Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,995 members, 7,799,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (202270 Views)

I Need Deeper Life Bible -gospel Hymns CD / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by solosimple(m): 4:44pm On Apr 15, 2009

Youths run away from deeper life because they dont like hearing the truth they want to enjoy their youthful age, make terrible mistake in life and latter come back in some years back to look for a miracle working pastor who does not eat at all to see vision that their mother or mother inlaw is responsible for their problem and end it by praying magical prayer for them

Sorry, I don't think Youth run around for miracles, that might only be correct about adult. For Youth, I think the problem is just worldliness and lustfulness whose cure is nothing but the unadulterated word of God Jm1:21
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by ilaugh1: 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2009
who told you they do?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by solosimple(m): 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2009
You can tell, guess u know more about them!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2009
I dey feel u solosimple. Nice replete.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by pekmide(m): 5:11pm On Apr 15, 2009
Well, when I first saw this thread and it's sister thread, it was my present challenge with me "deeper in-laws" that occupied my mind, But now I want to answer the question objectively.

The Problem of youth migration from the churches of the 60's and 80's is not peculiar to deeper life alone, Other Churches like The Apostolic Church, Christ Apostolic Church, Anglican and Methodist are also experiencing the same faith, While a lot of people have attributed this to wantonness on the part of the youth, I will like us to look at other perspectives.

To start with, I will have you recall or understand that every revival in Nigeria starts with the youth, When Faith Tabernacle was going to experience the revivals of the 40's, it was some youths who gathered to pray around the town called oke oye, then Apostle Babalola and Apostle Babatope were youths and God raised them to spear head this first revival, From this revivals, emerged the Aladura Churches which includes the white garments, the apostolic Church, Christ Apostolic Church and even the Gofamints, I stand to be corrected.

When these Churches Got to their last days, the scripture became true of them according to 2 timothy 3:1-7
2Ti 3:1 But be certain of this, that in the last days times of trouble will come.
2Ti 3:2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, uplifted in pride, given to bitter words, going against the authority of their fathers, never giving praise, having no religion,
2Ti 3:3 Without natural love, bitter haters, saying evil of others, violent and uncontrolled, hating all good,
2Ti 3:4 False to their friends, acting without thought, lifted up in mind, loving pleasure more than God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of religion, but turning their backs on the power of it: go not with these.
2Ti 3:6 For these are they who go secretly into houses, making prisoners of foolish women, weighted down with sin, turned from the way by their evil desires,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never coming to the knowledge of what is true.

I have to go now, but these scriptures became the characteristics of the churches that came out of the first revival and the youths emigrated en-mass, Pastor Ekundayomi who started RCCG, Pastor Kumuyi, Bro Paul Jinadu founder of New Covenant Church, among many other great men of God in Nigeria were part of this emigration, I stand to be corrected, But there was a strong wave of a new revival, especially the holiness movement,

Now what happened to the previous revival has become the fate of this 2nd revival, I have to go now, but I will show you the remaining trend when I come back,
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by pekmide(m): 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2009
Now, lets examine the scriptures and see how it affected the churches
1. Lovers of money will leave churches celebrating poverty and haggardness as holiness for churches preaching prosperity, No wonder the popularity of Archbishop Benson Idahosa, the first true preacher of the prosperity message in Nigeria.
2. Without Natural love, Today, in most of the first Generation churches, we only love the donors and we ignore their faults but we always find fault with the have nots,
3. Falsehood is another problem, when pastors claim to have attained what they have not attained, you can imagine situations where people give word from knowledge and there's no longer wonder of knowledge, e.g. "There's someone reading this post, he is a deeper lifer and he is in office", That's not a word of knowledge it's a word from assumption, you know!
4. Having a form of religion, we know try to sum up christianity into does and dont's forgetting that the gospel of christ is the power of God, that brings salvation, Where's the power not with the G.O. But in the church, yes, you are reading this and you are religious but do you know the reality of the power of God, I will leave any denomination that's so laden with does and don'ts but does not manifest the power of God in the life of the individuals attending the church,
5. Well, we can all interprete the rest, [size=14pt]I think I'm already boring myself, [/size].You can read or research the Nigerian Church History,

But this is what I'm driving at, we are in the last days and people will leave churches for different reasons that can be summarized into 3 categories,

