Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,007 members, 7,806,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee (9410 Views)

Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? / Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by moffy2: 11:28am On Jun 18, 2012
My case is a bit similar to this Story, that's why i decided to start a new thread. In my own case am a single mum.

My boyfriend left for US last year when i was 3 months pregnant. I sold my investment in the money market and one of my plots to send him abroad. He promised to get in touch as soon as he settled down, he got in touch few times and that's all.

After he left, i discovered that he took 6 pieces of my jewelries and sold them. I got to know this through the chats he had with his friend on my blackberry before he traveled.i asked him when i discovered and he couldn't deny it. My family is totally against him.

He has not been responsible for our child. I have been the one taking care of all responsibilities even before he traveled and up till now

i met this divorcee in January 2010, though i was hoping to get a single guy , but the single guy i got along the line was the father of my child who irresponsible. He filed for me last year not knowing that i was pregnant. When he sent the forms for me to fill, i refused and he was angry that i made him waste money.

i didn't really like this man because he is 20yrs older than me. I Am in my mid 30s, he loves me so much that when he head that i gave birth this year and heard what i was going through he felt bad and he still wants to marry me.

He is not based in Nigeria, and he has decided to file for me and my child, if am really interested to marry him.In the case of his children, they are based in the States and the first child has been calling to ask about my baby,because her father told her about us. She is even planning to come to Nigeria for summer and asked if she could stay with me.

Their mother has remarried since and they were divorced over 10yrs ago. He told me that he brought a woman in some years back only for the woman to dump him and bring her husband/bf in later. So he is trying to be careful again.

i still hope i will get a single guy but am scared of falling into wrong hands.
I find it hard to love this man. People tell me i will grow to love him, but my worry is, what if a single guy comes along, will i not break his heart?

1 Like

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by Confilass: 11:58am On Jun 18, 2012
go ahead & marry dis man. Stop wasting ur time waiting for single guys dat will end up frustrating u.

1 Like

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
Do u go to church? Meet your Pastor for counselling and prayers.
Its not proper to get married to a divorcee, its not scriptural. seek proper advice
before jumping in. You may regret later in your life. "LATE" is better than "TOO LATE"

1 Like

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by ATMC(f): 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2012
heeya! I wish. But then, considering this man seems to me like u r desperate to marry, probably cos u r in ur mid 30s, but d truth is dt there is no need to be, cos a whole lot of pple in ur shoes, age wise, don't have a baby nd wished they do so they won't have to bother with marriage nd here u r with d privilege nd u r not counting ur blessing rather u r thinking about a man who is divorced for ten years nd has had 2 women leave him. Do u want to be d third person dt will leave him? Can't u see something may be wrong. May be d daughter called u cos he coerced her to. Abegi!
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by moffy2: 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2012
ATMC: heeya! I wish. But then, considering this man seems to me like u r desperate to marry, probably cos u r in ur mid 30s, but d truth is dt there is no need to be, cos a whole lot of pple in ur shoes, age wise, don't have a baby nd wished they do so they won't have to bother with marriage nd here u r with d privilege nd u r not counting ur blessing rather u r thinking about a man who is divorced for ten years nd has had 2 women leave him. Do u want to be d third person dt will leave him? Can't u see something may be wrong. May be d daughter called u cos he coerced her to. Abegi!

Aint desperate to marry please! i just dont want to waste his time and money again! I said i still hope to get a single guy! if i were i wuld not cme here!
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by toyemz(f): 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2012
@poster
if i were you i would try to know more about him before i allow him to rush into a marriage situation.
you have to sit down and think what would make two women not ready to stay with him when they were in a relationship with him. so far you have only heard his side of the story!
Again there is that issue of him having grown up children: what would they be like? Get to know the one that is willing to stay with you for summer. you will find out more about things
Him being 20 years your seniour isnt wrong but you have to find out whether he is the controlling type or not
in other words, look very well before you leap
As for you wanting to be with a single guy, i would really say forget it, there are very few single guys that would be 100% okay with the fact that you are a single mum. most of the single guys i know in UK parch on single mums to either live or eat freely,and when they get bored they move to the next and next and next.sometimes leaving trails of kids behind
you dont wanna go down that lane.

if you can search within your heart and feel comfortable with your doubts and self,go for this man.at least you both know where you stand and he seems to be a strong factor that can carry you along and not bring you down
good luck

2 Likes

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 18, 2012

6 Likes

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by 2mch(m): 4:04pm On Jun 18, 2012
hmm. . . why did 2 women run away? One is unfortunate, two is . . . Seems you are more interested in traveling abroad. lipsrsealed
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by ektbear: 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2012
The reality is a woman in her 30s who already has a kid is probably not the hottest commodity on the market.

That this divorcee is even interested in you when, assuming that he satisfies one of the following conditions:

a) good-looking
b) kind/witty/funny
c) rich

he could get a younger woman who doesn't have some other man's kids is a surprise to me.

