Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? (4037 Views)

Drama In The Office As I Tender My Resignation After Getting A New Job. / Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff / I Need Help, My Female Boss In The Office Touches Me At Inappropriate Pla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by TheMatrix3: 9:23am On Jun 19, 2012
Its 7:18am in the office on Monday morning, and we have a meeting with my Boss by 7:30am, so I decide to "feel" NL a little to pass time and see whats threading. I really enjoyed the responses and was laughing and posting and enjoying myself. When I looked at the time: IT WAS 8:05!!! shocked

Guy if you see race wey I carry run comot for office ehn, you go tink say I don craze. well, i missed the meeting and was fined grin . So i was thinking, has NL affected your output positively or negatively either at work or school or whatever. pls share

4 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by lifestyle1(m): 11:01am On Jun 19, 2012
The_Matrix: Its 7:18am in the office on Monday morning, and we have a meeting with my Boss by 7:30am, so I decide to "feel" NL a little to pass time and see whats threading. I really enjoyed the responses and was laughing and posting and enjoying myself. When I looked at the time: IT WAS 8:05!!! shocked
Guy if you see race wey i carry run comot for office ehn, you go tink say I don craze. well, i missed the meeting and was [size=16pt]Fired [/size]grin . So i was thinking, has NL affected your output positively or negatively either at work or school or whatever. pls share

Sorry you are on your own tongue

For me, It has affected my life positively and financially, i make money on nl up to date and I'm serious about this... undecided

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by funkymedina: 11:02am On Jun 19, 2012
See ya life? Ya whole life inside Internet. Na God save u say u no turn applicant grin . Nl is a great and can be addictive. Softly softly sha. I work for myself so ...am a happy camper cheesy
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:03am On Jun 19, 2012
NL has the same effect facebook use to have on me - 90% facebook, 5% lunch 5% Work grin Facebook got blocked on the firewall but not nairaland grin
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by mrman2(m): 11:06am On Jun 19, 2012
You need to draw a line oo, if they fire ur nairaland browsing yansh, Seun no go send you oo. Highest you'll post a topic about how nairaland got you fird and some people will sympathise with you. Careful, a word to the wise is enough.

2 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by Orikinla(m): 11:07am On Jun 19, 2012
I have been a member of Nairaland since 2005 or 2006 and I came here from the Nigerians in America forum.
I use Nairaland for news and information gathering and sharing for the further development of my own online news media and information company and the conversations help me a lot in message development for dialogue in script writing and narrative literature. So, Nairaland is an integral part of my office work from which I earn money to pay my bills and pay salaries too.
What most people don't even know is the fact that the most popular Nigerian international film festival, the annual Eko International Film Festival (EKOIFF) was founded here over my controversial post on https://www.nairaland.com/309929/two-thumbs-down-lagos-international.

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by lifestyle1(m): 11:09am On Jun 19, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: NL has the same effect facebook use to have on me - 90% facebook, 5% lunch 5% Work grin Facebook got blocked on the firewall but not nairaland grin

Do you still wish to have access to facebook ?
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by Sijo01(f): 11:13am On Jun 19, 2012
its has not affected me negatively though but has slowed dwn my wrk. presently, hv some wrk 2do but its grounded & patiently waiting for my attention.
i nairaland to burn dwn stress n tension.

My immediate boss onex asked me if money is been shared on NL, because anytime he luks @my screen wt he sees is NL.

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by mrkels(m): 11:18am On Jun 19, 2012
NL is messing up my life right now o, like seriously. In the past it was hi5, then yahoo messenger, later facebook(the worst), then my blackberry, and now I have managed to outgrow those addictions, the one am suffering from now is NL.every $orning b4 I get up I must come here for latest happenings in naija,the tin tire me o. Even though am a silent user, not posting all the time, but I still spend close to 2hrs a day on nl

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by maclatunji: 11:19am On Jun 19, 2012
I would have stayed away from Nairaland a long time ago. However, I found that I would still lose some time from work without Nairaland because I would end-up being sleepy after some time. It has been 50:50 for me, Good:Bad.
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by realghy(m): 11:19am On Jun 19, 2012
The_Matrix: Its 7:18am in the office on Monday morning, and we have a meeting with my Boss by 7:30am, so I decide to "feel" NL a little to pass time and see whats threading. I really enjoyed the responses and was laughing and posting and enjoying myself. When I looked at the time: IT WAS 8:05!!! shocked
Guy if you see race wey i carry run comot for office ehn, you go tink say I don craze. well, i missed the meeting and was fined grin . So i was thinking, has NL affected your output positively or negatively either at work or school or whatever. pls share

lol
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by inspirenet: 11:23am On Jun 19, 2012
positively
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by Joeblis(m): 11:39am On Jun 19, 2012
is nairaland so addictive??dude u'd beter do some reforms b4 nairaland get ur azz kicked 4rm office
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by Hottestbuoy(m): 11:55am On Jun 19, 2012
Ma dear frds...i amaaah i jealouse dose who r enjoyin dia job cos am herea 3 monthns now still lookin 4 job since roundin up ma nysc since march 2012.am tired of sittinq at home..i need a job seriously.........how can i a bio-medical qrad of Genetics and Biotechnolqy unical be wastin ma talent...d worst is dat God has imbued in me a kind of creative mind..i think outta the Box.am alwas confidence anyhthg am doin..so pls someone shud help me out........thsi country is hard ooo...pls.....someone shud call ma on ma mtn if u can be of help to me 08038938117.....pls am hopin to hear frm a qood samaritan ...thanks a bunch pals
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by ochiaha1(m): 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
Nairaland helps me douse the stress at the workplace. Anytime I need to unwind a little, I open up NL website to read topics posted by Nairalanders and to make my own contribution.

