Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,716 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! (7911 Views)

Poll: Will you accept posting to any Northern State?

Yes: 14% (18 votes)
No: 85% (108 votes)
This poll has ended

This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing / Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? / Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by bendazum: 4:14am On Jun 18, 2012
In view of the recent bombings in Kaduna,Zaria and other northern states I have come to the conclusion that NO northern Nigerian state is safe for the present Batch B posting.The NYSC management cannot claim ignorance of this fact and we cannot continue to play politics over the lives of our Children.It will amount to insensitivity and outright wickedness if any Prospective corper is posted to any Northern state. Granted that there will be security at the camps but what of during PPA?Don't even buy the idea that this or that Northern state has not experienced any crises because it only takes a second for them to go berseck clamourinng for blood.Did I hear you say Police will protect you?Okay. a.word is enough for both the foolish and wise!
http://saharareporters.com/gallery/photonews-church-bombings-zaria-and-kaduna

2 Likes

Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by bendazum: 6:12am On Jun 19, 2012
Prospective batch B corpers if there was ever a time to speak up it is NOW!From what I see people will still be posted to the NORTH but by utilizing your freedom of expression it may be nipped in the bud on time!It doesn't concern you will soon concern you! Do you think anyone cares about you the way you do?Speak up let's hope their relatives or friends are around to inform them.This is my contribution to avoiding imminent blood shed.I pray the moderator will be kind enough to move this thread to front page.Speak NOW or remain silent when the worse happens!
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by bendazum: 3:27am On Jun 20, 2012
Speak now!
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by galaxi(m): 5:43am On Jun 20, 2012
This issue have been giving me sleepless night,what should we do?
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by bendazum: 3:00am On Jun 21, 2012
galaxi: This issue have been giving me sleepless night,what should we do?
May your days be long.It is very unfortunate that most of these so called Prospective batch B corpers are very childish as can be deduced from their threads.They would rather talk on intimacy,buying things etc instead of talking about more serious issues as regards their safety.Now if I tell you to send a letter to DG NYSC,there is every tendency that it would grace his dustbin.If I tell you to report to Camp and later work for redeployment,there remains a tendency you might not make it alive to camp.What do you do?Hmm.Okay!Choose your priority.Life first!!If you are posted to any Northern state,reject the callup letter and see yourself to Batch C.Remember that hurry often leads to sorry.Stories abound of corpers who had accident and died because they wanted to get to camp on time,some were ambushed on their way to camp and slaughtered like fowl etc I wish you the best!
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by azpekuliar: 8:32am On Jun 21, 2012
I
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by azpekuliar: 8:55am On Jun 21, 2012
I disagree with your assertion that NO northern state is safe for prospective youth corp members. I served in Kebbi state in 2010 when the insurgency was making a rebound in the North-East after the brutal suppression of the sect in 2009 by the NPF, and my service year was peaceful. Its been 2 years since and the situation hasn't changed one bit. It is not enough to make a blanket generalization. Kebbi and a few other states in the North-West are close to the seat of the Caliphate in Sokoto and that accounts for their being Islamic moderates and hence a staunch resistance for this brand of violent extremism with roots in the North-East. Furthermore, the country as a whole has grave security challenges that are not just limited to any particular geographically location. The NYSC scheme also has its challenges chief among which is its integrity. I would rather engage in a debate on how to restructure the scheme and the Nigerian police in light of the new challenges they now face. Placing a blanket ban on the posting of corp members to any Northern state is an ultra-simplistic approach to the twin problem of national security and the integrity of the NYSC scheme.

3 Likes

Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by ebamma(m): 10:27am On Jun 21, 2012
if them send u go north,and u gree to go,that means dat u are about to commit suicide.
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by onyengbu: 10:36am On Jun 21, 2012
azpekuliar:
I disagree with your assertion that NO northern state is safe for prospective youth corp members. I served in Kebbi state in 2010 when the insurgency was making a rebound in the North-East after the brutal suppression of the sect in 2009 by the NPF, and my service year was peaceful. Its been 2 years since and the situation hasn't changed one bit. It is not enough to make a blanket generalization. Kebbi and a few other states in the North-West are close to the seat of the Caliphate in Sokoto and that accounts for their being Islamic moderates and hence a staunch resistance for this brand of violent extremism with roots in the North-East. Furthermore, the country as a whole has grave security challenges that are not just limited to any particular geographically location. The NYSC scheme also has its challenges chief among which is its integrity. I would rather engage in a debate on how to restructure the scheme and the Nigerian police in light of the new challenges they now face. Placing a blanket ban on the posting of corp members to any Northern state is an ultra-simplistic approach to the twin problem of national security and the integrity of the NYSC scheme.
Since 2010! Chaii!!!!

