Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here (46832 Views)

Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. / What Is The Average Pay Of Chartered Accountants In Nigeria / Can Engineers Become Chartered Accountants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Trulie(m): 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
Maxi can u pls help me with d study packs fr foundatn level. Alertmybox@gmail.com
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by edmmanuel01(m): 12:04am On Nov 29, 2013
Good a.m. all. I would like to know how to go about the registration for ATS. I really don't know what steps to take. Please I would appreciate it if those with experience can put me through. God bless you.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Maximus17(m): 4:42am On Nov 30, 2013
Tru_lie: Maxi can u pls help me with d study packs fr foundatn level. Alertmybox@gmail.com
Packs for foundation really difficult to get,I've got just one which is FA...I'll send that to you,buh get posted in case I see anoda
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Maximus17(m): 8:38am On Nov 30, 2013
edmmanuel01: Good a.m. all. I would like to know how to go about the registration for ATS. I really don't know what steps to take. Please I would appreciate it if those with experience can put me through. God bless you.
Follow this link http://www.icanig.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=227&Itemid=489
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Trulie(m): 8:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
Maximus17:
Packs for foundation really difficult to get,I've got just one which is FA...I'll send that to you,buh get posted in case I see anoda
ok, thank u. I'd be on the look out.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by abdulslutsky(m): 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
Tru_lie:
ok, thank u. I'd be on the look out.

Hey true lie, could you send the FA to me pls
Omisade.niyi157@gmail.com
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by tohirah(f): 12:53pm On Dec 19, 2013
Congrats to all newly inducted AAt members including myself.

Ama certified AAT wink
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Maximus17(m): 1:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
Serial no 409 I guess that's your serial no Tohira, presently in in AAT conference
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Trulie(m): 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
Mr max am yet to get the FA. I guess u av bn busy. Can u find out time to send the material to me pls.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by tohirah(f): 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
Maximus17: Serial no 409 I guess that's your serial no Tohira, presently in in AAT conference
Wow!!! That's my number. I wish I saw this earlier tho, woulda loved to see u. That's me

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Maximus17(m): 8:05am On Dec 21, 2013
tohirah:
Wow!!! That's my number. I wish I saw this earlier tho, woulda loved to see u. That's me
And this is Maximus

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Maximus17(m): 8:28am On Dec 21, 2013
Tru_lie: Mr max am yet to get the FA. I guess u av bn busy. Can u find out time to send the material to me pls.
I'm so sorry bro..do u mean FA for foundation or PE 1?
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Layiwoo(m): 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
tohirah:
welcome to d club...May Allah make d rest easy..
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Trulie(m): 10:14am On Dec 27, 2013
Maximus17:
I'm so sorry bro..do u mean FA for foundation or PE 1?
for foundation.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by LausDeo(m): 1:17pm On Dec 27, 2013
marvis5077: which of the offices? Is it the one at illupeju or the one at victoria island?
victoria island. The membership affairs office
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by onyiiDgreat: 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2014
Dekins88: Thank you very much sir.
Im a graduate of accounting (Bsc). Please how do I go about ICAN examinations, preparation, books. Infact how do I start. I am resident in Port Harcourt. I want to write May or Nov. diet by the grace of God. my email is favvy1810. my no. 08035435286. Thanks.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
onyiiDgreat: Im a graduate of accounting (Bsc). Please how do I go about ICAN examinations, preparation, books. Infact how do I start. I am resident in Port Harcourt. I want to write May or Nov. diet by the grace of God. my email is favvy1810. my no. 08035435286. Thanks.

If your school is accredited by ICAN, you are lucky...straight to P.E 1

Purchase ICAN registration pin from designated bank, visit ICAN site for more information and to register

After registration, wait to alloted a student number, once you get that, apply for exemption with your NYSC certificate or Transcript...once you are exempted, that's all

Now to the main business...PREPARATION

For IT, ensure you cover ICAN pack pali to pali but that is not enough until you solve and understand at least 10 past diet questions...cram the short question answers if you must.

For AAA, ICAN pack and get John Uzu's textbook, that guys simplified it...ensure you get Pathfinder and solve at least 10 diets questions too.

