Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? (1905 Views)

Nigeria Needs A Revolution - Pastor Tunde Bakare / Oyedepo Foresees A Revolution In Nigeria / A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 17, 2012
I think it's flogging a dead horse trying to analyze the ills of this country. We have been doing that for decades now and it hasn't taken us anywhere. We know the root cause of the problem in this nation and that's Corruption. Historically, the only way corruption has been dealt with was to get tired of it and get rid of it. This has happened in several ways but the most common for endemic corruption like Nigeria's case has been the violent bloody revolution usually carried out by the 'middle class' of a nation. Other ways have been the Jerry Rawling's style where a sincere Leader can take the bull by the horns and eliminate the corrupt breed in Government. My question is Why can't this happen in this country? Is there any hope at all? Do Nigerians so love life that we can't do something about this whole mess? Is Nigeria worth dying for? The feeble attempt we had at it during the Subsidy protests didn't yield any results.
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by werepeLeri: 7:52am On Jun 17, 2012
Because all of you only know how to bark on the internet, in the comfort of your rooms- hidden from the possible fall out of the so called "revolution". You all like to stay indoors and Tweet, Facebook and come to NairaLand to talk trash - nothing else. The issue of corruption is not only endemic amongst leaders, it is with every possible Nigerian. If you kill corrupt leaders, others will still grow up and become corrupt- so, what will you do? Kill every Nigerian?

The military came back in 1983 citing corruption in government as the reason - 29 years after - its gone worse, are you saying the same people 29 years ago are still in government? No. Every living Nigerian is corrupt, so, how many will you kill? Bro. Forget revolution in Nigeria.
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by hajifaty: 8:05am On Jun 17, 2012
Simply becos home base nigerians r fooolish and cowards that can only bark from the corner of their face u and face me rooms. Plus the fact is that majority of nigerians have perverted minds and depraved leaders. Corruptions is embedded in our blood our DNA.
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 17, 2012
werepeLeri: Because all of you only know how to bark on the internet, in the comfort of your rooms- hidden from the possible fall out of the so called "revolution". You all like to stay indoors and Tweet, Facebook and come to NairaLand to talk trash - nothing else. The issue of corruption is not only endemic amongst leaders, it is with every possible Nigerian. If you kill corrupt leaders, others will still grow up and become corrupt- so, what will you do? Kill every Nigerian?

The military came back in 1983 citing corruption in government as the reason - 29 years after - its gone worse, are you saying the same people 29 years ago are still in government? No. Every living Nigerian is corrupt, so, how many will you kill? Bro. Forget revolution in Nigeria.
. Ok which way? What's the solution? How will the country change?
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by omicron(m): 8:35am On Jun 17, 2012
werepeLeri: Because all of you only know how to bark on the internet, in the comfort of your rooms- hidden from the possible fall out of the so called "revolution". You all like to stay indoors and Tweet, Facebook and come to NairaLand to talk trash - nothing else. The issue of corruption is not only endemic amongst leaders, it is with every possible Nigerian. If you kill corrupt leaders, others will still grow up and become corrupt- so, what will you do? Kill every Nigerian?

[b][/b] Hey, stop that! Every living Nigerian is not corrupt. You must be very corrupt to have said that like that. Secondly, and FYI, the thieves in government sixty years ago are the ones still there today. I thought that was why Jerry Rowlings came to your mind in the first place. @ topic, revolution is quite possible in Nigeria but It will be very very difficult. Culture and religion and the prevalent I-don't-care and "i dey laugh o" attitude of many Nigerians will stand in the way.
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by DaLover(m): 11:06am On Jun 17, 2012
Donxavier: I think it's flogging a dead horse trying to analyze the ills of this country. We have been doing that for decades now and it hasn't taken us anywhere. We know the root cause of the problem in this nation and that's Corruption. Historically, the only way corruption has been dealt with was to get tired of it and get rid of it. This has happened in several ways but the most common for endemic corruption like Nigeria's case has been the violent bloody revolution usually carried out by the 'middle class' of a nation. Other ways have been the Jerry Rawling's style where a sincere Leader can take the bull by the horns and eliminate the corrupt breed in Government. My question is Why can't this happen in this country? Is there any hope at all? Do Nigerians so love life that we can't do something about this whole mess? Is Nigeria worth dying for? The feeble attempt we had at it during the Subsidy protests didn't yield any results.

