Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,281 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Cant We Crate A Search Engine Web Site - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Cant We Crate A Search Engine Web Site (856 Views)

Programming Competition: Search Engine Task. Rewards up for grabs. / Is Nairaland Becoming A Search Engine? / This Is My 1st Web App Ever - A Search Engine For Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cant We Crate A Search Engine Web Site by nwa234: 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2007
please dear fiends cant we the nairaland forum users as web masters start our own search engine like google
i have the idea of it at list list create a web site for all listings in nigeria which will be like a search engine so that outsiders can use it to know more baout Nigeria
Re: Cant We Crate A Search Engine Web Site by handsome2(m): 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2007
I have never seen a gathering of fools and dullards as much as I have seen on NairaLand - where will you get people with intellect to do what you are proposing?
Re: Cant We Crate A Search Engine Web Site by Uche2nna(m): 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2007
lmao

@ Handsome
Maybe u have been messing around with the wrong landers.
Re: Cant We Crate A Search Engine Web Site by codemaster: 6:58pm On Nov 25, 2007
the open source guys at www.afrobyters.com can no doubt do this project. get yrself registered and give that suggestion in the project or open source projecs board room.
www.afrobyters.com is a web forum for all open source projects in africa created by linux guys in nigeria. so the best guys are there
Re: Cant We Crate A Search Engine Web Site by Kobojunkie: 4:06am On Nov 26, 2007
Are you referring to a sort of Yellow Book for Nigeria?? I tried working on such some years ago but just as we were getting started life struck and everyone moved on to do other things. Have been hoping another group would have accomplished it by now but no. Anyways, sure.
Re: Cant We Crate A Search Engine Web Site by codemaster: 4:42pm On Nov 26, 2007
well, it just happen dat we need 2 work in d open source community across africa. that is the essence of the forum. we are soon going to initiate a project soon by january at www.afrobyters.com so we need people to come and lets start something
Re: Cant We Crate A Search Engine Web Site by codemaster: 9:41am On Nov 27, 2007
well when you are creating a search engine, one thing you should consider is the programming language of choice becos google used python due to its flexibility with a lot of c++ backbone. on the other hand the search engine architecture entails you measuring the latency of hosts around you so that you measure the possible shortest distance along of the nearest host using the eucleadian plane calculation.
well for more of this work. you post this question on www.afrobyters.com
we are in need of projects to carry out here in africa by january. i am an afrobyter

(1) (Reply)

Ready To Help On Your Programming, Just / Help For Xp Gost Installation / Job On Sql Urgent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.