Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,085 members, 7,807,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. (1913 Views)

Would You Allow Your Parents To Chose For You A Husband/wife. / What Do Your Parents Call Each Other? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by acidtalk: 8:56pm On Jun 15, 2012
After a very disappointing day by two big headed clients I decided to stop at a lounge on the island before heading back home to rest for the day.

Clubbing isn't a regular thing for me, but with this mood of mine I thought of it since my friends have been yabbing me that I am gradually becoming a reverend father. I called up a good friend of mine whose house is just two streets from were I was, informed him of the idea of going clubbing to night and before I could finish my statement vola! This guy appeared at the lounge with another male friend of his and two gorgeously looking ladies.

We settled down chatting after a brief introduction and one thing let to another and the age thing came up. After we guy innocently saying our ages, lo and behold it was time for the ladies to open up on their ages as well. With much persuation, the taller and damsel looking ladie said she was 39years old, while the more chubby one said she was 36years old.

In my mind I was like "what the heck and you both haven't married and with no kids"?.

Just then, one of them (the older one) opened up and said she was 100% sure her predicament is as a handy work of her father. She claimed while her father was young, he cheated and played with the heart of girls like he was playing a ball game.

She said her father's relatives, friends, and even his parent (who are now late) have adviced the children severally on going for deliverance because none of his 6 daughters (age range of 33-45years) have stayed in a husband's house from morning to evening. She said the 3 sisters of hers who have one kid each all had them out of wedlock.

At a point, she couldn't hold the tears no more and hard to burst out loud in her cry. We had to all leave the lounge as we were drawing attention towards us due to her cry.

In the past, I have heard of "No sinner of sin will go unpurnished". Either the one who committed it or his/her children will surely suffer for the sin.

This brings me to the question, fellow nairalanders, you being a player today breaking girls heart left, right and centre praising yourself of being a player, have you for once sat down to think that someone(people) will eventually do same to your daughters and sons.

Mature contributions ONLY!!!
If you don't have anything meaningful to say, please use the "BACK" button on your phone to return to the previous page.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by ijebabe: 9:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
Acid, why do you and your friends tend to have these deep and sometimes depressing conversations? I dey fear hang out with you o! tongue

What goes around comes around. Karma's a b[i]i[/i]tch.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by acidtalk: 9:08pm On Jun 15, 2012
ijebabe: Acid, why do you and your friends tend to have these deep and sometimes depressing conversations? I dey fear hang out with you o! tongue

What goes around comes around. Karma's a b[i]i[/i]tch.

I try to always be around mature and well meaning individuals.

Not like we don't usually have our share of childish acts once a while, but having a friend(s) who give you something to go think deep about are what I term "true friends".

We can't go to the club again as everyone parted depressed, but at least we sure all have what to get us reflecting on over the long weekend.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by slimyem: 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2012
what goes around comes back around.
Its as simple as that!
..and now,we know you hung out at a club with your friends and two babes today-irrelevant information!cheesycheesy
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by acidtalk: 11:08pm On Jun 15, 2012
Royal-VII:
Oh so this thread for the Regular English speaking people?..

..Oh OK.
Yes now you have where you can communicate.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by acidtalk: 11:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
slimyem: what goes around comes back around.
Its as simple as that!
..and now,we know you hung out at a club with your friends and two babes today-irrelevant information!cheesycheesy

Oh no! Not again.
Just gave a clear picture of how the scenerio went. Just posting the question would have made less impact. Or don't you think so?

By the way, we couldn't go to the club because she spoilt the whole mood.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by Mynd44: 2:46am On Jun 16, 2012
They told you their ages and you believed them because? They might just be lying to spice up the "talk"
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by acidtalk: 6:17am On Jun 16, 2012
Mynd_44: They told you their ages and you believed them because? They might just be lying to spice up the "talk"

Spice kwanu? No!
The guy that brought them is their childhood friend, moreover they were quite ashamed initially to say their ages.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by Mynd44: 10:19am On Jun 16, 2012
acidtalk:

Spice kwanu? No!
The guy that brought them is their childhood friend, moreover they were quite ashamed initially to say their ages.
I still say never trust a lady to tell you her real age
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by drnoel: 11:15am On Jun 16, 2012
its the problem that arises when parents encroach in the lives of their children
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by Tyche(m): 11:48am On Jun 16, 2012
We are resposible for our actions and inactions. Nobody suffers for the sin of another.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by Cuddlemii: 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2012
@ Op, what club do you always go to that affords you the quietness and stillness to chat spiritual stuffs all the time. Very soon you would have a convo with a ghost or spirit that would show you her house in the grave. Just saying, you need to focus on what you went there for or get the deejay & bartender fired.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by Cuddlemii: 3:21pm On Jun 16, 2012
Anyways as for the topic, I don't agree. I used to have that mentality too but its a big lie. If you are prayerful and have a good relationship with God, nothing of such would occur.