Most of the time I end up laughing at the funny comments posted by fellow Nairalanders and this makes my colleagues to ask, 'what funny?' and I answer them, 'comments by nairalanders on different issues'. grin
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by Doctorflaky(f): 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2012
life_style:

For me, It has affected my life positively and financially, i make money on nl up to date and I'm serious about this... undecided
Can you pls enlighten me on how NL make money for you. Sincerelly I wouldnt mind. foladesunbo@yahoo.com
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by pslm23(f): 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2012
This site is highly addictive. The last time i felt this kind of "pull" was when I joined Facebook some years ago. The company i work for was sold to some Jordanians who immediately blocked everything including google maps (WTF??) I thought i'd never see NL again but surprise, surprise, i still have it and i can say i put in at least 2.5 hours on NL within my 8 hr work day.
Luckily for me, if our IT dept looks they won't see any history of everyday NL visits because the new Internet Explorer we have here has what is called In Private Viewing and from that private tab, I can go to NL anytime and there'll be no cookies or history of me being there.
I'm at work now sending this message instead of doing my work! smiley smiley NL wan kill me

2 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by Slyr0x: 12:14pm On Jun 19, 2012
My Former coy's Network Administrator blocked Nairaland 'cos of me cheesy
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by Hottestbuoy(m): 12:26pm On Jun 19, 2012
Someone qood should Help me link up with a job plsssssssssss
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by Jamesqu(m): 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2012
Oh, NL saved my life....

I have been coming here for years but only joined this year when I wondered what was hidden behind the sexuality wall....

If u r bored and u need a good laff, NL is it
If u have been looking at numbers on excel and going nuts, NL is it
If u can't afford lunch, NL is it
If ur gf/wife gives u attitude, NL is it
If NEPA arrests ur area, NL is it (phone browsing)
If u r abroad and need latest happenings, NL is it (really had a good time during occupy Nigeria though away from Nigeria)
If u wanna feel the pulse of the nation, NL is it

In a day, I put in about 3hrs of NL....though at work maybe 0.5-1 hr

2 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by naylove(m): 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2012
Slyr0x: My Former coy's Network Administrator blocked Nairaland 'cos of me cheesy

dont let anyone deprive you of any site of your choice.

try this site to anonymously view your favrite website.

surfshield.net
hidemyass.com
anonymizer.com.
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by TheMatrix3: 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2012
Yea its helped my lief positively a lot too, esp when am bored or angry or sleepy, but i neva use am make money o!

life_style:

Guy you be agent ni? abi you dey sell Land for NL? grin
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2012
What work?
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by manny4life(m): 12:50pm On Jun 19, 2012
Nairaland did take it's own toll on me- work performance. After I was at the verge of been let go, I swore commitment to myself regardless of NL. There's time for everything, I log in now and then but it I "concentrate" when working on a project or report, even if it's a HOT argument, I'll ignore it for the time being and FOCUS, when I'm done, I'll go back to NL's chest beating...lol grin grin grin grin
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by mrseamy: 12:53pm On Jun 19, 2012
hmmmmm
dats coooooool
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by damilola15: 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2012
Hottestbuoy: Ma dear frds...i amaaah i jealouse dose who r enjoyin dia job cos am herea 3 monthns now still lookin 4 job since roundin up ma nysc since march 2012.am tired of sittinq at home..i need a job seriously.........how can i a bio-medical qrad of Genetics and Biotechnolqy unical be wastin ma talent...d worst is dat God has imbued in me a kind of creative mind..i think outta the Box.am alwas confidence anyhthg am doin..so pls someone shud help me out........thsi country is hard ooo...pls.....someone shud call ma on ma mtn if u can be of help to me 08038938117.....pls am hopin to hear frm a qood samaritan ...thanks a bunch pals

You should be using NL to improve your English or at least your communication skills.
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 19, 2012
Use a ? Add me on bbm. P
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by lifestyle1(m): 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2012
The_Matrix: Yea its helped my lief positively a lot too, esp when am bored or angry or sleepy, but i neva use am make money o!

Guy you be agent ni? abi you dey sell Land for NL? grin

No, I don't sell land, rather I sell my passion...
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by lifestyle1(m): 1:08pm On Jun 19, 2012
Hottestbuoy: Ma dear frds...i amaaah i jealouse dose who r enjoyin dia job cos am herea 3 monthns now still lookin 4 job since roundin up ma nysc since march 2012.am tired of sittinq at home..i need a job seriously.........how can i a bio-medical qrad of Genetics and Biotechnolqy unical be wastin ma talent...d worst is dat God has imbued in me a kind of creative mind..i think outta the Box.am alwas confidence anyhthg am doin..so pls someone shud help me out........thsi country is hard ooo...pls.....someone shud call ma on ma mtn if u can be of help to me 08038938117.....pls am hopin to hear frm a qood samaritan ...thanks a bunch pals

WHAT was your grade after graduation ?
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 19, 2012
Lol, I haven't missed a meeting yet. The only reason it doesn't really pose a challenge to work is because my work is online. So as I open google chrome, NL is in one window.
Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by jslimz(f): 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2012
I actually have nothing doin with myself these days. My folks keep wondering why i'm always staring at my phone screen and laughing hard. All thanks to NL romance section.
NL make brain die

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Affected Your Work At The Office? by joudini(m): 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2012
Even if your network admin locks down all proxy sites n ports, no matter how snooky he is, he won't see a trace of packet when you use the tor browser.

OTOH, don't get sacked cos of NL, shiit aint plausible excuse.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Information About Provincial Nomination Programs In Canada / MCSA Certification Forum / ACCA Pledges To Assist FG In Tackling Public Sector Accounting Gaps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.