Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:28 AM

During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? (103651 Views)

NYSC: A Litmus Test For A Faithful Wife/girlfriend / 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC / Why Do Some Married Ladies Commit Adultery During NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Lililuv(f): 10:00am On Jul 27, 2013
I studied English n literature,what professional course can i do?am presently serving in benue state,pls i need ur advise
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by donigspain(m): 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
Lililuv: I studied English n literature,what professional course can i do?am presently serving in benue state,pls i need ur advise
I think a professional course on Customer Relations won't be a bad suggestion. It's conducted by Institute of Customer Relations... (ICR)
Am also serving in Benue state. I went for HSE.
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by CallCTrainer: 7:05am On Jul 29, 2013
You might want to consider certifications in Call centre & Customer services operations.
For Careers in Call centres,contact centres and customer service/client facing roles.
www.b20consulting.com
trainings in abuja & Lagos

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Barryp(m): 10:20am On Aug 06, 2013
rodeo0070: I would suggest you go for your ICAN. Its a good professional course. along side it, u can go for some IT courses like CISA. Or u can try and learn how to use softwares like peachtree accounting, tally pro etc. all these are very good ways to build yourself and profile cos its they are worth it in d labour market.
Sure NYSC might be a waste of time to some but don't waste yours as well cos this is d time you can channel or re-channel your career path. Wherever u r posted u shud see it as a place to improve urself.
Apart frm taking of course, engage yourself in some trainins like how to repair things(say, electronics, fashion,agric, entertainment etc) . It helps a lot cos u neva can tell wen it will be useful. I used mine to support myself for d period of joblessness till I got a job.
Just see to it that you must learn everyday. Thank you.
pls I studied pub adm, wich prof xam shld I enrol 4? Am curently servin. I was planin 2 reg 4 NIM bt wit wat am hearin.....
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Barryp(m): 10:27am On Aug 06, 2013
bashexyz: I am not been biased. I am just been honest with the situation of things. In a country with very high unemployed youths and inadequate access to information.
PMP, CAPM, Price2, ITIL are of no use till you have a job you are currently working on. You call yourself rich_pmp. Do you even know the difference btwn PMP, CAPM and Prince2, why these differences and what are the real reasons they were designed for... And i am not imposing any certification on anyone. I just dont want limited resources to be wasted.
pls Im agraduat of pub adm 4rm KSP. Wich prof cours shld I reg 4 as a corpr?
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Lililuv(f): 8:34am On Aug 26, 2013
thanks dear,i really do appreciate.how can u locate them?
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Lililuv(f): 8:42am On Aug 26, 2013
thanks dearie,i really do appreciate.where can i locate them?
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by davide470(m): 2:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
My 2 cents!

For those who studied Engineering, please don't do HSE.. Really guys.. If u wanna be a safety engineer, fine, u can go through NISP and do standard safety courses.. Instead, do trainings on Engineering softwares (ASPEN HYSYS, PDMS, ASPEN FLARENET, FLARESIM, AUTOCAD, SOLID WORKS, PIPESIM, ECLIPSE, SMARTPLANT, ASPEN PLUS, CCNA, CCIE, Oracle, PI, PIPEPHASE, SAFE et al... )

Engineers are basically designers in this part of the country and you got 2 make urself relevant.

Am a Chemical Engineer by the way!.

