Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,475 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:05 PM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (433853 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by hope4me2012: 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
vicjustice, justwise and other friends, Pls i need your advice.
I will soon attend visa interview for a 3wk
training in a US university. I had a rejection for conference visa last year on grounds of unclear purpose for d trip.
i am employed with about 200k monthly.
I enrolled in d cooperative at my place of work, so monthly deductions(reflected on d payslip),are made to fund my wifes mini-mart.
My salary acct balance is about 250k.
But i want to use my savings acct with balance of about 1.2million.
How do i go about it. Do i use both or only d savings acct. Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by morizboe: 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2013
@ sunnydayasaba............. Thanks for the answers you gave to me. I really appreciate. Will keep you updated as things roll out.

Any other person cAn throw their contributions/suggestions. I will be grateful indeed. Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 5:40pm On Mar 06, 2013
hope4me2012: vicjustice, justwise and other friends, Pls i need your advice.
training in a US university. I had a rejection for conference visa last year on grounds of unclear purpose for d trip.
I enrolled in d cooperative at my place of work, so monthly deductions(reflected on d payslip),are made to fund my wifes mini-mart.
Support your application using both account provided the funds in them are available for your use
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 5:40pm On Mar 06, 2013
hope4me2012: vicjustice, justwise and other friends, Pls i need your advice.
Support your application using both accounts provided the funds in them are available for your use
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 6:15pm On Mar 06, 2013
morizboe: Vicjustice and other contributors, thank you so much for all the helpful insights. And pls attend to my case too.

I keep marvelling as I followed this thread and read many cases of visa denial.it could be painful anyway and I don't want to experience it as this will be my first visa application......

I'll be 28 by May.I applied for MSc programme at two schools in Denmark and I have gotten a "conditional letter of admission" from one of the schools. They said I could pay my school fees of €7000 per semester and kick off visa application as they'll send me the necessary forms after the school fees payment. But I am not currently working or have any source of income. The last transaction in my oceanic bank account was July last year (alawi) when I finished my national youth service. But I have a brother who stays at Norway, he was the one that encouraged me to do the application and assured that he'll help do the money part of it and also I have a brother that owns a production firm here in Nigeria, he can also sponsor me too. My family surname is very long so I have been shortening it half way ever since my primary school and it has reflected in all my documents, but my brothers have theirs in full(they're my blood elder brothers).will this affect them sponsoring me? Also I don't know what to do to my statement of account so that it wouldn't be seen as money lodgement(if I should pose as sponsoring my self with my brothers money deposited to my own very account), because over 10 months now there has not been any transaction in it and I hope to start the visa application by late April or early May to start school by September. I would have had my brother that has production firm here to sponsor me but, I want to study MSc biotechnology which doesn't have any thing to do with his production firm as the embassy would like to know the impact my education would have on my brothers firm as the sponsor. And also the surname difference. My brother at Norway is a green card holder, working, married to a norwegian girl and has a kid, but our surname is a bit different. On what grounds could he act as my sponsor? Pls I am getting confused already and I need advices..
Thanks and eagerly waiting for your valuable advices.
Your birth certificate and that of your brother (with a declaration & clarification letter) should rectify the surname issue.
To determine whether your brother's presence in Norway is an advantage or not, you need to consider his immigration history and current activities: it won't help if he ever sought asylum before in Norway.
As a student under a sponsor, the embassy would not mind if your account shows evidence of money lodgement, that is very safe: but then, your sponsor's account would need to be checked for traces of the tranfers. But if your sponsor's account shows evidence of money lodgement, then that is the problem
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by 4teelaw(f): 6:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
Vicjustice: There is a good chance that the embassy will contact the bank to see if the money remains in the account after the statement had been taken.