Anyway, it is your call. Just realize that time and events don't really favor your position.
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by frankgreat(m): 5:17pm On Jun 18, 2012
my dear, my advice to u is dis...to b sincere, it ll b hard to find a single man dat will want to marry a lady in her mid 30 and has a child to it...if u say u dnt luv dis older man, dnt boda entering it....cos u ll neva luv him even if u marry him..my advice is dis, stick to ur child and dont bother about any man...
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by inspirenet: 5:20pm On Jun 18, 2012
brito: Do u go to church? Meet your Pastor for counselling and prayers.
Its not proper to get married to a divorcee, its not scriptural. seek proper advice
before jumping in. You may regret later in your life. "LATE" is better than "TOO LATE"
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by ZUBY77(m): 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2012

Silly post. Why cant she get answers from different point of views here instead of running to a Pastor ?
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by veraponpo(m): 5:31pm On Jun 18, 2012
@ poster. I rally feel for you, provided your story is true. Lt me state the following point blank for you:
1. Marrying a divorce is not good- you ar the second wife or third.
2. Marrying a single guy is possible but doubtful- single ladies are not even that lucky but I have recently seen one (my female friend ) whom a single guy is dying for.
3. Marrying a widower is the easiest for you but they are very few.
4. You are a little bit silent on your guy, are you married to him or just a friend. if married, then you can just leave him without filing and divorce is a sin.
5. Your baby should be considered in all your decisions.

My solution for you:
1. Pls clear you mind and think of your child first in all your undertakings.
2. Singles or widowers are the best options for you but can be difficult to get.
3. Think well before you have sex with any guy now, it can be dangerous for u.
4. It is well with u.

1 Like

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2012
d bible is totally against dis act so i advise u to stay clear of it. Repent and pray for God's directn and blessing and he will make a way 4u.

1 Like

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by dudubynature: 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2012
Lmfao
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by luckgames(m): 5:41pm On Jun 18, 2012
veraponpo: @ poster. I rally feel for you, provided your story is true. Lt me state the following point blank for you:
1. Marrying a divorce is not good- you ar the second wife or third.
2. Marrying a single guy is possible but doubtful- single ladies are not even that lucky but I have recently seen one (my female friend ) whom a single guy is dying for.
3. Marrying a widower is the easiest for you but they are very few.
4. You are a little bit silent on your guy, are you married to him or just a friend. if married, then you can just leave him without filing and divorce is a sin.
5. Your baby should be considered in all your decisions.

My solution for you:
1. Pls clear you mind and think of your child first in all your undertakings.
2. Singles or widowers are the best options for you but can be difficult to get.
3. Think well before you have sex with any guy now, it can be dangerous for u.
4. It is well with u.

How much widowers that are in there 30s, 40s out here
To marry any individual check the dude out and his family background
If he live in U.S You need somebody who can help you with his dude information
People get marry and things happen, Life goes on
The dude might have married a bad woman
To be able to make any judgement, You need somebody you can give you the real story
The whole true not half story

2 Likes

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by adefash(m): 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
My candid advice: face ur child first.u just gave birth.you cannot combine the pain and stress of being a good house wife to a man who is not the father of your baby.we(fathers) easily get irritated with the disturbances of babies not to talk of the man who's not ur child's dad.if he loves u as he claims,he will wait for two years for u to be able to free urself from ur baby so u can concentrate on ur husband.along the line u may see the single man u'r looking for.also avoid seeing him too often
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by Onuokwu: 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
Better marry that divorced man! At your age, unmarried and with a kid, you are not exactly a hot commodity! Make hay while the sun shines wink
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by niddamugu(m): 5:53pm On Jun 18, 2012
Confilass: go ahead & marry dis man. Stop wasting ur time waiting for single guys dat will end up frustrating u.

Well said and to the point.

If my advice is to be followed, you may not find a genuine and absolutely sincere "single" guy who would really love you for you. This category of men are your best bet - divorcees or matured single men (senior bachelors). But i would prefer a divorcee like this man.

1 Like

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by adconline(m): 6:03pm On Jun 18, 2012
U really don't have too many choices. Your stock value is down in terms of finding a single guy who's interested in you and ur kid-not your wealth. I wonder why you don't see any baggage in being a single mom who is looking for a single guy the way you see a lot of baggages in a divorcee who is a lot older. You BOTH have baggages!

1 Like

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by crackhouse(m): 6:05pm On Jun 18, 2012
I am still thinking why the two previous women left him{the man}. Maybe he is not fun to be with, that's just my thought. Do u know abt the man's family? I mean his parents and siblings. These are the things u have to find out abt him and his family. My advice to u is to contact that ur overseas' boyfriend and inform him abt what's going on or what u are planning to do but if u don't know his phone number or anybody that can put u accross to him, then in that case i will assume that it's either he's suffering there as a result of no money and cannot reach u, or he's somewhere over there languishing in jail. U need to find out what's up with him first before u take ur decision because that guy may resurface tommorrow to look for u and his child and by that time u may be faced with another problem greater than this one.

