Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (202318 Views)

I Need Deeper Life Bible -gospel Hymns CD / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:46pm On Mar 26, 2007
lol she was wearing a scarf on her wedding day? care to describe the dress and everything else?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by busygirl(f): 10:49pm On Mar 26, 2007
I Know of a girl in ma skul, she was born into a deeper life parents, Even @ skul she was on low-cut, and dresses in dem deeper wears. bt i was shocked wen ma friend who is her roomate told me she was bleedin and was admitted WHY!  She had an abortion!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by busygirl(f): 10:55pm On Mar 26, 2007
ThiefOfhearts, simply white gowns with puffy edges, and scalf[ 4 virgins only ]and CREAM gowns 4 non-virgins
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by 9ja4eva: 5:07am On Mar 27, 2007
@ busygirl

It happens oh in deir community so am nt shocked.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Backslider(m): 7:03am On Mar 27, 2007
@busygirl

I am very happy that you know Abortion is sinful. you have put the matter to rest. There are sinners that attend Deeperlife and because someone is outwardly well dressed does not mean he is an Angel.

The Child of perdition Judas when he was with Jesus he lived an outward holiness and it was accepted by christ but he had an internal problem and the holy Ghost tried his best to warn him but he never repent in his heart. he sinned against the holy Ghost.

The Church ordinance is for Orderliness there is no sin in this.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by 9ja4eva: 7:21am On Mar 27, 2007
Yu right.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by nikynike(f): 3:44pm On Mar 27, 2007
Running away already Cant marry a deeper life member

Because, they behave as if they are Jesus Christ. Christainity is not a burden.
Christ has died and took away all our burden.So, we should be glad in Him and serve him with all our heart.
Thats (purity) in heart. So putting on long skirt,Long sleeve,No jewelry,no wedding girl and all the bla bla bla will not work.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 29, 2007
let people wear whatever they want to for their wedding,it's their prerogative.
My only problem is when they endorse that as the Christian way of doing things and all others are called worldly.
That is where I disagree.

I have also attended a deeper life wedding and frankly,I wept in my heart.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by 9ja4eva: 8:25am On Mar 29, 2007
Lmao.What made u weep?No cake,music or d replicas of JESUS in d gathering?LOL grin grin
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 30, 2007
9ja4eva:

Lmao.What made u weep?No cake,music or d replicas of JESUS in d gathering?LOL grin grin

Yes there was no cake,no wedding dress,no exchange of rings and no music.
I don't even remember if they took pictures.
I had just become a born again Christian and I prayed that God will not send a deeper lifer my way as a life partner because every girl from the time she can reason,fantasizes about her wedding and that was not the fantasy I had.
I don't wish to be judgemental but that was just not my style.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 12:44am On Mar 30, 2007
babyosisi:

Maybe you entered the wrong service. It might have been a funeral service for the pastor.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:50am On Mar 30, 2007
davidylan:

Maybe you entered the wrong service. It might have been a funeral service for the pastor.

Rofl cheesy

How the hell is their a marriage WITHOUT music?

No cake? That's the reason why people that arent family go in the first place, sheesh
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by 9ja4eva: 2:51am On Apr 01, 2007
babyosisi:

I had just become a born again Christian and I prayed that God will not send a deeper lifer my way as a life partner because every girl from the time she can reason,fantasizes about her wedding and that was not the fantasy I had.

Yeah i can imagine really.Maybe people shld start going with CD Players to play for dem since dey dnt want to sing songs.Dt kain wedding go be like bondage.Chai grin grin
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nella(f): 8:03pm On Apr 01, 2007
babyosisi:

LMAO!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy lol

Omo those people fear me!! o boy they r crazy cry cry
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 01, 2007
Nella:

LMAO!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy lol

Omo those people fear me!! o boy they r crazy cry cry

No they are not,they are just em,shall I say,what is the right word here.
Deeper.
Deeper is the right word. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by 9ja4eva: 8:46am On Apr 02, 2007
They are really deeper dn life itself.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nella(f): 10:02am On Apr 02, 2007
babyosisi:

No they are not,they are just em,shall I say,what is the right word here.
Deeper.
Deeper is the right word. grin grin grin

um------their own kind of deeper is 2 much undecided undecided they need 2 cool it down a bit smiley smiley smiley

9ja4eva:

They are really deeper dn life itself.

lol---true wink grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Backslider(m): 11:32am On Apr 02, 2007
smiley
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by 9ja4eva: 7:24pm On Apr 02, 2007
Its so sad though dt in dis modern generation people still dey like dis.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by MAYORIN1(m): 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2007
The reason is simple. Trend is changing Deeper Life still operates Old time Religion.

Youths want where they will be giving freedom to express themselves i.e. shout, jump, weird dance etc.

Church where you will clap your hands and worship God with moderation isn't a place most youth would like to be.

cool
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by 9ja4eva: 7:50am On Apr 03, 2007
LOL.

Well most youths like to go Deep and in d process of going Deep dey find demselves in Deeper life.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Tayong: 1:56pm On Apr 08, 2007
Hello guys
I tumbled on this site while making some searches. You Nigerians probably know Deeperlife better than I do.Im not Nigerain but I know Deeperlife and here in the West there are a couple of African based churches and Deeperlife is one.

Personally I think the truth is bitter to swallow and many people find it difficult to swallow the stance of Deeperlife on a couple of issues but that doesnt change the truthfulness of what they are preaching.

As for the youths fleeing the ministry over there in your country , isnt strange. Just the word "youth" is is cine quo nom to adventurism , daring, freedom and what have you, much of which gets them into alot of mess and trouble.

Just as one commentator cited above, if the Deeperlife leaders can harness the youths bearing in mind the percularity of their mindsets and emotional build up it will go a long way to keep them in the church. But what I find funny is that many commentators know this ministry is is preaching the truth, it maybe he hard but its the truth.

Dont think even Deeperlife Members dont know their teachings are hard but knowing the biblical backings of such teachings they stomacj it all. Jesus himself somewhere said ,", not everyone cant accept this, " but the joy of living the standards keeps them going and focused.

Naturally human beings shy away from anything trying to tame their freedom . Its true Deeperlife might have some "donts" which people find absurd but on the whole I think Deeperlife preaches the raw gospel.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by busygirl(f): 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2007
Honestly, I agree with the fact that they preach the truth. On the other hand, their doctrines should have been milder coz they are taking the religion too extreme,
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Tayong: 5:38pm On Apr 08, 2007
@busygirl
what is the estremism in deeperlife teachings you know? im just curious with the word extreme.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by busygirl(f): 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2007
I'm not talking about their teachings, i mean their way of life, thou shall always tie scarf, thou shall not watch tv and so many others
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by pearldrops(f): 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2007
wht is deeper life to u?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by 9ja4eva: 7:48am On Apr 10, 2007
Living a deep life filled with hypocrisy.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by DorisB(f): 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2007
Oga kimba,which kind long sermon you write like this
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by jaybaby(f): 5:17pm On Apr 14, 2007
Na part of deeper life!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 3:21am On Apr 15, 2007
9ja4eva:

Living a deep life filled with hypocrisy.

It's not possible to label anyone who is different from you or believes differently a hypocrite
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by 9ja4eva: 3:23am On Apr 15, 2007
You are absolutely right but we all know it exists in churches like that(inshort everywhere).
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 15, 2007
9ja4eva:

You are absolutely right but we all know it exists in churches like that(inshort everywhere).

After my pastor back home,a married man with 5 kids was found dead in a roadside motel with a cheap prostitute,I knew that you can never trust anyone but God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.