Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat (3579 Views)

Task Force Intercepts Expired Seasoning In Ogun State (Pictured) / What Is The Best Seasoning For Cooking Generally? / Is Indomie Seasoning Really Carcinogenic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat by mayluv(f): 5:57pm On Jun 12, 2012
Hello dearest nairalanders grin,
I really wonder how some caterers season their meat and fish especially fried that they come out tasting so good shocked kiss shocked. Wat exactly are those spices and how do you use them. Kindly share with the rest of us o so that we too can impress them out there o. Afterall they say d way to a man's heart is thru his stomach wink grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat by mayluv(f): 3:45pm On Jun 13, 2012
missy b especially u o. please i'm expecting your response wink wink smiley
Re: Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat by MissyB3(f): 6:18pm On Jun 13, 2012
Excuse the late response . . . These people are bent on frustrating me, they have to be coerced into posting. angry Very soon, anyone that reads without posting will be fined. tongue

Back to the topic, I think everyone knows how to prepare fried meat. Just a few minor dos or don'ts make the taste different:
* Make sure the meat/fish absorbs the broth before you turn off heat and fry. I used to make the mistake of boiling the meat with too much water, that when the meat is done, there's still a lot of broth in the pot, and in order not to make the meat overdone, I turn off the heat with plenty of broth left in the pot and then drain - WRONG. When the meat absorbs all the broth at medium heat temperature, it absorbs all the ingredients too, hence it's tastier.

* Your ingredients play an important role too. You should be able to use the correct quantity of ingredients in proportion to your meat. Too much ingredients, your meat is too tasty and has a 'sharp' taste . . . Not enough ingredients, your meat is poor in taste. Also, use adequate quantities of as many spices as possible.

* Heat the oil on medium heat until it starts popping, (flour the fish on both sides, if you want), cut a large piece of onion into the oil and after some seconds add your meat/fish. Fry and flip often, avoid burnt. When brown, place in a bowl of paper towel to absorb oil.

I hope it helps.

2 Likes

Re: Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat by kodylicky(f): 11:08am On Jun 14, 2012
good work missy B.....
Re: Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat by MissyB3(f): 5:12pm On Jun 14, 2012
kody-licky:
good work missy B.....
Many thanks. smiley
Re: Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat by mayluv(f): 6:21pm On Jun 15, 2012
Thanks alot MISSY B. It was really helpful dearie but i still need to know the magic ingredients you use in seasoning the meat/fish to get the unique taste. Kindly let me into the secret o. I need it seriously. Thanks again. U are a gift. wink grin wink
Re: Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat by MissyB3(f): 4:10pm On Jun 16, 2012
Maggi (as a seasoning, not maggi as a product), thyme, halved onion, salt, carrots, celery (sometimes), water.
That's all I mostly use.
Re: Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat by mayluv(f): 4:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
thanks missy B. u are always great!!!
Re: Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat by LAX89(m): 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
PLEASE NOTE:

Each FRIED food you eat takes you 5 steps closer to your GRAVE
!

1 Like

Re: Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat by Rocktation(f): 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2012
Missy_B: I used to make the mistake of boiling the meat with too much water, that when the meat is done, there's still a lot of broth in the pot, and in order not to make the meat overdone, I turn off the heat with plenty of broth left in the pot and then drain - WRONG.

Yes Missy, but in a case where the broth is needed to prepare another meal like the jollof rice or even stew, I don't think that it would be too bad a thing to do.

I think this beneath, is what a lot of us really find hard to do;
Missy_B: Use the correct quantity of ingredients in proportion to your meat.

....and water, I might add.
Re: Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat by edogram1(m): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
Thyme, curri, onions, maggi chicken, seat, slized little tomatos, water, meat. Treated groundnut oil.
Re: Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat by tpia5: 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2012
Depends on what type of dish you're making?

Fish is usually only seasoned with salt or the stew itself.

Your question is too general.
Re: Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat by tpia5: 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2012
You can also go with missy b's recommendation (you already have) but you need to specify what type of fish you're making.

Westerners usually season theirs with lemon and herbs but that's if they're baking it. They also have different sauces for fish.
Re: Methods Of Seasoning Fish And Meat by Quads: 2:26am On Jul 08, 2012
Ginger, garlic,thyme,onion, pepper, leak,curry,knorr chicken and salt. Marinate ie mix all the meat with the spices, cover and allow to stand in the fridge for at least 4 hrs before boiling. Dont add water initially, allow the water that drained out of the meat/chicken to dry up first so that the spices will permeate into the meat before you then water according to the size of broth you want. Then fry, but I prefer to let it dry in the oven.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Question: Are Green Potatoes Safe To Eat? / Expiry Date Error On Gala By Uac Foods / What Is The Difference Between Ewa Oloyin And Ewa Drum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.