Your tall lady friend should have gone for deliverance with her 6 or 9 sisters and all would have been well. I do believe in curses though but prayers breaks curses. When women don't get married and have gotten to that age of 36-40, its their own sins they are suffering from or their own mistake or they are just not wife materials or they are not wise or its just destiny(not every woman would get married).

If this theory was entirely true, then how come blood money fathers, aristo mothers, ex-cons kids keep getting married before the church goer's children. Your life's predicament is your own destiny, path and what was written and not your parent's sins. Your parents lived their lives, you live yours and to secure yours, you get yourself fortified with what you serve and believe in. God just made parents as guardians, at the end we would all atone for our sins by our selves. God can see who actually committed the sin and would never punish an innocent person.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by xynerise: 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2012
@topic. Thats nature.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by acidtalk: 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2012
Cuddlemii: Anyways as for the topic, I don't agree. I used to have that mentality too but its a big lie. If you are prayerful and have a good relationship with God, nothing of such would occur.

Your tall lady friend should have gone for deliverance with her 6 or 9 sisters and all would have been well. I do believe in curses though but prayers breaks curses. When women don't get married and have gotten to that age of 36-40, its their own sins they are suffering from or their own mistake or they are just not wife materials or they are not wise or its just destiny(not every woman would get married).

If this theory was entirely true, then how come blood money fathers, aristo mothers, ex-cons kids keep getting married before the church goer's children. Your life's predicament is your own destiny, path and what was written and not your parent's sins. Your parents lived their lives, you live yours and to secure yours, you get yourself fortified with what you serve and believe in. God just made parents as guardians, at the end we would all atone for our sins by our selves. God can see who actually committed the sin and would never punish an innocent person.

Are you aware God takes time to purnish sinners. Their purnishment comes gradually and frustratingly.

Like life it, we are all entitled to our beliefs though.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by Mynd44: 4:20pm On Jun 16, 2012
^^
I disagree
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by Cuddlemii: 4:47pm On Jun 16, 2012
acidtalk:

Are you aware God takes time to purnish sinners. Their purnishment comes gradually and frustratingly.

Like life it, we are all entitled to our beliefs though.

How do you know the pattern God uses for punishment? I am not God but all I know is you wont suffer for another man’s sin except you were part of it or you are not prayerful. So are you saying, for eg, a deaconess of God who helps the needy children would suffer for her father’s sin because the father was once a player? If that is the case, where does faith come in and why do we worship only to be judged by someone else’s sin. I know sinful things I would rather do on a Sunday morning but for the mere fact that I acknowledge God then my parent’s sin is their business. God is a just God!
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 16, 2012
You just met these lady and bam they got into telling you stories of their life and family history? Classy ladies. I don't believe in nothing, nothing at all. Except make money, live life and die when it's time.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by Mynd44: 4:58pm On Jun 16, 2012
See as cuddle turn to pastor
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by greedie1(f): 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2012
The only time d sins of the father is visited on the children is wen they tow the line of their father... If they emulate Christ in their daily lives, der is no way such curse ll hang on dem cos the blood of Jesus does a good work of redemption.

i do not believe dat we should suffer for things we know nothing about, not wen we make God's word a standard for our lives
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2012
Bottom up, there's no such ish as sins of the fathers. More like when u meet 10 diff ho's and all 10 of em tells the same stories both in Vegas, LA,TX and NY. Your so called friends are pretty much seeking for pity. Did u propose grin
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by acidtalk: 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2012
Cuddlemii: @ Op, what club do you always go to that affords you the quietness and stillness to chat spiritual stuffs all the time. Very soon you would have a convo with a ghost or spirit that would show you her house in the grave. Just saying, you need to focus on what you went there for or get the deejay & bartender fired.

Comprehension and Composition in English Language were made compulsory in school weren't day?

Instead of being too eager to critisize, you should have read through the writeup again for better assimilation.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by acidtalk: 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2012
REALITY101: You just met these lady and bam they got into telling you stories of their life and family history? Classy ladies. I don't believe in nothing, nothing at all. Except make money, live life and die when it's time.

Like da spirit.
Keep it up.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by bily(m): 9:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
Biblically, curses or punishment for sins could be generational, typical example is the curse upon Adam and eve. So this is the general trend of sins perpetuated by our parents or typical bloodline.

Having said that, the Bible makes it clear that there is a new covenant that supersedes the old system. in this new system, we have an understanding that "cursed is He who was hung on a tree (Christ)" meaning HE has taken all the curses on our behalf. We also understand He gives us a clean slate by making our "scarlet sins as white as snow".

When you begin to walk in the light of the new system, u are called BLESSED just like the story where a king told a prophet to curse the Lords children and when the prophet was about to curse them, he came out and declared "these ones the Lord has BLESSED and I CANNOT REVERSE it"

So with this I believe the sins of our parents will not have generational effect on us if we are in Christ. This is Africa and especially in Nigeria any little challenge in life people will say you should go for deliverance that someone somewhere or one dead ancestral curse is worrying you.Christians have given so much power to the devil and Africa magic is not helping maters and it now seems like God is less powerful.people actually fear evil more than fearing God.

