Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. - Jokes Etc (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. (16119 Views)

When Your Shadow Refuse To Participate In Your Lies (photo) / Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street / When Your Parents Don't Have Any Intention Of Buying Uniform For You.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by nonesense: 2:24pm On Jun 19, 2012
lagcity: Too much Fanta causes Jedi-Jedi (chop-nyash, chop-nyash). That's a damn lie! grin grin grin
dey drink am de go, i pity that your yantch undecided undecided
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by bomsilaga(m): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2012
bomsilaga:
just to add we were asked to dance else the tooth wont grow
if u look in the mirror at night u will see a ghost
if u dig a hole and leave it uncovered, a stray spirit may fall inside and then u will die
if u are sent on an errand and an elder spits on the ground, if u take long, ur navel will rot
u dont throw any object in the night so u dont hit the head of a spirit
if u dont throw the bath water of baby gently, the baby will fall sick and eventually die
if you touch the fontanel of a baby, the baby may die
every dog will give u rabbies
all cats are witches
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by worldman(m): 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2012
The only lie my dad teaches me is to tell is debtors that he his not around even when he his around
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by OperaMini1(m): 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2012
My mum who didn't go to school told me she was always coming 1st in class, and had to beat me up mercilessly one particular term i failed (in her own words) by coming 2nd in d class.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Wemmy6284(m): 3:08pm On Jun 19, 2012
My mum told me,when it is raining,do nt use your hands to fetch water 4rm d water droplet on top of d roof,if u do so and d thunder strikes it may lead to death or Sango will carry u to his home...As 4rm dat day i stopped not knowing that she wanted to protect us 4rm cold.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:14pm On Jun 19, 2012
crackhouse: o boy don't deceive urself. God can't behold ur iniquity simply means he doesn't like seeing u living in sin.

Bros free this yarn before I burst out bible now...

Meanwhile, I thought you were supposed to be in rehad for Crack addiction... undecided
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by eedriyz(m): 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2012
If you play AYO game, you will be a dullard
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
Don't allow a Lizard to see your broken teeth otherwise it won't re-grow again

The devil touches any food that falls on the ground so don't eat it. grin (broke dis one several times grin)

If you eat what is not yours, your stomach will burst after two days grin
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by terimama: 5:05pm On Jun 19, 2012
if u play "ten ten" u wud be a dullard. cool wink
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by spothot: 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2012
When sth edible falls to the ground, it is the devil's
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by purplekayc(m): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2012
If you bring your friends pencil home again, its called stealing and THUNDER will strike you. grin
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by purplekayc(m): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Bros free this yarn before I burst out bible now...

Meanwhile, I thought you were supposed to be in rehad for Crack addiction... undecided
grin grin grin grin
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 19, 2012
Don't put on the T.V till i come back home..it will spoil if you press any button.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 19, 2012
bomsilaga:
if u look in the mirror at night u will see a ghost
if u dig a hole and leave it uncovered, a stray spirit may fall inside and then u will die
if u are sent on an errand and an elder spits on the ground, if u take long, ur navel will rot
u dont throw any object in the night so u dont hit the head of a spirit
if u dont throw the bath water of baby gently, the baby will fall sick and eventually die
if you touch the fontanel of a baby, the baby may die
every dog will give u rabbies
all cats are witches

Na spirit you be?
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2012
paulokwudiri:

You are an idiot.Fool

And what are you ? Very typical of a Christian , you just showed what you and your God stand for
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by breegal: 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2012
undecidedcan't tink of anytin @ d moment........
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by GboyegaD(m): 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

That Coconut water matter still dey fear me till tomorrow..

You are not the only one in this. Maybe in the later future, I go summon the courage although I get some friends wey dey use am drink garri dat time for thier house because they get coconut tree yet they know book. I only feel I can't go against it because I once believed it.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by GboyegaD(m): 7:32pm On Jun 19, 2012
walex25: Old Memories. There was this day me and my siblings joined in killing a cat, when my mum got home and she was told that we killed a cat, she told us that the cat will come in the night to take us away, wow come and see fear. all of us couldnt eat that night especially my favourite. She ask us to continuous saying "musu darinjinmi" (forgive me cat). in the morning we were told that the cat came to our window crying. Another long day of hunger,.
Any time i remember this i always laugh at how gullible we are.

grin grin grin at the bolded.
I love your mum for that. Guess she felt should she beat you guys, you may likely repeat it so she had to send great fears down your spine and into your subconcious so that you do not repeat such.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Ruq: 8:15pm On Jun 19, 2012
If you don't show them a parcel gotten from a birthday gift in school, you have automatically ave poison.

when they want to scare you about something, they tell you close your eyes, (kilori) what do see? you tell them itz dark and tell you thats how death is.

Go and pack your clothes if you want to follow me.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Dreystar(f): 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2012
If you on a flashlight to the cloud at nite, you are disrespecting God by shining the light to his face smiley
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 19, 2012
if you swallow orange seed, it will grow on your head. grin grin
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Toyin50(m): 10:12pm On Jun 19, 2012
wink[color=#770077][/color] That d person born before me went to London, whereas he's dead...
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Bright146(m): 11:01pm On Jun 19, 2012
UNCLE jack use to say " if u smoke indian h**m, u will go crazy" *•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•

*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by freecocoa(f): 11:23pm On Jun 19, 2012
Anytime my mum wanted to go out and i start crying wanting to follow her,she always told me to go and get my slippers\shoes that she'd wait for me,only for me to come and notice she had gone.

*They never talked backed at or disobeyed their parents.

*They were the most hard working children that ever lived when they were kids.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by clemmonce(m): 11:54pm On Jun 19, 2012
nonesense: (1)My Mum told me She is still a virgin after seven children, grin grin grin grin
(2)if u put (guluso) for your breast, the thing go enlarge
i BELIEVED THE NUM 2 THEN AND I THINK I STILL because THERE WAS THIS GIRL IN MY SEC SCH SHE HAD A BIG BREAST SO ME AND MY FRDS CONCLUDED DAT SHE PUT GULUSO ON IT.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 20, 2012
Wislet: it was never bought, huh? grin

cos he never came first, huh? grin
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by chipet(m): 3:33am On Jun 20, 2012
Most igbo fathers would say to their son "I served a master @ aba" n "girls doesn't visit me at home"
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by chipet(m): 3:36am On Jun 20, 2012
clemmonce: i BELIEVED THE NUM 2 THEN AND I THINK I STILL because THERE WAS THIS GIRL IN MY SEC SCH SHE HAD A BIG BREAST SO ME AND MY FRDS CONCLUDED DAT SHE PUT GULUSO ON IT.

What's guluso?
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by movicy(m): 5:45am On Jun 20, 2012
thanks for this thread rock

1 Like

Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by jeffizy(m): 7:30am On Jun 20, 2012
Spirit of Okija: * If you come first, I will buy you a bicycle.. angry

* God is watching you... angry
*erm...erm..* did you ever come first?
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by dubem3(m): 8:12am On Jun 20, 2012
Bbng:

Oh boy, do I remember that one!

I threw a few on the roof, and frantically searched for one which got lost grin.
Re: Lies Your Parents Told You While Growing Up. by myfriend1(m): 8:23am On Jun 20, 2012
If you put your hand in rain drop from roof, you will turn leprosy.
if you play inside the rain, you will fall sick.
I love all this lies, it makes us fear, love and respect our parents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

God Made Weed (4 Weeders Only) / Gala Sellers To Represent Nigeria AT 2014 Winter Olympics. / A Thread For Funny Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.