Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1231609 members, 1619895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 September 2014 at 12:41 PM

Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active (19883 Views)

Active GPS Car Trackers Vs Passive GPS Trackers / Three Adverts / Threads Per Day Required ( Bulk Autos Section is still Active ) / Active Nairalanders Xmas Get Together Party Choose A Date In December (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by inspiredm(m): 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2012
The Auto Discussion Section is Now Active.

The Section is Called "CAR TALK" Section and is Accessible from the Home Page of the Forum.

All Discussions about Automobiles Should be directed to this Section.

Link to Section is http://www.nairaland.com/cartalk

Happy Viewing.

4 Likes

Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by BizBooks(m): 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2012
@Inspired,

Bravo to you and your crew.

In browsing through the Car Talk page, I came across some adverts. I'm assuming they are
there by mistake. When that section finally gains momentum, there should be zero tolerance
for car ads even for newcomers. I hope you agree.

1 Like

Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by inspiredm(m): 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2012
BizBooks: @Inspired,

Bravo to you and your crew.

In browsing through the Car Talk page, I came across some adverts. I'm assuming they are
there by mistake. When that section finally gains momentum, there should be zero tolerance
for car ads even for newcomers. I hope you agree.

Yeah I just noticed as well, My Co Moderator on that Section Probably Moved the Adverts Mistakenly from the Autos Section, We will sort them Out Appropriately.

The Section is Strictly for Auto Discussions and Diagnostics, And No Adverts shall be Allowed there.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by Miroslavklose: 10:19pm On Jun 14, 2012
More awareness is needed regarding this section. Tell seun to post it on the Homepage.

Also Seun should accede to the christian's request for christian section

1 Like

Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by Niyisnoop(m): 7:40am On Jun 15, 2012
this is a good idea! i would love to see it start asap.

1 Like

Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by BizBooks(m): 11:34am On Jun 15, 2012
Niyisnoop: this is a good idea! i would love to see it start asap.

It has started already. See it here: http://www.nairaland.com/cartalk
Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by Murphy7h4: 2:58am On Jun 16, 2012
Good point grin
Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by florencejoyB: 8:47am On Jun 20, 2012
Congrats! You have an awesome point there. smiley

Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by barexy(m): 5:32am On Jul 03, 2012
grin
Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by Duke55: 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
Good people pls help me wth a good auto technician phone contact, who can do conversion from Right Hand drive to Left Hand drive on Honda CRV. 08023343573
Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by hymadon: 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2012
Am using a nissan altima 2000 model after, i have seviced the engine, the display "sevice your engine soon" is still ON and recently the engine goes off when am driving. please can any body tell me the axalt thing to do, please no try an error. thanks
Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by blixxman: 2:54am On Jul 26, 2012
agagamotor
Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by blixxman: 3:00am On Jul 26, 2012
blixxman: agagamotor

1 Like

Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by victor2020(m): 11:25am On Jul 26, 2012
that's nice... av learned many new things from those discussions...

Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by gbodieben: 7:18am On Jul 29, 2012
ge the car diagnosis, service engine soon indicates a fault code
Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by beey2(m): 10:39am On Aug 14, 2012
Pls somebody help,I drive Honda Accord. I just service d car and still showing oil(the oil light on d dash board is still flashing). What necessary thing am I suppose to do? I AppreciAte ur kind. Advice.
Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by Jonwesley(m): 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ikenna351:

Engines are meant to be rebuilt, not replaced, hence, OEM & aftermarket.

That you cant source for original engine parts and having a knowlegeable mechanic that can rebuild an engine to factory, doesnt mean engines are not meant to be rebuilt. Engines are rebuild to run like new, unlike the used engines (tokunbo) which you do not know how the original user used it.

