Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,550 members, 7,809,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? (1110 Views)

How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / How We Will Stop Boko Haram, By Muhammadu Buhari--vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? by obalola7: 5:17am On Jun 18, 2012
We had a discussion about the topic above with some friends here in North America.
Then i began to ponder seriously on this subject especially with the maladministration of the current administration in Nigeria.
Some time i wonder if too much of education sometime makes one to be dull or if Nigeria Educated become brain dead as soon as they climb the seat of power.

When Yar'Adua/Goodluck came we all have high hope, especially when considering their academic background, it was not long before we found out that they were not the messiah. Although there are many questions that come to mind, but this one could be the one that beg for answer: is it because they were Nigerian Trained, perhaps if we had foreign trained Nigeria Educated, things might have been different(not too sure).

To delve into the topic of this thread, what would an intelligent president do to curb and tame Boko Haram? http://www.sunnewsonline.com/article/suicide-bombers-hit-3-churches-kaduna-zaria
First i will like to answer this question like Yar'Adua if he was still alive, he would say "Seven Point Agenda"

1. [b]Buy Drones: Get drowns from U.S and Canada for surveillance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unmanned_aerial_vehicle
2. Military and police[/b]: Screen for the best in the military, SSS and police (36,000)1000 per state. while some of them will be on uniform, majority will not and would patrol with legs, bike, car etc.
3. Oracle Priests: Initiate Local best vigilante (Oracle Priests) look for vigilante like the bakassi boys http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakassi_Boys
4. Buy Helicopters: (3 per state) while peaceful states in south west can borrow hot states in the north their helicopters during major operation
5. Efficient Operation: Maintain steady surveillance in the day and night. Carry deadly operation at night to reduce casualties. Filter phone calls, social websites with some specific words,
6. Create Anonymous Hotline: Dedicate phone lines, websites, text line, emails and mail for information.
7. Trace Every 1 million Naira: Monitor every transaction that exceed 1M especially those transferred to the hot bombing states

Another question is where are we going to get the money from.. arrest all the oil monsters of subsidy and take back the 3 trillion and seize any flying money going to Boko Haram to sponsor it.

So what will you do differently or suggestion that could advice the president to wake up since all his advisers only advice him when they are both drunk

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? by Podonasmit: 7:59am On Jun 18, 2012
obalola7: We had a discussion about the topic above with some friends here in North America.
Then i began to ponder seriously on this subject especially with the maladministration of the current administration in Nigeria.
Some time i wonder if too much of education sometime makes one to be dull or if Nigeria Educated become brain dead as soon as they climb the seat of power.

When Yar'Adua/Goodluck came we all have high hope, especially when considering their academic background, it was not long before we found out that they were not the messiah. Although there are many questions that come to mind, but this one could be the one that beg for answer: is it because they were Nigerian Trained, perhaps if we had foreign trained Nigeria Educated, things might have been different(not too sure).

To delve into the topic of this thread, what would an intelligent president do to curb and tame Boko Haram? http://www.sunnewsonline.com/article/suicide-bombers-hit-3-churches-kaduna-zaria
First i will like to answer this question like Yar'Adua if he was still alive, he would say "Seven Point Agenda"

1. [b]Buy Drones: Get drowns from U.S and Canada for surveillance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unmanned_aerial_vehicle
2. Military and police[/b]: Screen for the best in the military, SSS and police (36,000)1000 per state. while some of them will be on uniform, majority will not and would patrol with legs, bike, car etc.
3. Oracle Priests: Initiate Local best vigilante (Oracle Priests) look for vigilante like the bakassi boys http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakassi_Boys
4. Buy Helicopters: (3 per state) while peaceful states in south west can borrow hot states in the north their helicopters during major operation
5. Efficient Operation: Maintain steady surveillance in the day and night. Carry deadly operation at night to reduce casualties. Filter phone calls, social websites with some specific words,
6. Create Anonymous Hotline: Dedicate phone lines, websites, text line, emails and mail for information.
7. Trace Every 1 million Naira: Monitor every transaction that exceed 1M especially those transferred to the hot bombing states

Another question is where are we going to get the money from.. arrest all the oil monsters of subsidy and take back the 3 trillion and seize any flying money going to Boko Haram to sponsor it.

So what will you do differently or suggestion that could advice the president to wake up since all his advisers only advice him when they are both drunk

Hmmn its hard to say, If i am the president,
I will do what obasanjo did.
Make EFCC more effective and arrest at will anyone with billion dollar accounts in Nigeria and should be ask to answer questions and those accounts to be monitored
Investigate any suspicious Norther Big wings and charge them to court even when there is no substantial evidence yet: this will make them to be busy with legal cases rather than funding boko haram
eavesdrop their phone lines and plant sss at their houses monitoring all big wings with illegitimate wealth
create jobs and employ all northern youths

I think this will do it. However, i think you nailed it yourself
arrest all the political big wings in the northern state
Re: If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? by Johnny(m): 9:13am On Jun 18, 2012
Where are all the noisemakers here?Why avoiding this thread?Bring your suggestions,which you think GEJ should have implemented long ago.
Re: If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? by obalola7: 3:10pm On Jun 18, 2012
Johnny: Where are all the noisemakers here?Why avoiding this thread?Bring your suggestions,which you think GEJ should have implemented long ago.