For FA, i used ACCA F7, ICAN Pack and FAMS Volume 1 and 2....F7 for Group A/c and IFRS/IAS related
ICAN pack and FAMS 1 and 2 for Miscellaneous
get ICAN pathfinder not latter than 2010, solve the question in ACCA F7 and download some ACCA F7 past questions and answer
visit www.iasplus.com to learn more about IAS and IFRS
I got the ACCA F7 for 5000NGN from Simon Page abi na School, Magodo...i ordered online...i saw on Youtube that it is being sold for 4500NGN now

For MGT Accounting, Ican pack, J. Oguns Mgt Accounting or Adeniji's and most importantly solve past questions

Reason i kept mentioning solving past questions is that if you dare enter ICAN exam center after studying ICAN packs without solving past questions is like you committing suicide...you need to get yourself familiar with ICAN questions, know their techniques and work on timing yourself.

ICAN was never over-rated as been the most difficult exam set by any Nigerian Professional body, it is the fact. It is feared because it brings out the best in people... I tell people who want to learn how to read but don't to know to read to only register for ICAN, no one, i repeat, no one will beg them to read. The fear of ICAN reference is the beginning of wisdom

I remember while preparing for last diet, i had to relocate to a student environment to motivate myself, LUTH was the best option...it got to a point that medical students were scared of ICAN because for the 2weeks that i was on leave, the students leave me in the morning studying and return in the evening meeting me still studying...I wrote P.E1...am sure i will laugh come January 16 when i check the result...wish me success smiley

With all said...ICAN is not by i sabi book oh, you need GOD's help...ICAN can be madden embarassed

For those in Lagos and got the money, register with a tested and trust tutorial ICAN centre e.g. SAFE Associates (Surulere), Student PYE (Yaba), Riskfree (Anthony), WYSE (Maryland)....i used SAFE and those guys are loaded and experienced...OGUNS made Management Accounting fun and easy to learn

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by abdulslutsky(m): 8:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
[quote author=hayoakins]

Purchase ICAN registration pin from designated bank, visit ICAN site for more information and to register

After registration, wait to alloted a student number, once you get that, apply for exemption with your NYSC certificate or Transcript...once you are exempted, that's all

For IT, ensure you cover ICAN pack pali to pali but that is not enough until thank you for that info. which textbooks and/or materials do you suggest for someone starting from foundation?
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by rajidgreat(m): 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
Having see d text u sight n d tuition house, i realised u re a safe guy.
Nyc guide sha!

Frm 1 of d better pikins

hayoakins:

For IT, ensure you cover ICAN pack pali to pali but that is not enough until you solve and understand at least 10 past diet questions...cram the short question answers if you must.

For AAA, ICAN pack and get John Uzu's textbook, that guys simplified it...ensure you get Pathfinder and solve at least 10 diets questions too.

For FA, i used ACCA F7, ICAN Pack and FAMS Volume 1 and 2....F7 for Group A/c and IFRS/IAS related
ICAN pack and FAMS 1 and 2 for Miscellaneous
get ICAN pathfinder not latter than 2010, solve the question in ACCA F7 and download some ACCA F7 past questions and answer
visit www.iasplus.com to learn more about IAS and IFRS
I got the ACCA F7 for 5000NGN from Simon Page abi na School, Magodo...i ordered online...i saw on Youtube that it is being sold for 4500NGN now

For MGT Accounting, Ican pack, J. Oguns Mgt Accounting or Adeniji's and most importantly solve past questions

Reason i kept mentioning solving past questions is that if you dare enter ICAN exam center after studying ICAN packs without solving past questions is like you committing suicide...you need to get yourself familiar with ICAN questions, know their techniques and work on timing yourself.

ICAN was never over-rated as been the most difficult exam set by any Nigerian Professional body, it is the fact. It is feared because it brings out the best in people... I tell people who want to learn how to read but don't to know to read to only register for ICAN, no one, i repeat, no one will beg them to read. The fear of ICAN reference is the beginning of wisdom

I remember while preparing for last diet, i had to relocate to a student environment to motivate myself, LUTH was the best option...it got to a point that medical students were scared of ICAN because for the 2weeks that i was on leave, the students leave me in the morning studying and return in the evening meeting me still studying...I wrote P.E1...am sure i will laugh come January 16 when i check the result...wish me success smiley

With all said...ICAN is not by i sabi book oh, you need GOD's help...ICAN can be madden embarassed

For those in Lagos and got the money, register with a tested and trust tutorial ICAN centre e.g. SAFE Associates (Surulere), Student PYE (Yaba), Riskfree (Anthony), WYSE (Maryland)....i used SAFE and those guys are loaded and experienced...OGUNS made Management Accounting fun and easy to learn

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2014
all my posts are gone...what a pity sad
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by nitrogen(m): 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2014
hayoakins: all my posts are gone...what a pity sad

Sorry!
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 2:48am On Jun 28, 2014
nitrogen:

Sorry!

lol...thanks.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by DelightedHepzy(m): 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2014
@hayoakins, please I need a serious ICAN centre in sango ota(please don't mention the one in The bells uni., the guy is just after the money).
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2014
Delighted Hepzy: @hayoakins, please I need a serious ICAN centre in sango ota(please don't mention the one in The bells uni., the guy is just after the money).