1. The backslidders looking for independence from God will leave places of truth and power and Grace and go into places of permissions and wantonness
2. The legalist thinking that they can be justified by works will look for places where there is legalism and rigidity of the laws
3. The true seeker seeking an encounter with God will leave the company of backsliders and legalists seeking places of true expressions in worship where God can be found,
If you are in the 3rd category, I invite you to The Metamorphosis Church in Abuja, Latter Rain Assembly in Lagos, The Reformation Church in Lagos, Well, these are few assemblies that I know that don't compromise holiness as well as the Realities of the Power of God,

A new revival is coming, You Can Win By Righteousness,
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by solosimple(m): 9:02am On Apr 16, 2009
@Pekmide
See, it's good to recommend denominations to people, but I have little problem with the idea b'cos your recommendation will be based on your knowledge (what you count to be true and accurate) Don't you think a member of Olumba Olumba will also recommend his church to people? someone has recommended an assembly to me before, only to get there and see an open display of manipulation and falsehood. We can only trust the word of God. while it is true that we mustn't forsake the assemblies of one another, I think personal conviction matters most since we shall give account of our deeds individually.
If only men will allow the Bible to speak for itself and not adding their own thing, if only men will will take God's word as it is without twisting it, THE WORD OF GOD WILL SPREAD Act19:20; 20:32
In conclusion, make sure you have proven an assembly with the word of God(in their teachings, practices and actions) before you recommend it , Remember, misleading someone is not different from killing the person.

Shallom!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by JJYOU: 12:06pm On Apr 16, 2009
solosimple:

@Pekmide
See, it's good to recommend denominations to people, but I have little problem with the idea b'cos your recommendation will be based on your knowledge (what you count to be true and accurate) Don't you think a member of Olumba Olumba will also recommend his church to people? someone has recommended an assembly to me before, only to get there and see an open display of manipulation and falsehood. We can only trust the word of God. while it is true that we mustn't forsake the assemblies of one another, I think personal conviction matters most since we shall give account of our deeds individually.
If only men will allow the Bible to speak for itself and not adding their own thing, if only men will will take God's word as it is without twisting it, THE WORD OF GOD WILL SPREAD Act19:20; 20:32
In conclusion, make sure you have proven an assembly with the word of God(in their teachings, practices and actions) before you recommend it , Remember, misleading someone is not different from killing the person.

Shallom!
there is nothing wrong in recommending something you feel is good to some one. who are we to judge denominations? i know many good cele people who are better and lead christian life than tongue talking, bible quoting, loveless pentecostals.

i dont like my church is better than your church attitude but i can tell you to come to my church and feel comfortable doing it.

this phrase is good
but how do i refuse to go to church because i am scared of wrong fellowships and not violate hebrews 10 :25 "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.?

in the midst of our thinking we are the only one standing, can i refer you to this word in

1 Kings 19:18 (King James Version)

18 [size=18pt]Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.[/size]

God will always ever have a minority that are faithfull. we are not the only people doing right. the church of Christ is always bigger than ours.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by solosimple(m): 12:23pm On Apr 16, 2009
@JJYOU.
I feel u Bro. but guess you didn't get me right. Anyway, you can recommend your church,, there's nothing bad in that, but be sure you lead men to the light and not to darkness. If your assembly is that good, u can even invite me to come check it out. As long as you hold the entire counsel of God's word in your teaching and practices, no problem!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by pekmide(m): 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2009
Well guys, maybe recommendations might be offensive to you but those churches are just few amongst others, and they are the ones I know, The criteria is that There's only one true gospel and that gospel does not shun the realities of God's power as much as it embraces righteousness, Anywhere where such a gospel is being preached that's the kind of congregation you should locate yourself, I'm not saying those are the best denominations in the world.

And as for the structures that carry the previous revivals, It's true that there are remnant in such structures who are not permitted to go out but are charged with the responsibility of repairing the breach, Such people should obey God and stay no matter how dead the structure is, The Nehemiah Company must do their work and rebuild the ruins,