Has there been any bomb in Kaduna in 2010? Did any bomb go off in Adamawa till this year? What about Yobe and Kano?
Mister make you just shut it? no one knows when and where it will happen. They are even moving southwards let alone wild wild north!

1 Like

Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by deHitchcock(f): 10:42am On Jun 21, 2012
azpekuliar:

Ɣ☺ΰ ‎​aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ really sick in the head!!!what has 2010 got to D̶̲̥̅̊Õ̳͡ with 2012

1 Like

Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by omenziate(m): 10:50am On Jun 21, 2012
And ma younger bro is goin to collect his letter next week, I have told him, anytin from kogi downwards to d core north, just sit down at home o, cuz I remember ma ordeals during d election crisis in kano. Abokis no nice to separate corper from other southerners. Like dey told us then den, dey said dey would yankaka us like kasa meaning slaughter u like chicken.
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by Beync(f): 10:58am On Jun 21, 2012
Any graduate who they post to north and he or she accepts should be apprehended and taken to a psychiatric for check up. I can't believe any right minded graduate that's not frm the north and not a Muslim would be so deluded to go their.

2 Likes

Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 21, 2012
People are rejecting job offers in the north not to mention NYSC..

3 Likes

Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by lacasa: 11:07am On Jun 21, 2012
Last i checked, human bbeings are going bout dier daily business in D̶̲̥̅̊ north, bomb or no bomb

D̶̲̥̅̊ ibo guys i do buy my car parts from open shop everyday

D̶̲̥̅̊ yoruba woman selling plastics announced herself in our house last week

D̶̲̥̅̊ tiv woman operating a hair salon close τ̅o ma house is stil doin her thing

Anϑ D̶̲̥̅̊ secondary school just behind my house where 3 youth corpers (1guy frm lag, 2 ladies one igbo one tiv) were assigned τ̅o αve been doing their work until they passed out last week or was it the week b4 last sef

​ so​, if Ʊ follow peoople's comments on forums, people D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ r nt even close τ̅o northern nigeria, then its Your decision τ̅o.

1 Like

Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by waja(m): 11:15am On Jun 21, 2012
The northern graduates should remain in the north with their B.H and cows, while our good hearted people should remain in their region with their OIL that is still unifying this country.
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by Azone: 11:16am On Jun 21, 2012
I think all corpers that is will be posted should cry out, make a peaceful protest and fight for LIFE...Because its not getting funny anymore, its either you stay alife or you choose to die...
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 21, 2012
you guys should start by not going to universities in the north that way it will be easier to convince nysc that you really are serious, also ask all your people in the north to return home and send all aboki in your area packing, if not dem no go hear una!!
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by sigba(f): 11:23am On Jun 21, 2012
bendazum: May your days be long.It is very unfortunate that most of these so called Prospective batch B corpers are very childish as can be deduced from their threads.They would rather talk on intimacy,buying things etc instead of talking about more serious issues as regards their safety.[/b]Now if I tell you to send a letter to DG NYSC,there is every tendency that it would grace his dustbin.If I tell you to report to Camp and later work for redeployment,there remains a tendency you might not make it alive to camp.What do you do?Hmm.Okay!Choose your priority.Life first!!If you are posted to any Northern state,[b]reject the callup letter and see yourself to Batch C. remember that hurry often leads to sorry.Stories abound of corpers who had accident and died because they wanted to get to camp on time,some were ambushed on their way to camp and slaughtered like fowl etc I wish you the best!
Hmmm, someone has been eaves dropping on prospective Batch B thread. Let me ask you this, what would you rather we discuss on? Boring issues about NYSC? Even if we discuss on the issue of posting to the Northern part of the country, how will our discussions change the policy? Now your "best" solution as you suggested to Galaxi is to reject his posting, if he was posted to northern state. How will that stop him from being posted to one of the northern states in batch C?
Now that you've raised the topic, my suggestion is that if all prospective batch B posted to any of the northern states reject their posting en mass, it'll call the attention of the approprate authorities(that, i'm not sure of) and they'll proffer a solution to this issue. My 5cent.
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by livapul86(m): 11:27am On Jun 21, 2012
For goodness sakes, why are Southern parents and their youths so f#king DOCILE? Why would someone accept a posting to the North? If the young people that are eligible for Service are confused and can't Voice their Rejection, Are their Parents and Guardians also Confused?
Please, Stand up and Reject any posting to the North. The Govt doesn't Care about you. Nothing would happen to you, if you all Reject to be Posted to the North. I, reiterate Any Parent that allows his/her Child/Children to be sent to the North is Liable to any harm that befalls his/her Ward.
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by caye(m): 11:29am On Jun 21, 2012
azpekuliar:

