Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (202287 Views)

I Need Deeper Life Bible -gospel Hymns CD / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by 9ja4eva: 3:26am On Apr 15, 2007
OH oh.You are right and dts y i dnt have any grudge for those who dont go to church cos even Pastors sin.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 3:30am On Apr 15, 2007
no that should not discourage anybody.
We look up to Christ,not any man or woman.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by 9ja4eva: 2:43am On Apr 16, 2007
I know bt its so so discouraging @ times u know
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by cabali(m): 9:43pm On May 10, 2007
Those that don't like Itu way of deeper life. if you Check them out they are the type that just want to bear the title Christian without wanting to be christ like

you should actually be more concerned with your being holy yourself and not live to a human's standards
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Backslider(m): 10:45am On May 12, 2007
babyosisi

It depends which christ you are talking about
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 3:19am On May 13, 2007
Backslider:

babyosisi

It depends which christ you are talking about

are there more than one?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 13, 2007
yeadlbc

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Gwaine(m): 8:36pm On May 13, 2007
Well, we can't really speak for the youths - everyone has their private reasons for what they do and what they don't. cool
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Ifere(m): 3:40pm On May 16, 2007
I think most people wants to be free minded, and that's cool. But a church like deeperlife
is extramile minded and that's with a price.  So the problem on the one hand, is that some do not have conviction for extramile,and others the price is too much for them pay sad
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by ATLANTA96(m): 1:59am On May 22, 2007
DEEPER LIFE IS ONE OF THE BEST CHURCH I HAVE EVER ATTENDED, THE PRINCIPALS ARE WELL DONE AND
PASTOR KUMUYI IS ALWAYS A MAN OF HIS WORD, HIS ONLY DOING WHAT GOD HAS CALLED HIM TO DO AND
HIS NOT GOING BACK ON THAT, MAKE UP AND ALL THAT SHIT LADIES PUT ON THIS DAYS AND CALL IT FASHION
IS REALL BULLSHIT, TAKE A LOOK AT A WOMAN WHEN SHE JUST TOOK HER BATH, AND ASK URSELF IF SHE IS BEAUTIFUL . I REALLY THANK GOD FOR HIM AND THE MINISTRY,
AS FOR THE RUNNERS OR WHATEVER THEY HAVE HARD THE WORD, SO U CAN RUN BUT U CAN' HIDE,
DEEPER LIFE IS NOT A CHURCH WHERE U GO AND SHOW UR unclothedness OR DANCE DISCO AND AWILO.
IS A PLACE WHERE GOD IS RESPECTED.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:12am On May 22, 2007
Keep telling yourself that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 22, 2007
There are very few REAL churches left in Nigeria today and Deeper life is amongst the rare remnant, though I must admit I do not entirely agree with their mode of dressing. But I still believe that women most especially should dress so as not to provoke the opposite sex into sin. When you see sisters wearing very tight trousers and shirts so as to reveal every curvature you begin to wonder what they really want and whether they are truly worshiping God from the heart.

From my perspective, RCCG, Deeperlife and a few others are the only ones left on the highway of holiness. The majority have gone in the way of Cain, and ran riotously in the error of Balaam for hire, and perished in the gainsaying of Korah.

Last time I went home, I saw 10s of churches on one street alone, and what shocked me was how much church has become big business in Nigeria.

Are people more ready to fill their stomachs and burn in hell for eternity than fear God now and live with him forever.

