Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? (2930 Views)

Guy With No Car At 26 Irresponsible? Some Girls Still Think Like This In 2016? / A Short Story Of A Promiscuous Guy. (with Photos) / Can You Date A Guy With Any Of These? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by london2lasgidi(m): 5:25am On Jun 16, 2012
I want to know if anyone on here can marry a guy with dyslexia.
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 16, 2012
Did someone say unconditional love? cheesy
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:01am On Jun 16, 2012
sexkillz: Did someone say unconditional love? cheesy
Y u up so early? Me no likey dis ur new job if dis d case o!

@op
Wots d biggie? Normal guy without it sef dey dense and slow anyway
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 16, 2012
No.
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:05am On Jun 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
No.
shocked
Really? If I may ask, y?
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 16, 2012
Complicated lol. cheesy
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:11am On Jun 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Complicated lol. cheesy
Tell me! Nowwwwwww!!!! angry
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 16, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Y u up so early? Me no likey dis ur new job if dis d case o!

@op
Wots d biggie? Normal guy without it sef dey dense and slow anyway

I'm never on bed this time, though.

Ileke, why no?
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:13am On Jun 16, 2012
sexkillz: I'm never on bed this time, though.

Ileke, why no?

Hmmm.....

Gat my eyes on ya! Son!!!
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 16, 2012
sexkillz: I'm never on bed this time, though.

Ileke, why no?
Idowuogbo:
Tell me! Nowwwwwww!!!! angry

It's quite a simple reason, but NL will complicate it because NL does not understand me (lol I sound like a teenager).

Not to say that dyslexic men are not smart, but it will take a lot of hard work and often times tutoring does not yield effective result. Esp amongst "ethnic" group like Nigeria who RARELY seek both medical/academic help on such subject.

To make my point, I love intelligent men. That's the 2nd thing that gets my attention, not to say that Dyslexics are retar ded. Anywaz I fear passing on such predicament to my children.

It all boils down to preference.
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 16, 2012
cool
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

It's quite a simple reason, but NL will complicate it because NL does not understand me (lol I sound like a teenager).

Not to say that dyslexic men are not smart, but it will take a lot of hard work and often times tutoring does not yield effective result. Esp amongst "ethnic" group like Nigeria who RARELY seek both medical/academic help on such subject.

To make my point, I love intelligent men. That's the 2nd thing that gets my attention, not to say that Dyslexics are retar ded. Anywaz I fear passing on such predicament to my children.

Abegi. . . Even if he looks like those men you wanna dig your teeth into? tongue
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:23am On Jun 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

God save u! Me thinking u'll come up wiv "dey hardly cute, I love my Calvin Klein models"
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 16, 2012
sexkillz: Abegi. . . Even if he looks like those men you wanna dig your teeth into? tongue

So you were the one who moved it, na wa.

Anywaz, if dyslexia has not been treated by the age he dates, probability that it will be treated later on in life is very very low. It'd be like dating a man whose reading level/ social skill is at a primary level.
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 16, 2012
Idowuogbo:

God save u! Me thinking u'll come up wiv "dey hardly cute, I love my Calvin Klein models"

I see. And exactly why would I come up with that on such a delicate subject as this?
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 16, 2012
Dyslexia is a very broad term defining a learning disability that impairs a person's fluency or comprehension accuracy in being able to read,[1] and which can manifest itself as a difficulty with phonological awareness, phonological decoding, orthographic coding, auditory short-term memory, or rapid naming.[2][3] Dyslexia is distinct from reading difficulties resulting from other causes, such as a non-neurological deficiency with vision or hearing, or from poor or inadequate reading instruction.[4][5] It is believed that dyslexia can affect between 5 and 10 percent of a given population although there have been no studies to indicate an accurate percentage.[6][7][8]

There are three proposed cognitive subtypes of dyslexia: auditory, visual and attentional.[7][9][10][11][12][13] Reading disabilities, or dyslexia, is the most common learning disability, although in research literature it is considered to be a receptive language-based learning disability.[14] Researchers at MIT found that people with dyslexia exhibited impaired voice-recognition abilities.[15]

Adult dyslexics can read with good comprehension, but they tend to read more slowly than non-dyslexics and perform more poorly at spelling and nonsense word reading, a measure of phonological awareness.[16] Dyslexia and IQ are not interrelated as a result of cognition developing independently.

