Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? (51178 Views)

How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 11, 2015
Ikenna351:

If USA and Canada market is what you called world market, then you need to re-study the planet Earth.

As for your "Never buy a Peugeot", I am on the fought one and they have all been amazing experiences to me. But then, not everyone understands and appreciates good life. Majority have conditioned themselves to the point that boring life has become a perfect one for them.

You are missing out.

Ikenna
Lol missing out in a Mercedes?... grin hilarious...

3 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 9:33am On Mar 11, 2015
SmartChoices:

And Last time I checked, a Cub Peugeot 308 contested and beat Benz 600 S-class, last year, 2014. That explains a lot.

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by abatically(m): 11:11am On Mar 11, 2015
SmartChoices:

To some people if u are not driving a failure Peugeot then u are missing. Truly hilarious.

3 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
Ikenna351:

And Last time I checked, a Cub Peugeot 308 contested and beat Benz 600 S-class, last year, 2014. That explains a lot.

Ikenna

600 S class ke .....what's my own with that?.... My w202 c class..w210 E200...w204...211 done finish?... IIkenn351 be realistic...

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
abatically:

To some people if u are not driving a failure Peugeot then u are missing. Truly hilarious.

You dey hear Ikenna351...
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
abatically:

In my opinion only a man desirous of hardships drives a Peugeot and dares to compare a Peugeot with Mercedes.... Talk of being deluded and ignorant!

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 11:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
SmartChoices:

In my opinion only a man desirous of hardships drives a Peugeot and dares to compare a Peugeot with Mercedes.... Talk of being deluded and ignorant!

Well, I started with a V6 Lion. I didn't see hardship. Instead, the same year I started with the V6 Lion, more blessings showered on me that I got a 2nd V6 Lion. About a year later, I added another V6 Lion. I was prospering, because I was happy and good things kept coming to me. Now, another V6 lion has been added. All because my lions makes me the happiest man on Earth and God bless me with my heart desires: More happiness.

Who is right and wrong now?

Ikenna

5 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 12, 2015
Ikenna351:

Well, I started with a V6 Lion. I didn't see hardship. Instead, the same year I started with the V6 Lion, more blessings showered on me that I got a 2nd V6 Lion. About a year later, I added another V6 Lion. I was prospering, because I was happy and good things kept coming to me. Now, another V6 lion has been added. All because my lions makes me the happiest man on Earth and God bless me with my heart desires: More happiness.

Who is right and wrong now?

Ikenna

And you practically became a mechanic! You think that's the joy of owning a vehicle... You're not been truthful and you enjoy leading people astray...sincerely no sane car owner ever dreams of his car turning him or her to a mechanic which your Peugeot has turned you into....every car owners dream is to drive his car without hassles and if any issue comes up he'd be able to get an expert to fix it within a reasonable amount of resources
.time n money! But lo and behold you have become a mechanic and you are still looking for co travellers cos misery as they say loves company! Yet you boast comparing a Mercedes with Peugeot! Its an abomination an abominable utterance that requires adequate punishment... Lomomike see your colleague rescue him before I take him to the cleaners!

7 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by nurey(m): 9:03am On Mar 12, 2015
SmartChoices:

And you practically became a mechanic! You think that's the joy of owning a vehicle... You're not been truthful and you enjoy leading people astray...sincerely no sane car owner ever dreams of his car turning him or her to a mechanic which your Peugeot has turned you into....every car owners dream is to drive his car without hassles and if any issue comes up he'd be able to get an expert to fix it within a reasonable amount of resources
.time n money! But lo and behold you have become a mechanic and you are still looking for co travellers cos misery as they say loves company! Yet you boast comparing a Mercedes with Peugeot! Its an abomination an abominable utterance that requires adequate punishment... Lomomike see your colleague rescue him before I take him to the cleaners!

1. "You practically became a mechanic" that should tell you how easy it is to understand the peugeot system hence prompting the owner to have full knowledge on how to repair it.

2."Comparing a merc with lion" I can compare a kia picanto to a merc A class because they are in the same segment, any car can be compared to any car, the difference is one has luxury and premium to offer and the other may have only one. During my secondary school days, channels TV used to air top gear then and I never miss, I see them comparing different cars in different segments renault, benz bmw etc together so what's the big deal.

