Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,303 members, 7,780,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:10 PM

Re: Will Last Minute Sin Take One To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re: Will Last Minute Sin Take One To Hell? (996 Views)

intimate Perversions That Leads To Hell Christians Should Avoid. / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Last Minute Sin Take One To Hell? by benodic: 2:18pm On Jun 15, 2012
Will Last Minute Sin Take One To Hell? by wakagirl
Cant still get over the Dana crash. I regret looking at pictures of some of the victims because as much as I tried I just cant get the faces off my head. Well, it has happened too bad we could not help it! May such never happen again.

I was just thinking of the victims’ last moment and I can imagine all sorts of lamentation, fear, prayers etc

I am sure there would be spirit filled born again Christians (apology to other religions just talking about mine). These xtians who when faced with calamity lower than such that happened would calmly have preached that we thank God in all situations and accept His wish would probably have at that very minute of staring death in the eyes said things like ‘God where are you’ ‘Ori mi o, eleda mi o’ ‘Mogbe o egbami o, ‘God if you truly exist please take control of this plane and land us safely’ etc some probably would have said worst like ‘are you sure you are up there looking at this?’ ‘if you are true to your word….please arise now’ etc….

Will some foolish words some of them would have said lead them to hell even though they were born again and faithful to God prior to this?

Some would probably have heard at one time or the other that all that is needed to be saved is to confess Christ as lord and accept Him, now will some people who were at that point unbelievers but quickly accept Him at that last minute make it to heaven for saying those words?

I am a Christian myself I probably should know answers to these but just wishing to learn more from other Christians because anyone could find him/herself face to face with death sometime.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE AND PLEASE those of other religion can open similar thread and discuss this. With due respect I want only Christians to contribute here and I don’t mean to insult anyone I just don’t want this to degenerate to religious war as in some cases. I have Ruth, Michael, Deborah as well as Fatima, Sikiru, Habeeb etc as cousins, uncles, aunties so I respect everyone’s belief. Thank you.

since wakagirl asked those of us in other religions to discuss the above topic in similar threads and stay off her thread i decided to oblige and make my own comments here. others should feel free to make their own comments here as well. so that we can learn from one another.

as a former christian the above question whether a last minute sin can take one to hell was a point of serious contemplation as i thrived to fully understand it vis-a-viz the christian doctrines. what makes it look like an injustice is that someone can be a very good christian all his or her and just because of one slip up (afterall we are all humans) all the good things the person did will be dumped into the dustbin and off to hell the person goes.

on the other hand you have a situation where someone has been committing atrocities all his or her life, killing people, robbing others etc and at the last minute the person accepts Jesus as his or her Lord and then off to heaven the person goes.
if you look critically at the above 2 scenarios you would not be surprised at what you see in Christendom today. the second option seems a very juicy option and that is what you see people doing. testimony nights are filled with confessions of people who have committed heinous crimes against humanity and then after accepting Christ, the sins are wiped off and the person becomes renewed automatically meanwhile the people killed by that person who were not born agains are of course sent to hell.

after becoming a member of ECKANKAR, Religion of The Light and Sound Of God, i was able to see clearly the workings of the Laws of Life. the paramount one being The law of Cause and Effect also known as The Law of Karma. which Jesus aptly talked about in the christian Bible as whatever you sow you will reap. this law operates above the laws of man and is infallible. all actions, words or thoughts sent out by a soul will definitely come back to the sender whether the person repents or not.

he or she will pay for whatever debt he or she incurs in life. if at the end of a lifetime the debt is not paid such a soul will be made to come back in another physical body to pay the debt and learn the lessons attached to that experience. this brings in the concept of reincarnation. that is why in life you will see someone born blind from birth, another will not have limbs, another will have seemingly good luck from birth. these happenings are a result of past deeds that the souls wearing that body had done in a past life and coming in that particular form becomes a way to pay for that debt. so God is not unjust and does not favour any soul or any race above another. we as souls make our lives the way it is. we have no one to blame for it.
all these things i am talking about are knowledge embedded in the core of every soul. it is not subject to arguments or counter-arguments. if you really want to know if Karma is real and if Reincarnation is real, all you need to do is to ask with a sincere heart. the Holy Spirit, which is the repository of all truth is within every soul. pray in any way that is comfortable to you and in a moment of silence just ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth about these matters to you. then watch what happens.
Re: Re: Will Last Minute Sin Take One To Hell? by moneyhungry(m): 7:24am On Feb 24, 2013
sh/!t.
Re: Re: Will Last Minute Sin Take One To Hell? by enilove(m): 4:08pm On Feb 24, 2013
The bible says"there is a way that seemeth right unto a man,but d end thereof are d ways of death".Prov.16:25.

Karma says that there is a continual rebirths in human bodies until the person's soul reaches a state of perfection and the person's soul is united with God. It teaches that if bad things happen in one's life,it an outworking of bad karma.And if good things happen to a person,it is an outworking of good karma.

