Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,408 members, 7,781,184 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:19 AM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (433848 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by lizodus: 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
I have a quick question. If I wanna apply for a UK Visa, can my sponsor in Nigeria use a UK statement of account. Someone suggested it is best if it's a Nigerian account. What's your take please?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:48am On Dec 03, 2016
ebose09:

good morning,how is ur week going?I believe u are having a wonderful week already.
thank for all your responses it enable prepare ahead and also to know what to do and no to do.
another question.since the payment of my salary in bulk can cause a slight problem came I was thinking of going any it in a different way,i will show prove of evidence in form of a written letter to the company requesting that the pay me at d end of 3month for personal reasons.what do u think any this.
pls once again there is ds pressing matter that I need to get advise on in private,it one of my plans for travelling but it confidential I just need ur advice on it before I move ahead.pls can I get ur mail,u might not want to post it here.pls u can send me a mail.eehidiamen@gmail.com
I will really appreciate it
It would make things easier if you proofread your text before posting it because, i am having a hard time understanding your points.
Well, i am not sure whether it is a good idea to request your company to pay you at the end of 3 months because, i am of the opinion that this could be seen as a maneuvering move to the discredit of the company for allowing such flexibility which is an indication of lack of proper policy and procedures?
As for the "confidential matter", i would have considered your request had you have your photo or anything that identifies you displayed in this site: but i just checked your profile and i can see that you are anonymous (with no photo and no personal data of yours in display) therefore, i would say that whatever you say here is confidential.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:51am On Dec 03, 2016
lizodus:
I have a quick question. If I wanna apply for a UK Visa, can my sponsor in Nigeria use a UK statement of account. Someone suggested it is best if it's a Nigerian account. What's your take please?
First of all, you have to be concerned whether you are applying for a student visa and the sponsor is your own parent, legal guardian, sibling or spouse.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by DisturbingEU(m): 4:40pm On Dec 04, 2016
good evening guys I wanna apply for France schengen visa, I just want to visit during this festive period... pls what are the documents needed? I'm married with a kid.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by unapologetic: 11:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
I have a urgent question. I'm sponsoring my junior brother who is just 2 years younger than me for his masters in the US. the bank statement i intend to give him is not my salary account . I'm a Pilot for the Nigeria Police force, also a shareholder in a start up company that has gone mega.. i do business of any kind that will bring in money , hence the inconsistencies in the statement i intend to give him. Will this affect his application? he has embassy appointment next week. Please, will this have any effect on his interview?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by def111(m): 5:31am On Dec 07, 2016
unapologetic:
I have a urgent question. I'm sponsoring my junior brother who is just 2 years younger than me for his masters in the US. the bank statement i intend to give him is not my salary account . I'm a Pilot for the Nigeria Police force, also a shareholder in a start up company that has gone mega.. i do business of any kind that will bring in money , hence the inconsistencies in the statement i intend to give him. Will this affect his application? he has embassy appointment next week. Please, will this have any effect on his interview?

take your questions to the right side..

www.nairaland.com/2669622/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by unapologetic: 12:08pm On Dec 15, 2016
def111:

take your questions to the right side..

www.nairaland.com/2669622/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s

Thank you.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Endycash1(m): 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hey Guys compliment of the season i got the swedish visa to visit my wife after the long struggle , God has finally favoured me . its a long road as i write to you i am in lund sweden with my darling wife . just wanna let yall know never give up on your dreams . i was denied twice by france and my passport been sent to the immigration office for some stupid reasons and mistake done by the foolish agent . but sweden issued the visa to me .. no agent or what so ever , i was asked to submit all the necessary documents, we both did all that was asked by the swedish embassy . we even added more documents to spice things up more Lol. and behold i was given the visa in 9 days . dont listen to people who just talk and dont have any idea of what they are talking about . I booked an appointment with the swedish embassy abuja which i was granted , did a short interview with them nothing too serious but at first i was nervous the funny thing is the visa was free if you like doubt me but its real when GODS favour hits you nothing on this earth can stop it . please guys becareful with so call agents they can ruin ones destiny , i was almost a victim of it but never gave up. ciao

