Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem (2833 Views)

What Can U Guys Say About This Nissan? Can I Buy It? / Urgent! Pls Help Me Analyse This Scan Results Plss (pix) / Pls Help Me With Suggestions On This Nissan Xterra Transmission Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem by Bobbyendy: 10:25am On Jun 15, 2012
Greetings my fellow nairalanders, I went out yesterday with my nissan altima 2006 model, when it was time 2get back home d car could nt move It only start but cannot move no matter d amount of acceleration since it was late I left it there so this morning I took a mechanic there and uptill now he can't still figure out the problem..- will appreciate your contributions pls..
Re: Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem by bros856: 11:55am On Jun 15, 2012
Did you change your gear box oil before it happen, Stop the mechanic please before you loss that car. If a car is not moving means the gear is not engaged so call any Nissan office let them use their diagnostic machine to check your gear box memory. Two things are involve it's either there is error to be cleared with a machine or the gear box fiber is burnt or you have to change the gear oil. Nissan is the best car to drive in Nigeria because of it durability but need the right person to service it. May be a bad gear oil. Loss the gear box bottom som and drain out the oil buy Nissan gear box oil and replace then start the car n keep steaming for 30mins. Make sure you buy oil from Nissan Dealer. If still not moving, call Nissan office get a mechanic to use the machine and cleared error if still not working, drop gear box and call for a good gear box mechanic to change the fibre. Mount it back and buy same nissan oil gauge it and keep engine steaming for one hour. Then try to move it. All this is my experience with Nissan cars. I hope my tips helps you out. I wish you lucky.
Re: Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem by bigx(m): 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2012
Bobbyendy: Greetings my fellow nairalanders, I went out yesterday with my nissan altima 2006 model, when it was time 2get back home d car could nt move It only start but cannot move no matter d amount of acceleration since it was late I left it there so this morning I took a mechanic there and uptill now he can't still figure out the problem..- will appreciate your contributions pls..

Is it manual or auto transmission?
Re: Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem by Bobbyendy: 12:29pm On Jun 15, 2012
bros856: Did you change your gear box oil before it happen, Stop the mechanic please before you loss that car. If a car is not moving means the gear is not engaged so call any Nissan office let them use their diagnostic machine to check your gear box memory. Two things are involve it's either there is error to be cleared with a machine or the gear box fiber is burnt or you have to change the gear oil. Nissan is the best car to drive in Nigeria because of it durability but need the right person to service it. May be a bad gear oil. Loss the gear box bottom som and drain out the oil buy Nissan gear box oil and replace then start the car n keep steaming for 30mins. Make sure you buy oil from Nissan Dealer. If still not moving, call Nissan office get a mechanic to use the machine and cleared error if still not working, drop gear box and call for a good gear box mechanic to change the fibre. Mount it back and buy same nissan oil gauge it and keep engine steaming for one hour. Then try to move it. All this is my experience with Nissan cars. I hope my tips helps you out. I wish you lucky.
Thanks so much for this exposure, we hv towed d car to his workshop and he was suggesting dat the gear box be dropped..pls can mobile oil be used? I was told nissan oil will cost up to 35k..
Re: Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem by Bobbyendy: 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2012
bigx:

Is it manual or auto transmission?
Its Auto
Re: Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 15, 2012
u should scan the car before allowing the mechanic drop the tranny.

Most of the guys have no idea of aut transmission
Re: Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem by scanthecar: 8:52am On Jun 16, 2012
I'd suggest you either tow that car out of his workshop or he gets a professional scanner to scan the car before embarking on repairs. By the way, are you in Lagos? if yes, which part of Lagos.
Re: Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem by cretin: 11:04am On Jun 16, 2012
buy nissan oil!!./nissan is very choosy, when it comes to oil??..wch one is mobil oil?.........thats engine oil..its quite diff from gearbox oil..nissan oil is btw 10 to 20k...buy original..using a wrong oil will mark the end of that ur car
Re: Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem by sultaan(m): 5:58am On Jun 19, 2012
Taking the car to a mechanic before you knew what was wrong is not a good idea.

First go to Altima forum and search for that symptom or google it.

If there is a warning scan the car, under no condition should a mechanic pull his wrench on your car without scanning first, get a new mechanic.

when you figure out what is wrong call Nisspart (user name) he sells Nissan parts and knows more than your mechanic at this point.

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/2002-2006-nissan-altima-discussion-2-5-3-5/283963-auto-tranny-dtc-check-w-o-scanner.html
Re: Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem by FindOut(m): 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2012
I can safely assume ur altima (2006) comes with d CVT transmission found in murano & some latter 6th gen maxima. Yes, the CVT fluid is expensive, but use another one & u may as well start saving up for a new gearbox ( very very very expensive) very soon.

Like earlier poster said, look for ''Nissparts'' on this forum & contact him. He'll be of help to u.

& please update this thread as regards d current situation of the vehicle.

Best of luck.
Re: Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2012
Like most people said give your car a scan...I had a similar problem on my camry but more of a minor issue. Car starts and idles but won't rev or accelerate. Lucky for me it was the throttle fude dat got burnt. Am sure u hv a check engine light on? Give it a scan 1st
Re: Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem by nosmas: 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2012
Find Out!:
I can safely assume ur altima (2006) comes with d CVT transmission found in murano & some latter 6th gen maxima. Yes, the CVT fluid is expensive, but use another one & u may as well start saving up for a new gearbox ( very very very expensive) very soon.

Like earlier poster said, look for ''Nissparts'' on this forum & contact him. He'll be of help to u.

Best of luck.
Find Out!:

Best of luck.
Find Out!:

Best of luck.
abeg if there is an expert for nissan call Nissparts, Do we have Acuparts for Acura?
Re: Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem by Dinobenson: 6:43am On Aug 19, 2013
bros856: Did you change your gear box oil before it happen, Stop the mechanic please before you loss that car. If a car is not moving means the gear is not engaged so call any Nissan office let them use their diagnostic machine to check your gear box memory. Two things are involve it's either there is error to be cleared with a machine or the gear box fiber is burnt or you have to change the gear oil.
i got almost similar problem,but in my case,i gave my car to a friend.it's like something pull out the gear box/transmission oil supply pipe under the car.so,almost all the oil leaked out.that caused the car not to move.pls what can i do to salvage this?
Re: Pls Help Me Analyse This Nissan Problem by cardoctor(m): 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
Dinobenson: i got almost similar problem,but in my case,i gave my car to a friend.it's like something pull out the gear box/transmission oil supply pipe under the car.so,almost all the oil leaked out.that caused the car not to move.pls what can i do to salvage this?

This would require a physical examination of the engine bay as well as its underneath.

Pls get your mechanic to have a look and identify any location where oil may be leaking from.

Car-Doctor.

(1) (Reply)

Help: Honda Crv 2007-2011 / Should I Buy The Audi Q7 (2007-2009)? / Effect Of Benzene Emitted From Car AC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.