I guess its a hard question or at-least its one of the politics people avoid
Re: If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? by bodejohn(m): 7:08pm On Jun 18, 2012
It will be difficult if not impossible for a common citizen to be able to answer this type of question.
The way the president will act or react will largely depend on how he got to the post and the amount of intelligence that is within his reach.
I will not be surprised if a president from the northern part of Nigeria decides to open another amnesty book for those criminals.
This question is not for a bloody civilian to answer.
Re: If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? by obalola7: 8:34am On Jun 19, 2012
bodejohn: It will be difficult if not impossible for a common citizen to be able to answer this type of question.
The way the president will act or react will largely depend on how he got to the post and the amount of intelligence that is within his reach.
I will not be surprised if a president from the northern part of Nigeria decides to open another amnesty book for those criminals.
This question is not for a bloody civilian to answer.

Hmmmn if a bloody civilian can not answer question like this, then that bloody civilian is not worthy to govern a complex Nigeria
Yes i also agree with you that how he got there matter. If we conduct our democracy like U.S and make candidate to campaign and debate then we can test their intellectual capacity. PhD or Master is looking like its worthless now when it comes to governing Nigeria, especially when considering the current administration.

Also, intelligence within the president reach matters, but a meaningful and capable president should not just rely on what he is told, rather he should read, research and probe for answers that will help him.

I also think using Obasanjo style would have help. Get capable and intelligent young people to man every area of power, then you will see changes.
Re: If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? by achi4u(m): 9:19am On Jun 19, 2012
simple medication...divide the country into three North,West,East.
problem solved
Re: If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? by ishmael(m): 10:34am On Jun 19, 2012
GEJ should issue a last warning to all northern governors that if he hears any form of violence coming from their states he will declare a full state of emergency in such states. I bet u no governor would want that to happen to him. The governors will inturn issue warning to all emirs, traditional rulers, and religious leaders in their states that they risk being removed from their thrones and jailed if anything bad happens in their domains. This ones will inturn issue same last warning to all district heads and religious leaders and it gets down to the family level for each head of family to control their wards or else risk being arrested and jailed if any of their wards are caught. If this is done without fear or favour it will help in bringing an end to this BH madness. Adequate security should be provided for those who expose BH members they know. These BH members live with the locals but they are scared to report them cos of what might happen to them and their family members.

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? by obalola7: 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2012
achi4u: simple medication...divide the country into three North,West,East.
problem solved

I quite agree with you, but this can not happen within six months. The separation of Nigeria can not be done by the president, it has to be by the national assembly and as a matter of fact GEJ has sworn to uphold the constitution and separating Nigeria will be illegal and could land him in jail for the rest of his life.

Also, even if separated, there is no guarantee that there will not be local fight.. if there is fight within family, community and clan, there will still be miss understanding even after all have gone on their own way. So the most thing that could happen will not be separation.
Re: If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? by obalola7: 1:22pm On Jun 19, 2012
ishmael: GEJ should issue a last warning to all northern governors that if he hears any form of violence coming from their states he will declare a full state of emergency in such states. I bet u no governor would want that to happen to him. The governors will inturn issue warning to all emirs, traditional rulers, and religious leaders in their states that they risk being removed from their thrones and jailed if anything bad happens in their domains. This ones will inturn issue same last warning to all district heads and religious leaders and it gets down to the family level for each head of family to control their wards or else risk being arrested and jailed if any of their wards are caught. If this is done without fear or favour it will help in bringing an end to this BH madness. Adequate security should be provided for those who expose BH members they know. These BH members live with the locals but they are scared to report them cos of what might happen to them and their family members.

I strongly agree with you. But remember that might not really solve the problem it can only reduced it, especially in those states where the Governor is not loved or where opposition are taggetting ways to get the governor out of the state house. If this happen, Jos will be the first place where head will roll. Except the government has grip on the security to monitor any potential trouble quarter, which may inturn leads to abuse of power from the governors.

But i think that might be one of the cheapest way to reduced it, but not guarantee to tame them permanently, also, especially if the sponsors are from another states.
Re: If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2012
It saddens me that even after this long in the history of the nation, there are still those who ask eejit questions such as this "If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months?". cry cry cry
Re: If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? by swintiney: 5:05pm On Jun 19, 2012
I'll shout "Boko haram, stoooooooooooooop"
Re: If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? by jumobi1(m): 5:13pm On Jun 19, 2012
Have spies join Boko Haram to uncover their sponsors. Same way some Al-Qaeda members are CIA.

1 Like

Re: If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? by obalola7: 2:37am On Jun 20, 2012
Kobojunkie: It saddens me that even after this long in the history of the nation, there are still those who ask eejit questions such as this "If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months?". cry cry cry

Its had to reach conclusion base on what you said above. But you can give illumination on what really saddens you>? Is it the question, the long history or both?

Because you can see that the questions is very important especially if the current president is misplacing priorities. You might want to read this http://saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathans-brazil-junket-show-irresponsible-executive-aloofness-cpc-says and dont forget to read the commentaries below it too
Re: If You Are The President: How Will You Stop Boko Haram In Six Months? by Kobojunkie: 2:41am On Jun 20, 2012
the question. What is the point of this thread? What do you hope to achieve by asking people this question? How many people in developed worlds do you hear asking themselves this sort of question?

Assume you get 100 responses at the end of the day, what do you do with those responses? Again, what is the point of this question, and the point of this exercise.

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Hustle To Make Their Money / ...And the WINNER IS:ADAMS OSHIOMHOLE / Customs Gets New Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.