Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Religion And Ethnicity Are Worst Problems Of Nigeria, And Not Corruption. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion And Ethnicity Are Worst Problems Of Nigeria, And Not Corruption. (3040 Views)

Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos / Religion And Ethnicity Is Killing Us In Nigeria / Religion And Ethnicity: A Critique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion And Ethnicity Are Worst Problems Of Nigeria, And Not Corruption. by hubreality(m): 8:45pm On Jun 17, 2012
Religion and Ethnicity are Worst Problems of Nigeria for Decades, And not Corruption. How I wish our self acclaimed corruption fighters/leaders will fight and deal first with the evil of religion and ethnicity in Nigeria.
Re: Religion And Ethnicity Are Worst Problems Of Nigeria, And Not Corruption. by UyiIredia(m): 8:52pm On Jun 17, 2012
I partially agree with you because the likes of Fela had vaguely similar views. Can't help but say that your opinion is naïve because the real problem is neo-colonialism. Get this into your head: Neo-colonialism is still a present problem.
Re: Religion And Ethnicity Are Worst Problems Of Nigeria, And Not Corruption. by hubreality(m): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2012
Uyi Iredia: I partially agree with you because the likes of Fela had vaguely similar views. Can't help but say that your opinion is naïve because the real problem is neo-colonialism. Get this into your head: Neo-colonialism is still a present problem.

You don't need to agree with me on the fact on ground, but lets walk on the reality of life. People lose values for humanity for the antics of religion and ethnicity.
Re: Religion And Ethnicity Are Worst Problems Of Nigeria, And Not Corruption. by buzugee(m): 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2012
hubreality: Religion and Ethnicity are Worst Problems of Nigeria for Decades, And not Corruption. How I wish our self acclaimed corruption fighters/leaders will fight and deal first with the evil of religion and ethnicity in Nigeria.
to let you tell it
Re: Religion And Ethnicity Are Worst Problems Of Nigeria, And Not Corruption. by hubreality(m): 12:37am On Jun 18, 2012
religiousity is the simplicity of hypocrisy among men
Re: Religion And Ethnicity Are Worst Problems Of Nigeria, And Not Corruption. by PastorAIO: 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2012
Uyi Iredia: I partially agree with you because the likes of Fela had vaguely similar views. Can't help but say that your opinion is naïve because the real problem is neo-colonialism. Get this into your head: Neo-colonialism is still a present problem.

I'm not sure it is neo-colonialism. Why? Because while we practiced our own religions and had our own governments for 400 to 500 years of our history we sold a great deal of our population into slavery, we warred against each other constantly, we failed to develop any significant infrastructures and many other failures.

The problem, whatever it is, preceded the adoption of foreign religions and neo-colonialism. And that problem, whatever it is, has now infected even the way we follow the imported religions and cultures.

It is easy to point at something and say it is the source of the problem, but I think that the real problem is a lot more subtle than any ostensible thing that you can point at.

Many nations in the history of mankind have adopted foreign traditions and prospered under those foreign traditions. The Romans depended a lot on Greek philosophy. Even Alexander the Great, when he conquered his empire, spread Greek ideas and not Macedonian ideas. The Mongols adopted Islam and did very well. Even the Arabic empires achievements were built on the foundation of Greek learning.

I do not like neo-colonialism much myself but I recognise that the problem goes much deeper than that.
Re: Religion And Ethnicity Are Worst Problems Of Nigeria, And Not Corruption. by vedaxcool(m): 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2012
Oh please ethnicity and religion are Nigeria greatest problem? what sort of sense is that? solution Abolish ethnicity and religion? problem solved? not quite? Saying the above is the problems of Nigeria is root in extreme simplicity and mediocre logic! First and fore most such talk is rooted in logical fallacies that mistakes association to mean cause, I am a muslims, and my ethnicity is wazobia, i decide to loot the treasury, the question did my ethnic group say i should steal? no, did my religion request i steal our common wealth? the answer is no, the issue become what made me steal? could it be my greed? could it be my hunger? think man think . . .

I am muslim and my tribe is wazobia, i kill someone from another ethnicity, there could be numerous possibility on why i did such? could it be a fight over resource? or a fight rooted in age long supremacy tussle? think man, think

veda says our problem is complexitron if there is such a word, mostly rooted in what i will call bad and flawed character of our people, we are very strange in our behavior, a Nigeria could cut a que and claim God help him from undergoing stress, a Nigeria could steal and claim it is right because he did more work and he is actually in a workshop, which he then deliberately mispronounce as work-chop . . . we have issues as a person we tend to think we are smart when we do stuffs that are not right, our smartness tend to work in a devious way that would make the devil mistake us for his people, by our i mean those who happen to be enlightened enough to know how the country works, the nation is severely corrupt, people no longer believe in hard workm even children believe cheating is right, and this behavior is past from one generation to another, and Allah says in the Qur'an the situation of people will not change until they change that which is within themselves, so Nigerians change you behavior and you will see change wink
Re: Religion And Ethnicity Are Worst Problems Of Nigeria, And Not Corruption. by Ptolomeus(m): 8:35pm On Jun 18, 2012
Pastor AIO: I'm not sure it is neo-colonialism. Why? Because while we practiced our own religions and had our own governments for 400 to 500 years of our history we sold a great deal of our population into slavery, we warred against each other constantly, we failed to develop any significant infrastructures and many other failures.

Dearest friend.
This is the first time I disagree with you.
I do not think African slavery has been the cause of traditional religions. That is to say that Yahweh is to blame the Jewish extermination in World War II.
For 400 or 500 (or more) the world was different. Everyone did the war ... It was not only in Africa.
I insist that slavery in Africa and America won the white man, the European, Arabic, and along with slavery also imposed their gods.
I do not think that the blame for everything bad in Africa has been the traditional religion, I do not think Allah Javeh or you have contributed nothing positive to Africa.
By God! what we mean?
Just to give an example (which no one is offended) .. a country like Nigeria, Petroleum! and is not getting electricity? Who is to blame for this delay? Traditional religion? The Nigerians? Or the conquistadors who took shit?
Excuse me you disagree.
I have great respect for you.
My respects.

(1) (Reply)

Niv Exposed!!!! / The Seven Principalities Of Satan's Rebellious Kingdom / Demystifying The Confusion - God, Gods God And Creator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.