Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

"You Have To Be Trashy And Black To Get Nominated" - Michelle Rodriguez - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "You Have To Be Trashy And Black To Get Nominated" - Michelle Rodriguez (1502 Views)

Actress, Uche Jumbo-Rodriguez Rocks Camouflage In New Selfie (Photos) / Uche Jumbo-Rodriguez And Hubby Dedicate Their Son (Photos) / Uche Jombo Rodriguez Shows Off Her Post Baby Body, Steps Out With Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"You Have To Be Trashy And Black To Get Nominated" - Michelle Rodriguez by anonymous6(f): 10:31am On Jun 19, 2012
“Avatar” star Michelle Rodriguez may have stepped in the proverbial hornet’s nest with some eyebrow-raising comments she made in France recently.

The outspoken actress was speaking to New York magazine's Vulture last week at an amfAR event when she offered her take on Lee Daniels’ new film “The Paperboy.”

To the question of whether one of the film’s stars, Nicole Kidman, could potentially earn an Oscar for her controversial turn in the flick (she "pees" on co-star Zac Efron in one scene) Rodriguez promptly shot the possibility down. Her reason? Kidman's neither “black” nor “trashy.”

"One of my friends said, 'She’s going to get nominated for an Oscar for that,’” Rodriguez said of the buzzed-about film. “I was like, 'Nah, man. She’s not black!'"

"I laugh, but it’s also very sad," she added. "It makes me want to cry. But I really believe. You have to be trashy and black to get nominated. You can’t just be trashy."

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/01/michelle-rodriguez-on-why-nicole-kidman-wont-win-an-oscar/
Re: "You Have To Be Trashy And Black To Get Nominated" - Michelle Rodriguez by anonymous6(f): 10:33am On Jun 19, 2012
Re: "You Have To Be Trashy And Black To Get Nominated" - Michelle Rodriguez by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 19, 2012
Blacks are hardly ever nominated, talkless of winning. Halle Berry is the only Black woman to win Best Actress, and that was just in 2001. Either she's jealous or she's loony.
Re: "You Have To Be Trashy And Black To Get Nominated" - Michelle Rodriguez by anonymous6(f): 5:50pm On Jun 20, 2012
ogugua88: Blacks are hardly ever nominated, talkless of winning. Halle Berry is the only Black woman to win Best Actress, and that was just in 2001. Either she's jealous or she's loony.

I think she is loony, that women has been known to have mental issues

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid Drops N3m,2face N1.5m To Save OJB / SEXY PHOTO: Kim Kardashian Flaunts Hot Post Baby Body, Revealing Bóobs And Bum / Banky W's Performance At Peter And Lola Okoye's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.