3 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hey what kind of visa was it you applied , Sambo or visiting visa by the way Valkommen
Endycash1:
Hey Guys compliment of the season i got the swedish visa to visit my wife after the long struggle , God has finally favoured me . its a long road as i write to you i am in lund sweden with my darling wife . just wanna let yall know never give up on your dreams . i was denied twice by france and my passport been sent to the immigration office for some stupid reasons and mistake done by the foolish agent . but sweden issued the visa to me .. no agent or what so ever , i was asked to submit all the necessary documents, we both did all that was asked by the swedish embassy . we even added more documents to spice things up more Lol. and behold i was given the visa in 9 days . dont listen to people who just talk and dont have any idea of what they are talking about . I booked an appointment with the swedish embassy abuja which i was granted , did a short interview with them nothing too serious but at first i was nervous the funny thing is the visa was free if you like doubt me but its real when GODS favour hits you nothing on this earth can stop it . please guys becareful with so call agents they can ruin ones destiny , i was almost a victim of it but never gave up. ciao
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by tossyn147: 7:51am On Jan 10, 2017
Dear All

Please I need your advice, what should I use as the purpose of my travelling in the letter of introduction that my employer will give me considering I want to travel to the US for childbirth. I will appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks in advance
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by def111(m): 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
tossyn147:
Dear All

Please I need your advice, what should I use as the purpose of my travelling in the letter of introduction that my employer will give me considering I want to travel to the US for childbirth. I will appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks in advance

Hi, kindly take your question to the right thread for it to be answer..

www.nairaland.com/3436650/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/76#52680155
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:16am On Feb 10, 2017
tossyn147:
Dear All

Thanks in advance
I know this is coming late.
Should employee letter of introduction contain the purpose of your travel?
Well, be very careful with misrepresentation, you could get into real trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by youseuph(m): 7:19am On Mar 05, 2017
Hello vicjustice. Here is my case; I work with a state govt with a salary of 150k after tax, but am being owed up to 6months. At the same time, I am a partner in a company co-owned with a friend, but we are not collecting salary yet from the company. Now my question is how best can I make use of the fund from the company for my visa application? I want to visit UK to write a professional exam as well as my partner.
Thanks as I await your response.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
youseuph:
Hello vicjustice. Here is my case; I work with a state govt with a salary of 150k after tax, but am being owed up to 6months. At the same time, I am a partner in a company co-owned with a friend, but we are not collecting salary yet from the company. Now my question is how best can I make use of the fund from the company for my visa application? I want to visit UK to write a professional exam as well as my partner.
Thanks as I await your response.
You said that you've not yet started getting paid, so what fund are you talking about?
If you're hoping to use the company's fund, that would be unacceptable for 5 reasons:
1) You do not entirely own the company.
2) The company hasn't yet been through the test of time to prove that it is one that is credible and is sustainable.
3) Even if you solely own the company, the fund therein is supposed to be managed within the company's interest.
4) You'd need to satisfyingly demonstrate how the company would benefit from your travel.
5) You'd need evidence of approval from the company's co-owner, and explain why s/he is allowing you to use the company's fund.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by firstobo: 11:32am On Mar 15, 2017
Good day all. I have visited ireland before in may 2016 for holiday for 7 days and i departed the country after my Holiday. In february 2017 i applied for a visa to the uk to attend a conference and i was refused because the visa officer said i didnt state the site where i converted my salary into GPB. And they dont belive i have enough funds for the trip and i wont depart the uk after my visit and i was refused. Now i want to visit ireland again in June for a conference. Will ireland refuse me as they share information with uk because i must state that i have been refused by uk before or do i have a chance of getting the visa? Please advice. Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by smilz(m): 5:41pm On Mar 18, 2017
Good day house. Hope everyone is having a splendid weekend!
I have some few questions to ask.
Was discussing with my boss how I've never traveled to any country, so she decided i visit the Uk since that's where the company's Hq is. Said the company will cover accommodation and if she need present anything like sponsorship letter or so i should let her know. But,I'm a bit worried.
1.A friend told me the chances of me getting a visa is slim since i haven't traveled to any country. That i should try and visit Ghana first.

