Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Advise Me About Honda E.O.D - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advise Me About Honda E.O.D (38850 Views)

10 Good-to-know Facts About Honda / Honda E.o.d, Toyota Camry 01 And Nissan Xterra 01 Which Is More Economical / Is This True About HONDA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by showreals(m): 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2012
Piyke: I have had a good experience with my EOD. The major thing with cars in naija are that many mechanics dont know what they are doing and we drivers don't like getting informed about our cars.

I still remember my mechanic who is quite good telling me that one noise from my power steering in the mornings was because it was about to give up and that a new one was around 30k. Well I looked up the symptom on the web. It was due to a small gasket costing less than $1. Bought this and changed it myself; its been 1 year now and the sound has never returned.

The other thing is the state of the car when you purchase it.

My EOD has served me well no major repairs save fuel pump change which i contributed to by driving a lot with low fuel. I changed this myself too!!! I have benefited a lot from handling the car according to my manual.
The other thing i noticed is that it reacts a lot to bad fuel, but using injector cleaner when this happens kills the check engine light

Please how do i get a Manual for my EOD, i will also check my catalyst stuff too cos i feel it consumes fuel more than normal too. from my home to office is like 27km and same back, and a full tank of about 65 litres can only take me 1 week (five days)!!! sad
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by adekennis(m): 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2012
I have EOD Manual transmission and it has not given me any problem over six months i bought it..I think manual transmission is very cheap to maintain according to what my mech told me..Nissan Altima almsot ruined my life cheesy

1 Like

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by iykeG(m): 6:10pm On Jun 18, 2012
I am planning on getting one too. My current 1997 accord has been great especially when I booted out the v6 engine it came with and replace it with 4 cylinder. The fuel economy has been magnificent. Even my guys that uses Toyota brands wonders. Get a good mech and save less money. t am Talking from experience. I hardly go to mech shop.
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by MSItachi: 9:00pm On Jun 18, 2012
showreals:

Please how do i get a Manual for my EOD, i will also check my catalyst stuff too cos i feel it consumes fuel more than normal too. from my home to office is like 27km and same back, and a full tank of about 65 litres can only take me 1 week (five days)!!! sad
same issues, seems mine consumes a little more, but fantastic ride i most say, 2.4 litre, ex 2004, abuja to Kd fantastic, new tyres, clean interior. Sad tin is i cant buy the 2009 version, rather buy another brand angry
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Osa0(m): 9:39pm On Jun 18, 2012
it's a good toy,been rockin mine for over a year now,no major expenses yet,just re-baked weeks back
fittty: Pls guys I want to buy a honda E.O.D... Pls advise me bout its advantages and disadvantages... Thanks
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by yahla: 9:49pm On Jun 18, 2012
I got same issues with mine right now. What gasket precisely did you get so i'll know how to go about mine? Been on the web since, info i got tells me to change "Inlet Joint Bolt". Please advice.

Piyke: I have had a good experience with my EOD. The major thing with cars in naija are that many mechanics dont know what they are doing and we drivers don't like getting informed about our cars.

I still remember my mechanic who is quite good telling me that one noise from my power steering in the mornings was because it was about to give up and that a new one was around 30k. Well I looked up the symptom on the web. It was due to a small gasket costing less than $1. Bought this and changed it myself; its been 1 year now and the sound has never returned.

The other thing is the state of the car when you purchase it.

My EOD has served me well no major repairs save fuel pump change which i contributed to by driving a lot with low fuel. I changed this myself too!!! I have benefited a lot from handling the car according to my manual.
The other thing i noticed is that it reacts a lot to bad fuel, but using injector cleaner when this happens kills the check engine light
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Piyke: 11:31pm On Jun 18, 2012
yahla: I got same issues with mine right now. What gasket precisely did you get so i'll know how to go about mine? Been on the web since, info i got tells me to change "Inlet Joint Bolt". Please advice.

@yahla let me first describe in detail what mine was doing then.

1. If you start the car in the morning there would be the humming sound from the bonnet that would increase in intensity if you turn the steering to any of the sides.
2. When you drive the car and it heats up, the noise reduces and only comes back when the car started again after cooling down.

Is this what yours is doing?
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Piyke: 11:34pm On Jun 18, 2012
showreals:

Download the manual here:

http://www.analogstereo.com/pdf/omarchive/honda_accord_owners_manual_2003.pdf

3 Likes

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Piyke: 11:43pm On Jun 18, 2012
showreals:

About the fuel stuff, you can do these few things first:
1. Correct tire pressure: low tire pressures would take more fuel
2. Get a very good fuel injector cleaner. I used the STP brand (gray bottle) that i bought in shoprite and men i noticed a hell of difference
3. When last did you change or clean your engine air filter? This should be done every 5000 miles according to the manual i think but here in naija we generally have more dust, so it should be done more regularly. I try to do mine every time I service (every 3 months)
4. Is your check engine light on? If so then you need to scan the vehicle as something may be wrong with the emissions system of the car

1 Like

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Tinyemeka(m): 3:36am On Jun 19, 2012
Siga:

Na Catalytic converter...its between the engine and the exhaust pipe...u can verify urself ....just check the exhaust pipeline from engine and see if u find a bumpy module there...u can buy it and have dem mecho put it or better still buy a whole new exhaust...just make sure the converter is there...