3. In the early 2000 I lived with a family friend and their dad had a peugeot 504 he was working with flour mills then his 504 hand brake had 5 rotatable locks which u must get the number combination right else you can't release it. I doubt if benz had that kind of simple security tech back then.

4. Peugeot still make quality cars and they are as reliable as any other car manufacturer they just don't like abuse and we know naija car owners, nah so so abuse them like for their car.

5. Don't be paranoid about Mr ikenna's love of the lions, he has tested and trusted them and the only logical thing to do is to STAND BY THEM, as I will always stand by my TOYOTA.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by abatically(m): 10:29am On Mar 12, 2015
nurey:

2."Comparing a merc with lion" I can compare a kia picanto to a merc A class because they are in the same segment, any car can be compared to any car, the difference is one has luxury and premium to offer and the other may have only one. During my secondary school days, channels TV used to air top gear then and I never miss, I see them comparing different cars in different segments renault, benz bmw etc together so what's the big deal.

We can compare different cars based on their class, but only someone with a completely BIASED mind would even think of comparing a Peugeot 308 with a Mercedes Benz S class. Any person that does that should never be taken seriously, u sef think am. For someone to even think a Peeugeot 308 is better than a Mercedes Benz S class, then that person will also tell u a peugeot 206 is better than a G Wagon. No wonder someone here said a Peugeot 505 is his favorite full sized luxury sedan even when it is obvious the car is not even a full sized not to talk of luxury sedan.

This

Against this

And then this

Against this

angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by nurey(m): 10:41am On Mar 12, 2015
abatically:

We can compare different cars based on their class, but only someone with a completely BIASED mind would even think of comparing a Peugeot 308 with a Mercedes Benz S class. Any person that does that should never be taken seriously, u sef think am. For someone to even think a Peeugeot 308 is better than a Mercedes Benz S class, then that person will also tell u a peugeot 206 is better than a G Wagon. No wonder someone here said a Peugeot 505 is his favorite full sized luxury sedan even when it is obvious the car is not even a full sized not to talk of luxury sedan.

Well he must have blown that out of proportion he was only exaggerating grin can't u guys take a joke

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 10:47am On Mar 12, 2015
nurey:

Well he must have blown that out of proportion he was only exaggerating grin can't u guys take a joke

Peugeot 308 wins European Car of the Year 2014

"The Peugeot 308 has won the European Car of the Year award. The voting announcement has become the first big event of the Geneva Show every year.

This time it was an intriguing battle between a fairly radical 'normal car', the Peugeot, and two extremely radical not-normal cars, the BMW i8 and the Tesla Model S.

But the rest of the seven-strong shortlisted collected favour too. Most years there's a lame runner or two at the back, but this time the other four cars were all close, and far from disgrace.

Here are the exact points, awarded by 56 judges from around Europe.

1. Peugeot 308: 307 points
2. BMW i3: 223
3. Tesla Model S: 216
4. Citroen C4 Picasso: 182
5. Mazda3: 180
6. Skoda Octavia: 172
7. Mercedes S-Class: 170 "

Source: Find below:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/peugeot/peugeot-308-wins-european-car-of-the-year-2014/

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/peugeot/peugeot-308-thp-156-2014-review/

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/Peugeot-308-European-Car-of-the-Year-2014-03-03

Good morning everyone.

Ikenna

4 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by abatically(m): 10:56am On Mar 12, 2015
nurey:

Unfortunately he wasn't joking.

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 12, 2015
nurey:

1. "You practically became a mechanic" that should tell you how easy it is to understand the peugeot system hence prompting the owner to have full knowledge on how to repair it.

3. In the early 2000 I lived with a family friend and their dad had a peugeot 504 he was working with flour mills then his 504 hand brake had 5 rotatable locks which u must get the number combination right else you can't release it. I doubt if benz had that kind of simple security tech back then.

4. Peugeot still make quality cars and they are as reliable as any other car manufacturer they just don't like abuse and we know naija car owners, nah so so abuse them like for their car.

5. Don't be paranoid about Mr ikenna's love of the lions, he has tested and trusted them and the only logical thing to do is to STAND BY THEM, as I will always stand by my TOYOTA.

Nurey I appreciate your love for the Toyota brand but I refuse to accept the Peugeot as a reliable car! Mind you I own a Peugeot... Landrover ....Mercedes but I can assure you the Peugeot is a nightmarish ride....Ikenna should stop conning people into his Peugeot affairs... He should let them know the sorrows and nightmares involved in owning a Peugeot.... I mean nightmares that are dreadful. Thanks for your contributions nurrey do enjoy your Toyota brands....