It is well with us all.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by akeenjames: 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2009
BELOVED, I DONT KNOW WHY THIS TOPIC WAS RAISED BUT I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT MOST OF THE YOUHT THAT RAN AWAY FROM DEEPER LIFE MANY YEARS AGO (INLUDING ME) ARE NOW SNEAKING BACK. I MUST TELL YOU DEEPER LIFE IS A CHURCH WHERE THE SOUND WORD OF GOD IS BEEN PREACH AND A CHURCH WHERE THE PASTOR IS FOCUS ON PREPARING IS MEMBER FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD VIA HOLINESS. BY GODS GRACE I HAVE BEEN TO SOME CHURCHES AND I HAVE EVEN PARTICIPATED AT THE HELMS OF AFFAIR AS A MEMBER, I MUST TELL YOU I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.
IN THIS LAST CONCLUDED EASTER RETREAT, I MUST CONFESS TO YOU THAT THE NUMER OF YOUHTS AT THE CAMP WAS AMAZING AND YESTERDAY THAT I WENT TO THEIR BIBLE STUDY THERE WERE STILL SOME YOUTH THERE THAT YOU CANT EVEN IMAGINE WILL WANT TO GO TO CHURCH THERE. THE BIBLE SAYS AND YOU WILL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE. SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO TASTE VARIOUS DOCTRINE TO KNOW THE TRUTH, SO DONT DISTURB YOURSELF ABOUT THE MIGRATION OF THE YOUTH IN THE DEEPER LIFE, THEY WILL SOON KNOW THE TRUTH PREACHER AND SETTLE FOR THE TRUTH
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by djcrucifix(m): 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2009
na deeper life na! the name speaks for itself.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by domwas2(m): 3:18pm On May 27, 2009
akeenjames:

BELOVED, I DONT KNOW WHY THIS TOPIC WAS RAISED BUT I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT MOST OF THE YOUHT THAT RAN AWAY FROM DEEPER LIFE MANY YEARS AGO (INLUDING ME) ARE NOW SNEAKING BACK. I MUST TELL YOU DEEPER LIFE IS A CHURCH WHERE THE SOUND WORD OF GOD IS BEEN PREACH AND A CHURCH WHERE THE PASTOR IS FOCUS ON PREPARING IS MEMBER FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD VIA HOLINESS. BY GODS GRACE I HAVE BEEN TO SOME CHURCHES AND I HAVE EVEN PARTICIPATED AT THE HELMS OF AFFAIR AS A MEMBER, I MUST TELL YOU I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.

Same here brother,check out this link wat we believed in

BIBLE DOCTRINES: ABRIDGED EDITION

http://www.dclm.org/AboutUs/WhatWeBelieve/DoctrinesShortForm/tabid/158/Default.aspx
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by gate22: 11:38am On May 30, 2009
I am often amazed when I hear a typical Deeper Life member trying to justify their so called stand on some biblical principles like perming of hair and wearing of make-ups.They atimes make references to things that are not tangible enough to back up there arguments.
Imagine making references to Mary's physical appearance as if her pictures can be found in any museum in this world.They make reference to trouser as if it were the culture of the Jews to put on trouser.Not even their males put it on because it was never part of their culture.
The bible teaches morality and not culture.I feel you can put it on provided it does not look provocative anyway.
The Main reason why Youths will never want to stay in Deeper Life is that most of them never had the real salvation.The leaders are often deceived into believing the fact that you are saved once you conform to the standard and lay  down principles of the church.They heap up bunch of hypocritical youths that will never stand the test of time in the church.
Let us us concentrate on spiritual regeneration rather than 'do not put on this or that'.
There are more to the issue of salvation than this.
Do we say Jesus never had time to talk on these for the 3yrs of his earthly ministry?Why do we Major on Minors
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by gate22: 12:11pm On May 30, 2009
The youth ministry is a very complex one.It can not be compared with the ministry of the adults and so it must be handled not only with care but with highly experienced and youth oriented people.This is one of the areas where Deeperlife had failed.
No ministry will be able to retain their youths when they try to ostracize them completely from the world.A typical Deeper Life youth is completely cut-off from events and happenings of the world.
I wounder why issues like this are brought up,our contributions does not make any difference because they will remained unmoved even if it means the whole world crashing down.People opinion does not rely matter to them.They have this strong believe that they are custodian of the truth.
Note this Please.A "Deeper-Liver" must not;
-Hand Shake opposite sex
-Celebrate birthday
-Watch TV
-Put on lace material
-Use "aso oke" cultural attire
-celebrate Christmas or give out season greeting cards
etc
not to talk about earrings and the other stuffs
Anyway I must says this -no one knows the way to heaven as some deeper life claimed except the Holy Spirit our Guidian
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 30, 2009
gate22:

The youth ministry is a very complex one.It can not be compared with the ministry of the adults and so it must be handled not only with care but with highly experienced and youth oriented people.This is one of the areas where Deeperlife had failed.
No ministry will be able to retain their youths when they try to ostracize them completely from the world.A typical Deeper Life youth is completely cut-off from events and happenings of the world.
I wounder why issues like this are brought up,our contributions does not make any difference because they will remained unmoved even if it means the whole world crashing down.People opinion does not rely matter to them.They have this strong believe that they are custodian of the truth.
Note this Please.A "Deeper-Liver" must not;
-Hand Shake opposite sex
-Celebrate birthday
-Watch TV
-Put on lace material
-Use "aso oke" cultural attire
-celebrate Christmas or give out season greeting cards
etc
not to talk about earrings and the other stuffs