I don't think the embassy has a right to request for you bank account balance,and I don't think any banker will divulge such information to a third party #justmyopinion though
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
4teelaw:

I don't think the embassy has a right to request for you bank account balance,and I don't think any banker will divulge such information to a third party #justmyopinion though
By signing a visa application form, you have given them the rights to investigate your personal matters: and they do have the rights to contact a bank to find out whether a statement of account is accurate, and the bank does have the rights to confirm or oppose it. But what the bank may never do is to reveal the balance of an account or to reveal details that the embassy does not already have.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by hope4me2012: 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
Vicjustice:
Support your application using both accounts provided the funds in them are available for your use

Thanks vicjustice,
Is there a specific way of showing that the funds are available for my use, other than bank statements showing regular cash inflow and outflow. I frequently use both accts.

Also, considering that I was denied US visit visa 1yr ago, do i have to first visit UK or europe before reapplying, though I hav only been to ghana twice.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by morizboe: 10:28am On Mar 07, 2013
Thanks Vicjustice.... In essence, does our relationship (me and sponsor) matter at all? As in, would it be a problem if we don't have family ties or must my sponsor be my relative?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by adegokeadekola: 4:37pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hi @Vicjustice and House

Please i need your urgent advice on this before I apply again.

Me, my wife and my son was refused German visa in 2011, with the reasons below:

1) A FALSE/COUNTERFEIT/FORGED TRAVEL DOCUMENT WAS PRESENTED
2) JUSTIFICATION FOR THE PURPOSE AND CONDITIONS OF INTENDED STAY WAS NOT PROVIDED
3) THE INFORMATION SUBMITTED REGARDING THE JUSTIFICATION FOR THE PURPOSE AND CONDITIONS OF THE INTENDED STAY WAS NOT RELIABLE

I do not present any false document, the only document i think that might be the forged document was the flight reservation one agent did for us and i didn't pay for the hotel reservation.

All other document were mine and my wife, but we have been refused France Visa twice before going to the German embassy.

Please advice cos we want to apply again for German Visa for summer as a tourist.

I have my own company and my wife works with a law firm

Please does it really matter how much is on my Company Tax clearance and my personal tax clearance
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
hope4me2012:

Thanks vicjustice,
Is there a specific way of showing that the funds are available for my use, other than bank statements showing regular cash inflow and outflow. I frequently use both accts.

Also, considering that I was denied US visit visa 1yr ago, do i have to first visit UK or europe before reapplying, though I hav only been to ghana twice.
Funds in fix deposit accounts are not readily available for use

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
morizboe: Thanks Vicjustice.... In essence, does our relationship (me and sponsor) matter at all? As in, would it be a problem if we don't have family ties or must my sponsor be my relative?
Weren't these questions answered in the original post?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by adegokeadekola: 8:14pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hi @Vicjustice

2) JUSTIFICATION FOR THE PURPOSE AND CONDITIONS OF INTENDED STAY WAS NOT PROVIDED
3) THE INFORMATION SUBMITTED REGARDING THE JUSTIFICATION FOR THE PURPOSE AND CONDITIONS OF THE INTENDED STAY WAS NOT RELIABLE

I do not present any false document, the only document i think that might be the forged document was the flight reservation one agent did for us and i didn't pay for the hotel reservation.

All other document were mine and my wife, but we have been refused France Visa twice before going to the German embassy.

Please advice cos we want to apply again for German Visa for summer as a tourist.

Please does it really matter how much is on my Company Tax clearance and my personal tax clearance
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by morizboe: 10:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
@ Vicjustice.... Oh i just reread it....quoting... "Parents/Guidance
(especially for Education)" ... Thank you for all the answers
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 7:16am On Mar 09, 2013
adegokeadekola: Hi @Vicjustice

Western embassies take fraud seriously, if you have been caught using any forged document to support your visa application, I'm afraid you may NEVER be approved of a visa again (at least, not in the near future).
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by adegokeadekola: 8:59am On Mar 09, 2013
@Vicjustice but none of my document were fraud, i used all my original document.

