Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,108 members, 7,807,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better (32851 Views)

Avensis 2005 Vs Camry 2005 Which One Is Better / The Rise Of “Big For Nothing” (2002 – 2006 Toyota Camry) / Honda Baby Boy Vs Camry Tiny Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Meristem: 4:10am On Jun 22, 2012
That particular brand of Camry is really BIG FOR NOTHING. If anyone advised you to buy it, forget the person. End of discussion.

1 Like

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 22, 2012
rockiedink:

Ant trust me, the Volvos aint anywhere near the cost of their German counterparts

Yeah we all know that but it is still more expensive than the average Japanese car , except of course their luxury arm ( Lexus et al )
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by kellystech(m): 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
Engine wise the two products has good engines but camry has a reliable history right from the unset unlike accord mebi the EOD mey b more beautiful dan d 2003 camry but dnt b Deceived reliability is wat Ɣ☺ΰ want not beauty!
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2012
kellystech: Engine wise the two products has good engines but camry has a reliable history right from the unset unlike accord mebi the EOD mey b more beautiful dan d 2003 camry but dnt b Deceived reliability is wat Ɣ☺ΰ want not beauty!

Nicely said . . .
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Emperoh(m): 1:45pm On Jun 22, 2012
rockiedink:
Yes o!!! Forget that they just renamed it Ford Fusion...and their performance after MY 2000 is quite impressive. The 2007-2012 model is quite a good...but I think I love the styling of the soon-to-be-out 2013 model...reminds me of an Asto Martin...Rapide...in fact Ford is also going crazy with their designs now jooo

If Honda thought they had monopoly of designs, make dem wake up ooo! those Koreans and now the pseudo-crazy Americans too don dey sculpt some crazy vehicles.

As for Mazda, the only reason they are unsuccessful is the folo-folo nature of Nigerians...

I think the design thing was what Ford has been gleaning from all their partnerships
Volvo, Mazda etc. . . .people are beginning to be more susceptible to looks that applicability.
You won't blame them, people will want heads to turn when they drive pass. And i guess Toyota is beginning to get it. The 2012 Camry look ok same as corolla.
But they are not head turning. Maybe the Lexus is doing that for them.
I am waiting for the 2013 design of accord before i know if this observation is correct. They messed up with the Civic. Not appealing at all.
I am still to see who will beat Acura(Honda) to designs.

Can u rate the 2012 Camry in design?
Why did Volkwagen break the Passat into two? Designs are getting worse. 2001-2005 was better than 2006-2010.
2011 na nonsense in design. the CC is awesome grin grin
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Osio: 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2012
Emperoh:

I think the design thing was what Ford has been gleaning from all their partnerships
Volvo, Mazda etc. . . .people are beginning to be more susceptible to looks that applicability.
You won't blame them, people will want heads to turn when they drive pass. And i guess Toyota is beginning to get it. The 2012 Camry look ok same as corolla.
I am waiting for the 2013 design of accord before i know if this observation is correct. They messed up with the Civic. Not appealing at all.

Why did Volkwagen break the Passat into two? Designs are getting worse. 2001-2005 was better than 2006-2010.

I dnt think d VW are rugged enuf. Agreed, the may not have ovbious mechanica defect bt quality of esthetics. A 2yr old VW luks like a 15yr old Volvo. The plastics eida fall off or d silver changes to black. Its nt abt useage, its abt quality of finishing
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by rockiedink(m): 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2012
Emperoh:

Yes I agree...the new Civic is shyte...and I'm still not decided on the new CRV either...poor from Honda. The Camry still isn't a looker...

They should borrow a leaf (or an AutoCAD tutor) from Korea!!! cheesy cheesy

apocalypse:
Yeah we all know that but it is still more expensive than the average Japanese car , except of course their luxury arm ( Lexus et al )

Are you sure? Check well o broda. How much doÉs a 2001 Volvo S80 cost and how much is the Camry of the same model year?
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 12:10am On Jun 23, 2012
rockiedink:

Yes I agree...the new Civic is shyte...and I'm still not decided on the new CRV either...poor from Honda. The Camry still isn't a looker...

They should borrow a leaf (or an AutoCAD tutor) from Korea!!! cheesy cheesy

I think the new CR-V is not bad at all
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by orgy: 12:14am On Jun 23, 2012
I have been driving a Honda CRV 2001 model since 2008 till date. i've driven it from lagos to d east on average of 3 times per month including to and fro work, antony to ajah on daily basis, yet no issue execpt changig oil and once radiator fan. dont know bou honda sedans, but their suv na ruggedly die....I dey dream of geting a Honda Pilot whn d mony comes...i bow for Honda SUVs
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 12:17am On Jun 23, 2012
orgy: I have been driving a Honda CRV 2001 model since 2008 till date. i've driven it from lagos to d east on average of 3 times per month including to and fro work, antony to ajah on daily basis, yet no issue execpt changig oil and once radiator fan. dont know bou honda sedans, but their suv na ruggedly die....I dey dream of geting a Honda Pilot whn d mony comes...i bow for Honda SUVs