1 Like

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by crackhouse(m): 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
Onuokwu: Better marry that divorced man! At your age, unmarried and with a kid, you are not exactly a hot commodity! Make hay while the sun shines wink
sounds like a bad advice to me.

1 Like

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by queensmith: 6:08pm On Jun 18, 2012
*in a conc african accent* 20 years?? 20 years?? tori olorun, what has he been doing 20 years of his life? me i will not want for my worst enemy to marry a man 20 years older than her. Any way make sure you get to know him (and any other guy you meet) properly and make decisions based on that. I keep saying alot of women will be much better off if they didnt feel the need to marry any guy that asked them.

1 Like

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2012
its beta u meet sum1 who cld giv u a good councel. Or beta u marry him n pray to God 4evrytin to get beta. Wish u all d best
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by lion042(m): 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2012
Well....My advice goes this way. if you have feelings and love this man, go ahead and marry him....but please don't marry him because of material things. marriage is everlasting thing. so i advice you think very careful before making a decision. Good Luck my dearest

Tony
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2012
Brace yourself, I'm about to detach emotion and hit you real hard. undecided

*Forget pastors and their derivatives. They will make you miserable. In the end, you'd gloomily settle for a pyrrhic victory.

*Do not marry this man. He is a thief & far from being a father figure. Also, with him (ceteris paribus), u're likely to be a widow in 20yrs.

*Forget about marriage. If you want more children, look for an intelligent & responsible (maybe gullible) single male to impregnate you. If your libido is high and you loathe fornication, get yourself a Love Machine.

*Build your career. Working real hard to attain great heights would definitely take your mind off your rather unfortunate past and cast your thoughts toward a glorious future.

*Spend quality time with your daughter. Hence, she is to be your companion and confidant.

cool.

1 Like

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
Oh she should, I mean they're both divorced. So why not? Oh and they'd have so much to talk about. Lmao! smiley
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by ifihearam: 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
Hmmmm
The so called irresponsible guy who impregnated you will one day come for his child oo
This man that is almost 55yrs of age,how much time will he have for you,how long will he still be alive to be there for you?
Do you love this manor you are just interested in his dough and travelling abroad.

Sincerely if you were my sister,I will advise you don't go for the older guy becos you will not have a fulfilled marriage. You have a child already,be a little bit patient that guy will come for you and his child..my one cent
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2012
moffy2: My case is a bit similar to this Story, that's why i decided to start a new thread. In my own case am a single mum.

My boyfriend left for US last year when i was 3 months pregnant. I sold my investment in the money market and one of my plots to send him abroad. He promised to get in touch as soon as he settled down, he got in touch few times and that's all.

After he left, i discovered that he took 6 pieces of my jewelries and sold them. I got to know this through the chats he had with his friend on my blackberry before he traveled.i asked him when i discovered and he couldn't deny it. My family is totally against him.

He has not been responsible for our child. I have been the one taking care of all responsibilities even before he traveled and up till now

i met this divorcee in January 2010, though i was hoping to get a single guy , but the single guy i got along the line was the father of my child who irresponsible. He filed for me last year not knowing that i was pregnant. When he sent the forms for me to fill, i refused and he was angry that i made him waste money.

i[b] didn't really like this man because he is 20yrs older than me. [/b]I Am in my mid 30s, he loves me so much that when he head that i gave birth this year and heard what i was going through he felt bad and he still wants to marry me.

He is not based in Nigeria, and he has decided to file for me and my child, if am really interested to marry him.In the case of his children, they are based in the States and the first child has been calling to ask about my baby,because her father told her about us. She is even planning to come to Nigeria for summer and asked if she could stay with me.

Their mother has remarried since and they were divorced over 10yrs ago. He told me that he brought a woman in some years back only for the woman to dump him and bring her husband/bf in later. So he is trying to be careful again.

I find it hard to love this man. People tell me i will grow to love him, but my worry is, what if a single guy comes along, will i not break his heart?
I think this answers it 4 U. U dont like him period leave and dont worry God will give U a gr8 guy who is single and loves U with ur child. Dont be like most Nigerian girls who r out to get what they can from the poor man then dump him

2 Likes

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by ekpongmi: 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2012
Good talk.
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by mylifeasitis: 6:35pm On Jun 18, 2012
[quo
te author=brito]Do u go to church? Meet your Pastor for counselling and prayers.
before jumping in. You may regret later in your life. "LATE" is better than "TOO LATE"[/quote]

abeg; where did u get dat crap from?
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by ekpongmi: 6:35pm On Jun 18, 2012
moffy2: My case is a bit similar to this Story, that's why i decided to start a new thread. In my own case am a single mum.

i didn't really like this man because he is 20yrs older than me. I Am in my mid 30s, he loves me so much that when he head that i gave birth this year and heard what i was going through he felt bad and he still wants to marry me.

Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you, 'cos all that glitters is not gold

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Wife Or Your Extended Family / The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? / How Many Children Will You Love To Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.