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 12, 2015
nurey:

As you can see ikenna351 was not joking.... He's really delusional about the Peugeot that he mistakes them for something else....nurey like I said enjoy your Toyota brand... I admire n respect the brand but not Peugeot nope!

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 9:46pm On Mar 12, 2015
Please, anyone interested or wants to understand Peugeot 607 systems and how to enjoy reliability and durability it offers, can ask and I will do my best to clarify and explain them to you. Thank you.

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2015
And I will be here to point out all the reasons y you should not buy such a evil ride
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Raymie(m): 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
abatically:

And what makes Peugeots a failure? At least let's consider all these 505s that do saharan tours and 504s that carry plantains and jerrycans meant for trucks. Or is it the 504/05-508 used as fleet vehicles by government/corporate bodies/security corps. Its all in the maintenance and intended use. We're privileged to own at some point Peugeot, Toyota and Merc cars . Each has her merits n issues. Buh if I'm embarking on a trip, I use the Pug. Or the Merc.
Treat yhur vehicle well, yhu'd be whistling happy tunes all day. Treat them badly and BP+leaking pocket yhur portion. I use a 407 with the same engine displacement as @OP's ex 607 and a ton more electrics and I still discover new things about her.
@Ikenna351, what parameters did yhur Euro body use to arrive at their conclusion? 308 to S600? That's beyond David and Goliath. Yhur love for Peugeot is fanatical tho.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Cyberknight: 10:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
Ikenna351:

Peugeot 308 wins European Car of the Year 2014

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/peugeot/peugeot-308-wins-european-car-of-the-year-2014/

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/peugeot/peugeot-308-thp-156-2014-review/

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/Peugeot-308-European-Car-of-the-Year-2014-03-03

Good morning everyone.

Ikenna

Those three lunatics on Top Gear did a rather funny show about Peugeot on March 1st (Season 22, Episode 5). Peugeot fans are not laughing and it was a bit overboard as almost everything they do is, but I found it most interesting....
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Raymie(m): 11:11pm On Mar 12, 2015
Cyberknight:

Those three lunatics on Top Gear did a rather funny show about Peugeot on March 1st (Season 22, Episode 5). Peugeot fans are not laughing and it was a bit overboard as almost everything they do is, but I found it most interesting....
wherr can I stream?
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Cyberknight: 11:22pm On Mar 12, 2015
No idea, I'm afraid. I watched it on the BBC. Perhaps you could try YouTube, there's usually some cam footage of recent shows to be found there.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by abatically(m): 12:02am On Mar 13, 2015
Raymie:
wherr can I stream?

Watch it here. Fast forward to 42 minutes upwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owykyESAU54
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 7:55am On Mar 13, 2015
I woke up this morning, feeling so happy and grateful for having/owning Peugeot 607 V6 (phase II).

So please, I am here to help you, if you have anything you want to know about such a wonderful lion. Good morning everyone.

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Cyberknight: 8:59am On Mar 13, 2015
abatically:

Watch it here. Fast forward to 42 minutes upwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owykyESAU54

Nice one, thanks. I downloaded the file today, I think this is one of Top Gear's better features on their shows. I personally tend to agree with them somewhat on this one - Peugeot has put out some awful cars lately and the 607 and 407 are simply not up to its earlier and more celebrated offerings. I used to own a 505, (bought a 10 year-old GTI in 2001 and owned it for 11 years), so I'm no random Pug-basher; the central premise of this feature, however clownishly presented, is spot on.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by labodeolu(m): 2:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
SmartChoices:

Jexox grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Raymie(m): 9:21pm On Mar 13, 2015
Just finished watching the clip. Hilarious I must say, even though my car's sister was put in the fray. However one thing I want us to observe was while they trashed the cars about, look at the body composition, hardly any major dents and bumpers falling and trailing off. Big scrapes on Hammond's car however. Now let them try that on an 06 corolla/EOD/camry or C class, I'm sure they wouldn't fare so well.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by abatically(m): 9:40pm On Mar 13, 2015
Raymie:
Just finished watching the clip. Hilarious I must say, even though my car's sister was put in the fray. However one thing I want us to observe was while they trashed the cars about, look at the body composition, hardly any major dents and bumpers falling and trailing off. Big scrapes on Hammond's car however. Now let them try that on an 06 corolla/EOD/camry or C class, I'm sure they wouldn't fare so well.

