Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee (9408 Views)

Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? / Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by crown777(m): 10:52am On Jun 19, 2012
@moffy2 please read this:

35 male, single,self employed.Seeking fit and positive single lady or single mum for friendship, romance, and long-term relationship. I'm fit and smoke-free. Am friendly and honest, unattached, and always open to something new. Am looking for a lady with a great character and integrity, a lover of life, optimistic, caring, kind, and loving. She must appreciates a man of class who she can be proud of and share her thoughts and ideas and who would make her the center of his attention, love and share her intellect.Am 5"9 ,brown eyes and i like dancing, listen a good music, see a good movie and have good conversations.Email me @ dewaleola@hotmail.com with more details about yourself.
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by moffy2: 11:13am On Jun 19, 2012
@ Toyemz
Thank you

@ 2mch
if i was interested in traveling abroad, i wuld hav gone since i met him in 2010 or wn he filed for me as an alien fiancee last yr . This was the man dat sent me a car wn i met him in 2010 but i rejected it

@ veraponpo
the father of my child is a friend and we aint married. Our plan was that he shld go and wn he settled down, he wuld sent for us. he went wit resident visa cos he got a job. Since we were not married, i culdnt go wit him . we did introduction be4 he travel since we culdnt do registry b4 he left due to d reason best knwn to him so d company invited only him since he ddnt indicate be4 he applied dat he was married. His family has abandoned me since he travled and none of dm has sent anythg to me or my child since i put to bed. WN i put to bed, my mum asked me to call him and tell him. He said i wuld inform his pple to cme for naming but nobody showed up. I asked him for the name of the baby, he ddnt gve me any. I gv names to my baby all alone. So my family is really against his coming back. I tot i culd go back to him but one day as i was chking my bb and i saw all d msgs he sent, iwas disappointed. Hw he took my jewelries, asked his friends hw much he culd sell dm and took dm to yaba to sell while i was looking ard for money for him to travel. SO i hv mad eup my mind dat i wil never allow him near my daughter cos he doesnt represent good father figure.Thank God i hav my job and God has bn helping me alone wit the responsibilities.
In everthg am doing, my child is my number one priority.

@ Moremi2008
Thank you he actually loves me and am very and 100 % sure of that. I knw he wil hav his weaknesses d same way i wl hav mine.. i was meeting up wit him @ d bustop anytime he came home but ds last time he insisted that adt he wanted to knw my place so i allowed him in my house since i stay alone. Then my mum was ard cos i was on mat leave. I had told my mum abt him since so wn my mum met him, she told him dat i hav a child now> he told itwas an older child like 6 or 8yrs but wn he had d cry of a new born , he wa shocked dat i just put to be. He was hurt dat i was seeing anoda man wn i told him i culdnt hv sex wit him. He told my mum dat he wuld still love to marry me. My mum said wot she noticed was dat he needs a companion.

@ tpia
who is k soul??!! I am not after inheritance or money. I actually want a younger guy dat was y i went ahead wit my bf despite the fact dat this man was asking 4my hand in marriage.
@ confilass

I told him no sex! he said he wuld wait till i come in and after wedding be4 sex if its wot i want..

Thank you all
for those who asked abt his 2 women, i wl find out more abt the 1st marriage. In d case of the 2nd woman, he told me that after his wife left him and remarried, he told wopt he needed was a matured woman so wn i was com,img home dn, he saw ds woman and she said she was divorced. He agreed to marry her and he brot her to States. After dir wedding, she told him dat she wanted her younger brother to join her and he invuited him not knowing he was her husband. she filed for divorce and married ds man again in US. so he made up his mind not to marry agian.

About his daughter, she told me she initroduced her teacher to her dad but her dad turned her down. As the 1st born, she wants her dad to b happy againsince dir mum has moved on long time ago. so wn her dad told her abt me she was very happy.vShe told me dat she wuld b staying wit me in Nig ds summer! Ds lady and my younger sista finished from d same secondary schl so sheis willing to stay wit me so dat she can hook up wit my sista again.

