Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (202321 Views)

I Need Deeper Life Bible -gospel Hymns CD / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by lilykevwe(f): 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2007
my name is lydia, i was born in deeper life, but i had to leave early this year cuz i was never happy worshiping there, my heart was never there, i went because i had to go, and in a ashort time i have learnt a lot, which i willnever learn if i spend the next 100 years there, i have never had a relationship with God, but now i have been able to build one, there are a lot of this leaders in deeper life need to learn, the human consists of the soul spirit and body, deeper lifers are only concerned with the spirit, which is not supposed to be so. so i think it has to do with your conviction.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by MasterUwem(m): 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2007
search ur self what made u left deeper life
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by lilykevwe(f): 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2007
MasterUwem:

search your self what made u left deeper life
oh so u attend deeperlife sad i feel very sorry for you
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by na2day2(m): 6:17am On Dec 24, 2007
i am kinda surprised that i missed this thread. i attended deeper life for most of my life and i still do wen ever i get the chance to. u wont really appreciate the church until u have left nigeria and see wat the rest of the world offers, then u get jaws dropping and u almost think all nigerians are heading to heaven. living in the usa is far from easy for any true christian, they are so anti God and Jesus, always trying to prove one thing or the other abt Jesus as false, but wat i have learnt in deeper life has helped me seriously even wen i go astray or going the wrong direction, i remember all i was taught and i am quick to make amends. i will never regret attending deeper life, i still download kumuyi's messages online from the church's website www.dclm.org and i attend the church once in a while even though it is very far from my neighborhood . i have attended my churches in my life time, helped during my NYSC days with NCCF to establish or strengthen village churches and i have seen great things but NEVER SEEN another church like deeper life. if u go to church and look at members or just listen to whoever preaching without verifying from the bible, then na u find trouble. wearing earrings, i dont see it as sin but if u fight to wear it that bad, then it because sin because u r beginning to make it a God in ur life. most of the things we call fun, are the very things that have caused us so much pain in the world today. i still strongly believe, that our great grand parents are better believers today than our generation. if u have to put on earrings, tons of make-up and perm ur hair b4 u feel u r beautiful, then u must be a very ugly person. as for those that say deeper life members look down on other christians, that might be true in some cases but i have also observed how quick other churches/members look down on deeper life members. in both situations, that is not a christian attitude. just my 2 cents to this thread.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by seunspice(m): 8:27pm On Jan 05, 2008
i really dont think it is a good thing to condemn anyone, be it from or outside the deeper life point of view, i have been attending the church for over 2 decades. and i do not think i would find it easy to leave despite several attempts to. i feel like fish out of water whenever i go somewhere else. i honestly find the use of drums and other loud musical instruments ludicrous in Church.
My believe is the church tries to stick to the old time religion, christianity as it was in the days after the ascension of Jesus is not the same way today. I was shocked when i read that all but one of all Jesus' disciples and apostles died violent deaths, likewise many other missionaries, pastors and christians of the last few hundred years. if one aims to get to the heaven those folks went to i think there is a need for a great self denial and sacrifice. one wont get killed now cause of the civilization, but when i read my bible and hear Jesus comment that ', the world would hate you cause they hated me first, ' i think Deeper life is the closest to the realization of this for me as at now.
In conclusion, we would all know the truth if we seek it. the Bible is there for us all to read and benefit from. what i do now is take a look at it and discard whatever is preached and is not there, and hold on to whatever is preached and i can see it in the Bible. I believe that would help us all a lot. Getting to heaven is not an easy task, if you see it as the main purpose of your christianity. God bless you all.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by na2day2(m): 11:23pm On Jan 05, 2008
why u no bi girl, i for marry u sharp sharp grin grin grin

seunspice:

i really don't think it is a good thing to condemn anyone, be it from or outside the deeper life point of view, i have been attending the church for over 2 decades. and i do not think i would find it easy to leave despite several attempts to. i feel like fish out of water whenever i go somewhere else. i honestly find the use of drums and other loud musical instruments ludicrous in Church.
My believe is the church tries to stick to the old time religion, christianity as it was in the days after the ascension of Jesus is not the same way today. I was shocked when i read that all but one of all Jesus' disciples and apostles died violent deaths, likewise many other missionaries, pastors and christians of the last few hundred years. if one aims to get to the heaven those folks went to i think there is a need for a great self denial and sacrifice. one wont get killed now cause of the civilization, but when i read my bible and hear Jesus comment that ', the world would hate you cause they hated me first, ' i think Deeper life is the closest to the realization of this for me as at now.
In conclusion, we would all know the truth if we seek it. the Bible is there for us all to read and benefit from. what i do now is take a look at it and discard whatever is preached and is not there, and hold on to whatever is preached and i can see it in the Bible. I believe that would help us all a lot. Getting to heaven is not an easy task, if you see it as the main purpose of your christianity. God bless you all.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by funmise(f): 3:29am On Jan 13, 2008
D deeperlife in Uk is nt like the one in Nigeria. It's quite different and nt as rigid as d one in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by osisi5: 3:32am On Jan 13, 2008
says who?
I attended one in stratford,there was no difference between it and the ones in naija
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by joshjosh(m): 3:36am On Jan 13, 2008
stratford london u mean?