1 Like

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by DieDiamant: 6:23am On Sep 02, 2013
Pls for someone that has B.A in foriegn language, which professional course do you recommend (apart from Aviation courses)
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by olaitan1(f): 8:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
Pls for someone that read agronomy( agric).what management course can she go for. Someone adviced her to go for IPMP.should she go ahead with it?
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Kingscollege(m): 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2013
pls for some one that study boko haram which professuonal course is good....***
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by ini4: 1:42am On Jul 05, 2014
Good day fellas, an Opportunity had been given to be part of the NYSC Prospective BATCH B 2014 group on WHAPSAPP as well as getin full update on topics such as (1)How To Prepare For NYSC Orientation Camp. (2)The secret of knowing how to work your NYSC posting to OIL companies. (3)How NYSC year can land you your dream job. (4) Everybdy wnts to go for NYSC and nobdy cares to know what NYSC means, you should know what NYSC means. (5) Looking at the experiences of some Ex corpers who once did their NYSC in places like Lagos, Ph, Abuja, Enugu, Ogun, Edo nd etc. (6) Given you the opportunity to take a glance look at pictures of various camps, their toilet nd what to expect in most camps such as Lagos camp, Portharcourt camp, Abuja camp, Enugu camp, delta camp, Ogun, oyo, bayelsa nd etc. So many topics to be discuss which I jst gave u few of them and finally given you d chance to make good frnds in the whatsapp group as well both male nd female frnds which your likely goin to meet in the same NYSC orientation camp with you. To join the Whatsapp BATCH B group, drop your contacts or add this number on whatsapp 07033994318 to join the future Awaiting corps members(NYSC BATCH B 2014). Thank you...
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by meetfizz: 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
BlueDiva:

Directions for a career path after being a graduate?
No wonder we Nigerians lack direction.

What is the use of going to school in the first place if you can't think for yourself?
In civilized climes, kids are guided on career paths at high school.
It reeks of stupidity for a graduate to be asking people what certification course he/she should study.

Any serious individual needing an upgrade/change in career should go online and do a thorough research in areas of interest.
Anyways, what do we expect from a country where people graduate without ever attending classes.

The way you are sounding wont help either, you comment is not constructive as a criticism, you could simply advice what you said than rebuke it, and its talks from people like you thats making Nigerian youths go backwards....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by mrkenth(m): 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
Pls Nl What Kind Of I.T Course Can Some1 Do With Duration 3 Or 6month That Will Make Him/her Employable All Over The World.. Pls Urgent Answers Coz I Want To Earn A Living From That Line. Thanks
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Friedfred(m): 8:49am On Jul 18, 2014
Hi peeps.
Pls I need to get intouch with nysc cell leaders in oyo and ogun state. Iv been charged to do a survay for my company in regards to corpers in this areas.
Thanks. My email is teamafric@ausi.com
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Bigdreams(m): 11:23am On Jul 19, 2014
Hi all,

Before you decide to take any professional course, you need to know what value it will add to you as a person.

Many take these professional courses simply because they want it to boost their CV but do not take time to know what the course is all about.

Personally, I took the Nigerian Institute of Management's (NIM) Proficiency Certificate in Management professional course and also a Professional Diploma Course by the Institute of Customer Relationship Management (ICRM). I didn't take them for CV sake, I took them, read, wrote and passed the exam successfully because I wanted to become better in my field as Management Technology graduate.

Looking back now, I can say these courses have improved me tremendously as I am working on my own as a consultant organizing training programmes both for businesses and schools.

Lastly, be on the lookout for professional courses that will be advertised in camp or your PPA and see how it will help your career.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by shawtygwen(f): 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
Shawtygwen needs your
help to get into the Project Fame 7 academy. She
wants you to watch and like her wildcard video.
Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJBekq49fc
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by 88natzy(m): 1:52am On Jul 23, 2014
Please fellow Nairalanders, I am a graduate of microbiology from one of the prestigious universities here in Nigeria, I am result oriented and can work under any condition.
I would like to get informations about job alerts, advice and constructive criticisms to my mails.
Iro18emma@yahoo.com or 88Natzy@gmail.com
Also my BB pin is
75F6B2EB. Thank you!
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by bashexyz: 11:22am On Jul 23, 2014
certification to take basically depends o

career path
passion
interest
finances
value

anyone can take on any certification. it all balls down to what you want to achieve with it.

there are over 10000 certifications across 500 fields.

