Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

What Do You Do When Your Biological Parents Treat You Like A Slave - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Do When Your Biological Parents Treat You Like A Slave (1351 Views)

I Have Been Alfa’s Sex Slave For Two Years – Lagos Housewife / What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? / This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do When Your Biological Parents Treat You Like A Slave by micsade(f): 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2012
Pls i really need advise on this topic cos no matter what i do at home, it never gets to them. I dont receive any thanks, d only things i usually receive are insults. I'm fed up with this situation. D worst part is d@ whenever i complain of anything relating to health, they say i'm being lazy. The only person keeping me in d aus is my elder sister but she's not arnd at the moment. She went fo NYSC. I need advice people.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Biological Parents Treat You Like A Slave by moremi2008(m): 12:37am On Jun 13, 2012
Do you thank them everyday for the free food, rent and school fees? Are you at the very top of your class in school? What have you done lately to add value to your family?

You come across as a spoiled ingrate! Why don't you work hard so you can get out of your parents' house one day? Whining and moaning about household chores does not come across as very mature. Good luck!
Re: What Do You Do When Your Biological Parents Treat You Like A Slave by Fembleez1(m): 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
cryI have a gf that goes through same embarassed
Re: What Do You Do When Your Biological Parents Treat You Like A Slave by mutter(f): 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2014
Parents love their children and want the best for their children!

This is sadly not always true. In some cases children are subject to extreme abuse from their parents. The crazy thing is that in Nigeria, there is this creed of silence - you just don`t talk about it.
We also have cases where children are abused from outside and are too scared to tell their parents.

However try and make the best out of your life. Since your sister in in NYSC, she might soon be getting her own place so you might be able to spend time there.

No matter what happens never forget that you are special and deserve to be treated properly.
Do not loose your self esteem and give yourself over to anyone in search of love. Most importantly do not ever put yourself in a situation in life to receive receive this kind of treatment again.
For instance girls who have been beaten by their parents may sometimes accept it from a husband , because they think it is normal. So you need to watch out for yourself yourself

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Biological Parents Treat You Like A Slave by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 21, 2014
moremi2008:
Do you thank them everyday for the free food, rent and school fees? Are you at the very top of your class in school? What have you done lately to add value to your family?

You come across as a spoiled ingrate! Why don't you work hard so you can get out of your parents' house one day? Whining and moaning about household chores does not come across as very mature. Good luck!
This is rather harsh...
So you think you have got her problem all figured out by reading just a few lines of what she wrote about her life..and then spewing that thing you wrote up there as an advice...i see.
Obviously you dont know that kids needs more than being sent to school and eating free food to grow some confidence and know they are being cherished in their parents house.. And yes, some parents can be passive emotionally abusive to their kids without knowing it, they are not always right.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Biological Parents Treat You Like A Slave by LizNaira: 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
things will get better believe me, your parents are angels but when you become a parent remember this! Forget what hurt you but remember what it taught you!

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It Always Female? (every Man Must Read This) / Do Men Marry For These Reasons? / Can Anyone Please Help Me Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.