Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Italian Student Visa-help! - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Student Visa-help! (478819 Views)

I Need South Africa Visa Help / Cable Visa Help / FRENCH TOURIST VISA : Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 9:47am On Sep 06, 2017
smithsydny:
I will say it again no medical insurance for student from home.. U apply for medical insurance over there so u can use it to apply for residence permit..

Without medical insurance over there u can't get permit..

NB: Please let know person quote me on this again..

Nah beg I dey beg.. If anyone isn't OK with this enter plane go Italy go ask..
I got my health insurance from home and still used it to apply for my permisso di soggiorno per motivo di studio (residence permit for the purpose of study) How about that? smiley As a matter of fact, it saves cost.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dejiconde(m): 9:47am On Sep 06, 2017
Please gurus in d house should please advice on this issue of insufficient documentation because its now becoming a trend.
What is d solution to this!!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dejiconde(m): 9:51am On Sep 06, 2017
Dencotext:

Medical insurance gives rise to "insufficient documentation"? Is that your surmise? Osanobuaaaaa! We will all be denied visa o!
lol..... God go make way oo
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 10:07am On Sep 06, 2017
dejiconde:
ur second point might actually be d problem, my sponsor is a business man I actually submitted his business CAC. Wat other I.d do dey need?
Maybe wen next I apply around February next yr I will HV to submit his landed property and co.
Submitting his landed property dox may not be necessary,rather you need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the sponsor is related to you (even if they are your parents)

Tip: In case of maternal uncle, it would be appropriate to include family tree and dox or cert showing your mother's maiden name,relating it your your maternal uncle's name.

If someone who is not any of your family member is sponsoring you, you need to prove the genuineness and his motive of doing so. This is why Canada study visa applicants sometimes include both affidavit of sponsorship + letter of sponsorship (Yes, both dox serves same purpose, but affidavit is more Official and has legal biding because it involves the court of law) in their application.

Note: This is just a clue on some steps to add more value to your visa app. In case you choose to re-apply for the study to Italy or any other country that operates in similar method;this may be useful.

I wish you the best in your endeavours.
Ciao!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dejiconde(m): 10:09am On Sep 06, 2017
newacca:

Submitting his landed property dox may not be necessary,rather you need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the sponsor is related to you (even if they are your parents)

Tip: In case of maternal uncle, it would be appropriate to include family tree and dox or cert showing your mother's maiden name,relating it your your maternal uncle's name.

If someone who is not any of your family member is sponsoring you, you need to prove the genuineness and his motive of doing so. This is why Canada study visa applicants sometimes include both affidavit of sponsorship + letter of sponsorship (Yes, both dox serves same purpose, but affidavit is more Official and has legal biding because it involves the court of law) in their application.

Note: This is just a clue on some steps to add more value to your visa app. In case you choose to re-apply for the study to Italy or any other country that operates in similar method;this may be useful.

I wish you the best in your endeavours.
Ciao!
Noted bro... Thanks so much
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 10:10am On Sep 06, 2017
Dencotext:

Ok if I am acting as Andrea I will first of all want to know the relationship between you and this business man first... father, uncle, brother.... I will first check your birth certificate to see who is your father or mother there. If it does not correlate to this business man, then I will need vital proof of your relationship with the business man and will only accept strong brotherly proof... which is a little more difficult to establish with all certainty even if you have the same surname with them than a fatherly or motherly proof. So If I do not find strong family connection, even when you try, then i state "Insufficient Documentation"!... I am happy we all know the root cause now, and we will try to avoid it... I do not think you need land property or extra asset in this case but more about establishing a family connection matters most. Its even worst when you do not bear the same surname.
May God increase your knowledge.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Patechezz: 10:15am On Sep 06, 2017
dejiconde:
master in accounting and management

OK good. The issue is that even if you are not required to write an entrance exam, however UNISIENA gave the following notice!

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
No admission tests are foreseen for the below mentioned courses offered in English language.
However, please note that students will be enrolled in order of arrival in Siena until the available places have been occupied:
• LM in Biology – curr. in Biodiversity and environmental health
• LM in Finance
• LM in Language and mind: linguistics and cognitive studies
• LM in Scienze internazionali –curr. in European studies
• LM in Chemistry
• LM in Economics
• LM in Management e governance – curr. in Accounting and management
• LM in Public and cultural diplomacy.

This means if u arrive late you might not have a place as all the available places might have been filled up. How does this affect issuing of visa one might ask? I presume you all know that medical insurance is needed to apply for residence permit right? You're not required to submit a medical insurance during your visa application if the embassy is sure you're already admitted and you need not meet any other requirement and things like that... Becos they know u must surely need the insurance to apply for a residence permit... But if there's a test, and even if u fail the test and you request to be posted to another school, and also if there's no test and there's a possibility that b4 ur arrival all available places might have been filled and you'll need to request to be posted to another school blarr blarr blarr, all these takes time.. The embassy will ask themselves what insurance will be covering you during this time...

I'll advised all my guys here to go check their form A (that form used during pre-enrollment; if u don't have it u can download it from google)
Once u have it check page 2 read it...

All these I pointed out are results of my research which might not be 100% correct. ..
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Patechezz: 10:22am On Sep 06, 2017
newacca:

I got my health insurance from home and still used it to apply for my permisso di soggiorno per motivo di studio (residence permit for the purpose of study) How about that? smiley As a matter of fact, it saves cost.