A bloody revolution can't work in a multi religious, multi ethnic country like nigeria....it will quickly lead to civil war.....besides the key challenges facing the nation will not be addressed....

The problem this country faces is not corruption but a system that allows corruption prevai.....if we can alter this system then we will go a long way to improving productivity and reducing corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by kunlekunle: 11:37am On Jun 17, 2012
create 84/85 policies
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by werepeLeri: 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2012
omicron: [b][/b] Hey, stop that! Every living Nigerian is not corrupt. You must be very corrupt to have said that like that. Secondly, and FYI, the thieves in government sixty years ago are the ones still there today. I thought that was why Jerry Rowlings came to your mind in the first place. @ topic, revolution is quite possible in Nigeria but It will be very very difficult. Culture and religion and the prevalent I-don't-care and "i dey laugh o" attitude of many Nigerians will stand in the way.

Stay there yearning dust.
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by mensdept: 4:08pm On Jun 17, 2012
A revolution can work in Naija, but may involve all the parties at stake.

There's nothing wrong with folks "barking" on Nairaland. At least the Politics section is receiving plenty of traffic as oppossed to Romance and other distractions that our people love (such as EPL dammit).

At least the more people barking, the greater chances that more folks will begin to bite.

ENough of all this lets pray for Naija nonsense folks.
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by nitrogen(m): 4:20pm On Jun 17, 2012
Lets be frank with ourselves, revolution isnt possible in Nigeria, every single Nigerian is corrupt, just that the level differs, so, not in this generation nor in the next four generations to come.
We are no-where near a Nigeria free of corruption. We should just continue to pray and hope for the anticipated revolution.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2012
A Revolution (Bloody or Bloodless) can work with deadly efficiency in NIGERIA. going by the past decade, it is obvious that the very threads that holds the sanity of this country is bare-thin and with just the right plan and the right funding, anyone with a little over N2 billion can upend this country in revolution. the past 10 years is just part of a case study in National In-security, Religious and Social Friction and most importantly, Economic incentive (FOR A Revolution)

But let us not discuss that here - Nairaland is obviously not the right platform grin grin
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by BlackBaron: 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2012
A revolution needs to be a well executed united project. It also needs a degree of political sophistication. The Arab spring only managed to achieve an incomplete revolution cue Egypt,Libya,Tunisia.

Any ill-planned revolution in Nigeria would only reshuffle the old clique,thieves and crooks back into power.
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by omicron(m): 6:16pm On Jun 17, 2012
werepeLeri:

Stay there yearning dust.
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2012
omicron:

ignore him grin grin grin he's a foul dyke like that
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by htajz: 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2012
tribalism is the reason revolution cant work , the first revolution againts the federal govt was by niger delta militants , it was squashed without even adressing the reason , the second was by the military in 1966,though it succeded but then it was tagged igbo coup by some mishchief makers and everything went wrong from that point on wards,the thrid was during aburi which again succeded but was dishonered by gowon the same man that agreed to it, and then civil war revolution which failed,after all these events i dont think even a mad man will aggree to come out in the street all in the name of revolution forget about revolution

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by DaLover(m): 7:10pm On Jun 17, 2012
Donxavier: I think it's flogging a dead horse trying to analyze the ills of this country. We have been doing that for decades now and it hasn't taken us anywhere. We know the root cause of the problem in this nation and that's Corruption. Historically, the only way corruption has been dealt with was to get tired of it and get rid of it. This has happened in several ways but the most common for endemic corruption like Nigeria's case has been the violent bloody revolution usually carried out by the 'middle class' of a nation. Other ways have been the Jerry Rawling's style where a sincere Leader can take the bull by the horns and eliminate the corrupt breed in Government. My question is Why can't this happen in this country? Is there any hope at all? Do Nigerians so love life that we can't do something about this whole mess? Is Nigeria worth dying for? The feeble attempt we had at it during the Subsidy protests didn't yield any results.
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by khukhi(f): 7:21pm On Jun 17, 2012
I think its possible, only when the right candidate eventually comes along to motivate enough people to "follow" him or her into changing the future.
A motivated,passionate,smart,honest and enduring person is needed.