Anyway I must says this -no one knows the way to heaven as some deeper life claimed except the Holy Spirit our Guidian

U kiddin??
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by switD: 3:40pm On May 30, 2009
No kidding , those things are for real,

I have a deeper life member right here, and all those things are comfirmed
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 30, 2009
[size=22pt]I'll be damned [/size]
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by domwas2(m): 10:21am On Jun 01, 2009
Believe nothing merely because you have been told it . . . or because it is traditional, or because you yourselves have imagined it. Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. But whatsoever, after due examination and analysis, you find to be conducive to the good, the benefit, the welfare of all beings-that doctrine believe and cling to, and take it as your guide. -Buddha

NOTHING MATTERS BUT WHAT WE BELIEVE IT,
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Tudor3(m): 11:08am On Jun 01, 2009
I believe! I believe!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by chrisenw(m): 6:49pm On Jun 08, 2009
people still have time to misuse! who made u a judge ?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Iyashi: 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2009
So many run fron deeper life because they do not want to be bond according to them they feel being in deeper life is a bondage.

but i tell u wht if u really want to be grounded in the word of God and be sure of the way to heaven then deeperlife is the place to be
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by JJYOU: 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2009
Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Refrain

O deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessèd Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

Deeper, deeper, blessèd Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.

Refrain

Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.

Refrain

Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.

Refrain

Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.

Refrain

http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/d/e/deeper.htm
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Iyashi: 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2009
jjyou u seem to knw the song r u a member?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by kshow1(m): 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2009
Youths simply do not go to deeper life cos they are running away from the truth.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by chrisenw(m): 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2009
Please stop all these. It sounds childish and un scriptural. Stand firm for Christ not Church and stop speaking aganist someones work.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by switD: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2009
ummm , sounds lyk u got a point there undecided
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by anwo247: 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2009
kshow1:

Youths simply do not go to deeper life cos they are running away from the truth.

That's just it.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by chrisenw(m): 6:42pm On Jun 15, 2009
I am sick of hearing how most people here are swollow in the understanding of spirituality and scripture.

To those from Deeper Life : I was a member and even a leader some years ago. To coming to Deeper does not automatical means indifference towards the truth. The truth is not only found in deeper Life and some of the teachings are cultural and demenotional relevant whilst most seems to me very good teaching to prepare people of God. It is not only Deeper Life that teaches such messages. Whilst in Deeper I do let my members know that there are things others might be doing which we are not and the the bilbe neither approved nor disapproved. You did not need to defend deeper but the gospel of Christ

To Others : the same goes to you. You need to be careful and stop all these.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by chrisenw(m): 6:44pm On Jun 15, 2009
I am sick of hearing how most people here are swallow in the understanding of spirituality and scripture.

To those from Deeper Life : I was a member and even a leader some years ago. To coming to Deeper does not automatically means indifference towards the truth. The truth is not only found in deeper Life and some of the teachings are cultural and denominational relevant whilst most seems to me very good teaching to prepare people of God. It is not only Deeper Life that teaches such messages. Whilst in Deeper I do let my members know that there are things others might be doing which we are not and the the Bible neither approved nor disapproved. You did not need to defend deeper but the gospel of Christ

To Others : the same goes to you. You need to be careful and stop all these.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by mikeluv: 7:21pm On Aug 23, 2009
Youth have to understand the bible still remain the word of God which never change, Men of God may change but the word of God will never change, I understand youth are only in search of diluted word of God, in search of modern days Christianity not end time Christianity, they stay away from churches like Deeper life and some other ministry which do not tollorate sinners meetings but only invite sinners to the church for repentance, Youth are u after social meetings or church meetings ?, Remember church meetings are of God with old time religion of worship, while social meeting are worldly meetings inform of church with modern days doctrine, ( However Christianity is not bread and butter like modern days church teachings)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Chartey(m): 9:52am On Aug 24, 2009
D truth's alwayz bitter. Deeper life has no rules, d Bible's their standard in all situationz. It's great dat in d last dayz som pple can still stand for d truth. Most churches dat attract youths have motivational speakers-pple dat give u tips on makin' it but tell ya lil' or nothin' 'bout gettin ta heaven. Why's dis so? Afterall, heaven's our home! DLBC thumbs o. I dey feel u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.