Forget about the few negatives. Go to Deeperlife, they will ground you in the word and they mean business.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 2 Timothy 4 : 3
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 3:09am On May 23, 2007
ATLANTA96:

DEEPER LIFE IS ONE OF THE BEST CHURCH I HAVE EVER ATTENDED, THE PRINCIPALS ARE WELL DONE AND
PASTOR KUMUYI IS ALWAYS A MAN OF HIS WORD, HIS ONLY DOING WHAT GOD HAS CALLED HIM TO DO AND
HIS NOT GOING BACK ON THAT, MAKE UP AND ALL THAT SHIT LADIES PUT ON THIS DAYS AND CALL IT FASHION
IS REALL BULLSHIT, TAKE A LOOK AT A WOMAN WHEN SHE JUST TOOK HER BATH, AND ASK URSELF IF SHE IS BEAUTIFUL . I REALLY THANK GOD FOR HIM AND THE MINISTRY,
AS FOR THE RUNNERS OR WHATEVER THEY HAVE HARD THE WORD, SO U CAN RUN BUT U CAN' HIDE,
DEEPER LIFE IS NOT A CHURCH WHERE U GO AND SHOW UR unclothedness OR DANCE DISCO AND AWILO.
IS A PLACE WHERE GOD IS RESPECTED.

do they hold English classes too?
You might want to register
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by donnie(m): 5:42pm On Jun 02, 2007
shocked
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by UPRISING: 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2007
@BABYOSISI
YES THEY DO.
EVEN FRENCH AND OTHER FORIGN LANGUAGES.
GOD BLESS U,
FROM ATLANTA96
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by pearldrops(f): 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2007
why shouldnt they?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by 9ja4eva: 7:54am On Jun 25, 2007
Help me ask dem oh
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by benit(f): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2007
@babyosisi,
u bombed this atlanta guy kiss
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by same410(m): 8:34pm On Jun 26, 2007
Well, i love deeperlife. I have been there and i am yet to see a church as consistent as deeperlife in its message and doctrines. Infact, most churches you see today just 'go with the flow', lowering the standard and satisfying the itching ears of their congregation. The youths would want to be in a place where there 'exuberance(s)' would be indulged. For instance, why would a church organised 'jeans carnival' or 'fashion parrade'?

Pastor Kumuyi is not a pastor that will patronize politicians or allow himself to become a consultant to them. He is a teacher of the word. His passion and program are developmental and deep. What i learned as a member of deeperlife in my early days have stayed with me even as a non member of deeperlife.

Today, pastors rarely points people to the bible, instead they quote what john maxwell, mike muddock, td jakes etc said. Many who professed Christianity lacks knowledge of the bible and like the Bible said, they are on the way to destruction.

I await response

Sam Ehebha
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by benit(f): 2:23pm On Jun 27, 2007
same410,
why then did u leave the church or u wanted to 'go with the flow' too?
consistency does not imply correctness.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2007
deeper life is a word based Church.
They believe in the Bible no doubt but the human doctrines accompanying can be harsh
A lady I know in the East fell in love with a deeper life pastor in Lagos.
She and her intended came down and the man in love told her pastor and the elders of the church of their intent (as is deeper life custom),after a series of "interviews" they asked the couple to wait until the Lord speaks expressly to the pastor and the leaders.

The sister and brother waited and waited,still faithful to the Church,years were passing by and "God had not yet spoken ".
Our brother ran out of patience,he came down to the East and took his intended bride to the local magistrate and made her his bride.
He then took her back to Lagos and wedded her in another Church altogether.
They had 'Taiwo and Kehinde' to God's glory and went back to the Church,of course he lost his pastoral stand in the Church but he was willing to sacrifice that to be with the love of his life.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by stimulus(m): 8:00pm On Jun 27, 2007
same410:

Many who professed Christianity lacks knowledge of the bible and like the Bible said, they are on the way to destruction.

My bros same410,

Knowledge of the Bible does not save anybody! grin Rather, it is knowing Christ Himself that anyone can be saved. Make I remind you of some verses:

# The Jews in Jesus' earthly ministry had profound knowledge of the Scriptures; but lai-lai. . . they would NOT go to Jesus and be saved! "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life." (John 5:39-40)

# There are indeed many who actually know the Bible; but even so, they don't really know the Christ of the Bible: "Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it." (Acts 7:52-53).