10 years ago, I never would've believed that America could vote for a black president.., but he convinced a lot of people with his "Yes,we can" slogan.

I can't wait for that time. smiley smiley
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 17, 2012
mens dept: A revolution can work in Naija, but may involve all the parties at stake.

There's nothing wrong with folks "barking" on Nairaland. At least the Politics section is receiving plenty of traffic as oppossed to Romance and other distractions that our people love (such as EPL dammit).

At least the more people barking, the greater chances that more folks will begin to bite.

ENough of all this lets pray for Naija nonsense folks.
. Who are the parties at stake?
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 17, 2012
khukhi: I think its possible, only when the right candidate eventually comes along to motivate enough people to "follow" him or her into changing the future.
A motivated,passionate,smart,honest and enduring person is needed.

10 years ago, I never would've believed that America could vote for a black president.., but he convinced a lot of people with his "Yes,we can" slogan.

I can't wait for that time. smiley smiley
. I agree but I don't think Nigeria's own will happen in our lifetime, maybe the next 100yrs.
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 17, 2012
BlackBaron: A revolution needs to be a well executed united project. It also needs a degree of political sophistication. The Arab spring only managed to achieve an incomplete revolution cue Egypt,Libya,Tunisia.

Any ill-planned revolution in Nigeria would only reshuffle the old clique,thieves and crooks back into power.
. But how will it happen now? It seems Nigerians are not yet tired of the whole Mess the country is in.
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by PointB: 8:06pm On Jun 17, 2012
Another of those topics yet again.

@Op
What kind of revolution?
Military coup? It won't succeed in the SS/SE, unless you are ready for civil war and secession!

Mass Riot? Demonstration?
Well that could happen in SW,NW, NE. Those in the NC, SS, and SE are not as disenchanted as the former group of Zones.

Militancy?
Boko Haram is currently doing that, and you are welcome to join them. The ND have given up that, at least majority?

Ballot Box?
Well 2015, is the next election, and we are willing to wait! Any back door removal of the president will be frontally resisted!

Beaf has said it severally, hold your councillor, chairman, reps, senators, and governor to account!

Revolution is for the ideal situation, Nigeria is not ripe for revolution!
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:12pm On Jun 17, 2012
PointB: Another of those topics yet again.

@Op
What kind of revolution?
Military coup? It won't succeed in the SS/SE, unless you are ready for civil war and secession!

Mass Riot? Demonstration?
Well that could happen in SW,NW, NE. Those in the NC, SS, and SE are not as disenchanted as the former group of Zones.

Militancy?
Boko Haram is currently doing that, and you are welcome to join them. The ND have given up that, at least majority?

Ballot Box?
Well 2015, is the next election, and we are willing to wait! Any back door removal of the president will be frontally resisted!

Beaf has said it severally, hold your councillor, chairman, reps, senators, and governor to account!

Revolution is for the ideal situation, Nigeria is not ripe for revolution!

A Revolution can sneak up on you when you least expect. you are stating the obvious end-result of social disaffection with an unpopular government. It can be a movement, that is gradual, it can be a sponsored initiative by foreign governments, it can even be an insider-job. The military already has its own internal friction and so are other armed forces.

Hold you Councillor accountable grin grin grin @BEAF is right but you seem to be oblivious of present-day realities, the constitution and indeed Justice is hardly in public confidence anymore - Nigeria is over-ripe for a revolution. be it in the mind or in the physical and as many politicians choose to blissfully ignore the signs. it will happen
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by werepeLeri: 9:53pm On Jun 17, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

ignore him grin grin grin he's a foul dyke like that

super ignored. havent you noticed, u are one of those that i ignore like a tout on NL because u troll about every topic without making any sense. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Can't A Revolution Work In Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:54pm On Jun 17, 2012
werepeLeri:

super ignored. havent you noticed, u are one of those that i ignore like a tout on NL.

grin grin grin grin grin like you just did grin grin grin grin you my friend are a priceless comedian

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress Kate Henshaw Goes Into Politics: Contesting For House Of Reps / Bokoo Haram Is The Military Wing Of APC / 2015: Lagos PDP Seeks To Break 16-year Jinx.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.