Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

GTB Tokens Don't Last! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Tokens Don't Last! (22343 Views)

How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call / Gtb Internet Banking Token Device / Questions on GTB Bank Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB Tokens Don't Last! by DualCore1: 5:15pm On Jun 13, 2012
These tokens do their work but the hardware does not last. My first token didn't stay a year before i noticed a small crack on the screen which grew into a bigger crack and the ink spread accross the screen.

I got a replacement and few weeks later i saw a small patch of ink (no cracks) which has since been growing at the center. Its almost halfway through the screen but I can manage to guess the obscured numbers most times so I am still using it.

For my first token, I always had it with my keys. I guess that's how the crack came. The replacement token too, I had it with my keys until last week when I removed it.

GTB cannot give us a token and expect us to keep it at our homes and bring it out of the drawer only when we need to make a transaction.

I put my token with my keys because my keys are always with me and I could initiate any transfer anywhere! The token even has a provision for a key chain so it means the makers expect it to be affixed to a set of keys but these tokens are not rugged. They are not built for Nigerian mobility! Soon I will be replacing this second token and each replacement costs 3,500 Naira.

Meanwhile I have decided to find out some time to generate as many token numbers as I can in an hour and save in a secure location on my handheld devices, because that ink that's spreading may just give way one day and cover the whole screen and it may be at a crucial moment.
Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by 27naira(m): 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2012
eyah!

Sorry. It is well.. smiley
Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by DSB(m): 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2012
hehehe...I've had mine for over 5yrs and it still looks brand new grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by alanbolo(m): 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2012
No be u? They knew u could afford the #3,500 for replacements.
Mine is still working after 1 year.. (Actually taken it out when needed)
GTB love customers like u.

1 Like

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by JOXY(f): 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2012
Well I have been using my Token for the past 1 year and it is working fine. My advise however is that you should handle it with more care.

1 Like

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by AnotherOkija: 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2012
Dual Core: These tokens do their work but the hardware does not last. My first token didn't stay a year before i noticed a small crack on the screen which grew into a bigger crack and the ink spread accross the screen.

I got a replacement and few weeks later i saw a small patch of ink (no cracks) which has since been growing at the center. Its almost halfway through the screen but I can manage to guess the obscured numbers most times so I am still using it.

For my first token, I always had it with my keys. I guess that's how the crack came. The replacement token too, I had it with my keys until last week when I removed it.

GTB cannot give us a token and expect us to keep it at our homes and bring it out of the drawer only when we need to make a transaction.

I put my token with my keys because my keys are always with me and I could initiate any transfer anywhere! The token even has a provision for a key chain so it means the makers expect it to be affixed to a set of keys but these tokens are not rugged. They are not built for Nigerian mobility! Soon I will be replacing this second token and each replacement costs 3,500 Naira.

Meanwhile I have decided to find out some time to generate as many token numbers as I can in an hour and save in a secure location on my handheld devices, because that ink that's spreading may just give way one day and cover the whole screen and it may be at a crucial moment.

Maybe its not the Token thats the problem but you who is careless.. I have owned a GTbank token for over two years, a first bank token and a Diamond bank token (which is as big as a calculator) and they are all functioning just fine...

When next you get one, go meet your nearest welder to make you a metal pouch for it.. angry

GTBank rocks.. cool

5 Likes

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by cruxkhalif: 6:03pm On Jun 13, 2012
DSB: hehehe...I've had mine for over 5yrs and it still looks brand new grin grin grin

Please tell him! You climb nail with your car tire, you wan blame Bridgestone. Mstcheewwww!

2 Likes

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by alanbolo(m): 6:03pm On Jun 13, 2012
Another Okija:
When next you get one, go meet your nearest welder to make you a metal pouch for it.. angry
Good one. Welders could make money from this idea... smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by greenhope(m): 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2012
Don't handle it like a token
Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by bukason1(m): 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2012
;DThat a token has a key holder doesn't mean you should carry all the iron wey dey for your house hang am untop. you be mumu. (by the way, how is my pidgin?)

Anyho, i have one and has been using it for over a year now and guess what, it doesn't have so much as a scratch on it.
Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by AnotherOkija: 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2012
Say you don use pass 2 Tokens no be sign say your account balancepass 50, 000 Naira.. grin

2 Likes

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 13, 2012
Another Okija: Say you don use pass 2 Tokens no be sign say your account balancepass 50, 000 Naira.. grin
cheesy
Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by kaiter: 6:39pm On Jun 13, 2012
Well I have been using my Token for the past 1 year and it is working fine.[img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by aieromon(m): 6:44pm On Jun 13, 2012
Those tokens are fragile so you gotta handle with care and not put it with a bunch of keys.
Mine is sparkling new.

3 Likes

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by bigx(m): 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2012
Dual Core: These tokens do their work but the hardware does not last. My first token didn't stay a year before i noticed a small crack on the screen which grew into a bigger crack and the ink spread accross the screen.