# What is important at the end of the day is that we know God and that He also knows us: "But if any man love God, the same is known of him" (I Cor. 8:3).
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by cabali(m): 9:34am On Jul 16, 2007
deeper life is avoided simply becos the doctrine is 2 hard. everyone wants 2 go 2 heaven but they want to enjoy the things of the world at the same time.

noone wants 2 make sacrifices for heaven like Jesus did. we just want 2 continue with being worldly and we need churches to inform us that we will still make it 2 heaven even at that.

totally messed up!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 16, 2007
cabali:

deeper life is avoided simply because the doctrine is 2 hard. everyone wants 2 go 2 heaven but they want to enjoy the things of the world at the same time.

noone wants 2 make sacrifices for heaven like Jesus did. we just want 2 continue with being worldly and we need churches to inform us that we will still make it 2 heaven even at that.

totally messed up!

Your response reminds me of the simple question that Jesus asked His disciples after a hard sayings(Sound but hard teachings) "Will you also go away?"

It was recorded that many of His disciples left Him and followed Him no more. But thank God some few stayed. People like Peter who said. "Lord to whom shall we go to? "

I pray God helps us to stand firmly for Him and till the end.

[center]It's all about God's Unchanging Standard, in a Changing World.[/center]
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by otuonye(m): 11:24am On Jul 17, 2007
I was born in Deeper Christian Life Ministry and stayed there for some years before I left. Actually, my father was a pastor in that church. He brought Deeper Life to Imo State - Pastor Jonathan Otuonye.

But I left that church when I left my father's house, because I do not like the way of life of the members there:

EVRYBODY ACTS TOO HOLY: If you meet a typical Deeper life guy, you will be surprised to see him look down on you because you do not belong to DEEPER. Even among themselves, they feel one has to be toooo careful in everything, for example:

If you laugh so much, they start thinking that you are not sactified. If you are a lover of Sports [Football], they will tell you that you are wasting the time God gave you on irrelevant things.

UNSCRIPTURAL DOCTINES: The bible did not say that women should not wear trousers - but what it says is that women should not wear men's clothings. Deeper life members have always imposed an unscriptural dressing pattern insisting that women should not wear trousers.

But I know that there are trousers that are meant for women - and also those that are meant for men.

NO MAKE - UP FOR WOMEN: The DEEPER people insist that women should not make up. I think this is a product of a misunderstood passage of the scriptures. The thing that pains me most is that my parents are still taking to this doctrine, even though they no longer attend that church.

IMITATING KUMUYI: Every body there wants to talk like KUMUYI. When you go there, you will hear something like: ", Aaaaanddd the Loooorrrdd saaaaiiiiidddddddddddddd, that it is noooot ggggoooooooooodddddddd, "

What nonsense is that? Why must you imitate Kumuyi? Why can't you be yourself?

These are things that made me dislike the church. But I move freely with people - no matter the religious affiliation.

Joe
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by mekoyo(m): 6:52pm On Jul 17, 2007
(female church members) are not allowed to wear EARRINGS and girls just can't
   imagine not wearing earrings

Is wearing earing the beauty of a girl? Is palming of air the beauty of a woman?
Listen up nairalanders all these cannot tell if a woman is beautiful or not. Yes so many say it is the heart that tells and not the physical appearnce but tell me is it not what the heart brings out that the brain will memorise about and then drops down to the body.

Your wearing of earings or palming of air cannot attract you to me, thats for me i dont know about the others but please let us not talk about church. Heaven is our aim and final goal, Instead let us be watchful and prayerful.

Youths run away from Deeper Life Bible Church caused they are just not interested, they want to enjoy the pleasures of the world that is why so many of us youths easily fall as prey to these plans and attacks of the devil.

Unwanted pregnancies, sexually transmitted diseases, heart breaks, etc. these are what most of us fall into as prey and we are easily decieved.
Youths of this generation let us arise to stop all these acts. This is not about running away from a church that speaks the truth. It's about the bible, Deeperlife preaches the bible and not the word of man.

