|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1063302 members, 1236869 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2013 at 02:58 AM
|Project Manager(ref: Code PM 002) by appliedeng: 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2012|
Our Client is a company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, they have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. And the service of a Project Manager in Nigeria for a major FPSO
• Engineering Manager (South Africa)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (TASKS / DUTIES)
• Act as the Engineering focal point for the region, responsible for planning, coordination and execution of all aspects of the Engineering Functions.
• Responsible for the Labour SIOP for the region based on the project backlog and sales front log.
• Participate in AOP and STRAP for Region.
• Manage and build Engineering staff capacity and competency levels in the region to service the Labour SIOP, AOP and STRAP.
• Work with Operations to plan, coordinate and execute projects within the region. Monitor status of projects, with a focus on assessing technical risks to the business and improvements to best practices.
• Risk management on projects (technical, quality and customer satisfaction) and report to regional management – key metrics, project status.
• Responsible for delivery of professional engineering service in the region.
• Interface with customers and act as an escalation path for all engineering work.
• Lead and coach direct reports to drive technical delivery, achieve customer satisfaction and results.
• Ensure skills development and deployment within the region and knowledge transfer within the Engineering team.
• Work with other engineering functions across other regions, including COEs, sales, estimation, contract management,operations, etc.
• Ensures that required prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, deliverables, schedule, and budget)are in place prior to commencing work.
• Produces part(s) of total functional design specifications and technical design specifications.
• Reviews and approves design specification and technical designs for other engineers on the team.
• Insures that all work is executed to appropriate standards and quality systems (Implementation, Test & Documentation)
• Coaches and supports assigned engineers to ensure they are able to meet the requirements of their work assignments within the time allotted and cost budgets.
• Monitors and controls assigned work scope against the project plan.
• Effectively communicates with customers to fully define and agree project requirements.
• Proactively recommends potential quality and efficiency improvements within the engineering group
• Shares technical knowledge with project team, supervisor, own discipline and other engineering disciplines
• Reports progress and technical problems to project and engineering supervisor.
• Design, lead and implement-customized complex and/or standard engineering solutions, typically undertaking aspects of a large project (i.e. Engineering, Construction, Infrastructure, Database Configuration), to successful completion and within budgeted time and cost constraints.
• Working to estimate, design and install process control system and instrumentation.
• Planning and Organizing.
• Judgement, Problem Solving.
• Technical Knowledge.
• Commercial Financial Awareness.
• Results Orientation.
• Managing Team Performance.
• Risk Management.
• The ability to make decisions and to exercise discretion.
• Developing Strategic Client Relationships
• Effective Team Player
• Customer Focused
• Business Development
• Self Starter & Motivator
• Integrity & Trustworthy
• Interpersonal Skills
• Knowledge Hungry
• Time Management
• Passionate about your job
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• A senior professional with a minimum of 10 years experience in a projects and engineering environment.
• A qualified Engineer at Tertiary level
• Should have a certification in Project Management
• Strong industry knowledge (oil and gas or top multinational manufacturing company).
• Experience in operating across multiple disciplines, in a complex matrix organisation.
• People management skills
Qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and CV as an attachment in MS Word or PDF format to: email@example.com, stating the position and the job reference code as the subject of the e-mail address.
Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health