2. I plan traveling by September 2017, though right now i have just $800 in my dom account, and 100,000 in my salary account, because i just got a job in January. But, after being paid, i move the money to my diamond account (my savings account i just opened last month) My salary is 170,000 after tax so i know i can save up more. Or do i ask my boss for account statement on my behalf?

3. I know I'll be asked my purpose of visit. Should it be leisure? Cos that doesnt seem right if the company is sending an invitation letter. Or can my boss invite me as a friend instead? Cos she said she can do that too. Instead of company invitation route.

4. When is the right time to start my application?

Thanks alot.
Please don't get offended by my questions, just don't know how to go about it.

Please any comment on how to proceed would be appreciated.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by NCRichy: 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2017
Please i need an advice.
I work with a federal parastetal. i got admision to proceed for my masters in canada. and i want to use my office as sponsor for my visa processing.

Please do my office need to give me a bank statement of just a cover letter to state they are sending me.

Please advice me on the best way i will present my case to the embassy
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by NCRichy: 4:40pm On Apr 11, 2017
Hello House,
Please i need an advice.
I work with a federal parastetal. i got admision to proceed for my masters in canada. and i want to use my office as sponsor for my visa processing.

Please do my office need to give me a bank statement of just a cover letter to state they are sending me.

Please advice me on the best way i will present my case to the embassy
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by fav2deep: 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
I'm with an admission to study in France, I do not have up to 2million in account, which other statement of Account can I use, my parents do not too , must it be someone related to me.... My uncle is d sponsorbut he doesn't bear the surname.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by krissein: 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hi guys,

Myself, my wife and son were recently denied Canadian visa, only box ticked was insufficient funds. The account had a little above 4million naira.

I stated 6,500CAD as funds available for our stay in Canada for 18days... Hotel reservation was included in application

Any advice please?

Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by krissein: 10:18pm On Apr 21, 2017
i guys,

Myself, my wife and son were recently denied Canadian visa, only box ticked was insufficient funds. The account had a little above 4million naira.

I stated 6,500CAD as funds available for our stay in Canada for 18days... Hotel reservation was included in application

Any advice please?

Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by def111(m): 7:34am On Apr 22, 2017
krissein:
i guys,

Any advice please?

Thanks

your 18days is too much for vacation, you can try US, you don't need statement of account or invitation letter. you don't like any documents, make it 10days only..
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by jayfierce(m): 10:54am On Apr 24, 2017
krissein:
i guys,

Any advice please?

Thanks
"Funds available for stay" is a grossly misunderstood question.

4milion naira translates to about 13,000 - 14,000CAD. By saying you have 6,500cad available for your stay you've indirectly said that the remaining 6,500 - 7,500cad is not available.

Flights could cost almost 3/4 or more of 6,500cad for the three of you. Then add hotel bills, transportation, feeding, shopping, and contingencies. So saying you have insufficient funds is probably right.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Omosakin: 9:00am On Apr 25, 2017
Hello i was denied a us visa, i got admission at the english institute of university of utah the interviewer said my english was good enough after he saw that i was a graduate of pol science from uniabuja the letter rejection letter says that i have no strong ties to home country
Please wat should i do?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by b1211(m): 12:42am On Apr 27, 2017
Attended to!
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Schonebaby: 3:58pm On May 04, 2017
Good morning house. Please I need cogent advice. I have never travelled out before. I just finished my M.Sc. program here in Nigeria and I applied for a 3 month research training scholarship in Spain . I got the scholarship fortunately just a week after I got married. I'm to start the research stay in September and end in November ending. I have a funding of 4,900 dollars. My question now is can I apply with my husband so he can come later and spend 2 weeks (his annual leave ) with me. Note that he will be able to come join October for 2 weeks before going back to his job while I will be resuming September. What are his chances? Do we have to apply for his own separately or can I do it along with mine? Can I use my maiden name passport to do all this and apply for him, bearing in mind that my scholarship is in my maiden name. (we are married legally) Thank you. I don't want to make any mistake when I start processing.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 05, 2017
Schonebaby:
Good morning house. Please I need cogent advice. I have never travelled out before. I just finished my M.Sc. program here in Nigeria and I applied for a 3 month research training scholarship in Spain . I got the scholarship fortunately just a week after I got married. I'm to start the research stay in September and end in November ending. I have a funding of 4,900 dollars. My question now is can I apply with my husband so he can come later and spend 2 weeks (his annual leave ) with me. Note that he will be able to come join October for 2 weeks before going back to his job while I will be resuming September. What are his chances? Do we have to apply for his own separately or can I do it along with mine? Can I use my maiden name passport to do all this and apply for him, bearing in mind that my scholarship is in my maiden name. (we are married legally) Thank you. I don't want to make any mistake when I start processing.

