Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. - Jokes Etc (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. (16112 Views)

When Your Shadow Refuse To Participate In Your Lies (photo) / Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street / When Your Parents Don't Have Any Intention Of Buying Uniform For You.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:41am On Jun 19, 2012
terimama: when my teeth started breaking, i was told to throw it on the roof of our house so that it would grow again. cool grin

Omo that matter is serious o!! I fear the matter till now.. I would be telling my kids the same thing... (Just in case)

Asemo11: If u drink Coconut water u no go no book again

That Coconut water matter still dey fear me till tomorrow..

1 Like

Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by ajufinz(m): 11:42am On Jun 19, 2012
Spirit of Okija: * If you come first, I will buy you a bicycle.. angry

* God is watching you... angry

* Ur many tyms did u come 1st?
* So U don't believe God is watching U?
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by madridsta007(m): 11:43am On Jun 19, 2012
1. You beg mummy not to tell daddy when he comes back from work about some mischief you did at school or at home. Mummy promises not to tell Daddy. Daddy comes back, she breaks her promise and tells.
Daddy invites you into his room. You come out after 30 mins, sometimes 1 hour, a changed man.

2. ''If anyone knocks at the door, tell them your parents are not in''. You look at them and remember the Bible says you should not lie. Most times, you go ahead and lie anyway. Or you are stupid enough to say to visitors, 'My parents say, I should tell you that they are not in''. Enough flogging for you.

Childhood was fun.

3. If you swallow orange seed, it will grow on your head. Kai, I believed that one. See prayers I dey fire after swallowing orange seed.

1 Like

Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by chooaeb: 11:43am On Jun 19, 2012
hamsky: Elders are always correct and old people don't fart, for some reason i also thought that clocks use electricity
Clock does uses electricity but a form of energy conversion process from chemical(the battery) to electrical energy which produces the electricity that power the clock.

1 Like

Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by ayojosh2k(m): 11:46am On Jun 19, 2012
If you take mango + Garri, you will die

My teacher told me he never took less than 3rd position ( Until we discovered that there were only 3 people in the class)

If you talk while elders talk, you will not grow up

If you eat in an entrance, you will never be satisfied

You will be anoited by a Lekeleke(kind of bird) if you sing a song when its passing

and so much more...

6 Likes

Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by pistol: 11:59am On Jun 19, 2012
Never whistle in the night else u invite spirits

3 Likes

Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Two4Two(m): 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2012
I love all the postings they are actually memories left behind.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Rocktation(f): 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2012
ayojosh2k:

My teacher told me he never took less than 3rd position ( Until we discovered that there were only 3 people in the class)
cheesy
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by asas(f): 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
if a lizard sees your window teeth it wnt grow again
if u throw your teeth on the roof it wud grow fast
crab is not meant to be eaten by kids
eva wine is children alcoholic wine and its just grape juice
if u eat ur meat before ur food ur a greedy person
coke and fanta is very sugary so cant have it everyday meanwhile we take 2 or 3 a day
if a visitor give us money mummy collects it and says i ll keep it for u wen we ask she ll say its in d bank smh
you to bath wen its 7pm and every evening if not ojuju wud come and catch grin grin grin grin grin grin
more to come
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by awilologomba(f): 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
My father lied to me that,he was a footballer and he played local leagues,all for me to discover that he didn't even play.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by chimuchi(f): 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
[size=28pt]my parents never told me lies. they gave good examples.[/size]
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by agog: 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2012
if a child is being mischievous at home his mother would send her to the next compand to go and collect 'arodan' - something wey no exist for her. the other woman on hearing this will just tell the boy to wait while she prepare d arodan for him, a ploy to keep the troublesome child at bay.

1 Like

Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by SpiritofOkija(m): 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2012
ajufinz:

* Ur many tyms did u come 1st?
* So U don't believe God is watching U?

When a bicycle was on the line?! I even came first in the University till I graduated... angry

If I was in the U.S, I would have sued my father to court for malicious deciet and breach of verbal contract..

And NO, God isnt watching.. (The bible says the eyes of God cant behold iniquity, and if I spend 25 out of 24hrs in iniquity, and in iniqity did our mothers concieve us, how then could God possibly be watching us?).. Nwokem, wise up..