In this life they'll always be UPS and downs cos there is a time and season for everything doesn't necessarily mean a curse is in effect.

does that then mean we should live a careless life? No life is about creating a balance that is why "wisdom is the principal thing and it's profitable to direct. Christians are not perfect(but striving towards it by His grace) and we will make mistakes or sin from time to time andwe should be ready to accept responsibility for our actions but not that person go now dey live in fear cos of Werin ya papa or grandpa Don do wey you no even sabi, Dat one Na Lie Abeg!
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by lawrenzoo: 5:47am On Aug 08, 2012
My Brother, years back, my mother fell in Love with a guy so deep and they both loved themselves, they were at the peak of their wedding plan until the whole thing got scattered by my father who used charm to force my mum to bed and married her which is a sin. That is why I am so scared of my present relationship right now, she is a good girl and I am a good guy. I believe in a faithful relationship and my heart is so much in it but the question is, I hope the sin of my father will not be visited on me by allowing someone else to take her away from me.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by tpia5: 6:52am On Aug 08, 2012
bily: Biblically, curses or punishment for sins could be generational, typical example is the curse upon Adam and eve. So this is the general trend of sins perpetuated by our parents or typical bloodline.

Having said that, the Bible makes it clear that there is a new covenant that supersedes the old system. in this new system, we have an understanding that "cursed is He who was hung on a tree (Christ)" meaning HE has taken all the curses on our behalf. We also understand He gives us a clean slate by making our "scarlet sins as white as snow".

When you begin to walk in the light of the new system, u are called BLESSED just like the story where a king told a prophet to curse the Lords children and when the prophet was about to curse them, he came out and declared "these ones the Lord has BLESSED and I CANNOT REVERSE it"

So with this I believe the sins of our parents will not have generational effect on us if we are in Christ. This is Africa and especially in Nigeria any little challenge in life people will say you should go for deliverance that someone somewhere or one dead ancestral curse is worrying you.Christians have given so much power to the devil and Africa magic is not helping maters and it now seems like God is less powerful.people actually fear evil more than fearing God.

In this life they'll always be UPS and downs cos there is a time and season for everything doesn't necessarily mean a curse is in effect.

does that then mean we should live a careless life? No life is about creating a balance that is why "wisdom is the principal thing and it's profitable to direct. Christians are not perfect(but striving towards it by His grace) and we will make mistakes or sin from time to time andwe should be ready to accept responsibility for our actions but not that person go now dey live in fear cos of Werin ya papa or grandpa Don do wey you no even sabi, Dat one Na Lie Abeg!

you're right but the issue is two, three or more fold.

there's a spiritual aspect, and there's a physical aspect dealing with our physical lives.

there's no vacuum in nature, and sins of the past have a way of catching up with the present.

God makes it rain on both the just and unjust, and this shows its not everything that we humans can understand.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by tpia5: 6:55am On Aug 08, 2012
lawrenzoo: My Brother, years back, my mother fell in Love with a guy so deep and they both loved themselves, they were at the peak of their wedding plan until the whole thing got scattered by my father who used charm to force my mum to bed and married her which is a sin. That is why I am so scared of my present relationship right now, she is a good girl and I am a good guy. I believe in a faithful relationship and my heart is so much in it but the question is, I hope the sin of my father will not be visited on me by allowing someone else to take her away from me.

few questions for you:

1. who told you your father used charms to marry your mum? Not saying it doesnt happen, just asking where you got the information.

2. How long did the marriage last?

3. what happened to the first guy? Did he go on to marry someone else?

4. was he okay with whoever he married eventually, or did he remain bitter at your father?

5. whoever told you such- what was their motive in doing so?

6. How many years after the incident of charms, were you told of it?

7. Give more details on how the charms were used to force your mum into bed.

8. what was your mum's relationship with your dad before he used the charms to get her. Was he a friend, stranger, boyfriend, what exactly?

your answers would be much appreciated.

I need to have more information before i can give an opinion on this matter.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by pleep(m): 7:01am On Aug 08, 2012
Well written post, refreshing. But I think the karma for being a player is AIDS.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by acidtalk: 8:48am On Aug 09, 2012
pleep: Well written post, refreshing. But I think the karma for being a player is AIDS.

Before the AIDS surfaces it might be one or more terrible heartbreaks and dissapointments.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by tpia5: 4:57pm On Aug 10, 2012
karma usually works after people have long forgotten the original incident.

i could be wrong about this though.
Re: Suffering For The Sins Of Your Parents. by acidtalk: 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2012
You are definitely not wrong.
My mum used to say then that"when you see someone sufferying, pity them a little because you sure done know what they have done in the past".

Some people are miserable for things they considered trivial then like breaking up with a girl who have sacrificed all, or cheating with the best friend's girlfriend or even duping a business associate who trusted you whole heartedly.

(1) (Reply)

What Race Are You Attracted To? / Why Do Fat Ladies This? / The Poem I Wrote To Propose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.