Thank you all for ur contributions! it is really helping me now!!!
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by juman(m): 11:36am On Jun 19, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Not proper to marry a divorcee? So if someone gets divorced they need to live in sin? Or not have intimate relations until they die? This is the sort of stuff that makes divorcees and single mums second class citizens.

Abi oo, people and religion! grin
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by Confilass: 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2012
Babe, am so glad u're relieve now. I know what it means to be in such circumstances. FOLLOW UR MIND

Thank God u can cater for urself and daughter. Relax & be prayerful, u'll get a man beta dan ur 1st guy.
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by JesusDWay(m): 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2012
@Poster. I'll advice you wait and pray to God to bring your own husband. If you have been in contact since 2010 and you still don't love him, then no need thrusting yourself into what you may regret later. I like the fact that you are honest enough to admit that if a single guy comes, you are likely to leave this divorcee, thats a good trait, just unfortunate you fell into the hands of the wrong person initially. I'll advice you wait and pray, and if you are getting weary, share your burden with your pastor, the church can help you carry on in this ti,e till God brings the right person your way.
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by makky(f): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2012
Please the only thing am gonna say is if u DO NOT love this man, please let him be, tell him the truth and i bet he will be ur good friend and confidant and probably even take u to the US with no strings attached. When men get older, all they need in their lives are sincere companions who will give him joy and make him relaxed to live longer. He loves u too much for u to hurt him and deceive him cos its too clear u are going to break him to bits if u marry him out of pity. As u search for a single guy which is NOT impossible to get, I pray he gets a woman too who will stay and he really needs a woman in her mid 40s too, those can stay. Hes 55, pity his heart, let him go peacefully and i will pray God helps bring ur man to u... No time is late, am glad u already have a daughter!
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by moffy2: 4:30pm On Jun 19, 2012
makky: Please the only thing am gonna say is if u DO NOT love this man, please let him be, tell him the truth and i bet he will be ur good friend and confidant and probably even take u to the US with no strings attached. When men get older, all they need in their lives are sincere companions who will give him joy and make him relaxed to live longer. He loves u too much for u to hurt him and deceive him cos its too clear u are going to break him to bits if u marry him out of pity. As u search for a single guy which is NOT impossible to get, I pray he gets a woman too who will stay and he really needs a woman in her mid 40s too, those can stay. Hes 55, pity his heart, let him go peacefully and i will pray God helps bring ur man to u... No time is late, am glad u already have a daughter!
Thank u !! u talked as if ds man is father, brother, uncle or a relative! i can really feel u!!
Your post really touched me!! embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by Jonwesley(m): 5:05pm On Jun 19, 2012
To me u can marry a divorcee, but not dis particular one. Being 30 + and wit a child makes ur choice for a single guy more diff, as u cld wait ur entire life out. There re younger divorcees with maybe one or two kids dat cld serve ur purpose. Search wisely and if by chance a single guy who is ready to be a father to ur child comes, then go ahead. I ve a good example to share but wld not want to put in a public domain,
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by jpphilips(m): 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2012
moffy2: My case is a bit similar to this Story, that's why i decided to start a new thread. In my own case am a single mum.

My boyfriend left for US last year when i was 3 months pregnant. I sold my investment in the money market and one of my plots to send him abroad. He promised to get in touch as soon as he settled down, he got in touch few times and that's all.

After he left, i discovered that he took 6 pieces of my jewelries and sold them. I got to know this through the chats he had with his friend on my blackberry before he traveled.i asked him when i discovered and he couldn't deny it. My family is totally against him.

He has not been responsible for our child. I have been the one taking care of all responsibilities even before he traveled and up till now

i met this divorcee in January 2010, though i was hoping to get a single guy , but the single guy i got along the line was the father of my child who irresponsible. He filed for me last year not knowing that i was pregnant. When he sent the forms for me to fill, i refused and he was angry that i made him waste money.

i didn't really like this man because he is 20yrs older than me. I Am in my mid 30s, he loves me so much that when he head that i gave birth this year and heard what i was going through he felt bad and he still wants to marry me.