I heard TRACE at Alhmadihhya is cool but please don't base your conclusion on my suggestion; do ask around for confirmation.

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Maximus17(m): 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2014
I feel like crying, all the invaluable and priceless posts are gone, even my frontpage may diet topic is gone....Chai, all izz well, unconfirmed sources sayz maydiet results may be released in 48hrs time
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
Maximus17: I feel like crying, all the invaluable and priceless posts are gone, even my frontpage may diet topic is gone....Chai, all izz well, unconfirmed sources sayz maydiet results may be released in 48hrs time

Confirmed!
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 02, 2014
Are the study packs for the new syllabus out?
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 5:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, ICAN

ICAN RELEASES MAY 2014 PROFESSIONAL EXAM RESULTS
The Council of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria has released the May 2014 Professional examination results.
Candidates who sat for the examination are enjoined to check the notice boards at the V/I and Ebute-Metta offices.

SOURCE: ICAN Facebook account
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
How To Call For ICAN Answer Script/remark - Ican Press Release

In order to bridge the information gap regarding the performance of candidates at the Institute’s examinations, the Council has approved that effective November 2013 diet examinations, marks scored by candidates for each subject taken should be disclosed on the result slip. This decision has already been effected.

The extant policy of Council on grievance procedure by candidates who sit for the Institute’s examination is still in place. Every candidate has an unassailable right to request for the review of his/her script(s) after the release of results of the examination.

The procedures for the review of scripts are:

i. Candidate to write to the Registrar/Chief Executive, Plot 16, Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island or the Director (Students’ Affairs), 82 Murtala Muhammed Way, by Oyingbo bus stop, Ebute Metta, Lagos requesting for the review of his/her script(s). The number of script(s), level of the examination and subject(s) must be indicated in the letter as well as candidate’s registration number and examination number.

ii. Payment of fee of fifty thousand naira only (N50,000.00) per subject/script to ICAN via paydirect or BANK DRAFT. Receipts must be attached to the application in (i) above,

iii. Candidate would be required to come along with his/her Sponsor/Referee (a member of the Institute that signed his/her form) or approved representative of the Sponsor/Referee and any other observer of his/her choice.

iv. The following ICAN representatives will attend the review session(s).

Chairman, Professional Examination Committee
Chief Examiner of the subject(s) for review
Representative of Professional Examination Department.

v. The script(s), examination question paper(s) and marking scheme(s) will be made available to the candidate’s Sponsor/Referee for review.

vi. A report will be prepared on the outcome of the review and signed jointly by the candidate, his/her Sponsor/Referee and ICAN Representatives.

It is pertinent to note that candidates who call for the review of their scripts will NOT BE PENALISED for this reason.

It is however, recommended that candidates should review their answers against the PATHFINDERS (Questions, Answers and Examiners’ comments) published by the Institute after each examination before calling for script(s) to avoid the cost of the review exercise.

The PATHFINDERS can be found on the Institute’s website: www.icanig.org

SOURCE: https://www.facebook.com/ICAN1965?fref=ts
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Jenkoja(m): 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
Preparing for application stage, but i am so afraid because just discover a spirit of laziness in me. Any advice for me? I am with my AAT, ND, and about to finish my degree. Just last semester
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by hayoakins(m): 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
Jenkoja: Preparing for application stage, but i am so afraid because just discover a spirit of laziness in me. Any advice for me? I am with my AAT, ND, and about to finish my degree. Just last semester

Laziness? You got AAT man...brace up and grab your ACA but Professionals no be beans oh.

See you at the exam hall come November.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Female Graduate Hawks Food In Abuja (Photos) / Dr. Wendy Okolo, First Black Woman To Bag A Phd In Aerospace Engineering / Sex Scandal Hits MTN As Female Employees Accuse CSO Adebiyi Of Harassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.