Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

I Have Dreams Of Choosing A Career Path With The Nigerian Airforce,pls Advice!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have Dreams Of Choosing A Career Path With The Nigerian Airforce,pls Advice!! (1731 Views)

Another List Of Successful Candidates For Nigerian Airforce Recruitment 2014 Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Dreams Of Choosing A Career Path With The Nigerian Airforce,pls Advice!! by prettychic(f): 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2012
Hi everyone!
I'm a young woman who has dreams of becoming an accomplished Aircraft Engineer someday.
To help accomplish my dreams,i just rounded studyin Electrical/Electronics Engineering from a reputable Polytechnic and also have an International membership with a foremost Aviation Organisation.
I got to find out from an insider with NAF that with OND i could come in as airwoman and then take up my career to become an Aircraft Engr.
How true?

1 Like

Re: I Have Dreams Of Choosing A Career Path With The Nigerian Airforce,pls Advice!! by prettychic(f): 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2012
Pls my questions are;
1.I know NAF have an institute AFIT,can i start studyin almost immediately when enlisted or if not,when?
2. Is the NAF career friendly for women?
3. Can i study further say HND,P.GRAD,MASTERS,etc?
4.How about harassments a chic might possibly face, lol
5. Is attaining the height where the pyramid starts 'yams' for a woman in the military? bla bla.
Pls pardon my questions,just that i'd giv anythin to achieve my dreams! 1 love

1 Like

Re: I Have Dreams Of Choosing A Career Path With The Nigerian Airforce,pls Advice!! by prettychic(f): 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2012
Please your contributions,encouragements,discouragements(lol),and advice are welcomed!
Please somebody advice a sister! :-(
Re: I Have Dreams Of Choosing A Career Path With The Nigerian Airforce,pls Advice!! by DisGuy: 10:46am On Jun 15, 2012
[/b][b]
prettychic: Hi everyone!
I'm a young woman who has dreams of becoming an accomplished Aircraft Engineer someday.
To help accomplish my dreams,i just rounded studyin Electrical/Electronics Engineering from a reputable Polytechnic and also have an International membership with a foremost Aviation Organisation.
I got to find out from an insider with NAF that with OND i could come in as airwoman and then take up my career to become an Aircraft Engr.
How true?

You dont trust the insider?

contact the AFIT they would be able to explain your options after enlisting

you'd face harrassment anywhere, just depends how supportive the society is

1 Like

Re: I Have Dreams Of Choosing A Career Path With The Nigerian Airforce,pls Advice!! by alabiikeolu(m): 4:51am On Jun 16, 2012
It is a good idea
Re: I Have Dreams Of Choosing A Career Path With The Nigerian Airforce,pls Advice!! by ramonacee(f): 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2012
I think with the OND you've got,you get enlisted as a TRADESWOMAN and not as a AIRWOMAN.
It means,you'd start a career based on what you studied which is EE(Elect/Elect). With time you could enrol with afit to get an hnd in Aircraft Engineering with options in Avionics or Mainframe(dnt knw if i got the name, lol) check afit site to see what the options are.
Most importantly,the secret to succeeding in the military is to continual education.

1 Like

Re: I Have Dreams Of Choosing A Career Path With The Nigerian Airforce,pls Advice!! by ramonacee(f): 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2012
By saying that i mean, dont stop at the OND you have go ahead and have for yourself an HND,Pgd,Masters,etc.
And best of all..you get a tuiton free study while you are in the military.
Be diplomatic,tactical and very smart when in that environment because all these sort of people succeed in the military.
What else? (spit don finish for my mouth o!) Hope i have been helpful?
I admire your optimism..all the best in your choice of career path!

1 Like

Re: I Have Dreams Of Choosing A Career Path With The Nigerian Airforce,pls Advice!! by prettychic(f): 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2012
Dis Guy: [/b][b]

You dont trust the insider?

contact the AFIT they would be able to explain your options after enlisting

you'd face harrassment anywhere, just depends how supportive the society is

Thanks bro for the advise!
Re: I Have Dreams Of Choosing A Career Path With The Nigerian Airforce,pls Advice!! by prettychic(f): 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2012
cry cry
alabiikeolu: It is a good idea

Bros abeg advise me naa!
Re: I Have Dreams Of Choosing A Career Path With The Nigerian Airforce,pls Advice!! by prettychic(f): 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
ramonacee: I think with the OND you've got,you get enlisted as a TRADESWOMAN and not as a AIRWOMAN.
It means,you'd start a career based on what you studied which is EE(Elect/Elect). With time you could enrol with afit to get an hnd in Aircraft Engineering with options in Avionics or Mainframe(dnt knw if i got the name, lol) check afit site to see what the options are.
Most importantly,the secret to succeeding in the military is to continual education.
Thanks sis, thanks!
Re: I Have Dreams Of Choosing A Career Path With The Nigerian Airforce,pls Advice!! by prettychic(f): 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2012
cool cool cool
ramonacee: By saying that i mean, dont stop at the OND you have go ahead and have for yourself an HND,Pgd,Masters,etc.
And best of all..you get a tuiton free study while you are in the military.
Be diplomatic,tactical and very smart when in that environment because all these sort of people succeed in the military.
What else? (spit don finish for my mouth o!) Hope i have been helpful?
I admire your optimism..all the best in your choice of career path!
Thanks for ur advise, God be with you!
Re: I Have Dreams Of Choosing A Career Path With The Nigerian Airforce,pls Advice!! by prettychic(f): 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2012
cool cool Thanks to those who have responded to my post....thanks alot! Ple ase anyone who can still tell me more should please do so. Thanks for all your responses...thanks alot. cool Thanks to those who have responded to my post....thanks alot! Ple ase anyone who can still tell me more should please do so. Thanks for all your responses...thanks alot.

(1) (Reply)

The Cost Of Making An Engineer. / What Are His Chances with CCIE? / Covenant Day Of Business Breakthrough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.