i.t
health
finance
business intelligence
management
recycling
engineering
real estate
economics
agro allied
etc
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
this is my own opinion, before you go for any professional course. please if you don't have any supportive profession to your certificate you better use your NYSC service to acquire these.
what I meant is that if you don't have any vocational job like photography, fashion designing, cobbler etc. you better do .I talk from experience and as a Nigerian.
I want you to study and look at economy of our country.
thank God I will get my call up letter tommorow by his but if you need me to train you photography.
dammylaray@gmail.com
waiting to see your mail
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by tipdrips: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
Pls I would greatly appreciate if someone here can help or give me info on how to get this year's(june/july) NIM past questions, I really need them.
Please its urgent. Thanks
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by nnadiwu: 10:25am On Sep 10, 2014
@ omidan thanks so much for sharing yoyur thoughts AND experiences on CIPS . I studied mechanical engineeirng and would love to streamline my career in industrial engineering . Am about going for service and i intend taking the CIPS exam next year or this year if possible , the problem is getting matarials and study packs relating to such. Would appreciate if you can advice me on this course. Thanks in anticipation of a favorable response.

Heres my email: one2iwu@gmail.com
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by nnadiwu: 10:27am On Sep 10, 2014
@ omidan21 thanks maam, so much for sharing yoyur thoughts AND experiences on CIPS . I studied mechanical engineeirng and would love to streamline my career in industrial engineering . Am about going for service and i intend taking the CIPS exam next year or this year if possible , the problem is getting matarials and study packs relating to such. Would appreciate if you can advice me on this course. Thanks in anticipation of a favorable response.

Heres my email: one2iwu@gmail.com
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
hello guys pls who is got info about the institue of criminology and penology .
how to apply and courses offered .thanks
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by pioneer: 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
The choice of professional exams to take should be guided by your career path. Generally professional exams will help you boost your C.V. You can take professional exams like ICAN, ACCA, NIM, NIMN, CIPM and others during your service year.

For the NIM, the full programme is more weighty than the proficiency programme organized during NYSC.
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by pioneer: 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
For your CIPM/CIBN/ICAN/ACCA/NIMN lectures, contact Excel Associates.

Excel Associates is a foremost professional tuition
centre located in Ikorodu that provides lectures for
ATS, ICAN, ACCA, CISA and other programmes. For
enquiries, contact - 07081834869, 09092159476 or e-
mail: excelassociates2020@gmail.com,
info.excelassociates@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by Goldpeas(m): 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
donigspain: Hi house, I studied Geography and Meteorology and presently serving in Benue state. Please, I just sat for Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) professional course exam on the 17th of this month and I also hope to register for Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) professional course by next month. I wish to know the relevance of these certificates (plus knowledge/skill) in the Nigerian labour market. Thanks.

how do I register too? pls give me viable information. thanks
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by igweGC(m): 9:50am On Sep 29, 2014
Can someone please Advice me on this International Strategic Management Institute. Is it a good professional course? It cost about N18,000.
Urgent reply needed plz!
Re: During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? by chinkichun: 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
achmed1:
CIPMN, CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF PERSONNAL MGT IS THE WAY TO GO AND IT AINT CHEAP OOO. THE WHOLE PROGRAM COST ME NOTHING LESS THAN 150000 INCLUDING LECTURE FEES. AS A GRAD OF ECO YOU WILL START FRM INTERMEDIATE TWO THROUGH TO PE 2. THREE STAGES EXAMS COME UP FEB AND AUGUST EVERY YR.
THERE CERT IS RELEVANT FOR HRM HUMAN RESOURCES. ANY COY WITH AT LEAST 50 EMPLOYEES SHLD HAVE A HR DEPT.

Good afternoon bro. I intend starting the CIPM programme soon and like you said, it's quite expensive. My question: is it possible to pay for only the exam fees and study pack and leave out the "exemption fee"
I'd also like to have your personal contact for further direction. I sent you an email via nairaland already.
Thanks..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps / The Shameful Adulterous Lives Of Some Corpers / Female Corper Sexually Harasses Male Corper At Lagos NYSC Camp, Touches His Dick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.