Toyota SUV are as well rugged too . . .
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by motobid(m): 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Toyota SUV are as well rugged too . . .
so what is your word on honda pilot 2005?
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by tushbobo(m): 10:14pm On Jun 23, 2012
Go for what u like man.
Honda EOD is of better interior quality,stronger and sharper in response than toyota camry.
Read the manual to know the correct ATF fluid(DEXRON III or something) u should use.Most people use the cheap gear oils and come crying when their gearbox has issues.Most people dont even know that honda cars have AC filters(which filters dust from entering the car) which u should change at every few years in EODs to get chillin AC.Camrys dont have this filter and the quality of air entering the car is poor and unobstructed.the AC is always chillin in d camry because of the absense of this filter which is in the honda and might have held up dust after being unchanged for years.this same people come shouting "Camrys have chilling AC" not knowing d EOD has a superior design but naija mentality doesnt care about maintenance. I prefer EODs anyday
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by rockiedink(m): 12:21am On Jun 24, 2012
Behind bobo: Go for what u like man.
Honda EOD is of better interior quality,stronger and sharper in response than toyota camry.
Read the manual to know the correct ATF fluid(DEXRON III or something) u should use.Most people use the cheap gear oils and come crying when their gearbox has issues.Most people dont even know that honda cars have AC filters(which filters dust from entering the car) which u should change at every few years in EODs to get chillin AC.Camrys dont have this filter and the quality of air entering the car is poor and unobstructed.the AC is always chillin [b]in d camry because of the absense of this filter which is in the honda [/b]and might have held up dust after being unchanged for years.this same people come shouting "Camrys have chilling AC" not knowing d EOD has a superior design but naija mentality doesnt care about maintenance. I prefer EODs anyday

Who told you so? angry angry angry

You berra get your facts straight instead of coming here to spew nonsense. If you don't like the Camry say so...and stop hating on the car! Abi nkan wa nibe ni?

Oponu ti o mo nkan ti o ma so! mschewwww!!!!
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Osio: 9:11am On Jun 24, 2012
orgy: I have been driving a Honda CRV 2001 model since 2008 till date. i've driven it from lagos to d east on average of 3 times per month including to and fro work, antony to ajah on daily basis, yet no issue execpt changig oil and once radiator fan. dont know bou honda sedans, but their suv na ruggedly die....I dey dream of geting a Honda Pilot whn d mony comes...i bow for Honda SUVs

Honda Pilot, pls avoid that trash. Friends have complained about the same issue. "Been driving smoothly and get into a street with a pool of water, as soon as the car enters the water, they had to call a towing van to come pull them out". All repaires say there is a rod that got bent somwhere btw the engine and d gearbox. When 3 or more pple have same experience with the same thing, ther is some element of truth in it.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Osio: 9:22am On Jun 24, 2012
[quote author=rockiedink]

You berra get your facts straight instead of coming here to spew nonsense. If you don't like the Camry say so...and stop hating on the car! Abi nkan wa nibe ni?

Oponu ti o mo nkan ti o ma so! mschewwww!!!

Nice opinion aired but could we try to control our emotions. We all understand our passion, but (except I am wrong) I think we can pass views without using harsh words which may be interpreted as insultive, on our fellow brothers. I believe we are all learning from this discussion, not only EOD & B4N, bt all other cars. We all have passion for cars, that's why we are contributing to this. My apologies, if I may sound "off key", I just believe in discussing in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

3 Likes

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by rockiedink(m): 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
Osio: Nice opinion aired but could we try to control our emotions. We all understand our passion, but (except I am wrong) I think we can pass views without using harsh words which may be interpreted as insultive, on our fellow brothers. I believe we are all learning from this discussion, not only EOD & B4N, bt all other cars. We all have passion for cars, that's why we are contributing to this. My apologies, if I may sound "off key", I just believe in discussing in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

Bruv no issues jare! Its just pretty annoying how come people come on and spew rubbish because dey wanna get noticed on an internet forum! Imagine d nonsesne wey dat guy dey yarn na...Camry no get air filter...I bet you the buy doesnt even own a bicycle!!!
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Esiri111(m): 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
I like the EOD Coz the dashboard beats the Camry of it's own year and later years up to a point. which the 2008 accord version takes up from there
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by enilove(m): 10:29am On Feb 23, 2015
I am presently using the Toyota 2003 big daddy and I want to say sincerely that the car is PERFECT and I keep loving it every day.
maintenance is cheap
I has not developed fault since I have been using it.
It is smooth to drive.

Perfect and reliable engine.

Bought it from Cotonou myself and I have not regretted it.

It not a "big for nothing but a BIG DADDY " in deed.

I love this car cos I have used a Honda product in the past.

Toyota products are good.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Jkvivi2020: 7:56am On Apr 10, 2015
Toyota beat it all. No one in japanese product. Interms of reliability,engine maintenance, a/c, fuel and so on. If honda gives you lot of problem you will run from cars. You will spend all your earnings doing repairs on the honda. You can only enjoy the interior part of it. Be wise. I have been using toyota for 10years now it is serving me very well with low cost maintenace. If you see the toyota today is just like three years car. Very clean.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female AAU Student Crushed To Death In Edo State (see Photo) / 8 Crazily Unique Beetle Cars You Have Never Seen Before (photos) / From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.