Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Chairman Of The House Committee On Narcotic And Financial Crimes Denies Receivin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chairman Of The House Committee On Narcotic And Financial Crimes Denies Receivin (553 Views)

Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Photos As Oduah Faces House Committee / Oduah Shuns House Committee Hearing As Cars Presented Are Different (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chairman Of The House Committee On Narcotic And Financial Crimes Denies Receivin by chyseth(m): 4:18pm On Jun 12, 2012
http://www.naijapundit.com/news/chairman-of-the-house-committee-on-narcotic-and-financial-crimes-denies-receiving-lawan-s-letter

These are not the best of times for Hon. Farouk Lawan who is enmeshed in a monumental bribe for clearance scandal. Lawan, who is accused of extorting a bribe of $600k from Chairman of Zenon Oil, Femi Otedola, to clear his company from culpability in the fuel subsidy probe which committee in the House he chaired had contradicted what he said on Sunday by Monday. On Snday he denied ever collecting any bribe, but by Monday, after Otedol had given an interview on Thisday stating his side of his story, Lawan changed his story and alleged that he did collect the bribe but that he informed the chairman of the House Committee on Narcotics and Financial Crimes of the attempt to bribe him via a letter.

But when the Chairman of the House Committee on Narcotic Drugs and Financial Crimes, Hon. Jagaba, was contacted to confirm receipt of Lawan’s letter, he denied receiving any letter to that effect.

“I am not part of the Ad Hoc Committee on Monitoring the Fuel Subsidy and to the best of my knowledge, I did not receive any such letter of complaint about an attempt to bribe the subsidy committee. I am not aware of anything concerning that transaction (bribery) and my committee is not in possession of such a letter,” he told THISDAY in a telephone interview Monday.

Jagaba said that while he could not hold brief for Lawan, it would be important for Nigerians to look at the issue on its merit.

According to Jagaba, the subsidy report unveiled monumental corruption in the management of the subsidy scheme and should not be undermined because of the bribery allegation against the committee.
Re: Chairman Of The House Committee On Narcotic And Financial Crimes Denies Receivin by chyseth(m): 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2012
this story is becoming more interesting.

guys whats your op on this
Re: Chairman Of The House Committee On Narcotic And Financial Crimes Denies Receivin by inspirenet: 4:56pm On Jun 12, 2012
chyseth: this story is becoming more interesting.

guys whats your op on this

Silent. Watching
Re: Chairman Of The House Committee On Narcotic And Financial Crimes Denies Receivin by doctokwus: 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2012
Why is ThisDay always being d one dat publishes anything dat lays claim to proving Fl is lying.Well until dis man comes out openly to deny receiving any such report,it remains a ThisDay image laundering stunt for Otedola

(1) (Reply)

Lamido Sanusi's Endless Controversy ? / Attack On Oshiomhole: We've Been Vindicated - PDP / Boat Carrying INEC Officials And Policemen Capsized In Edo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.