@Joe
Just like you said you dont like the way the people there behave. But have you gone to other places, have you seen them, their character, their lifestyles. Those that act too holy do that for themselves. Ok?

Why should i imitate someone. I want to leave a peaceful life, a life that people will see and will want to emulate not imitate.

Naturally i dopnt like make-ups cause it makes some people ugly i wont say all. But whats the need when you are beautiful.

Lets stop this negative idea about deepelife and concentrate on our lives. Live your life to please GOD and not man.

Deeper life did not say you shouldn't play football o. I play football very well. Let's just have matured minds even if for ones and think like intellects.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by okababa(m): 6:12am On Jul 18, 2007
kimba,
God will bless you and strenghten you the more as you tell them the whole truth. Christ embassy is evil! How can a man that claim to be a pastor curl his hair? Is that what holiness is all about? it is no show- off.Please let all nairalanders be weary of christ embassy that give open cheques to all their female ones to put one trousers. God will definitly hold Chris oyhakilome responsible for the blood of all its menber because no CHRIST E,BASSY MEMBER WILL EVER MAKE HEAVEN EXCEPT THEY TRULLY REPENT AND BE BORN AGAIN.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by okababa(m): 6:13am On Jul 18, 2007
kimba,
God will bless you and strenghten you the more as you tell them the whole truth. Christ embassy is evil! How can a man that claim to be a pastor curl his hair? Is that what holiness is all about? it is no show- off.Please let all nairalanders be weary of christ embassy that give open cheques to all their female ones to put one trousers. God will definitly hold Chris oyhakilome responsible for the blood of all its menber because no CHRIST E,BASSY MEMBER WILL EVER MAKE HEAVEN EXCEPT THEY TRULLY REPENT AND BE BORN AGAIN.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 18, 2007
@Joe

You talk as if you were the only one that was born in the Church! I was too and it's quite unfortunate that you couldn't pick anything good from the Church all through the years you spent there!, I'm surprised  tongue that if a guy like you could say all that, how much more me, a female.

My dear, being a member of the Church has done me much GOOD than harm. I will always be a member as God wills , I love the sound doctrines i hear, Cos, each time i want to go against God's will the messages that i've heard re-echo and guides me against such. I'm a football fan as well, and being a member hasn't got ride of that from me.

Imitating Kumuyi
You said EVERYBODY, I beg your pardon, is it possible for everybody to imitate Kumuyi. Well, i don't and NONE of my siblings, friends does nor do my parents grin It could be that they imitate him in IMO state only.(and that doesn't imply EVERYBODY).

Unscriptural Doctrines
But, You only spotted out one doctrine(Women Dressing), please, I'll like to know other doctrine[b]s[/b].

Best Regards. wink
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by okababa(m): 11:49am On Jul 18, 2007
joe(Otuonye),
OOOOOOOOOOOOO accept my sympathy, one will easily know that you are like CHRIS OYAKHILOME(A FALSE PREACHER)
hOW on earth will you say that a xtian can put on trousers as female, paint lips like jezebel and curl his hair like chris oyakhiome and you think that such can ever get to heaven.
What do you think holiness is? a filthy rag? pls be guided! any church, person or pastor that is not in total agreement with pastor kumuyi/deeper life is not from God and will go to hell fire if they fail to repent.
As for me, pastor Kumuyi is the only man of God in africa and possibly the world. Also note that you dont have to agree with this statement as the bible say that whosoever will be a friend of God will be an enemy of the world so , that a lot of people hate deeperlife or pastor Kumuyi is enough confirmation that the man is realy from God
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:41am On Jul 19, 2007
Threads like this is enough to make someone become an atheist.

"lipstick like a jezebel", who talks like that? in 2007?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Macgreat(m): 1:37am On Jul 19, 2007
Deeper life girls? **shakes head**

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.