the devil  has brought his prada out again.  nigerians more loyal to some of these misguided churches than Christ and His church.

you guys have no better thing to do than to argue about how big your choir and make up budget is.

heaven will surprice many of you church going folks and hell will rejoice most of you spent a life time deceiving yourselves.  enjoy your sins and shallow worship brethren while it last.

o what a weeping and wailing the old hymn says. 
when the lost were told of their faith
they cried but their tears was too late

restless sinner that we all are
master Jesus is calling everyone of us to cross

for the way of the cross leads home

this is not your home brethren
your church is not your home
travel lightly

don't buy these cheap religion it is expensive

you may know the whole doctrines now yet don't have love
one day you will see it profits nothing

even the blind know there is something wrong with many thing we call Christianity in Nigeria

God is not present in most churches so you guys stop fighting start looking for God. 

know God for youself.  this religion that cost you nothing is expensive religion
i know you love it.  it makes youi feel good 
why would a thing that God is not in make you feel good?

what do you do for the kingdom of God? i didn't ask your church.
the kingdom of God is bigger than your church and pastor

what shall it profit you?
i mean if you gained the whole world
and loose your own soul?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by na2day2(m): 7:48am On Jan 13, 2008
WORD! ! !

joshjosh:

stratford london u mean?

the devil has brought his prada out again. nigerians more loyal to some of these misguided churches than Christ and His church.

you guys have no better thing to do than to argue about how big your choir and make up budget is.

heaven will surprice many of you church going folks and hell will rejoice most of you spent a life time deceiving yourselves. enjoy your sins and shallow worship brethren while it last.

o what a weeping and wailing the old hymn says.
when the lost were told of their faith
they cried but their tears was too late

restless sinner that we all are
master Jesus is calling everyone of us to cross

for the way of the cross leads home

this is not your home brethren
your church is not your home
travel lightly

don't buy these cheap religion it is expensive

you may know the whole doctrines now yet don't have love
one day you will see it profits nothing

even the blind know there is something wrong with many thing we call Christianity in Nigeria

God is not present in most churches so you guys stop fighting start looking for God.

know God for youself. this religion that cost you nothing is expensive religion
i know you love it. it makes youi feel good
why would a thing that God is not in make you feel good?

what do you do for the kingdom of God? i didn't ask your church.
the kingdom of God is bigger than your church and pastor

what shall it profit you?
i mean if you gained the whole world
and loose your own soul?

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by kachariJT: 1:26am On Jan 21, 2008
[size=8pt][/size]
All needed is is to follow the scriptures. We shall be judged by the scriptures.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by holythug(m): 8:06am On Feb 02, 2008
its crap
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by holythug(m): 8:09am On Feb 02, 2008
its crap
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 21, 2008
nawa for you oo!!! am a deeper life member and i quote " WF Kumuyi has neva asked deeper life members to throw away their televisions" instead, he adviced against it because of some programmes they show.
so miss i too know where are you getting your infomation and again, its wear wat you like EXCEPT trousers and mini skirts and also, deodurants are allowed.
plsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!! watch wat you say and be careful b4 u put yourself in trouble wit God.
cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 21, 2008
hello lydia, i agree wit u abt things some of the pastors need to learn.
also, i think deeper life is for some pple, i mean those who can understand them and look deep into it. i for one, enjoy Monday Bible Study only.
And they do talk abt the body, soul and spirit.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by tampriye(f): 11:47pm On Mar 15, 2008
Hey guys,
I really agree with what Funmise said, and I'll be very glad to repeat it again. "Deeper Life does not impose their doctrines on anybody". You can be in the church and wear earrings or perm your hair or whatever as far as you are genuinely born again. I think if you are really serious with your Christianity and if God wants you to put away all those things like perming etc, he would simply put it as a burden in your heart or make you to loose interest in such things. Someone said that Christ replaced the ten commandments. The old testament was finished in 90AD. If Christ replaced it , then exodus or the ten commandments would not be added to the Bible.
I think that every youth should read the Bible and serve God in truth and in Spirit. When you do this,  I assure you that God would reveal himself to you totally, tell you what you should do and what you should not do. With that you would be able to make it to heaven which is every true Christian's sole wish.  smiley
The church is simply there to help you. If you feel that you are not satisfied with a church like deeper life's rules, then you should probably devote yourself  totally to God so that he can give you his rules as pastor's like Kumuyi have done.
One mor thing, please do not discriminate any church no matter what they believe as far as they call on Jesus. Only Christ has the right to judge a church just as you cannot judge another man's wife. If you don't accept what a church does, correct that thing on its own. Don't judge the church as a whole. grin[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by jokepearl(f): 3:39am On Mar 16, 2008
I remember going to deeper live as a child (I was about 8 or 9) for a program, and a man spoke to me about why it was wrong to use perfume and wear ready made (to a 8/9 yr old imagine) even then as a child i was wondering what that has to do with Christ and God. I asked him why then did Mary pour perfume on Jesus leg. Its funny I still remember this but even at that tender age an opinion was formed and ,