Please, do you think because i didnt pay for the hotel reservation and the flight reservation a agent did for me wasnt paid for, can the VO call that forged document.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by 4teelaw(f): 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2013
Vicjustice: By signing a visa application form, you have given them the rights to investigate your personal matters: and they do have the rights to contact a bank to find out whether a statement of account is accurate, and the bank does have the rights to confirm or oppose it. But what the bank may never do is to reveal the balance of an account or to reveal details that the embassy does not already have.

Yer, we are saying the same thing smiley
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by 4teelaw(f): 7:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
adegokeadekola: Hi @Vicjustice and House

You wanna go to germany? Look for a conference... easy as a pea
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by 4teelaw(f): 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
Vicjustice:
Western embassies take fraud seriously, if you have been caught using any forged document to support your visa application, I'm afraid you may NEVER be approved of a visa again (at least, not in the near future).

I doubt if the flight reservation was forged. Y should anyone forge flight reservation? it is something anybody can do online.

I just got my brother's german visa done on his behalf (he only appeared to submit his application), it took forever and plenty tossing back and forth but eventually got it after going to one cybercafe nearby and arranging another flight reservation.
They printed the visa immediately sef while I waited
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
adegokeadekola: @Vicjustice but none of my document were fraud, i used all my original document.

Please, do you think because i didnt pay for the hotel reservation and the flight reservation a agent did for me wasnt paid for, can the VO call that forged document.
But wasn't this your words?:

"Me, my wife and my son was refused German visa in 2011, with the reasons below:
"
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by adegokeadekola: 9:51am On Mar 12, 2013
@ Vicjustice, thanks for the quick reply... been busy with other thing.

I swear down bro, none of the document was forged...i arranged for all the documents myself...
please is there anyway i can know which of the document was fake.Can i ask my lawyer to write them?

I think maybe they just tick any of the box to say forged documents

please can i have your contact details, maybe email or phone number, please

Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by 4teelaw(f): 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2013
adegokeadekola: @ Vicjustice, thanks for the quick reply... been busy with other thing.

I swear down bro, none of the document was forged...i arranged for all the documents myself...
please is there anyway i can know which of the document was fake.Can i ask my lawyer to write them?

I think maybe they just tick any of the box to say forged documents

please can i have your contact details, maybe email or phone number, please

Thanks

sometimes they could make mistakes, they r human, they indicated once that my brother did not include hotel booking, meanwhile, the convention is taking care of accomodation. I had to bring it to their notice so they ate their words, I think ur lawyer should write them and request for a review, as long as u r sure u didnt forge any documents. At least to clear your name, even if not for visa purposes

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 4:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
adegokeadekola: I do not present any false document, the only document i think that might be the forged document was the flight reservation one agent did for us and i didn't pay for the hotel reservation
These documents might indeed have been forged, and if so, you have been placed on the 10 years ban, there is nothing you can do.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 5:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
4teelaw:

I doubt if the flight reservation was forged. Y should anyone forge flight reservation? it is something anybody can do online.
Unfortunately, people still manipulate with flight tickets to make it match with their proposed dates of travel since it is not normally possible to do so without payment.
This is an utterly foolish thing for any agent to do as flight tickets are not a necessity during visa application.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by adegokeadekola: 9:24am On Mar 14, 2013
Morning House,

Please i need a good site to book a family vacation packages tour in Germany..

Help
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by ameeno: 9:46am On Mar 14, 2013
Hi everyone... i have just been refused a Uk visa because my hotel reservation was cancelled and the hotel said they tried to call me severally put couldnt get through and they didnt bother to send me an email. All my other documentations were ok. what do i do now should i send in a review letter with a fresh and confirmed reservation or do i put in a fresh application.. Please advice ASAP as am still in Lagos and in need of a next step.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:52am On Mar 14, 2013
adegokeadekola: Morning House,

Please i need a good site to book a family vacation packages tour in Germany..

