Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 (30561 Views)

Poll: Who Wins?

Nigeria: 84% (79 votes)
Rwanda: 10% (10 votes)
Draw: 4% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

AWCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Senegal - 2 - 0 (Full Time) / CHAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by semid4lyfe(m): 7:46pm On Jun 15, 2012

Rwanda's national team, known as the Amavubi, are in Nigeria to try and do the impossible – beat the Super Eagles in Calabar, where they have never lost or succumbed to a score draw, which is more probable since the Nigerian team has scored an average of a goal in each of their last two competitive matches. The first leg in February ended 0-0, and another goalless encounter over 90 minutes and extra time will take the tie to penalties.

In the first leg in February, the Wasps led by Milutin Sredojevic, showed no fear and tactically got it right against a fledgling team under Stephen Keshi. But since that time, there has been some chopping and changing.

Now the team is getting better coordinated with the players that have been called up, and the team is better rounded. So the challenge that faces Rwanda will be much steeper in Calabar against a team that has threatened to score a basketful of goals, but may finally come good on Saturday.

Two weeks ago, the Amavubi were pummelled 4-0 in Algiers and also in a friendly match earlier in the year lost 5-1 to Tunisia which says a great deal about their away record. So the Eagles must go for an early goal to kill whatever morale is left in their opponents.

There can be no excuses from Keshi and his boys and the strikers must find their scoring touch, especially Ikechukwu Uche, who spurned many gilt-edged chances against Namibia two weeks ago.

Raheem Lawal is expected to replace Nwankwo Obiorah, who played below par against Malawi last week. Keshi might introduce Elderson Echiejile for more forward movement down the left wing. The Rwandans will be relying heavily on their record goal scorer Olivier Karekezi to take any chances that will be offered by the Eagles defenders.

But many seem to believe that this Eagles team are going to beat a team comprehensively very soon and that fate might just have fallen on the Rwandans

SOURCE
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by fredoooooo: 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2012
UP EAGLES
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by icez: 8:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
NIG 3 RWD 0

cool cool
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by phreakabit(m): 8:04pm On Jun 15, 2012
2 things to happen tomorrow. . .

Rawanda to win/ draw.

Keshi to be sacked!

This team is an absolute mess, and not worth being called Super Eagles. We have a complete team but Keshi wants his "investments(his boys)" to play.
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by DonTundex(m): 8:13pm On Jun 15, 2012
Hope Nigeria win.
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by Wisdytech(m): 8:17pm On Jun 15, 2012
Hop they wil *WIN* this TIME!
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by ichiezubby(m): 8:19pm On Jun 15, 2012
make i reserve my comments til afta d match,we gat a better team dat wat keshi assemble,but he is d 'big Boss'.lets watch and c hw eagles wil destroy rwandamake i reserve my comments til afta d match,we gat a better team dat wat keshi assemble,but he is d 'big Boss'.lets watch and c hw eagles wil destroy rwandamake i reserve my comments til afta d match,we gat a better team dat wat keshi assemble,but he is d 'big Boss'.lets watch and c hw eagles wil destroy rwanda

1 Like

Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by ismhab(m): 8:26pm On Jun 15, 2012
Nigeria 0 - Rwanda 2, by the grace God.
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by daviesmania(m): 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2012
Nigeria 7 : hotel Rwanda 7

1 Like

Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by honeric01(m): 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2012
ismhab: Nigeria 0 - Rwanda 2, by the grace God.

are you from the slum of Rwanda?

3 Likes

Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by DonTundex(m): 8:37pm On Jun 15, 2012
ismhab: Nigeria 0 - Rwanda 2, by the grace God.
But why?
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by phreakabit(m): 8:41pm On Jun 15, 2012
DonTundex:
But why?

Because God helps those who help themselves. Rwanda is the better side in this tie.
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 15, 2012
phreakabit:

Because God helps those who help themselves. Rwanda are the better side in this tie.

rwanda is a better side than nigeria? the team that lost 4-0 and 5-1 not too long ago? lipsrsealed
haha! ! i think somebody is a big big fool wink

you want to convince me that they will come to naija gon gon and win us. you are mistaken my friend grin i say 3-0 for nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by funkymedina: 8:53pm On Jun 15, 2012
grin
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 15, 2012
phreakabit: 2 things to happen tomorrow. . .

Rawanda to win/ draw.

Keshi to be sacked!

