Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? (11828 Views)

If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding..... / Real Reasons Women Add Weight After Wedding / Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by odeexpress(m): 11:20am On Jun 15, 2012
I have seen several men made concerted efforts to impress their women before they marry. But after the wedding, I have observed that most men reduce their efforts and commitment. Is it normal? What could be responsible?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Freiburger(m): 8:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
Because expectations from the men are set too high.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by coogar: 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2012
odeexpress: I have seen several men made concerted efforts to impress their women before they marry. But after the wedding, I have observed that most men reduce their efforts and commitment. Is it normal? What could be responsible?

boredom....people crave for what they don't have....and
get bored of what they have acquired. eating the same brand
of bread everyday can be tedious.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by 2goodbobo(m): 4:22am On Jun 27, 2012
Complacency and Law of diminishing returns are the two basic factors i think is responsible.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Afam4eva(m): 6:57am On Jun 27, 2012
It's really not about boredom like someone put it. Rather it's like a trophy. This behaviour can be likened to a team that plays really had to win the world and after they've achieved that, you don't see them training everyday.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by odeexpress(m): 8:21am On Jun 27, 2012
afam4eva: It's really not about boredom like someone put it. Rather it's like a trophy. This behaviour can be likened to a team that plays really had to win the world and after they've achieved that, you don't see them training everyday.

I love ur description. Maybe the training during the process of 'preparation for the tournament' was so tedious. grin
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by superior1: 9:07am On Jun 27, 2012
Because his eyes don c wetin e dey look for
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by solayemi(m): 9:12am On Jun 27, 2012
they exert so much energy into dating and courtship,so when married it is mission accomplished.
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by inspirenet: 9:13am On Jun 27, 2012
coogar:

boredom....people crave for what they don't have....and
get bored of what they have acquired. eating the same brand
of bread everyday can be tedious.
smiley
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:13am On Jun 27, 2012
Not normal but most women also reduce their efforts in impressing the mean after wedding. They start giving silly excuses why they cant cook, have sex, most of the time compared to the pre-wedding.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by born2boink(m): 9:13am On Jun 27, 2012
It happens to everything, the same goes for house, car , cloths and you could even turn your 50k shoe to slippers, something you cherish as Gold before buying it.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by 2good(m): 9:13am On Jun 27, 2012
odeexpress: I have seen several men made concerted efforts to impress their women before they marry. But after the wedding, I have observed that most men reduce their efforts and commitment. Is it normal? What could be responsible?

Women enter into marriage with so much fantasies and men discover that they cannot live up to such fantasies all their life after marriage, so they adjust to a level that will make them have some personal gratification.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 27, 2012
Because we didn't know any better of what we were getting ourselves into before marriage. After wedding and over time, we realize this institution(marriage) is inherently bias, provides a great deal of benefits for women at the expense of men. Besides, most men though they will never tell this, are unhappy in their marriages and feel they being held hostage against their will.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Copiousworld: 9:19am On Jun 27, 2012
Situation varies, maybe the wife stop caring for herself and doing those warmhearted things she use to do b4 marriage thinking she is already "IN" so nothing to worry much about. This attitude certainly will put the man in a state of stagnancy when expectations diminishes.
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by younge1(m): 9:23am On Jun 27, 2012
2goodbobo: Complacency and Law of diminishing returns are the two basic factors i think is responsible.
[img]
2goodbobo: Complacency and Law of diminishing returns are the two basic factors i think is responsible.
[/img]
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 27, 2012

Lmao @ law of diminishing returns. . . .as in you look at your wife and feel like you wasted your money marrying her ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by folowo(m): 9:25am On Jun 27, 2012
May be money is no more flowing in as it used to be and our woman too should not stop praying for their hubby
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by sayso: 9:27am On Jun 27, 2012
it works on both sides.
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by redcliff: 9:28am On Jun 27, 2012
superior1: Because his eyes don c wetin e dey look for

Puss grin
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by justifeany: 9:38am On Jun 27, 2012
Some Ladies demand soooooooooooooooo much from their man before marriage. I mean, they put them to crazy test and stretch their would-be man beyond the limits in the name of making sure he is right. By the time the man might have passed the test, he will be drained completely and he would want to rest from the strenuous test. That is why they reduce their commitment after marriage. Trust me, this is what happens.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:40am On Jun 27, 2012
The chase is more interesting than the catch. . . .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by TechRev: 9:42am On Jun 27, 2012
@OP, it depends on what you mean by commitment. A man may use up his resources (love, money, emotions) to woo the wife to be. Once he is married to her, those resources need to be diverted to building a strong and as secure home as he can (especially if not a silver spoon man). He has to channel them to ensure that the family doesnt suffer in the long run. At least that's what is happening to me, and i made sure my wife understands that. Eg i reduced frequency of taking her out and buying new wares and gifts cause the money has to be channeled to new investments to secure our future and that of our kid(s) God willing. Many women dont understand this though and initially my wife didnt till i painted the picture for her. Women love pictures so if you paint it for her she wont say you reduced commitment.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Samito247(m): 9:45am On Jun 27, 2012
I think they simple reduced their commitment into bits dat should last 4 a life time...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Maxdiamond(m): 9:46am On Jun 27, 2012
It's always like dat b/cos most women feel that when they are married all the responsibilities now goes 2 d men..they start telling the man i need this and i need that without remembering that money is hard to get.so the man in question might want 2 reduce the way and often the wife talk abt this items & goodies by acting in a strange way and manner so that d wife wldn't b able to ask for the items n goodies n by so doing,there will b problems in the house n making it nt functioning as expected b4 marriage.2 make a marriage work 4 d better,the woman must learn to work and take care of so tins in the house not dat she wld jst base all her needs or family needs on her husband.she must be ready to assist the family when the need arises bt nt jst in terms of cuking,washing etc bt in term of serious issues dat need serious intervention.thanks.that's my point.i am max'diamond.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by George3464: 9:46am On Jun 27, 2012
Marriage is like a seed planted by men but it takes d elfort of a woman to water it and make it grow,but most women are very careless about dis. All because they we take d man 4 granted dress any any,no more respect 4 d man and dey we shift all their love to d children.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by free2ryhme: 9:50am On Jun 27, 2012
well both spouse have a lifetime of experience to share together so there is no rush rush to impress...
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by stillme(m): 9:51am On Jun 27, 2012
Because most men sees their wives as intimacy gadget not as friends

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by ifihearam: 9:51am On Jun 27, 2012
Complacency and the law of diminishing return.

Hmmmmm I fink I agree with you here
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by honeric01(m): 9:55am On Jun 27, 2012
Another angle can be likened to getting disappointed especially if you were the type that didn't see "your trophy" well enough before getting married to her.. seeing the "real deal" ends up causing disappointment and silent anger like you wasted all your time chasing a "physical shaft".

During courtship = she was always putting on "pretense" and armor

After marriage = You end up sad and angry after seeing the real deal without "pretense" and armor

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Rahmatuparker: 9:55am On Jun 27, 2012
D luv after marriage will only increase if dey r concious of themselves, xpecially d woman. If she take care of herself very well n give d man wat he needs @ home, they will be no need for him to luk outside.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make Your Home More Beautiful With Our "pandemic season" Promo / Fairy Tales Our Grand Parents Told Us / How Can I 'warm' My 'akara'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.