I'm not a Visa officer and honestly I don't know your situation or much about visa to go to Spain.However, your situation seems very genuine to me and I dont see why you should be denied.

However, I believe because of the way we have let the oyinbos drag us on the ground and discriminate against us,they continue to do it. I will advice that you use your passport as it is. Im sure you have your marriage certificate to prove he is married to you when it is time for him to visit.

Changing your name should be your prerogative. Apply alone for your visa and when it gets to the time your husband would need to come and spend his leave, let him to apply for his own visa.

Oyinbos have been travelling around the world for centuries. They come to Africa very easily. In fact they came in the past without invitation and took away lots of resources while at it. I wonder why black people are discriminated against when they also want to travel and just for a visit or for school? Only one word. We all know what that word is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 7:56am On May 11, 2017
Schonebaby:
The mistake that you don't want to make would be made when you and your husband make the visa application together..
The both of you can apply together if you're going for family trip, but if you're applying for a student visa, then I recommend that you make it more appropriate by formally applying for a student visa alone: you don't want to give the visa officer the impression that you're migrating, do you?
I'm aware that there are circumstances when it is appropriate for the both of you to apply for the visa together, so I suggest that you first find out whether your situation falls in the circumstances.
As for discrepancy in your surname, that shouldn't be a problem provided you have documents that shows and link the surnames to you: and if you need to explain anything, use affidavit.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Dhollargurl(f): 8:41pm On May 15, 2017
Please, I need help and I'm actually new here. Went for the interview today and was denied but the VO Didn't ask many questions or asked to see my docs. My husband is sponsoring me and she didn't ask how much he earns, also, I have a job (pharmacist) and earn 120k monthly,she only asked of that and how long I've been working with the current place of work which is 6 months cos I just relocated to lagos because of marriage. If only she had asked for financial capacity she would have known I'm more than capable but she didn't sadly. Please, i would like to know what I did wrong as shxe didn't even ask to see any documents at all.Can anyone reply my post pls? Was going to go to Atlanta and the doctor and hospital Bill was like 8k and we budgeted 13k but the VO Didn't even ask if I had made any prior plans. I want to reapply cos edd is July but I really want to know what went wrong so as to avoid it next time. It is actually sad
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:23am On May 16, 2017
Dhollargurl:
Please, I need help and I'm actually new here. Went for the interview today and was denied but the VO Didn't ask many questions or asked to see my docs. My husband is sponsoring me and she didn't ask how much he earns, also, I have a job (pharmacist) and earn 120k monthly,she only asked of that and how long I've been working with the current place of work which is 6 months cos I just relocated to lagos because of marriage. If only she had asked for financial capacity she would have known I'm more than capable but she didn't sadly. Please, i would like to know what I did wrong as shxe didn't even ask to see any documents at all.Can anyone reply my post pls? Was going to go to Atlanta and the doctor and hospital Bill was like 8k and we budgeted 13k but the VO Didn't even ask if I had made any prior plans. I want to reapply cos edd is July but I really want to know what went wrong so as to avoid it next time. It is actually sad
It is an express ground for visa refusal if you have not stayed for the minimum of 12 months in your current job: although, some visa officers do overrule this clause.
Another possible reason for the refusal is that you seem to be applying for a visa of the wrong category, for example, applying for a tourist visa where-as you intend to travel for medical reason (without revealing it to the visa officer): the visa officer might have observed something that you did not volunteer in your information, for example, pregnancy.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by customised87: 8:32am On May 16, 2017
Dhollargurl:

Post this question here
https://www.nairaland.com/3436650/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/224

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.