Now the topic is easier to debate cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

So you were the one who moved it, na wa.

Anywaz, if dyslexia has not been treated by the age he dates, probability that it will be treated later on in life is very very low. It'd be like dating a man whose reading level/ social skill is at a primary level.
You dodged the question. . .
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:27am On Jun 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I see. And exactly why would I come up with that on such a delicate subject as this?
Dunno! U have a point tho!
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 16, 2012
Appears bright, highly intelligent, and articulate but unable to read, write, or spell at grade level.

Read more: http://www.dyslexia.com/library/symptoms.htm#ixzz1xwHNcf8X

Exactly how does a man appear highly intelligent if he's unable to read/writ/spell at a grade level? We're talking about a grown azz man here, not a child who still has chances of being teated.

Seems to "Zone out" or daydream often; gets lost easily or loses track of time.

Difficulty sustaining attention; seems "hyper" or "daydreamer."

Not really a good thing for relationship

Reads and rereads with little comprehension.

How's he going to keep a professional job in today's world?

Difficulty putting thoughts into words; speaks in halting phrases; leaves sentences incomplete; stutters under stress; mispronounces long words, or transposes phrases, words, and syllables when speaking.

Clumsy, uncoordinated, poor at ball or team sports; difficulties with fine and/or gross motor skills and tasks; prone to motion-sickness.

Not good.
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 16, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Dunno! U have a point tho!

smiley

sexkillz: You dodged the question. . .

Still No.
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

smiley

Still No.
Hmm
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Goldieluks: 8:39am On Jun 16, 2012
I do not see anything wrong in marrying a dyslexic. They are normal people too.
I had a mentor at Uni who was dyslexic, and a course mate of mine too. The issue about
them being dyslexic is that they tends to forget spellings of some words, and also it
takes a bit of time for them to keep up with others in terms of exam deadline.

I know that dyslexic cases are different, but it does not affect their mental state, so that they
become a 'no no' when it comes to marriage.
My POV.
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by xynerise: 8:48am On Jun 16, 2012
london2lasgidi: I want to know if anyone on here can marry a guy with dyslexia.
Love is deaf cool
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by BlackBaron: 9:11am On Jun 16, 2012
Yes I would, nowt wrong with them.

Once had a dyslexic ex, apart from muddling up her spellings from time to time, she could read perfectly and did everything just about right.

Nigerian society is generally biased bout dyslexic people and there is still a lack of awareness bout the condition. Even some teachers have never heard that term
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by queensmith: 9:24am On Jun 16, 2012
nothing wrong with it, he'll just jumble up a word or two, refuse to read any book you give him and send funny text messages, i actually find it kinda cute.
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by tellwisdom: 10:00am On Jun 16, 2012
queensmith: nothing wrong with it, he'll just jumble up a word or two, refuse to read any book you give him and send funny text messages, i actually find it kinda cute.

Can i do small?? wink wink. It wont pain u undecided
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by Mynd44: 10:03am On Jun 16, 2012
No. Like someone said, I am also attracted to intelligent women who are sharp and fast. Noting personal just my taste
Re: Can You Marry A Guy With Dyslexia? by gynny(f): 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
Dyslexia symptoms differ from person to person, each individual with dyslexia will manifest unique strengths and weaknesses. There is no cure for dyslexia, but children with dyslexia can succeed in school with the help of tutoring or specialized education programs. Click on the link below to read more on dyslexia

(1) (Reply)

Which Do U Prefer? / How To Treat Your Girl / The Girl..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.