Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Malaysian Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Malaysian Visa (4535 Views)

A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) / Malaysian Government Out On Yahoo Yahoo Boys / Malaysian Cities: Photo Gallery Of An Emerging Market Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malaysian Visa by Annie4u(f): 6:56pm On Jun 17, 2012
Hello,

For a little over a month i applied for and have been processing my admission into a Malay University and i recently just received my Admission Offer letter, but my contact/friend/student over there who helped me with it all informed me to wait for Malay Immigration letter (i also filled sum immigration forms during processing) before i start going to the embassy and it got me a little confused, Please anyone over there currently or who have traveled there before share sum light on this.

Thanks
Re: Malaysian Visa by steve13(m): 12:34am On Jun 18, 2012
The malayisn imgration service will send you an approval letter,stating that they ve approved your coming to malaysia to study,its required at the embassy,with out it U̶̲̥̅̊ can not get a student visa to malay.it can take upto 90 days in some cases,
Re: Malaysian Visa by fittty(m): 11:49am On Jun 18, 2012
Annie4u: Hello,

For a little over a month i applied for and have been processing my admission into a Malay University and i recently just received my Admission Offer letter, but my contact/friend/student over there who helped me with it all informed me to wait for Malay Immigration letter (i also filled sum immigration forms during processing) before i start going to the embassy and it got me a little confused, Please anyone over there currently or who have traveled there before share sum light on this.

Thanks

And why would u decided to study in malaysia of all places?? Pls pls pls divert ur hard earned money to better countries.. I'm speaking from experience.
Re: Malaysian Visa by Annie4u(f): 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hey Guys, smiley

I received my Malaysian Immigration approval letter in the mail, so please I'd like to inquire about the location of the Malay embassy and visa requirements..(All my documents are sound).

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Visa by noblegas2(m): 1:21am On Aug 10, 2012
Annie4u: Hey Guys, smiley

I received my Malaysian Immigration approval letter in the mail, so please I'd like to inquire about the location of the Malay embassy and visa requirements..(All my documents are sound).

Thanks smiley

The Chancery at the Malaysian High commission, Abuja will reject your application if you present a print out of the Student visa approval. Ask your school/agent/recruiter to send it to you by courier because the original is required. The Documents needed to get your student visa are;
1, Original Admission letter/Offer letter
2, Original Student Visa Approval letter
3, Photocopy of your International Passport Datapage.
4 Original and photocopies of your Yellow fever certificate(Yellow Card)

NB- application processing takes five working days.
By the way, what's the name of your school?
Re: Malaysian Visa by Annie4u(f): 10:24am On Aug 11, 2012
noble_gas1:

The Chancery at the Malaysian High commission, Abuja will reject your application if you present a print out of the Student visa approval. Ask your school/agent/recruiter to send it to you by courier because the original is required. The Documents needed to get your student visa are;
1, Original Admission letter/Offer letter
2, Original Student Visa Approval letter
3, Photocopy of your International Passport Datapage.
4 Original and photocopies of your Yellow fever certificate(Yellow Card)

NB- application processing takes five working days.
By the way, what's the name of your school?

Shortly after posting this, i was called by the school(Segi University College) to send my mailing address so they can send the original approval letter.
I have all docs posted above except the original offer letter by the school, but I've requested it. Thanks.
Re: Malaysian Visa by noblegas2(m): 12:48pm On Aug 11, 2012
Annie4u:

Shortly after posting this, i was called by the school(Segi University College) to send my mailing address so they can send the original approval letter.
I have all docs posted above except the original offer letter by the school, but I've requested it. Thanks.

Wow, what a funny world, my cousin studies there as well! Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than glad to help. Goodluck
Re: Malaysian Visa by elijah05(m): 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2012
Annie4u:

SEGI UNIVERSITY COLLEGE IS NOT RECOGNIZED IN NAIJA... GO TO THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION ND CONFIRM THIS.. I OUGHT TO HAVE BEEN IN THIS UNI LAST 2 YEARS... DIVERTED MY ATTENTION TO ANOTHER COUNTRY.. TO THE GLORY OF GOD I AM COMFORTABLE WHERE I AM NOW.. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!!!!
Re: Malaysian Visa by Annie4u(f): 9:44pm On Aug 11, 2012
noble_gas1:

Wow, what a funny world, my cousin studies there as well! Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than glad to help. Goodluck

You've been loads of help, Thanks a lot smiley Do you know what kinds of questions are asked at the embassy??

elijah05:

SEGI UNIVERSITY COLLEGE IS NOT RECOGNIZED IN NAIJA... GO TO THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION ND CONFIRM THIS.. I OUGHT TO HAVE BEEN IN THIS UNI LAST 2 YEARS... DIVERTED MY ATTENTION TO ANOTHER COUNTRY.. TO THE GLORY OF GOD I AM COMFORTABLE WHERE I AM NOW.. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!!!!

It is actually... undecided
http://www.segi.edu.my/happening/nigerian-minister-of-education-dialogue-with-segi-students
Re: Malaysian Visa by Next2Bezee(m): 4:47am On Aug 26, 2012
Hey guys, your help would be highly appreciated.
I will be going to the Malaysian Embassy on Monday for my Visa Application and these are the documents i have...
1. Original Admission Offer Letter
2. Original Malaysian Immigration Approval Letter
3. All Medicals test results i took during school application.
4. Yellow Fever Card
5. No Objection Certificate from The Ministry of Education
6. My Certificates (Birth, State of origin...etc)

Could sumone please confirm if there is anything else i would need to present like bank statements or airline tickets and stuff like in the u.s embassy?

Thanks
Re: Malaysian Visa by EEVICTOREE(m): 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
Is visa fees required in Abuja? If yes how much?
Re: Malaysian Visa by timmy1999(m): 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
elijah05:

And which country are you now...
Re: Malaysian Visa by youngbilly1: 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
steve13:
The malayisn imgration service will send you an approval letter,stating that they ve approved your coming to malaysia to study,its required at the embassy,with out it U̶̲̥̅̊ can not get a student visa to malay.it can take upto 90 days in some cases,
Hello please, the university I applied for asked that I get a NOC, No Objection Certificate from a High Commission. where do I get that?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / How Can I Send Money To My Account From Canada / Warri Airport Owing N566.4m, NAMA Insist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.