He is not based in Nigeria, and he has decided to file for me and my child, if am really interested to marry him.In the case of his children, they are based in the States and the first child has been calling to ask about my baby,because her father told her about us. She is even planning to come to Nigeria for summer and asked if she could stay with me.

Their mother has remarried since and they were divorced over 10yrs ago. He told me that he brought a woman in some years back only for the woman to dump him and bring her husband/bf in later. So he is trying to be careful again.

i still hope i will get a single guy but am scared of falling into wrong hands.
I find it hard to love this man. People tell me i will grow to love him, but my worry is, what if a single guy comes along, will i not break his heart?

you have a child but you wish for a single guy? how old are you again? mid 30's? leaving where? Afghanistan i suppose.
good luck in your search, you can as well raise the bar a little by ensuring that the single guy must be cute, rich and a virgin.
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by jpphilips(m): 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2012
brito: Do u go to church? Meet your Pastor for counselling and prayers.
Its not proper to get married to a divorcee, its not scriptural. seek proper advice
before jumping in. You may regret later in your life. "LATE" is better than "TOO LATE"

will you pay for her when the pastor start demanding for "seed of faith"? these pastors have become expensive lately.
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2012
jp philips:

you have a child but you wish for a single guy? how old are you again? mid 30's? leaving where? Afghanistan i suppose.
good luck in your search, you can as well raise the bar a little by ensuring that the single guy must be cute, rich and a virgin.

I tire for am. I suppose she does not want to be saddled with another woman's child or doesnt want a man whose attention will be divided between her and another child that isnt hers. A classic case of trying to eat your cake and have it.
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by 2mch(m): 7:02pm On Jun 20, 2012
It is only the end of the world for you if you think it is. Does marriage define you? Does it make you a different or better person? What excatly do you really want? Please dont underestimate the need for mutual love. It is very important. I dont know how people say love is not important. They may be people that have had to settle because no one wants to be with them, maybe badlooks, no money etc. But when they somehoe get one of these things they start looking for love. You see them on NL saying i never loved my spouse and they irritate me etc. He knows what he wants from you an d has seen it, but that feeling has to be mutual. How can you marry someone you dont have feelings for? chei. Dont underestimate certain requirements of marriage if you dont want to be worse off than you are now. Your child deserves happiness and a healthy environment. That healthy environment can only come when mummy is happy. If this is not what you want for your life, wait for it. It will come. Dont rush. wink
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by moremi2008(m): 9:47pm On Jun 20, 2012
2mch: It is only the end of the world for you if you think it is. Does marriage define you? Does it make you a different or better person? What excatly do you really want? Please dont underestimate the need for mutual love. It is very important. I dont know how people say love is not important. They may be people that have had to settle because no one wants to be with them, maybe badlooks, no money etc. But when they somehoe get one of these things they start looking for love. You see them on NL saying i never loved my spouse and they irritate me etc. He knows what he wants from you an d has seen it, but that feeling has to be mutual. How can you marry someone you dont have feelings for? chei. Dont underestimate certain requirements of marriage if you dont want to be worse off than you are now. Your child deserves happiness and a healthy environment. That healthy environment can only come when mummy is happy. If this is not what you want for your life, wait for it. It will come. Dont rush. wink
2mch: It is only the end of the world for you if you think it is. Does marriage define you? Does it make you a different or better person? What excatly do you really want? Please dont underestimate the need for mutual love. It is very important. I dont know how people say love is not important. They may be people that have had to settle because no one wants to be with them, maybe badlooks, no money etc. But when they somehoe get one of these things they start looking for love. You see them on NL saying i never loved my spouse and they irritate me etc. He knows what he wants from you an d has seen it, but that feeling has to be mutual. How can you marry someone you dont have feelings for? chei. Dont underestimate certain requirements of marriage if you dont want to be worse off than you are now. Your child deserves happiness and a healthy environment. That healthy environment can only come when mummy is happy. If this is not what you want for your life, wait for it. It will come. Dont rush. wink

