Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Does This Company Exist Or They Are Scammers? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Does This Company Exist Or They Are Scammers? (1392 Views)

Does This Happen In Your Place Of Work Too? / Please Who Knows About This Company "Statoil Company In Uk" They Are Inviting Me / Etpconsult: Scammers Or Real ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does This Company Exist Or They Are Scammers? by detrfcj: 11:55pm On Nov 25, 2007
HI FELLOW NAIRALANDERS, I GOT A LETTER OF NOTIFICATION FROM THE COMPANY WHO'S NAME IS MENTIONED BELOW. I HAVCE TPPED OUT THE DETAILS OF THE LETTERAS SHOWN BELOW. DID ANYONE RECEIVE SUCH LETTER? WOULD APPRECIATE REPLIES THAT WOULD ASSIST ME LOOK BEFORE I LEAP. THANKS IN ADVANCE. MY EMAIL ADDY IS philemmany_slap@yahoo.com

SPILLE OIL & GAS SERVICES
PLOT 101 AMADI CREEK. TRANS AMADI INDUSTRIAL LAYOUT, P.O.BOX 11175. PORT HARCOURT, RIVRES STATE, NIGERIA.

October 5, 2007.

………………………………,
………………………………,
………………………………,

Dear,
OODIAH EMMANUEL ENAHORO
RE: APPLICATION FOR JOB.

We refer to your graduate trainee application to our company and now have the pleasure to inform you and congratulate you on your successful selection.

Your assigned reference number is GTR/ FE/227A
You are to quote this number whenever you are requested to do so by the company.

A one-week training programme with an interview will commence, on a date to be communicated to you, in three cities across Nigeria namely:
LAGOS, PORT HARCOURT AND ABUJA.
The company shall only be responsible for your accommodation during this period.

In line with company’s policy in maintenance of standard due verifications and confirmations of qualifications are always carried out by our consultancy firms.

In view of the foregoing logistics, each applicant is to supplement the aggregate overheads with a payment of NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY NAIRA (#950.00) ONLY.
This is made using the following details:
Bank: GUARANTY TRUST BANK.
Account Name: SPILLE OIL & GAS SERVICES.
Account Number: 5016365514110.

Ensure your name is written as in your application while making the payment and forward details of payment to: spille_oilgas@yahoo.co.uk

Yours faithfully,
For: SPILLE OIL & GAS SERVICES.
…………………….
Linda Olufemi (Mrs)
HR Dept. Nigeria.

SPILLE OIL & GAS SERVICES
Directors: A.B. Clerk (Chairman), Alexander Solberg (American), Richard Parker (Canadian), Ibrahim Ahmed (Egytian), Campbell Brown, Pro. Afolabi Lukeman, Maj. Gen. (Rtd) Idris Adama.
Re: Does This Company Exist Or They Are Scammers? by freelancer(m): 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2007
hi detrfcj

I can't say that i know anything about that company, but its kind of funny that a "company" will be using yahoo.co.uk as its official e-mail address! I also find it strange that a company that wants to employ you will be asking you to pay for its logistics! I personally doubt its for real. Take care and best of luck.
Re: Does This Company Exist Or They Are Scammers? by tflow: 2:08pm On Nov 27, 2007
hey i think freelancer is right. please disregard the application. from my point of view, this aint right. stay out of it. later dude
Re: Does This Company Exist Or They Are Scammers? by kuul: 11:55am On Nov 28, 2007
Poor me, i have already fallen to this scam. giving away money that i do not have.poor me. i should have listened to high landers.
Re: Does This Company Exist Or They Are Scammers? by maddock(m): 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2007
This is 419 of the highest order,no company ask you to pay for logistic .It is even the other way round for them to either pay recruitment companies to recruit for them or them giving money to applicants that came from afar.Be wary of companies that have yahoo.com as their officail email address.I rest my case.
Re: Does This Company Exist Or They Are Scammers? by teena(f): 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2007
Real Scam!
Sorry dear, at least this has opened your eyes now.
May God grant you your desired job soon, amen.
Re: Does This Company Exist Or They Are Scammers? by fredie(f): 11:54am On Dec 13, 2007
Don't even hesitate to delete the message from your box. Notice the names and countries of the directors? this is to make sure you are impressed. Please disregard this appointment. Its another form of yahooszie. I have recieved such but not from the same people though.
Re: Does This Company Exist Or They Are Scammers? by Demsy(m): 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2007
My brother, I keep getting related mails in my box.

They are all scammers. Avoid them. I am very sure you never applied to the said company. They only sent you a mail. That is the work of someone sitting in the corner of a cafe and playing on your intelligence.

Take care friend!

(1) (Reply)

Masters Studies In Biochemistry / Is Joint Professionals Training & Support Int'l Certificate Genuine In Nigeria? / Make Career In India By Studying Over There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.