Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,508 members, 7,770,288 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:39 AM

During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? (103653 Views)

NYSC: A Litmus Test For A Faithful Wife/girlfriend / 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC / Why Do Some Married Ladies Commit Adultery During NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by bashexyz: 10:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
Certification to do during service.. am sure different companies must have bombarded you with different certifications and prices. But i want u corpers to know. this is nigeria. And as a corper there is no experience level. So go for certification that will cover your experience..

CCNA, CCNP networking
OCA OCP database
ICAN ACCA accounting
MCSE MCITP (add excel & word) Microsoft System
CIPM
CRM SCM E_business
CEH CHFI Security

These courses below are waste of resources for a corper as they wont get you a job.
(PMP ITIL, HSE, human resource management, project+, CAPM)

4 Likes

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by omidan21: 11:00am On Jan 07, 2013
[quote author=helphelp]ISMN: Institute of Strategic Management Nigeria...!

Very awesome...![/quote

Very awesome you say,I hope soo cause]I just got my registration form,just that I am still being skeptical abt it.please do u really think ISMN is worth doing and it wld give me an edge in d labour market.urgent answer needed
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by richiepmp: 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
bashexyz: Certification to do during service.. am sure different companies must have bombarded you with different certifications and prices. But i want u corpers to know. this is nigeria. And as a corper there is no experience level. So go for certification that will cover your experience..

CCNA, CCNP networking
OCA OCP database
ICAN ACCA accounting
MCSE MCITP (add excel & word) Microsoft System
CIPM
CRM SCM E_business
CEH CHFI Security

These courses below are waste of resources for a corper as they wont get you a job.
(PMP ITIL, HSE, human resource management, project+, CAPM)

Who told you that taking PMP, HRM and Project Management Courses cant ensure Job opportunities for corpers after service??, If you really must be seen as high profile after your Service year, these courses you are neglecting are the ones that can guarantee you a space in the ever dynamic world of employment.

A PMP or a CAPM, will not only let your prospective employer put a premium on you but also put you in the eyes of world employment. These Certifications are international standards.

So pl reconsider your commment and inclination.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by bashexyz: 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
richie_pmp:

Who told you that taking PMP, HRM and Project Management Courses cant ensure Job opportunities for corpers after service??, If you really must be seen as high profile after your Service year, these courses you are neglecting are the ones that can guarantee you a space in the ever dynamic world of employment.

A PMP or a CAPM, will not only let your prospective employer put a premium on you but also put you in the eyes of world employment. These Certifications are international standards.

So pl reconsider your commment and inclination.

PMP, CAPM , ITIL are courses that require working experience. Its only in nigeria you see a corper doing PMP and can't defend it on a real life project. Because he/she never handled one. The Project management institutes know these, but won't tell you the truth. They only want to make profit. I worked for one and I know how the system works. Do PMP & SHE, 2yrs you will still be job hunting.

2 Likes

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by bashexyz: 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
mZ sleeq: pls house, wah abt professional courses 4 science students?

There are a lot of professional exams for science students.

Here is a phone number of a customer representative for New Horizon. He'll put you through.
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by richiepmp: 4:26pm On Jan 07, 2013
I am rather surprised that you're so biased about having such a forefront training in this dynamic world. I think i would assume that you're very myopic and maybe you've not really been introduced to institutions that train people on real life project situations and you know the good news is that most of the trainees are getting the good jobs and doing very fine. I think you really need to cool down and get educated on the benefits and applied impacts of PMP, Prince2, CAPM or ITIL etc rather than you just trying to impose your own programmes which I have no objections to but your way of going about it. Please have a re-think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by bashexyz: 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
I am not been biased. I am just been honest with the situation of things. In a country with very high unemployed youths and inadequate access to information.
PMP, CAPM, Price2, ITIL are of no use till you have a job you are currently working on. You call yourself rich_pmp. Do you even know the difference btwn PMP, CAPM and Prince2, why these differences and what are the real reasons they were designed for... And i am not imposing any certification on anyone. I just dont want limited resources to be wasted.

3 Likes

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by omidan21: 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2013
hey house,i have registered for the following professional course cips(chartered institute of purchasing and supply,customer service management,ismn)wld be writing the exams by march en april.now my main question is i have started writing and compiling my CV but is it right for me to add this certifications to my cv even though i have not been chartered yet but i have registered my membership with them.pls house what do u think.how do i state these training en certification in my Cv.thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Bisjosh(f): 12:59pm On Jan 13, 2013
omidan21: hey house,i have registered for the following professional course cips(chartered institute of purchasing and supply,customer service management,ismn)wld be writing the exams by march en april.now my main question is i have started writing and compiling my CV but is it right for me to add this certifications to my cv even though i have not been chartered yet but i have registered my membership with them.pls house what do u think.how do i state these training en certification in my Cv.thanks.

Write student membership for them all eg student member of ismn. Till you are certified!
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Cmiller(m): 10:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
Studied Agric. Engineering, so what professional course should I take? Please
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by bashexyz: 1:23pm On Jan 18, 2013
Cmiller: Studied Agric. Engineering, so what professional course should I take? Please

Professional courses are for everyone irrespective of your field. All it requires is your passion and interest. you are the best person to decide on whatever field you want to major in.
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by olaedo3087(f): 9:41am On Jan 23, 2013
DISTANCE LEARNING PROGRAMMES: Empower yourself to become a research data analyst.

Take short courses in data analytics at your own pace and convenience of your home.

Statistical analysis with IBM SPSS
Statistical analysis with Stata
Econometric modeling and analysis with EViews
Statistical analysis with Excel
...and other data management packages with online-based examination and certification.