Our forefathers had happy arranged marriages. Love is much overrated. Please stop peddling the rubbish your colonial masters handed down to you from Sinai.
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by 2mch(m): 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2012
moremi2008:

Our forefathers had happy arranged marriages. Love is much overrated. Please stop peddling the rubbish your colonial masters handed down to you from Sinai.
No its not. Love is a very very important aspect of marriage. Those your fore fathers had extremely miserable and unhappy wives, who were trapped in a loveless marriage because of financial issues and family frowning on divorce. A lot of them also eloped back then to avoid being forced into marriage. Also, life was much more different and less immoral. You expect her to marry and turn to the lady on the other thread who is now in love with a small boy and wants to fade with the old guys money. Madam, marry who you love and who loves you too. Never listen to all these desperate talks. I see 50+something year olds getting married to their widowed or divorced mates everyday. Nothing do you. Be proud of who you are and you will attract people with your confidence. Being a single mother is not the end of the world neither is it a handicap or a minus to you. If you respect yourself and make your child the focus of your life, you will attract a man that needs a wife that understands and values family. Not an old person that has misused opportunities in his life and is just looking for company to be with him by his deathbed. grin grin grin cheesy. Are you ready to deal with someone that will soon be struck with old age problems? Like hypertension, diabetes, stroke etc in the next 5years?
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by moremi2008(m): 9:59pm On Jun 20, 2012
2mch:
No its not. Love is a very very important aspect of marriage. Those your fore fathers had extremely miserable and unhappy wives, who were trapped in a loveless marriage because of financial issues and family frowning on divorce. A lot of them also eloped back then to avoid being forced into marriage. Also, life was much more different and less immoral. You expect her to marry and turn to the lady on the other thread who is now in love with a small boy and wants to fade with the old guys money. Madam, marry who you love and who loves you too. Never listen to all these desperate talks. I see 50+something year olds getting married to their widowed or divorced mates everyday. Nothing do you. Be proud of who you are and you will attract people with your confidence. Being a single mother is not the end of the world neither is it a handicap or a minus to you. If you respect yourself and make your child the focus of your life, you will attract a man that needs a wife that understands and values family

Blah, blah blah... love is nice to have but you can't base a marriage on a flimsy, transient emotion. If I married every woman I fell in love with, I would be a serial divorcee by now. The type of love you're describing will wear thin after a few years and what's left after that are the true makers or breakers of marriage: harmony, character, compromise, forgiveness, patience, faithfulness, selflessness etc. How old are you? You sound like a bloody teenager.
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by 2mch(m): 10:02pm On Jun 20, 2012
moremi2008:

Blah, blah blah... love is nice to have but you can't base a marriage on a flimsy, transient emotion. If I married every woman I fell in love with, I would be a serial divorcee by now. The type of love you're describing will wear thin after a few years and what's left after that are the true makers or breakers of marriage: harmony, character, compromise, forgiveness, patience, faithfulness, selflessness etc. How old are you? You sound like a bloody teenager.

You dont have to like or agree with my opinion. You can move ahead, drop a comment and make a point. You can also keep it moving. I did not bother to read your comment because the previous ones did not make sense. If you insist on living in the 18th century, slit your throat and ask God to transport you back there. Life and reality is different. Make hay while the sun shines, or be stuck with gold diggers and leeches. The choice is yours.
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by moremi2008(m): 10:09pm On Jun 20, 2012
2mch:

You dont have to like or agree with my opinion. You can move ahead, drop a comment and make a point. You can also keep it moving. I did not bother to read your comment because the previous ones did not make sense. If you insist on living in the 18th century, slit your throat and ask God to transport you back there. Life and reality is different. Make hay while the sun shines, or be stuck with gold diggers and leeches. The choice is yours.

Blah, blah, blah... and yet you quoted me! Bloody dunce! Get the fck out of here with your bullsh*T! It's nobody's fault that you're daft and inexperienced!
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by 2mch(m): 10:12pm On Jun 20, 2012
moremi2008:

Blah, blah, blah... and yet you quoted me! Bloody dunce! Get the fck out of here with your bullsh*T! It's nobody's fault that you're daft and inexperienced!

