Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,830 members, 7,806,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? (6540 Views)

Can Guys Successfully Have A Platonic Relationship With The Opposite Sex? / 17 Signs You Have Romantic Feelings For A “platonic Friend” / Is It Slutty If I Call A Platonic Friend For Sexx Right Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
I dated a girl for about a year(she left me recently) and we weren't intimate. I have a female friend who started dating after us and she has been intimate with her man on a number of times. The guy actually took her virginity while I left mine as a virgin she was when I met her. This other friend told me that it was because we weren't intimate that's why she left me. I don't believe her though. I need comments from you guys please on the real deal.

The moderator should pls move this to the frong page, I need help, thanks.
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by RealBitch(f): 1:56pm On Jun 16, 2012
jammyng: I need help,.
obviously

1 Like

Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 16, 2012
I doubt she left because of that. undecided
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Mynd44: 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2012
There is more to it than you see dude
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by claremont(m): 5:59pm On Jun 16, 2012
Personally, I don't understand how you will date a girl for a whole year without sleeping with her. I'm totally in support of the argument that maybe she thought you were incapable of functioning properly in the bedroom.
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2012
claremont: Personally, I don't understand how you will date a girl for a whole year without sleeping with her. I'm totally in support of the argument that maybe she thought you were incapable of functioning properly in the bedroom.
it's abt wat I believe than non-performance

1 Like

Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
So, someone told you a girl left you because you did not bed her, and you believed? Now, i don't know who is more ignorant. Ask that quack teacher of yours why girls also leave guys that has slept with them 10 times over. . .

A platonic relationship dos not involve sex. Feelings might develop if you see too much of the person and if your discussions are mostly based on romance. If you start having feelings for your supposedly platonic friend, pls define the relationship and ask them out once and for all, and stop giving new meanings to the word, platonic. . . Smh.

5 Likes

Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2012
sexkillz: So, someone told you a girl left you because you did not bed her, and you believed? Now, i don't know who is more ignorant. Ask that quack teacher of yours why girls also leave guys that has slept with them 10 times over. . .

A platonic relationship dos not involve sex. Feelings might develop if you see too much of the person and if your discussions are mostly based on romance. If you start having feelings for your supposedly platonic friend, pls define the relationship and ask them out once and for all, and stop giving new meanings to the word, platonic. . . Smh.
firstly, I didn't accept wat my friend told me abt not having sex. And I know my definition of platonic, we can be in love but no sex until marriage.

1 Like

Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
jammyng: firstly, I didn't accept wat my friend told me abt not having sex. And I know my definition of platonic, we can be in love but no sex until marriage.
Well, in your initial and subsequent posts, you sounded as if you regret the no sex aspect of the relationship! What do you really want from your relationship, and are you currently in one?
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 16, 2012
sexkillz: Well, in your initial and subsequent posts, you sounded as if you regret the no sex aspect of the relationship! What do you really want from your relationship, and are you currently in one?
I don't regret it. I just need a relationship that draws me closer to God and where there is sincere love. I'm not in a relationship now.
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 16, 2012
jammyng: I don't regret it. I just need a relationship that draws me closer to God and where there is sincere love. I'm not in a relationship now.
Good. Then pay no heed to what humans say about sex, and read and meditate on what God says about sex. It's not difficult if you put your mind to it. When the time approaches, look for a lady that shares your thoughts on sex else you may find keeping that resolve very difficult. Channel your energy to other things, and do not dwell on your relationship state. Having a girlfriend is not a do or die affair, and trust me, you concentrate and achieve more without a girlfriend than with one. When you are ready to date again you will be in a better frame of mind to handle whatever.

4 Likes

Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2012
sexkillz: you concentrate and achieve more without a girlfriend than with one.
making you a MOD was such a good idea!

1 Like

Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2012
@sexkillz did somebody hack ur account or was ur mind baptized..ℓ☺ℓ...This new sexkillz is a gentleman.
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Switup: 7:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
jst e-passing when i e-heard an e-friend e-typing so i stopped by 2 say hello. S-killz watup

1 Like

Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 7:47pm On Jun 16, 2012
Swit up: jst e-passing when i e-heard an e-friend e-typing so i stopped by 2 say hello. S-killz watup
e-stfu!

4 Likes

Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 16, 2012
Swit up: jst e-passing when i e-heard an e-friend e-typing so i stopped by 2 say hello. S-killz watup
I'm fine and you?
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2012
12 inches!:
@sexkillz did somebody hack ur account or was ur mind baptized..ℓ☺ℓ...This new sexkillz is a gentleman.
I've always been a gentleman. . .
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 16, 2012
Flashaldrin:
making you a MOD was such a good idea!
Sometimes i miss myself.
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
sexkillz: Good. Then pay no heed to what humans say about sex, and read and meditate on what God says about sex. It's not difficult if you put your mind to it. When the time approaches, look for a lady that shares your thoughts on sex else you may find keeping that resolve very difficult. Channel your energy to other things, and do not dwell on your relationship state. Having a girlfriend is not a do or die affair, and trust me, you concentrate and achieve more without a girlfriend than with one. When you are ready to date again you will be in a better frame of mind to handle whatever.
tanx, I appreciate and I'm happy.
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 16, 2012
jammyng: tanx, I appreciate and I'm happy.
You're welcome, anytime. smiley
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Mynd44: 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
The girl left you for other reasons and if you are so concerned, call her and ask her
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 16, 2012
Mynd_44: The girl left you for other reasons and if you are so concerned, call her and ask her
probably I was too caring and she couldn't believe if it's real.
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by queensmith: 9:18pm On Jun 16, 2012
jammyng: I dated a girl for about a year(she left me recently) and we weren't intimate. I have a female friend who started dating after us and she has been intimate with her man on a number of times. The guy actually took her virginity while I left mine as a virgin she was when I met her. This other friend told me that it was because we weren't intimate that's why she left me. I don't believe her though. I need comments from you guys please on the real deal.

The moderator should pls move this to the frong page, I need help, thanks.

Of course! I'm sure you guys shared alot more than sex in common? Thats the reason it lasted a year, you shouldn't rush into sexx because you think it will will make her fall in love. You should have sexx when you are both willing and ready, and tbf sexx is probably the reason most relationships don't last, it cannot cement a relationship.
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by tpapi: 9:23pm On Jun 16, 2012
jammyng: firstly, I didn't accept wat my friend told me abt not having sex. And I know my definition of platonic, we can be in love but no sex until marriage.
bros i think u r jokin
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
queensmith:

Of course! I'm sure you guys shared alot more than sex in common? Thats the reason it lasted a year, you shouldn't rush into sexx because you think it will will make her fall in love. You should have sexx when you are both willing and ready, and tbf sexx is probably the reason most relationships don't last, it cannot cement a relationship.
well said, tanx.
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
tpapi: bros i think u r jokin
no jokes here pls
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Flashaldrin(m): 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2012
sexkillz: Sometimes i miss myself.
lol tongue tongue
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by Dyt(f): 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2012
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? by richy5(m): 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2012
sexkillz: Sometimes i miss myself.
[size=16pt]lol[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Tries To Drag Girlfriend Home After Seeing Her With Another Guy. Photos / Busty Nigerian Lady Leaves Men Drooling Over The Size Of Her Massive Breasts(pic / My Wife Has Been Acting Strange, I Don't Know If I Married A Mermaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.