Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,179 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

You Lied Over Obodo Release, Vigilante Group Tells Police - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / You Lied Over Obodo Release, Vigilante Group Tells Police (619 Views)

Christian Obodo Found In Italy With Marijuana & Girls / Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me / Kidnapped Christian Obodo Freed By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Lied Over Obodo Release, Vigilante Group Tells Police by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 13, 2012
THE Emevor Vigilante Group, yesterday, expressed disappointment over claims by the Delta State Police Command on the rescue of kidnapped soccer star, Christian Obodo, saying that they (vigilante) effected his rescue.
Delta State police image maker, Mr Charles Muka, had told reporters that the abducted soccer star, was rescued by police in Emevor.
Speaking to newsmen at Emevor, members of the vigilante group, who pleadedfor anonymity, said the police should have at least given them credit for a job well done, instead of attributing same to themselves unjustly.
Narrating how Obodo was rescued, a member of the vigilante group, said the soccer star, who was earlierin the day hidden in a nearby forest was moved to a local food vendor for dinner by his abductors and Obodo acted smart and sneaked out of the place before he screamed for help and some good Samaritans quickly alerted them (vigilante) who came to his rescue.
He said they then contacted the Police in Emevor, who came and took him away.
Some residents, who spoke to Vanguard said they were in their houses when they heard someone calling for help and they quickly responded and only to discover that it was Obodo.
“We just finished watching afootball match, and were about to go to bed. Suddenly, we heard a voice screaming ‘I am Christian Obodo, I was kidnapped, please come and help me.‘ We immediately rushed to the scene and quickly contacted the community vigilante, which came to save the situation before the kidnappers could reinforce and come after him,,” a resident said.
The police, it was learnt made some arrest in the community. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/you-lied-over-obodo-release-vigilante-group-tells-police/
Re: You Lied Over Obodo Release, Vigilante Group Tells Police by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 13, 2012
This version seems to correlate with that of Obodo, I think the police are the one telling lies.
Re: You Lied Over Obodo Release, Vigilante Group Tells Police by WilyWily5: 11:14am On Jun 13, 2012
Life Sweet ooooooo, I am Christian Ben Johnson Obodo, help me oooo, come and help me oooooo.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Sack Salomon Kalou / Who Is Greater? / Pair Of Binocular Glasses For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.