What an experienced dumbo. Throwing tantrums at a situation that has nothing to do with you. You need help. grin grin grin cheesy. What was the outburst for grown up bull*shiter. Once i saw the "blah blah...." i knew it was a retarded baby making a comment and trying to sound logical.
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by Busybody2(f): 11:42pm On Jun 23, 2012
Misleading topic.

Rather, you cheated on your divorcee dude with a single guy who dumped you after he got you pregnant, yet this divorcee still wants you but your heart is set on hooking another single guy.

I doubt if you are still under the same parental/peer pressure that led to all this, so why not do yourself a favour and slow down in this getting married by hook or crook ratrace you have embarked upon, and spend time bonding with your baby!

And please, do this divorcee a favour and release him, because you are about to do the same thing the 2nd wife did for him. I pray God give you your bone of your bone IJN.
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by moffy2: 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2012
Busy_body:
Misleading topic.

Rather, you cheated on your divorcee dude with a single guy who dumped you after he got you pregnant, yet this divorcee still wants you but your heart is set on hooking another single guy.

I doubt if you are still under the same parental/peer pressure that led to all this, so why not do yourself a favour and slow down in this getting married by hook or crook ratrace you have embarked upon, and spend time bonding with your baby!

And please, do this divorcee a favour and release him, because you are about to do the same thing the 2nd wife did for him. I pray God give you your bone of your bone IJN.

Thank u
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by Cidi: 3:25pm On Jul 13, 2012
I can see this as a new door of love coming into your life again. Please don't misuse it. Because it might even be the last. Remember what will be will be
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by collins011(m): 6:39am On Jul 22, 2012
moffy2:

Aint desperate to marry please! i just dont want to waste his time and money again! I said i still hope to get a single guy! if i were i wuld not cme here!

why not come and marry me?
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by victorian(f): 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2012
From my view and little experience from other women tales that are either single mothers that got married to older men is that pls focus on your baby, work on your carreer, and pray that the right man may come.. He may come, he maynot, but dont be disturbed about it. And the reason , is that most men hardly takes care of another man's child. And bet this one will not, except the father , himself. And i hope he comes back and reconciles with you. Also most single guys are scared of marrying single mum due to their baby or babies, because of the financial and emotional responsibility involved. They run from responsibilities like crazy!... As you want a single guy without a kid, likewise a single guy wants a single girl without a kid too... Except u can opt for a single dad, that will complete the equation. And all man for himself, but marriage continues...pls Poster stick to your baby, and career, the right man may come.
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by coolestboy(m): 8:20am On Sep 10, 2012
Easier said than done.
Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by Zallotti: 10:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
Una fit each other gaaaaaaaaaan!
Baggage from each side. . . equal opportunity for success and failure.

I think it is a good fit! kiss

1 Like

Re: Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee by baralatie(m): 11:23am On Dec 28, 2013
chaircover: The way I look at it is that You dont solve a problem by creating another problem and one will only build shaky houses on shaky foundations.

From what you have written, you misjudged your ex and that is the more reason why we should look left, look right and look left again before crossing the road when it comes to men and relationships.

You fell pregnant for a dishonest man who lacks integrity. A thief and a user who has now gone,leaving you to pick up the pieces.

Another man comes into you life, but he has a whole heap of other problems. He is 20 years older than you, you dont love him, and he seems to be buying your love with green papers. How well do you know this man? why is he divorced? at 50 why is he so keen to get married again? why do women leave him, so many loose ends and questions.

Deep in you, you want to marry a single man, but you are now considering the other extreme so where do u see urself in 5 years time with this man that you dont love? By then the novelty of green card/yankee would have worn off and the reality of being married to a man you do not love dawns on you.

Personally if i was in your shoes, though easy to say, I will take a step back from this relationship and re-evaluate things. You already have a daughter who is growing up without her daddy, the least you owe her is a stable upbringing as possible, so before you take her halfway round the world, be very clear on your expectations and who you are trusting them with.
sosongo!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Wife Or Your Extended Family / The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.