Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? (7679 Views)

The Use Of ATM To Tranfer Money, How Effient And Secure Is It? / Welcome-Hisenjos Fiverr,Freelancer via Payoneer Skrill Exchange Customer Support / Easy And Secure Way To Shop Online Using VTN (virtual Termina Lnetwork) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by normaljenny(m): 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2012
Paypal has refused us so we are to look elsewhere. I want adise on alertpay as recommended by some nairalanders. Pls I want to ask if alertpay is as internationally recognised, secure and reliable as paypal is. And can I integret it into my website as per receiving payment for my online sales. Please I would welcome advises from nairalanders that have knowledge of alertpay.
Thanks.
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by NSNA: 1:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
Which one is allowed in Nigeria?

I called Moneybookers to find out if Nigeria is allowed to use their services.
At the mere mention of Nigeria i could detect a change in tone as if the call itself was a Fraud!!

But i actually think they are all getting it wrong due to stereotype

Paypal operates in 190 countries except Nigeria

Many IT companies do the same.

1 Like

Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by shanda(m): 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
It has been working fine for me. I even verified it with my GTBANK naira mastercard; which means it is directly linked to my account.
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by NSNA: 1:47pm On Jun 16, 2012
shanda: It has been working fine for me. I even verified it with my GTBANK naira mastercard; which means it is directly linked to my account.

You mean Paypal?
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by Opoki(m): 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2012
Guy if you want your site to look "World-class" as i'm sure of, you need paypal and the only way to get it integrated to you site as payment processor is to have someone you trust in UK or in mere Ghana to open and verify it for you...
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by chrishenzo: 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2012
Though I haven't use them but I have had some good things about them. Paypal is still better.

If only our banks and our IT companies can follow the way of Chinese, Paypal should be the one competing with them.

1 Like

Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by Opoki(m): 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2012
Opoki: Guy if you want your site to look "World-class" as i'm sure of, you need paypal and the only way to get it integrated to you site as payment processor is to have someone you trust in UK or in mere Ghana to open and verify it for you...
But never try to access it with Nigerian Internet Protocol IP,else you regret!

1 Like

Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by mrperfect(m): 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2012
Is ok as far as we know.
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by SuperT(m): 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2012
It o.k and you can link it it with GTB Master card or Visa card.
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by mrrock: 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2012
@NSNA
Nigeria is not the only country not allowed by paypal. There are many countries also that's not allowed. Don't ask me simply check at paypal site or (google it). And it's not because of fraud. Biggest bank/credit card frauds come from USA, Russia, India, China, e.t.c and they are all paypal approved countries, again (google it).

@Topic
Paypal is not secure at all!!. If you are talking about security the most secure system is LibertyResereve unfortunately it's not popular.
If you know what you're doing online you can open and use paypal is Nigeria (for purchases only) maximum of $500 per month. I once opened 2 with my then intercontinental bank card and was using it for long before leaving. What paypal is after is not your IP really but the network or computer you are logging in from. Example; if you come to Nigeria from USA and log into your paypal it will be ''Limited'' until you verify certain info about your account. But if you log in with the same laptop you've been logging in before you wouldn't have problems.

1 Like

Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by mrrock: 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
@NSNA
Nigeria is not the only country not allowed by paypal. There are many countries also that's not allowed. Don't ask me simply check at paypal site or (google it). And it's not because of fraud. Biggest bank/credit card frauds come from USA, Russia, India, China, e.t.c and they are all paypal approved countries, again (google it).

@Topic
Paypal is not secure at all!!. If you are talking about security the most secure system is LibertyResereve unfortunately it's not popular.
If you know what you're doing online you can open and use paypal is Nigeria (for purchases only) maximum of $500 per month. I once opened 2 with my then intercontinental bank card and was using it for long before leaving. What paypal is after is not your IP really but the network or computer you are logging in from. Example; if you come to Nigeria from USA and log into your paypal it will be ''Limited'' until you verify certain info about your account. But if you log in with the same laptop you've been logging in before you wouldn't have problems.
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by collinslevi(m): 3:36pm On Jun 16, 2012
i knw how to open and verify paypal here in nigeria.you will also be using it for a very long time, no detection from usa.just call this if u want it 08179341517 .thanks
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by DualCore1: 3:45pm On Jun 16, 2012
Liberty reserve is more secure than Alertpay and Paypal.
I can send Paypal to anyone as long as I am logged into my Paypal account.

In liberty reserve you still require a Master Code to make a transfer.
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by Afam4eva(m): 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2012
All these payment gateways that are similar to paypal are relatively useless to me. These gateways are not accepted in a lot of well known websites, so they don't cut it for me. Alert me when paypal starts accepting Nigerians.
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by Afam4eva(m): 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2012
Dual Core: Liberty reserve is more secure than Alertpay and Paypal.