U fail to get the gist. It wasn't about the ruggedity of the cars based on the body, it was about reliability and cars being able to work when u need them. Any car will dent when subjected to the kind of hardship those Peugeots went through.... Eod, corolla, Camry, c class, Ferrari, or Bugatti.

However what they tried to show us was how unpredictable newer Peugeots are especially in the area of electrical problems (even though some people will deny that). Clarke demonstrated that with the 306 cc where the window refused to go down on one end.

Anyway, in Hammond's voice, 'For the past decade, Peugeot has deliberately decided to make terrible cars'.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Cyberknight: 9:51pm On Mar 13, 2015
abatically:

U fail to get the gist. It wasn't about the ruggedity of the cars based on the body, it was about reliability and cars being able to work when u need them. Any car will dent when subjected to the kind of hardship those Peugeots went through.... Eod, corolla, Camry, c class, Ferrari, or Bugatti.

However what they tried to show us was how unpredictable newer Peugeots are especially in the area of electrical problems (even though some people will deny that). Clarke demonstrated that with the 306 cc where the window refused to go down on one end.

Anyway, in Hammond's voice, 'For the past decade, Peugeot has deliberately decided to make terrible cars'.

Precisely. Or when Clarkson pretended to set the car on fire by repeatedly pressing the temperature control. The aim of the feature was to show up the glitches and alleged poor build quality of those cars as opposed to Peugeot's better offerings. The mucking about with the turn circle and all that was all very exaggerated of course, but the point was made - those cars, coming from a reputable manufacturer like Peugeot, do seem to be a result of deliberate intention, not omission.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by abatically(m): 10:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
Cyberknight:

Precisely. Or when Clarkson pretended to set the car on fire by repeatedly pressing the temperature control. The aim of the feature was to show up the glitches and alleged poor build quality of those cars as opposed to Peugeot's better offerings. The mucking about with the turn circle and all that was all very exaggerated of course, but the point was made - those cars, coming from a reputable manufacturer like Peugeot, do seem to be a result of deliberate intention, not omission.

Yes, point was made, though exerggerated. Of this video was made by a Nigerian then 'kazeem' would have taken all the blames.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Raymie(m): 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
abatically:

Basically Hammond had issues with the instrumentation layout of his 307cc. That fire incident is exaggerated. And Jeremy just decided to trash his 407 for no reason. My take, Peugeot cars while not bland as Toyota aren't designed to evoke o la las like her other Eurocars. Even citroen/Renault part of the PSA group, produce far sexier cars. However, peugeots in this parts are bought or their practicality, endurance and sturdiness. Every automaker has their target market. Some are after luxury, others performance driven. Peugeot offers mid level luxury at lower cost than competition. At least I love my dash, and my colleagues are wowed by the array of gadgets my car has for its model year and my climate control hasn't caught fire yet. If the brand was such a failure as yhu put it, or evil as smartchoice describes it, then our maintenance averse corporate bodies and institutions would not buy into it would they? And for troublesome electrics, I await TopGear's analysis of the 2001-2010 VWPassat/Jetta.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
I said it! Ik just looking for co travelers in misery by encouraging people to purchase cars that were deliberately mismanufactured...by Peugeot itself...by deliberately producing terrible vehicles for decades! A word is enough for the wise!....by cars that will not turn you to a mechanic like ikenna351!...cars are a means to a end and not the end in itself!

abatically:

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Raymie(m): 10:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
Cyberknight:

So, yhu mean to tell me that a brand with a lot at stake will just deliberately go out and create moving disasters to achieve what? Which brand does not have complaints of poor build? LandRovers/RangeRovers have almost never seemed to get their dashboards right . Same with Toyota. The Merc is widely known for rust issues. Recent offerings have not seemed to solve that. (my boss has a 2010 c300 with rust. The Japs have a myriad of issues from mild to life threatening. I've watched Top Gear ridicule the BMW x6 and the Tesla Roadster so bad. So if we're to go by their reviews, many cars we currently drive wouldn't be on the road.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers / 2019 Toyota Hiace Bus Unveiled (photos) / Container Falls On Range Rover In Oyo, Truck Driver Flees (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.