I used to think that the function of the catalytic converter, was to minimize smoke and other emissions produced.

What's with all these warnings about EOD gearbox sef? I've been hearing a lot about it even outside NL. And why does it give issues? Poor maintenance?

The way things are going, one may have to skip the EOD entirely and jump to Discussion Continues when upgrading from BabyBoy. sad

I love the Honda any day compared to Toyota. Body design and performance-wise.
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Tinyemeka(m): 3:37am On Jun 19, 2012
Piyke:

1. If you start the car in the morning there would be the humming sound from the bonnet that would increase in intensity if you turn the steering to any of the sides.
2. When you drive the car and it heats up, the noise reduces and only comes back when the car started again after cooling down.

Mine makes that humming sound when the steering is turned i.e when the engine is still cold. Is it a fault? Remedies?

I also noticed that after one clumsy mechanic worked on the clutch-disc, I begun to hear some creaking sounds whenever the engine was cold and the car was running on low-speeds or in neutral. But after I traveled to the village and came back (road was very bad with pot-holes) I noticed that the creaking sound had stopped and the engine now runs much quieter. I truly considered this funny. Whether the gallop don shake the engine till the thing settle come tight properly.

What do I have to do about the steering hum abeg?

1 Like

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by jmslimx(m): 7:23am On Jun 19, 2012
if no be mint no buy brother .. Honda has this poor designs on ball joint .. i got frustrated with ball join matter with my CRV
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by resocorp: 10:02am On Jun 19, 2012
My dad gave ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ his 2003 manual eod (may his soul rest in peace). I've had the following downs, d electrics aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ not 2 gud, back windows don't work, back doors aren't working well, d ball joint has pulled 1ce,(at d center of d road) after I entered a very deep pothole at speed. D cental lock works when it feels lyk, d wheel bearing has been changed. But on d up side, d engine is very sweet, there is always a big grin on ♍y face when I step hard on d trottle in 1st n 2nd gear n I hear d roar of d vtec engine it makes ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ happy (at d expense of fuel economy) I take gud care of d engine well, I change d oil when due, I service d injectors myself απϑ change d spark plug.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by hardywaltz(m): 11:20am On Jun 19, 2012
EOD
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by liteleto: 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2012
u have said it all. i use a 4 cylinder EOD 2u have spoken my mind completetly.
vicade: I use the 4 cylinder EOD and its cool but maintenance costs o bad gan. I've also had cause to change d gear for about 165k. Other parts are also expensive. The fuel economy is fine

The eod is a classic design for me with lovely interior and exterior. But d maintenance compared to other cars I've used is relatively higher.
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Piyke: 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2012
Tinyemeka:

Mine makes that humming sound when the steering is turned i.e when the engine is still cold. Is it a fault? Remedies?

I also noticed that after one clumsy mechanic worked on the clutch-disc, I begun to hear some creaking sounds whenever the engine was cold and the car was running on low-speeds or in neutral. But after I traveled to the village and came back (road was very bad with pot-holes) I noticed that the creaking sound had stopped and the engine now runs much quieter. I truly considered this funny. Whether the gallop don shake the engine till the thing settle come tight properly.

What do I have to do about the steering hum abeg?

Here's a link that shows pictures on how the o-ring is replaced DIY. This fix is very easy, my only issue is where you would get the o-ring its part number is 91345-PAA-A01. For me I ordered mine from the US. In the link posted the new one is the red one. The black is old and loose and thats what causes the humming. This weak ring would allow air into your power steering system and may cause the fluid to foam and overflow.

link: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42915
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by MSItachi: 8:45am On Jun 21, 2012
Piyke:

About the fuel stuff, you can do these few things first:
1. Correct tire pressure: low tire pressures would take more fuel. ...yes.
2. Get a very good fuel injector cleaner. I used the STP brand (gray bottle) that i bought in shoprite and men i noticed a hell of difference....NO, will try get one
3. When last did you change or clean your engine air filter? This should be done every 5000 miles according to the manual i think but here in naija we generally have more dust, so it should be done more regularly. I try to do mine every time I service (every 3 months)....never done this, since i bought about 7months ago
4. Is your check engine light on? If so then you need to scan the vehicle as something may be wrong with the emissions system of the car...yes its showing
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by awumen: 6:14pm On Jun 21, 2012
E.O.D sha
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Piyke: 10:18pm On Jun 21, 2012
@MSItachi

I think you should then do those things. It should improve your fuel consumption. Also try and scan your car since the check engine light is on. You can let me know what the code that is displayed by the scanner. cheers