Enroll via www.data-ville.com/training
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by lokojay89(m): 6:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
Please as an Elect/Elect Engring graduate, which professional course I can put in for during my service year?
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by nwachineke00: 6:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
Bisjosh:

Thank u very much. Pls what is the full meaning of ISMN so that i can google it

Pls ooo. My cousin said nooo to NIM
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
Im currently learning ibm spss. D curriculum is very rich and explicit. 3 of my fellow coper colleagues are workin on stata and eviews concurrently. My major challenge is phcn inadequate supply cos i intend to master 4 packages b4 i roundup my nysc.

olaedo3087: DISTANCE LEARNING PROGRAMMES: Empower yourself to become a research data analyst.

Take short courses in data analytics at your own pace and convenience of your home.

Statistical analysis with IBM SPSS
Statistical analysis with Stata
Econometric modeling and analysis with EViews
Statistical analysis with Excel
...and other data management packages with online-based examination and certification.

Enroll via www.data-ville.com/training

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Uchesis: 5:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
violent:

Try NIOGG (Nigerian Institute of Goalless Graduates)

Do you not have any objectives set for yourself, that you depend on people to tell you what you must do with your own life? Nothing is more indicative of a life without goals than someone who comes on internet asking for a good professional course to take. Do you intend to just become anything?

Mr.Violent if u knw u have notin useful 2 say, just SHUT D HELL UP! Do u tink u r beta dan anybody here. Sum pple sef. Imagine calling d OP a goaless graduate. Why?

2 Likes

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by bashexyz: 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
As an elect/elect grad, would suggest you go into networking. And not just do it to get a job but understand the technologies. Then good job offers will come knocking.
lokojay89: Please as an Elect/Elect Engring graduate, which professional course I can put in for during my service year?
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by cfola: 1:51pm On Feb 09, 2013
bashexyz,

I like your analyses of professional courses breakdown.

Project Management skills are needed by all and sundry. It is the new trend to running and managing whatever job you take to do. So if you are a Corper who hopes to get on the job train or even go entrepreneurial, you should look towards project management training to give you that edge.

Project Management is an all-comers affairs and is not limited to any particular profession, course or field. We hope government will soon introduce it in the format GNS is been done by all in schools.

I can however assure you that at our project management training organisation, we have taken time to put corp members into consideration reason why we are promoting project management to them at the CAPM level.

The good option is that all corpers have the same opportunity to access the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) training irrespective of their PPA location.

This is because, we have developed Our Online portal, thereby making it possible to access your courseware once you have internet access either on your phones or on a regular PC.

The steps and procedure to register online are available on the website. We are currently running a promo for corp members at an unbelievable cheap price.

Visit www.pmnigeria.com/elearning-portal1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 09, 2013
Are you a Nigerian youth seeking for non existent job? Is your financial stability still are mirage? Get free entrepreneurial tips and updates directlt on your wall. Be the first to click LIKE: www.facebook.com/ngentrepreneur

1 Like

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Ecymaco: 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2013
i studied Home Economics,pls which course should i embark on
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by donigspain(m): 7:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
Hi house, I studied Geography and Meteorology and presently serving in Benue state. Please, I just sat for Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) professional course exam on the 17th of this month and I also hope to register for Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) professional course by next month. I wish to know the relevance of these certificates (plus knowledge/skill) in the Nigerian labour market. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by penzino(m): 4:48pm On Feb 22, 2013
dl_jbd: This solely depends on your area of interest. Project Management is a good one considering your course and its relevance to virtually all fields. I'm presently serving and doing Oracle DB training in preparation for its cert examz. Project Management is next. That's my own area of interest. So find yours and acquire all necessary knowledge and skills related to it. Could be sewing grin...hand-skills aren't a bad idea you know
right on point bro
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by zub(m): 11:40am On Feb 23, 2013
omidan21: hey house,i have registered for the following professional course cips(chartered institute of purchasing and supply,customer service management,ismn)wld be writing the exams by march en april.now my main question is i have started writing and compiling my CV but is it right for me to add this certifications to my cv even though i have not been chartered yet but i have registered my membership with them.pls house what do u think.how do i state these training en certification in my Cv.thanks.
bros,how do i register for cips and ismn. Plz send me details on how to go about the registration. Thankz.
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by omidan21: 11:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
zub: bros,how do i register for cips and ismn. Plz send me details on how to go about the registration. Thankz.

Shooooo,I no be bros ooh I be Geh.anyways,am happy knowing u are interested in Cips en isn.I wld update u on these two later in d day.my eyes are filled with sleep bags right now
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by zub(m): 7:12am On Feb 24, 2013
omidan21:

Shooooo,I no be bros ooh I be Geh.anyways,am happy knowing u are interested in Cips en isn.I wld update u on these two later in d day.my eyes are filled with sleep bags right now
thankz alot. U can hit me on my contact displayed on my signature. Plz so interested.
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by bashexyz: 11:56am On Feb 24, 2013
before doing any certification. do you your research. ask yourself these questions

1. is it viable?
2. will it add/upgrade ur skills?
3. what do you intend to achieve doing that particular certification?
4. how valuable is it in the nigerian job market?
5. what are your goals and objectives career-wise?
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by donigspain(m): 2:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
donigspain: Hi house, I studied Geography and Meteorology and presently serving in Benue state. Please, I just sat for Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) professional course exam on the 17th of this month and I also hope to register for Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) professional course by next month. I wish to know the relevance of these certificates (plus knowledge/skill) in the Nigerian labour market. Thanks.
Someone should help out here^^^
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 25, 2013
Email us via frontdesk@data-ville.com for professional advice.

donigspain:
Someone should help out here^^^

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps / The Shameful Adulterous Lives Of Some Corpers / Female Corper Sexually Harasses Male Corper At Lagos NYSC Camp, Touches His Dick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.