What everyone should be asking is the cause of engine failure or blue smoke from the car tail, which comes down to us, as the root cause, in most cases. How do I mean:

1. Run-in period, unless stated in the owners manual that the engine has been broken in before purchase (Ignorance)
2. Lack of interest in keeping our vehicles in good shape (Maintenance culture)
3. Bad driving style (Ignorance)
4. Bad/wrong engine oil
5. Removal and use of engine without the cooling system thermostat
6. Use of water only for the cooling system.
7. Constant spinning of radiator electric cooling fan(s) (Altering the factory connection).
8. Revving of engine at cold start
9. etc.

I wished I have time to explain what I listed above. If you dont know how you contribute in killing your engine, that means you will keep replacing or rebuilding your vehicle engine, over and over again. A vehicle that has been used outside the country for 15 - 20 years, by your fellow human being, as soon as it enters Nigerian shore, the engine dies within 2 - 3 years. Ever bothered to ask your self why.

I will prefer a 10-15 years old car, used in the western world, than buy a used Brand new 3 years old car used in Nigeria. Why? 98 percent of vehicles bought brand new in Nigeria suffer lack of running in period, which reduces life-span of an engine, big time.

Ikenna.

Ikenna! Do u know what? I really enjoyed ur write up. I just changed my peugeot 406 old model engine when i noticed on my car some of the signs u earlier mentioned. In my case the smoke was dark, but my engine oil level was never ok then. Just drying all the time. I gambled with the engine replacement since i was not sure of the state of the Tokunbo engine and it appears i ve got a brand tokunbo car.The engine started with all the things it came with, not even a plug was changed, except that new engine oil that was added. But i'm at a loss now as to why my temperature is always increasing beyond 90. When ever it happens like this, it's most likely the water level in the radiator has gone down which i will have to fill up back making it come down to normal temperature. But shortly after some days, the rise in temperature and water loss will happen again. Most annoying is that there is no where that i see water leaking. Pls can u help me with what to do about this? I wld be pleased to get ur tips on dis again. Thanks.

Hello others!kindly help me out good spirited Nairalanders. I'm grateful.

1 Like

Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by passionup: 5:14am On Aug 22, 2012
hello inspired, i want to now the price for a Toyota Hiace 1997-1999 14 seater and 18 seater, full option and with custom papaers. if you can help today, that will be so good. Thanks
Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by ShipLegacy(m): 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CnnTuELMFg&noredirect=1

OFFICE HOURS M-F 9AM-5PM (GEORGIA TIME)
FRANK AZIZ 912-826-0265 (OFFICE PHONE)
SHIPLEGACYSAVANNAH@GMAIL.COM(FRANK AZIZ BOOKINGS)
SHIPLEGACYSAVANNAHSTENCIL@GMAIL.COM (STEVEN STENCIL ADVERTISING/MARKETING)
********NO BB PIN (we do not use blackberry's********
https://twitter.com/LegacyShipping
http://www.facebook.com/LegacyShippingRinconGA
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/edit?trk=hb_tab_pro_top

Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by MARENDAH(m): 3:23pm On Aug 30, 2012
I need a volkswagen T4 Long charses
Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by composites: 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2012
Hi Nairalanders. I want to go for peougot 406 but am getting discouraged abou the auto type. please share your experience with me.
Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by bigx(m): 2:45pm On Sep 08, 2012
composites: Hi Nairalanders. I want to go for peougot 406 but am getting discouraged abou the auto type. please share your experience with me.

There's a dedicated Peugot community at www.nairaland.com/1003701/peugeot-thread-peugeot-community

Re: Auto Discussion Forum Section Now Active by vivbaz: 3:58am On Sep 14, 2012
Hello Naira land,

I'm looking to go into the transportation business ( yeah! Call me Jonny just come for now) and need the right contacts to make it happen. Also looking to source very good used dump trucks for clients in the process and need contact with exporters in Europe? Looking to ship 2 trucks but don't have any firm links/ company who may be keen to lease it yet. Where do you source reliable drivers from? Are there any reliable clearing agents who I can do business with? Would really appreciate any help at all.

Viv

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Went To Contonou To Get My 2006 Toyota Avalon Xl / Golf 3 For Sale / POWERBIKES ! ! For Sale (More pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.