[color=#990000][/color] I served very close to Yauri in Niger state. The situation of 2010 is COMPLETELY different from 2012. The people there were just sleeping hyenas; waiting to kill at the proper time. 0.05% of a word is CONVENIENTLY GOOD for the foolish!
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by munaco: 11:46am On Jun 21, 2012
out of mistake I cliked yes that I will accept posting 2 Northern state, I thought the poll is all about "No Northern state is safe for NYSC" and I believe someone like me will make such mistake as well

1 Like

Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by oldlord(m): 11:55am On Jun 21, 2012
for dat fellow dat mention Kebbi state, i also served at Birnin Kebbi in 2005. During my service yr, there was dis caricature picture problem of islamic god dat cause problem all over d world, with my beloved northern people championing d riot in nigeria. it also effected kebbi state and many people ran to d barrack. so i quiet agree dat no state in d north is safe for youth service. if am to serve today and they send me to kebbi sokoto zamfara or niger state i will neva step my feet out of my house. let all d the graduates raise and reject northern posting, cos life is more preciuos dan certificate
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by inspirenet: 11:58am On Jun 21, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Since 2010! Chaii!!!!

Has there been any bomb in Kaduna in 2010? Did any bomb go off in Adamawa till this year? What about Yobe and Kano?
Mister make you just shut it? no one knows when and where it will happen. They are even moving southwards let alone wild wild north!
smiley
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 21, 2012
I was among the 2011 batch B that just passed out and i served in kebbi state. I was paranoid @​ 1st but afterwards, i adapted to the system.During my stay, there wasn't any incident, but that doesn't mean the possibility ain't there. IF YOU FEEL UNEASY ABOUT SERVING IN THE NORTH, DON'T GO!! Its as simple as that..
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by cardoso111(m): 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
If Kaduna can be so badly affected then no were in the North is safe for living and NYSC
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by kawkab: 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2012
I quite agree with the poster. No part of the North is really safe. Safety in this sense does not mean absence of bombs from this Boko Haram guys, what about the multiple cases of rape and violation of female coup members in some states.

Recently all coup member in a town called Gitata along the new Keffi-kachia road in Nassarawa State were raped with some hausa youths. Incidents like this amount to insecurity.

2 Likes

Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by rhymz(m): 12:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
Lol...me wey come dey Sokoto nko?
Seriously, this place is not safe but wetin man go do na. There was nothing I did not do to redeploy but for where na, e no work out. I rarely go to my PPA sef, i just kukuma dey siddon house dey press fone..and watch film.lol....abeg make Batch B dem show o...this place boring die, me dey find chic wey i go take hold body o for this place. Their gals here na no go area if u value your life....lol...no bomb blast here so far but that one no mean say person go comef relax o....my own even better na villa dem throway me put....already me no dey try am say i wan go church here....me no wan die yet....the weather nko...hahahaha...extremes that is what one gets here
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 21, 2012
And if I may ask, where is the 921 billion naira assigned for security in the 2012 budget na?
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by kaeto(m): 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2012
I served in the north, as a xtian oh,if NYSC ir done twice n am posted there again i will hurry towards the north immediately as i did the time i served,with my hell ailing tummy, even in the midst of crisis, mum cried a whole river with angry siblings calling from abroad i still went n here is my silly as5, typing this shyt. I will LOVE to go again, even Maidugiri.

1 Like

Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by anuel4luv(m): 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
Am a prospective batch B corper and I see no reason why anyone sensible enough should go to the north for service except you are a northern-muslim. Everyone should better forget about the lies and promise of protection.....prevention is better than cure o except you be Iron man or Hulk sha......post me to the north, and am off for
my masters instead....#shikena
Re: No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! by bizzlemie(m): 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2012
I'm presently servin in Bida, Niger State, & i must say nufn of d "boko haramic" nature hz eva happened....buh frankly speaking, d northern part of 9ja is volatile ATM, so anyfn can happen @anytime, even in d most safest parts of d north....i'm 1 of those who propose dah prospective corp members should not be posted to d north considering d rate @which these terrorist activities keep increasing, but y'all should also know that ur lives ain't in ur hands but God's; if God wants you alive, nothing can ever happen to you, even if you're posted to serve in the most deadliest part of the north.....all you nid 2 do is put God first, and be 100% security conscious in any decision you make......GBAM!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

[working Download.] Dvsn Morning After Full Album# / NYSC: The September Allowance Has Not Been Paid Oo? / How To Print NYSC Batch 'B' Stream II Call-up Letter Online - 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.