know i'll rise after dying, i'll die for anyone!! lol. .

For me, a better miracle will be dying for us and not resurrecting anymore! comprende?
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Areaboy2(m): 8:06pm On Jun 14, 2012
Joel.:

Really?? undecided. One tax collector and a bunch of fishermen??

right!!!
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Image123(m): 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2012
Area_boy:

Now keep that trend of thought and let me share a little something with you.

Jesus knew he was gonna be crucified for our "sins". He also knew that on the third day he will "rise" again. So now what makes his sacrifice special if he knew he wasn't really gonna stay dead?.

If i know i'll rise after dying, i'll die for anyone!! lol. .

For me, a better miracle will be dying for us and not resurrecting anymore! comprende?
if you knew that if you died, you are going to Heaven, would you have issues dying by crucifixion or in a plane crash?
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Joel3(m): 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2012
The reason for the death is the blood. Which was offer to God. Initially they were using animals blood to cover sin. That Jesus blood is the new convenate.
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Joel3(m): 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2012
Area boy. What i mean by educated. Is that they were reasonable and can read and write
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by plappville(f): 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2012
Area_boy:

Really?? undecided. One tax collector and a bunch of fishermen??

right!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Areaboy2(m): 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2012
Joel.:
Area boy. What i mean by educated. Is that they were reasonable and can read and write

being reasonable is a subjective opinion

Image123:
if you knew that if you died, you are going to Heaven, would you have issues dying by crucifixion or in a plane crash?

I guess the main point is resurrection and not going to heaven cos we have no proof. That being said, even the resurrection is clouded with mysteries. No one knows his last words before dying. All four gospels give different stories on how many people went to the tomb and what they saw. Dodgy dodgy dodgy. I smell a fish in all that story. Maybe cos they were fishermen? hahahahaha grin

He came to bring the good news and educate people but they rejected him and killed him. He resurrected and appeared only to a handful.

Whatever happened to storming the market square and laughing at the guys that crucified him?? If he did that, we'll all be Christians by now.

Rather he deepens the mystery by being dodgy!!

I dun wana follow a dodgy fella undecided
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Image123(m): 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2012
^okay then,
if you knew that if you died, you
are going to resurrect, would you
have issues dying by crucifixion or in a plane crash?
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Areaboy2(m): 11:17pm On Jun 14, 2012
Image123: ^okay then,
if you knew that if you died, you
are going to resurrect, would you
have issues dying by crucifixion or in a plane crash?

well, to be honest I'll rather go in a plane crash than get shot LOL!

since people dont get crucified anymore, I dont have a reference point tongue

And yes. If i know I'll be up again, i'll gladly go that way smiley
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Joel3(m): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2012
The gospel contain the samething but deferent view
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by jmoore(m): 6:45pm On Jun 15, 2012
No prophecy on Judas killing himself, it was his choice to kill himself.

Peter betrayed Jesus but he did not kill himself.

Judas returning the money is nothing,the Jews already got what they want. It is like a man whose homosexual acts was made public and he decides to commit suicide because of the scandal.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:55pm On Jun 15, 2012
Where did you get the idea that they could read and write? In the gospels? Can you show me where it is written? Fishermen didn't read and write in those days. Where is your head?
Joel.:
Re: Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? by Image123(m): 8:05pm On Jun 15, 2012
Area_boy:

well, to be honest I'll rather go in a plane crash than get shot LOL!

since people dont get crucified anymore, I dont have a reference point tongue

And yes. If i know I'll be up again, i'll gladly go that way smiley
thank you very much. some folks were implying in some other thread that such decision was unreasonable.

(1) (Reply)

Somebody Shout Alleluhaaaaa - Nollywood John Okafor / Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. . / 2015 Prophecies By Prophet Olaye George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.