But recently i met a lady from DLBC, and she was actually nice to me didn't condemn me and accepted i was a Christian even with my different appearance from hers, and i wonder why most are not like her. I learnt a lot from during my short stay with and actually followed to church,

Maybe if members are more patient and less condemning more youth will listen to the message they have.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by tampriye(f): 3:54am On Mar 16, 2008
Yeah, I personally don't think that it is wrong to wear perfumes and ready mades. But, if you keep on looking at the leaders, I think you would be distracted from the main theme which is going to heaven. We should only look up unto Jesus which is the author and finisher of our faith. I agree that the leaders contribute immensely to the church but we should not concentrate on them. Remember, they are not impeccable because they are human beings and remember that some of the religious leaders were hypocrites. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Rotiny: 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2008
I am presently attending a deeper life bible church. We should not deceive ourselves, the lives of deeper life members are not better that most other christians from other denominations. I like their message especially the messages of Baba Kumuyi, they are raw words of God but I thing deeper life has taken some of their traditions (which are not bad anyway) above God's requirement in that people now observe deeper life's laws and tradition other than God's. I enjoy their service and I still prefer the church to other churches at my present location (not that other churches are not good, but preference) but my observation is that getting to know a deeper life member's life closely, you will discover that they are hypocrites and are not better that other christians, they make things hard for themselves unnecessarily, although not too bad but imposing it as a general rule of the church is what I frown at. They themselves dont't keep these laws in their private lives but outside they look "deeper" in fear of the pasor or the General Overseer, God knows what is going to happen when Baba goes to rest with the Lord. The rate of fornication, adultary, lying, malice, envy, wickedness etc in deeper life is not so much different from other churches, so WHY THE UNNECESSARY LAWS AND RESTRICTIONS WHEN DESPITE IT ONLY THE OUTWARD MAN IS SEEN HOLY AND THE INWARD MAN REMAINS THE SAME.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Backslider(m): 4:09pm On Apr 12, 2008
The standard of holiness and righteousness is not a deeperlife thing the fact is that God is using the obedience of the Holy and righteous men and women in deeperlife to counter the forces of hell.

This people should now know that they that know their God will perform exploit. Men and women that are holy in deeper should know that there are not alone. There are so many remnant and they are ready to be slaughtered in the battle of Holiness.

Pure and holy men in deeper strengthen yourselves the more disconnect yourselves the more from the world it is becoming more deceptive. even the pastors of the devil say we are to claim the world.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by adetunrayo(f): 5:08pm On May 23, 2008
I we deep a little Deeper,Jesus love must be deeper I will deep a little deeper every day I remember those songs we use to sing in Deeper Life.

The church is a nice church.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by detruth: 12:03pm On May 24, 2008
If you ask me why difference in every Church, then I will ask you why difference in every Food.
Either you are from Deeper Life, RCCG (Classical or Model Parish), Winners, LoveWorld, Methodist, Anglican etc.
Just like food, you better eat the one that will not trouble you afterwards.
Many will be surprised on the last day, when you see who goes to hell and who gose to paradise. Man is not justified by Church, he is justified by his faith. Let every man fight for the survival of his own soul.