Lets assume the above is right.When Cain killed Abel in Gen.4:8, was that as a result of the evil that Abel commited ,that made him to die a sudden death in his brothers hand?
Was that the law of Karma?

Jesus did not teach reincarnation,he taught resurrection.

Gal 6:7-8 says" Be not deceived ;God is not mocked:For whatesoever a man soweth ,that he shall also reap.For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption;but he that soweth to d spirit shall of the spirit reap life everlasting".
This verses do not teach reincarnation but judgment after death.
Heb.9:27 says that a man is destined to die once,after that is judgement.
Hebrew verse above negates the doctrine of reincarnation.

Ezekiel 18:21 24 says"But if d wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath commited,and keep all my statutes,and do that which is lawful and right,he shall not die.And all his transgressions that he hath commited,they shall not be mentioned unto him;.....
But when d righteous turneth away from his righteousness,and committed iniguity,and doeth according to all the abomination that d wicked doeth......All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned ......in the sin that he hath sinned shall he die".
That is the word of God.We dont have to give inference where the exact word of God is self explanatory.
The thief at d right hand of Jesus was granted heaven, despite the sins that he had commited.

From the law of Karma,one should expect the world to have been inhabited by at least half of those that once lived then died and reincarnated.These ones are expected to have learnt their lessons and have influence in the world's moral standard.But what we have now is moral decay,corruptions on a higher scale as it has never been heard of before,killings and stealings,arm robbery more than it was 30 years ago. In lagos,about 40 years ago, people hadly lock their doors,thieves as at then used to hide from property owners.In most villages,most of the houses were without doors We were told stories that in the villages about 150 years ago,a yam seller does not need to stay with his market,but would use something to indicate the amount ot the yam.And a buyer would buy and put the money there for the owner to see.Even passersby would not touch the money.God will not institute a law that is of no effect.

This law of Karma is not mentioned in the bible.It not a biblical teaching in anyway but the idea of the idol worshippers in India.

The work of the holy spirit in the life of a christian is to direct us,teach us, caution us ,rebuke us,guide us and protect us.

The bible did not say that someone who had been living a holy life for years and commits sin mistakinly,does not have the grace to ask for forgiveness. Such person would make heaven except if he does not ask for forgiveness.

Likewise anyone who had been living in sins for decades has the grace of God to ask for forgiveness and be saved.Our God is a mercyful God. He says that he does not delight in d death of a sinner but in the repentance.

The reward of a holy person of 30 years of good service to the Lord cannot be compared with the reward of a holy person that got converted last month,where the two made heaven.

The devil is aware that we have the grace to ask for forgiveness and has used this against many people.Nobody knows when he will die or what will happen the next one hour.

To be saved at the last minute is the grace of God.Watch and pray the bible says ,because nobody knows tomorrow.

Jesus told us about the rich man and father Abraham.He did not tell us that the rich man came back as a begger.

What is the use of the death of Jesus iif reincarnation or law of Karma will make us petfect in the long run?

That is why we should be prayerful and not allow any doctrine that is not biblical to be pushing us arround. The bible is there as our guide.

Thanks.
Re: Re: Will Last Minute Sin Take One To Hell? by benodic: 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2013
@ enilove

spirituality is not about quoting holy scriptures and talking about what you understand from them.
for me i look at the more practical aspect of it vis-a -viz the effect that it is having on me in terms of making me a better person who loves all without discrimination.

approaching life from the perspective of the Law of cause and effect whereby you come to realize that everything you do comes back to you. this principle teaches you self responsibility. watch the life of any body who lives with this principle you find that such a person can never do or say anything that will hurt the next person and will give love to life knowing that in doing so only love will return.

but the person who believes that whatever he does he will be forgiven you can then imagine the kind of life that person will tend to live. he will feel free to commit any atrocities he wants to commit after all Jesus is there to wash his sins away and he goes scot free. just compare the 2 scenarios and see what is happening in our society today and how it is affecting the way people treat other people. what is the use of a doctrine that makes you spiritually lazy and leaves you a spiritual baby. just try attending any christian service and the kind of atrocities that people give as testimonies before they then repented is simply mind boggling and of course do you blame them, after all they have been promised that they will be forgiven and their debts carried by Jesus.

i still remember a former government official who after embezzling government funds approached us and asked to become a member of ECKANKAR hoping that once he does so he will be free from the EFCC that were after him. he didn't find it funny when he was told that if indeed he committed the crime and he becomes a member that is when EFCC will even catch him faster and send him to jail because he has to take responsibility for his actions and pay off any debts he has incurred in life. nobody saw him again after a while.

so that for me is what matters. how is any doctrine making me a better person here and now and making me to love all life better.

(1) (Reply)

God Is Not A Christian: Desmond Tutu And The Dalai Lama's Extraordinary Talk / Who Do You Say I Am? / Genetic adam & Eve Chromosome Study Traces Humans To Man Who Lived 135k yrs ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.