Help
www.google.com

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:53am On Mar 14, 2013
ameeno:
Hi everyone... i have just been refused a Uk visa because my hotel reservation was cancelled and the hotel said they tried to call me severally put couldnt get through and they didnt bother to send me an email. All my other documentations were ok. what do i do now should i send in a review letter with a fresh and confirmed reservation or do i put in a fresh application.. Please advice ASAP as am still in Lagos and in need of a next step.
The decision was a fair one, so it would be useless to apply for a review: you can't integrate a new hotel booking into this already decided application case
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by adegokeadekola: 1:21pm On Mar 14, 2013
Vicjustice: www.google.com

just asking if you have any reliable one
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by koolmd: 3:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
koolmd: Hello All,

I am a 38 yr old Single Male Nigerian. Presently, i intend sending in my application for tourist visa to Canada. I have visited Paris, France and Manchester UK( both on vacations. I work for an Oil and Gas Coy in Nigeria, and my company is paying some part of my travel expense (airfare and accomodation) which they will state in the cover note as they have done for me on my previous trips. My Salary is about 400k/mnth. I have just about 3.5M in 2 accts i operate.

My concern here is that, i have previously applied for the Canadian Federal Skill Worker Program in 2009 but was not accepted for the reason that my profession had been removed from the approved list of professions eligible for consideration. I have packaged all my docs. including hotel booking /reciepts from previous trips, even pictures of places i visited on tour, tour handbills/pamphlets etc from previous tours. I just like to know what my chances are otherwise i could choose to visit a different location apart from canada.

Advise is needed please.

Hello Vicjustice and others in the house...I applied for a TRV to canada for 8 day vacation but was refused today. The only reason ticked by the Visa officer is ..PURPOSE of my intended stay. I attached my intended itenerary and every other documentation. I think i have a good travel history as well as my last vacation in Nov. 2012 was spent in The Netherlands and France. What can i do now as i genuinely wanted to go on the vacation and am dissapointed that my visa application was refused.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:45pm On Mar 25, 2013
koolmd:

Hello Vicjustice and others in the house...I applied for a TRV to canada for 8 day vacation but was refused today. The only reason ticked by the Visa officer is ..PURPOSE of my intended stay. I attached my intended itenerary and every other documentation. I think i have a good travel history as well as my last vacation in Nov. 2012 was spent in The Netherlands and France. What can i do now as i genuinely wanted to go on the vacation and am dissapointed that my visa application was refused.
I don't think your Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) application was refused because the visa officer thought you do not have a good travel history, but because the officer is not satisfied that your given purpose of visit holds enough water.
Perhaps you meet every other requirement, but if the purpose of your intended visit does not seem to be a valid reason to apply for the TRV, you may still be refused.
Knowing that applying for a visa is not just for anyone who will or anyone who desires but for those who have valid reasons to travel, i recommend that you make a good travel plan by studying the areas that you wish to give as places of your interest and make reasonable arrangements of how you intend to spend your time and the activities that you will be engaged in during your stay: if you can explain these to the visa officer, you would be approved.

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Asorock1: 8:22am On Mar 26, 2013
Hello Good morning everyone...I have been following this forum for quite sometime now, I must say u guys are doing a great job most special thanks to u Vicjustice , keep it up...please I need a reply on this;
I'm a young man of 31, married for 2 years now with a kid .. I work as a sales supervisor with a marketing company( distributor) to Nigeria brewery n Guinness ...monthly salary of N145k...I have been with this company for 6 years now, I intend traveling to US for tourism without my wife n kid...during my 2 weeks annual vacation, I have never travel to any country not even within Africa....my savings account balance is about N1.3m....I will be sending my application any moment from now n intend going by July first week and I will be sponsoring myself ....I will be going with this documents
-marriage cert.
-child's birth cert.
-my age declaration
-my bank statement( savings)
-hotel reservations(14 days) no relative there
But my major concern is that my company doesn't pay our salary directly to our account, is being paid at the company by the accountant even my allowances, so I have been depositing to the account as self.
Again do I need a tax clearance cert. and what other documents do I need.
please whats my chances of getting a US tourist visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.