Stop keeping them with your keys, Its not secure at all.
Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by MrEndowed1: 6:50pm On Jun 13, 2012
Well! I have had mine since the inception of tokens. It has never given me any issues. Mayb u use yours as a keyholder. Mine is always in my bag. It has never failed me. Check yourself jorrrr

1 Like

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by tEsLim(m): 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2012
I have had mine since 08/09 shocked always on my home office desk. Then in my notebook bag when I move. I haven't replaced battery and still looks new. My cousins token GTB logo got washed off after few weeks due to fixing it to car keyholder. He probably replaced it by now.
Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by laidback(m): 6:54pm On Jun 13, 2012

Bro, I don't think that's how those things work o - though I'm not so sure. The token works with a time synchronized server at GTB HQ or some where, so whatever numbers you generate beforehand, would be invalid at the time you want to use them later. There are other types of disconnected tokens that use a formula, whereby the next number is a function of the previous, so except this is how GTB's configured theirs, generating numbers for use later wont work. Like I said I'm not sure so pls find out.

1 Like

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by zangiff(m): 6:55pm On Jun 13, 2012
Very soft and flexible
Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by ifeci: 7:14pm On Jun 13, 2012
keys and token? and you didn't expect a scratch? try it with your phone and if the result is thesame then stop blaming the token or maybe you should pack ur laptop with your pots and plates because e flat like tray. no be only key holder, na key hanger ni.

1 Like

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by mrteejoy: 7:28pm On Jun 13, 2012
laidback:

Bro, I don't think that's how those things work o - though I'm not so sure. The token works with a time synchronized server at GTB HQ or some where, so whatever numbers you generate beforehand, would be invalid at the time you want to use them later. There are other types of disconnected tokens that use a formula, whereby the next number is a function of the previous, so except this is how GTB's configured theirs, generating numbers for use later wont work. Like I said I'm not sure so pls find out.

This guy is cracking me up...
First you keep your token with ur keys..do u keep ur calculator with ur keys? The metal keys will damage the digital surface.
Secondly, you want to generate the numbers and keep? that is ridiculously hilarious... ones you press the token the second time...the previous number can never be used. That is why it is secured.
Just find a better way to keep the token, because I have been using mine for five years with no problem at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by Ugwumba(m): 7:30pm On Jun 13, 2012
Clearly this tech is not for everyone. grin
Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by kokoye(m): 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2012
I'm sorry for asking o, what kind of tokens are you guys referring to . .they are obviously used in the Nigerian banking system.

Excuse me for my ignorance. I'm trying to learn.

The token I use and know about is for my work's VPN access
Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2012
I have had mine for 2yrs +, the only time I had issues was when I started getting half numbers and I called their CS and they said am not pay 3k for a new one, mehn I just decided to break the stuff before getting another one at least to see how the inside dey just to discover it uses a calculator battery mehn I just changed de battry and it starts working again no be my fault. To dash GTB 3k no be small thin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2012
gboss4sure: I have had mine for 2yrs +, the only time I had issues was when I started getting half numbers and I called their CS and they said am not pay 3k for a new one, mehn I just decided to break the stuff before getting another one at least to see how the inside dey just to discover it uses a calculator battery mehn I just changed de battry and it starts working again no be my fault. To dash GTB 3k no be small thin

grin grin
Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by toria1980(f): 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2012
i have had mine for close to 3yrs, am still using it here in the uk..

no issue with it... in fact still in the pack that came with it.
have u even tot of d danger of going about with it when those boys ask u wetin u carry grin

Gtb rocks
Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by apach4ever(m): 8:07pm On Jun 13, 2012
Shame, Access Bank have software tokens that can be installed on your Blackberry or I-phone/I-pad as well as the normal hardware tokens.

1 Like

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by yamakuza: 8:14pm On Jun 13, 2012
laidback:

you are correct. If you waste time while typing the numbers, you'll sometimes get INVALID TOKEN.

#Meaning they age
Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by Opoki(m): 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2012
apach4ever: Shame, Access Bank have software tokens that can be installed on your Blackberry or I-phone/I-pad as well as the normal hardware tokens.
So also Gt, u may chk their site.

1 Like

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by Slyr0x: 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2012
Oga DualCore, Na wa for u sef o0. .Na every minute you dey do transactions ni?

1 Like

Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by go4value(m): 8:26pm On Jun 13, 2012
well my own still d new.........i take it along only wen am travelln out of town.tx
Re: GTB Tokens Don't Last! by denzel2009: 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2012
Slyr0x: Oga DualCore, Na wa for u sef o0. .Na every minute you dey do transactions ni?
Slyr0x: Oga DualCore, Na wa for u sef o0. .Na every minute you dey do transactions ni?

na the same question I wan ask am o. Once you don't need it to get money out of ATM, you don't need to carry it around everytime.

kokoye: I'm sorry for asking o, what kind of tokens are you guys referring to . .they are obviously used in the Nigerian banking system.

Excuse me for my ignorance. I'm trying to learn.

The token I use and know about is for my work's VPN access

It's a calculator like device that generates random numbers to authenticate your online account. It's a 2 factor model of authentication which gives additional layer of security as it's becoming easier to use social engineering to get mugus to disclose their passwords.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nylon Making Business. Any Ideas? / 4 Untapped Online Business Ideas In Nigeria - Nigerianonlinebusiness / A Millionaire At 29, That’s Five Years Late!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.