Liberty reserve is really safe but the users have to pay for it by having several passwords that comes in different names. As I'm talking to you right now, I don"t know my LR password, master key etc. I order for a new password when I want to login.
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by trigar12(m): 3:58pm On Jun 16, 2012
Inability for me to use paypal has been the biggest obstacle to me as an internet marketer. A BANK SHOULD COME OUT WITH AN IDEA TO PARTNER WITH THESE GUYS because no paypal no money online.
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by chuksme(m): 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
Liberty reservew is ok and well secured as it has so many pass keys to put before u can gain through
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by Oyedey4u(m): 4:06pm On Jun 16, 2012
Why disturb yourself with spilled milk, if paypal is not accepting Nigeria, then there are others who do, if you want to sell online and you consider alertpay not popular try GOOGLE CHECKOUT, or 2CHECKOUT they help you receive money across a wide variety of platform, paypal, mastercard and so on. so don't disturb yourself. if you need to buy from nigeria, with less than #1000 and less stress walk 2 any UBA bank close to you with your id card and two passport and collect your UBA AFRICARD. a visa card you load in naira 4 a cost of #100 and you can purchase anything with it online, you can use it to withdraw your online earnings also plus you can link it with you alertpay if you like...... fee is 2.75% of your pay, it's cheaper than GTBANK'S Nairamastercard that you obtain token of #3000 for...... Online transaction made simple, powered by CBN Cashless policy. Soon, paypal will be jealous

3 Likes

Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by Oyedey4u(m): 4:14pm On Jun 16, 2012
[b]
Oyedey4u: Why disturb yourself with spilled milk, if paypal is not accepting Nigeria, then there are others who do, if you want to sell online and you consider alertpay not popular try GOOGLE CHECKOUT, or 2CHECKOUT they help you receive money across a wide variety of platform, paypal, mastercard and so on. so don't disturb yourself. if you need to buy from nigeria, with less than #1000 and less stress walk 2 any UBA bank close to you with your id card and two passport and collect your UBA AFRICARD. a visa card you load in naira 4 a cost of #100 and you can purchase anything with it online, you can use it to withdraw your online earnings also plus you can link it with you alertpay if you like...... fee is 2.75% of your pay, it's cheaper than GTBANK'S Nairamastercard that you obtain token of #3000 for...... Online transaction made simple, powered by CBN Cashless policy. Soon, paypal will be jealous

This card is widely and internationally accepted. except on sites that has only paypal as their payment option
[/b]
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by neksummi(m): 4:28pm On Jun 16, 2012
Alertpay is ok. But paypal is better.
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2012
normaljenny: Paypal has refused us so we are to look elsewhere. I want adise on alertpay as recommended by some nairalanders. Pls I want to ask if alertpay is as internationally recognised, secure and reliable as paypal is. And can I integret it into my website as per receiving payment for my online sales. Please I would welcome advises from nairalanders that have knowledge of alertpay.
Thanks.

PayPal is still better.Period
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 5:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
trigar12: Inability for me to use paypal has been the biggest obstacle to me as an internet marketer. A BANK SHOULD COME OUT WITH AN IDEA TO PARTNER WITH THESE GUYS because no paypal no money online.

You are right man..................
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 5:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
No much talk as you can have a paypal account in Nigeria.

Anyway,if you do not want to have it,I can pay any amount for you with my verified paypal account as I can also help you to withdraw your cash and pay you in naira.
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 5:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
Note that you can as well be receiving credit card payment with alertpay............................

I have Liberty Reserve,AlertPay/Payza and PayPal but PayPal is still the most reliable of all.
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by purefella(m): 5:44pm On Jun 16, 2012
out!
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 5:46pm On Jun 16, 2012
Dual Core: Liberty reserve is more secure than Alertpay and Paypal.

It is a lie as Liberty Reserve is very easy to hack with some scripts send to you via inbox in which all your account login details will be mailed to the hacker and I've seen such of many of that in my mail and that of PayZA but I've never seen such a message in my PayPal email inbox.............
Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2012
mrrock: @NSNA

@Topic

You are talking about UNVERIFIED PayPal account in here while you can open a verified one without much hurdles from Nigeria as I do and that is not the best.OK?

1 Like

Re: Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal? by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
normaljenny: Paypal has refused us so we are to look elsewhere. I want adise on alertpay as recommended by some nairalanders. Pls I want to ask if alertpay is as internationally recognised, secure and reliable as paypal is. And can I integret it into my website as per receiving payment for my online sales. Please I would welcome advises from nairalanders that have knowledge of alertpay.
Thanks.

AlertPay is not internationally known like PayPal and I got to know this in a real world with a programme I do promote as

95% join the the programme with PayPal, 4% via AlertPay and 1% via CLICKBANK as I got to know this when the company mailed us that we are no longer

using alertpay since they changed to payza as they changed their policy as their payment gateway wasn't working any longer with the programme as they just made my marketing efforts to be of waste whereas PAYPAL link is still working and will still be working for life.

Infact,AlertPay was a great dissapointment to me.................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gulf Of Mexico Storm Pushes Oil Price To $66 / Nigerians Can Now Apply For Forex Online As CBN Deploys E-form ‘A’ / How Reliable Is Standard Life Investment Network As An Investment Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.