1 Like

Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by SpiritofOkija(m): 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2012
chimuchi: [size=28pt]my parents never told me lies. they gave good examples.[/size]

And the lying continues into another generation... #SMH

9 Likes

Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by brainpulse: 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2012
Do not whistle under the sun: you will be invoking the wrought of the spirits
Do not eat at night; the evil spirits will join you in the feast
Elders dont tell lies.
Never swallow your teeth, it will grow on your head. when i mistakenly swallowd my tooth at age 4, I cried my live out at school, looked at the mirror when i got home, until my mother promised to beg God on my behalf.

1 Like

Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Rocktation(f): 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2012
chimuchi: [size=28pt]my parents never told me lies. they gave good examples.[/size]

Dey lie for yourself dey go...
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by ayotoyin(f): 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2012
Do not lean on a wall when its raining
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by naylove(m): 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2012
repeated thread. but i remember being told that if its raining and sunny at the same time. it means lion and tiger dey born.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by walex25(m): 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2012
Old Memories. There was this day me and my siblings joined in killing a cat, when my mum got home and she was told that we killed a cat, she told us that the cat will come in the night to take us away, wow come and see fear. all of us couldnt eat that night especially my favourite. She ask us to continuous saying "musu darinjinmi" (forgive me cat). in the morning we were told that the cat came to our window crying. Another long day of hunger,.
Any time i remember this i always laugh at how gullible we are.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by CY09: 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2012
terimama: when my teeth started breaking, i was told to throw it on the roof of our house so that it would grow again. cool grin
hahahahahahaha! no be small tin o! i did enough of dis. grin grin grin
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Olalekan0(m): 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2012
If you disrespect your in-laws,they'll take back their daughter from you. Omo na lie jor
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by olsmade(m): 12:25pm On Jun 19, 2012
Come first in class and you'll go on holiday to 'london'

My mom will come and wake me up in the morning and tell me its 7:30 so dat I'll quickly get out of bed only for me to find out it aint even 7am yet - dis one worked every tym.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by AkpuNku2: 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2012
If you washes your plate immediately after eating, you wash away the food you ate
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by ziccoit: 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2012
"kukulaja" an imaginary fearful spirit mothers always use to scare us. Those things were really potent then
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by OILOFGLADNESS: 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2012
my parents actually came was very brillant , i saw their results, so have i package all my results for my children.

the only funny thing i was told by my mum, though it looks like a lie but never a lie but and advise ;

that was wen i am btw 4 and 5 years, she called me one day to sitting room and told me that i should never allow any man to see my pant and whenever , i want to urinate i should always close the door.
i asked her mum how about dad and my brothers cause i am the only daughter in a family of five,

She siad that whenever any man, boy including my dad and brothers asks me to raise up my cloth , i should run and come and tell her, i was happy cos then i love reporting any slightest thing i tot to be wrong.

when i was in js3, she told me that i should never allow any man to touch me suspisciously. infact i shouk never be in alonely place with any boy or man cos i will get pregnant.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by librangyps(f): 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2012
life_style:

E pele o e ma binu..

Mi o binu rara sir wink
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by nonesense: 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2012
(1)My Mum told me She is still a virgin after seven children, grin grin grin grin
(2)if u put (guluso) for your breast, the thing go enlarge
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by senatorkenn: 12:48pm On Jun 19, 2012
MTTTCCCHHHEEEEWWWWWW GENERATIONAL FALLACIES
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by ayodot(m): 12:50pm On Jun 19, 2012
don't go near plantain tree at night because that's where witches have their meeting. grin
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Domwiz4all(m): 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2012
dont separate 2 fighting cocks orda wise u wil develop revere headache.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by lucom: 12:58pm On Jun 19, 2012
Cos i hated eating beans mum wld tell me "if you dont eat beans u won't be handsome(eniti ko ba je ewa ko ni lewa)" trust me i blvd her. lol
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Bbng(f): 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2012

Oh boy, do I remember that one!

I threw a few on the roof, and frantically searched for one which got lost grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

God Made Weed (4 Weeders Only) / Gala Sellers To Represent Nigeria AT 2014 Winter Olympics. / Ongoing Whatsapp Group For Funny Videos And Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.