1 Like

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by duke3d(m): 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2012
GUY DONT BUY E.O.D OR YOUR STORY OF SAVING MONEY WILL END!!!!!!!! grin grin grin cant u shocked see the trend? people with E>O>grin always spend MONEY shocked shocked shocked . . . So b WISE!
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by yahla: 2:28pm On Jun 25, 2012
Great stuff. sorted it myself this past weekend. The seal was so cheap i was given for free at the market. Had it fixed right there, Voila, no more humming.
DIY should be thought from secondary schools. Some so called "Power Steering" experts who are basically illiterates were busy trying to convince me that the pump was bad and i would have to purchase another for 25k. Going to get myself a tool box, DIY from today onwards. Many thanks!
Piyke:

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Piyke: 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2012
yahla: Great stuff. sorted it myself this past weekend. The seal was so cheap i was given for free at the market. Had it fixed right there, Voila, no more humming.
DIY should be thought from secondary schools. Some so called "Power Steering" experts who are basically illiterates were busy trying to convince me that the pump was bad and i would have to purchase another for 25k. Going to get myself a tool box, DIY from today onwards. Many thanks!

Great stuff. What market did u buy from? didn't even know one could find such in naija, had to order mine from the US
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by yahla: 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
Was at Oyingbo spare parts market. The dude removed from an old pump and gave it to me for free.
Piyke:

Great stuff. What market did u buy from? didn't even know one could find such in naija, had to order mine from the US
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by Piyke: 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
yahla: Was at Oyingbo spare parts market. The dude removed from an old pump and gave it to me for free.

Thanks..
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by FlyboyZee: 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2012
I bought an EOD at 38,000 miles and used it for over a year before selling it out. My friend, that car is the bomb. Till date, its one of the most comfortable, high performance cars I have had. I used to tell my friends that the ride glides and doesn't drive, they didn't understand until they had a go at it. I love that car to shreds, but I'm a freak for cars and don't intend to drive any for more than one year. I use to tell my camry friends that their car is a passengers' car, while my EOD is a driver's car.

As per maintenance: All Hondas are kinda fragile and attention-seeking just like your babe, if you get my drift? To keep things cool, tight and gliding, I advise you fix up any issues as soon as it comes up and you are surely good to go. Its a beau to drive (sorry, glide in) especially the EX trims with I4 engine (i. e. 2.4L engine capacity). The AC is off the Hook, The sound system -ethereal, Interior -spacious, Cabin -cozy, ride -smooth, seats -comfy, fuel consumption -economical. In all, its a good ride to own any day. Just make sure you don't buy a lemon or salvaged car. Buy one with very low mileage and clean title and you are as good as brand new. Wish you luck my dear.

3 Likes

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by yahla: 9:56am On Jul 06, 2012
Quite lyrical of you. grin
Flyboy Zee: I bought an EOD at 38,000 miles and used it for over a year before selling it out. My friend, that car is the bomb. Till date, its one of the most comfortable, high performance cars I have had. I used to tell my friends that the ride glides and doesn't drive, they didn't understand until they had a go at it. I love that car to shreds, but I'm a freak for cars and don't intend to drive any for more than one year. I use to tell my camry friends that their car is a passengers' car, while my EOD is a driver's car.

As per maintenance: All Hondas are kinda fragile and attention-seeking just like your babe, if you get my drift? To keep things cool, tight and gliding, I advise you fix up any issues as soon as it comes up and you are surely good to go. Its a beau to drive (sorry, glide in) especially the EX trims with I4 engine (i. e. 2.4L engine capacity). The AC is off the Hook, The sound system -ethereal, Interior -spacious, Cabin -cozy, ride -smooth, seats -comfy, fuel consumption -economical. In all, its a good ride to own any day. Just make sure you don't buy a lemon or salvaged car. Buy one with very low mileage and clean title and you are as good as brand new. Wish you luck my dear.
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by feekman(m): 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2012
I bought mine (@ 61thousandmielage)4cylinder 3yrs ago no shot of oil no fault no gear problem fuel economy is ok

1 Like

Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by luvinhubby(m): 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2012
EOD or Discussion continues are great rides till Tommorow.

Link for it`s parts in Lagos www.Hondaspares.gnbo.com.ng
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by princenonny(m): 3:43am On Nov 16, 2012
adekennis: I have EOD Manual transmission and it has not given me any problem over six months i bought it..I think manual transmission is very cheap to maintain according to what my mech told me..Nissan Altima almsot ruined my life cheesy
i am abt to get a manual too. Full option, leather seat, audio controls on d steering, ex....i will keep u posted wen i do dat
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by JaaizTech: 6:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
Guys, I just joined the Honda Accord 2003 club, just bought one and was wondering if you veterans could advice on what type of oil to use.
Re: Advise Me About Honda E.O.D by plendil: 10:23am On Dec 08, 2012
If the roads are smooth and not too much flooding, eg Abuja and most Northern States, you will enjoy your EOD, or Honda products in general. Honda is unrivaled when it comes to aesthetic appeal.

But if its down south with its terrible, water clogged roads, then prepare for a major nightmare.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kia Telluride – Is This The Most Beautiful Kia You’ve Ever Seen? / This Maserati Genesi Will Eat Your Car For Lunch (photos) / "My Son Is A Lawyer" Sticker On A Car In Ibadan (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.