If I may ask someone; What is even Holiness? Is it with respect to the appearance of the physical body or the state of being of the total-man?
I so much believe that "Holiness" is the state of God. Without any prejudice to any particular Church or a man of God,
I see holiness as the way of God, rather than the ways of man. I see it as the quality of the inner man, that overflows to the external.
There are many with the inside that are too dirty compare to their outside.
Scriptures makes us understands that there is no one as holy physically as the Pharisees, but listen to what Jesus said about them;
Matt 23:26-28
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. KJV

I believe Holiness can never be achived from "dos an don'ts" rule. It only tends to hypocrity (i.e. what you do only when poeple are around). That is why the contributions of many on this thread is far from what they practice. Holiness is what you practise even when nobody is watching you. Maybe you can tell me who guides God in order for Him to be Holy?
I love the prophesy about holiness when Zacharias (the father of John) was filled with the Holy Ghost;

Luke 1:72-75
To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life
. KJV

If you have the Holy Spirit indeed, then you need no one again to instruct you about "what and what not" rules.
except the Holy Spirit in them different? Holiness is never by fear!
The truth is that there is a part of God in every man that make it impossible for him to deny the awareness that he errs no matter how much he wants to ignore it. If the conscience can go as far as doing this, how much more will the Holy Spirit of God in a believer help him/her in living a holy life if indeed he/she is willing?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by wissy: 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2008
Please let us get dis very clear, dat church will not be there for u when u stand before the judgement throne, be it deeper life or any other church, every man will stand on its own to face God, so lets face reality.

we all have the bible which is the word of God to guide and direct us in our daily walk with God, u study it, live by it and stop unnecessary arguement.

People who run away do so because "the backsliders in heart seeks their own way",
the truth becomes bitter for them to taste, and such people needs our prayers.

So guys let us be serious with God because we are already at the end time, Jesus will come very soon and is only the ready ones will see Him

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by gentleemmy(m): 4:50pm On Nov 20, 2008
The simple answer is this, they have failed to get the difference between playing religion and having a personal relationship with God. If they know God experientially, commune with Him and He with them they would have realised that Deeper Life does not have a different Bible but uses The King James Version everyone has access to.

For those who talk about 'Deeper life doctrines' please I want to clearly state that we believe and teach the 22-Bible doctrines.

On 'Deeper Life laws' I don't think there is anything as such. We only apply the Bible to our daily living as the Spirit gives us grace.

In summary, I think we (Deeper Life) don't only focus on feeding the soul & spirit (as in preparation for heaven) alone, we also teach proper care of the body and peaceful inter-personal relationships. What more should a church teach apart from these?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by bongoman(m): 2:03am On Jan 19, 2009
[color=#990000][/color] sad
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by babaowambe: 10:55pm On Feb 09, 2009
Please always turn to Jesus in prayer and live according to the word of God, truly no one is perfect just be fully sincere in word and in deed towards man and God, correct the wayward, help the helpless, in short do unto others as you would like others to do unto you . fear God fear the king tell all about the gospel and lets stop unimportant debates about what someone did or about this church and that church etc. know one thing fellow believers and non believers one day we will all give account of all our deeds in secret or in the open good or bad will will all personally be responsible for what we have done in this life this life is short the thereafter is permanent heaven or hell i pray we all make the former not the latter may god bless you all.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by bunmii(f): 11:52am On Feb 20, 2009
I attend deeper life church everytime i am at my cousin's and it is a pretty good church, everything is so pure and everyone looks so innocence. Such a lovely church.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by pekmide(m): 8:57am On Apr 15, 2009
If a church will forbid you to marry God's choice for your life because of denominational differences, will you continue to attend that church?
Please answer a straight yes or no first, before making analysis!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by solosimple(m): 11:18am On Apr 15, 2009
"becos it's deeper life meaning their life is way too deep"
God demands a deep and consecrated life, but with "too deep", that means there are excesses.
Anyway, thank God for Kumuyi's life. Though Deeper life has some excesses, yet I'll rather do with them than to even come near a lot of denominations in Nigeria, where anything goes, where a man is worth hearing (NOT GOD), where the Gospel they preach is 95% prosperity, 5% whatever, where men' praise matters so much to the Pastor, where I have to live by another Spirit in a bottle(called ANOINTING OIL), where I will be manipulated for all kinds of giving, where the Pastor claims he has another REVELATION from god (NOT GOD) different from what's in the Bible,

Abegggg, I'll rather be too spirikoko than to company with liars. AMEN!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by akeenjames: 4:27pm On Apr 15, 2009
Youths run away from deeper life because they dont like hearing the truth they want to enjoy their youthful age, make terrible mistake in life and latter come back in some years back to look for a miracle working pastor who does not eat at all to see vision that their mother or mother inlaw is responsible for their problem and end it by praying magical prayer for them
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 15, 2009
@Solosimple. I like your replete post. That sure d reazon for most ppl abstaining from Deeper Life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.