This team is an absolute mess, and not worth being called Super Eagles. We have a complete team but Keshi wants his "investments(his boys)" to play.

complete whatt? you mean Siasia's team full of old foreign based guys who couldn't perform on international level?? his boys are the homebased youth players. Nigerians are so impatient. wait to see if nigeria don't qualify then you can complain like an old woman and get high blood pressure if you want wink
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by phreakabit(m): 9:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
bboiabb:

rwanda is a better side than nigeria? the team that lost 4-0 and 5-1 not too long ago? lipsrsealed
haha! ! i think somebody is a big big fool wink

you want to convince me that they will come to naija gon gon and win us. you are mistaken my friend grin i say 3-0 for nigeria

Guess who the big fool is? Go stare into a mirror to and you will see who. Rwanda played a far better, almost complete Super Eagles team and lost in a tight game, last time. . . Now they are playing team made up of a different set of players(terrible players). I would expect any right thinking adult(with an adults brain of course) to understand that THE PLAYERS INVOLVED AT THE MOMENT ARE THE TEAM. THE NAME OF THE TEAM ISN'T THE TEAM. But then again you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by phreakabit(m): 9:10pm On Jun 15, 2012
bboiabb:

complete whatt? you mean Siasia's team full of old foreign based guys who couldn't perform on international level?? his boys are the homebased [size=18pt]youth[/size] players. Nigerians are so impatient. wait to see if nigeria don't qualify then you can complain like an old woman and get high blood pressure if you want wink

Shut up dullard. I can write a full list of YOUNG SE worthy Europe based players for you. . . Take a look at the team we have now before talking about old players. BTW please mention on of the youths in that so called team.

Truth be told Siasia was bad. . . Keshi is a calamitous disaster in the offing!
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by mutiply: 9:14pm On Jun 15, 2012
i taught dis match was sunday 5m?pls correct me if am wrong
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by honeric01(m): 9:38pm On Jun 15, 2012
phreakabit:

Guess who the big fool is? Go stare into a mirror to and you will see who. Rwanda played a far better, almost complete Super Eagles team and lost in a tight game, last time. . . Now they are playing team made up of a different set of players(terrible players). I would expect any right thinking adult(with an adults brain of course) to understand that THE PLAYERS INVOLVED AT THE MOMENT ARE THE TEAM. THE NAME OF THE TEAM ISN'T THE TEAM. But then again you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Can you prove to us that Rwanda plays better football than us? any video to prove this?
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by phreakabit(m): 9:46pm On Jun 15, 2012
honeric01:

Can you prove to us that Rwanda plays better football than us? any video to prove this?

Honestly, no!. . . I said that base on my own evaluation of the team's (SE) performance. But you can't prove we play better either. Lets admit it, there are foreign based players who merit call ups, who will make the team stronger. But Mr Big boss, just wants to do what he does best . . . Destroy the Team. Like he did in Mali and Togo. Don't know why he hates foreign based players so much.
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by tyson55(m): 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
Watching Nigeria play is such a stressful and painstaking experience, even when we are winning.

1 Like

Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by honeric01(m): 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2012
phreakabit:

Honestly, no!. . . I said that base on my own evaluation of the team's (SE) performance. But you can't prove we play better either. Lets admit it, there are foreign based players who merit call ups, who will make the team stronger. But Mr Big boss, just wants to do what he does best . . . Destroy the Team. Like he did in Mali and Togo. Don't know why he hates foreign based players so much.

Since you can't prove it, then you have no say here bro because the best country right now is the one topping the group and they REMAIN Nigeria.

The last time i checked, where is Rwanda on the table?

1 Like

Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by phreakabit(m): 10:12pm On Jun 15, 2012
honeric01:

Since you can't prove it, then you have no say here bro because the best country right now is the one topping the group and they REMAIN Nigeria.

The last time i checked, where is Rwanda on the table?

I don't judge that way. Statistically we are the better side. . . But lets wait till after the match to continue this discussion. . . . Wanna bet who would be on the winning side? I foresee a draw for Nigeria at MOST!
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by Artlove(m): 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2012
Everyday hope hope hope! I pity 4 una o, go super eggs!
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by honeric01(m): 10:50pm On Jun 15, 2012
phreakabit:

I don't judge that way. Statistically we are the better side. . . But lets wait till after the match to continue this discussion. . . . Wanna bet who would be on the winning side? I foresee a draw for Nigeria at MOST!

Haba, why you dey change mouth all of a sudden?

phreakabit:

Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by eduson002(m): 11:08pm On Jun 15, 2012
This match will be played on sunday 17/6/2012, not tommorow.see cafonline.com
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by ortopazz(m): 11:34pm On Jun 15, 2012
naija go win 5 o
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by Murphy7h4: 2:17am On Jun 16, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]Nice work! cool
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by Nobody: 2:49am On Jun 16, 2012
phreakabit:

phreakabit:

of course you would pick offence and insult like an invalid. Abeg jare go and suck your mom's breast like a baby that you are. Look at your 2 quotes and see who the big fool is. Contradicting yourself like an idiiot
Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by eduson002(m): 2:57am On Jun 16, 2012
nobody has confirmed if d match is today or tommorow?

1 Like

Re: 2013 CAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Rwanda (2 - 0) On Saturday June 16 2012 by Killcabal(m): 6:46am On Jun 16, 2012
The SUPER CHICKENS OF NIGERIA.. (JONALAND)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? / Top 5 Commentators In Football / Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.