Did u include it during your visa application?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 10:24am On Sep 06, 2017
First thing I always try to sort out in applying for a visa is meeting the document requirement list (Although, providing all necessary document doesn't guarantee visa approval, as all the embassies will say smiley ) At least, this will make your application appear more serious comparing to application with less required documents. In fact, embassies do write on their forms that applying with incomplete document may result to delay or refusal of visa application.

If embassy state in their document checklist that you need health insurance certifate either as a visitor or student, I don't see the reason why you wouldn't want to include it in your application, if you need the visa. Health insurance certificate is a vital document for travellers particularly those who will be staying in the foreign country beyond 3 months.

It is advisable to get your health insurance certificate, if it is required by the embassy. They have the list of approved insurance companies to buy the policy from.

I wish everyone of us the best in our endeavours.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 10:25am On Sep 06, 2017
Patechezz:

Did u include it during your visa application?
Yes, I did.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Patechezz: 10:29am On Sep 06, 2017
newacca:

Yes, I did.

OK thanks.. Masters or undergraduate study?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2017
Patechezz:

OK thanks.. Masters or undergraduate study?
UG
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2017
Patechezz:

Yes true but I think it's a vital document that has been listed in d requisite document that is missing.. In d refusals I have seen it was clearly stated that "we repeal the obligation of explaining the reason for the denial" they quoted a law.. Also they usually write on grounds of safety and public order concerns that are usually involved in the issue of entry visa (except for visa application that fall into 22,24,26,27,28,e.t.c). I did some research and it's all pointing to that medical insurance except of course ur visa application falls into act 22,24,26,28 blarr blarr... So if they are not giving you a hint as to what document is missing then I believe it's becos it's a requisite document...
But someone here was giving visa for masters at Rome business school without medical insurance, please throw more light on those act you stated above?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Patechezz: 10:36am On Sep 06, 2017
newacca:

UG

Sorry for all the questions ooo... Which school please? And is it private or public?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 06, 2017
No one knows how the Italian consulate operates, last week in this forum some people said that the consulate called them on phone to forward their parents bank statement or they would be denied visa, so no one can actually tell. though the people i know personally that applied with medical insurance was given visa, one undergraduate the other masters, in all things prayer is the key
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2017
I dont think Medical insurance is enough to deny visa, cus it is even stated on the schools website on how you can enrol into the SSN, the italian health insurance scheme, which you can use to apply for resident permit
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2017
ato12:
These are the documents I submitted for my student visa and I was granted....

School credentials such as
Bsc cert
Bsc transcript
Nysc cert
Letter of recommendation fr school either hod or dean
Two waec certificates
Secondary school testimonial
all these documents are authenticated at both moe and moa then translated at anifowoshe vi.
Almighty dov
Documents from working place
Appointment letter
Confirmation of appointment
Recommendation letter fr boss
Introduction letter
Study leave approval letter
Others
Bank statement
Receipt of half school fee payment
Birth cert
Spiritual
Prayers and fasting with series of psalms and Isaiah

He did not apply with medical insurance but he was issued a visa so it's all about prayers and luck
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Patechezz: 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
Talented4real:

He did not apply with medical insurance but he was issued a visa so it's all about prayers and luck

Suite yourself
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Patechezz: 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2017
[quote author=Talented4real post=60189676]

He did not apply with medical insurance but he was issued a visa so it's all about prayers and luck[/quot

From what he listed he didn't include things like flight and hotel reservation.. .
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Patechezz: 2:42pm On Sep 06, 2017
Talented4real:
I dont think Medical insurance is enough to deny visa, cus it is even stated on the schools website on how you can enrol into the SSN, the italian health insurance scheme, which you can use to apply for resident permit

What of for entry visa
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2017
Patechezz:

What of for entry visa
From what am seeing online now purchase of Health insurance coverage is very important for visa application whether UG or masters...
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Patechezz: 3:48pm On Sep 06, 2017
Talented4real:

From what am seeing online now purchase of Health insurance coverage is very important for visa application whether UG or masters...

Ok....
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2017
Patechezz:

Sorry for all the questions ooo... Which school please? And is it private or public?
Private.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 06, 2017
newacca:

Private.
sent a mail bro
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Patechezz: 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2017
smithsydny:
sent a mail bro

I haven't seen it bro
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 4:29pm On Sep 06, 2017
smithsydny:
sent a mail bro
None received.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2017
newacca:

None received.
check your mail bro..
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Dencotext: 4:35pm On Sep 06, 2017
I have noticed that may be if you did not fill the visa application form properly and made mistake in your biodata form, it can lead to "insufficient documentation". Did you book a return ticket? Did your visa application form have your departure date which should ryme with your flight booking?

Mind you a visa is not a permit, as it is only given to you to process your education there in Italy, but for the purpose of assurance in case you did not succeed, you need to book a return ticket or willingness to return back...notwithstanding your intended length of study. Visa is given mostly for 90 days. The VFS guy told me that National Visa D is for those who return back and intend to go (if they have missing or stolen documents). Well it is just a theory I am developing sha.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
Dencotext:
I have noticed that may be if you did not fill the visa application form properly and made mistake in your biodata form, it can lead to "insufficient documentation". Did you book a return ticket? Did your visa application form have your departure date which should ryme with your flight booking?

Mind you a visa is not a permit, as it is only given to you to process your education there in Italy, but for the purpose of assurance in case you did not succeed, you need to book a return ticket or willingness to return back...notwithstanding your intended length of study. Visa is given mostly for 90 days. The VFS guy told me that National Visa D is for those who return back and intend to go (if they have missing or stolen documents). Well it is just a theory I am developing sha.
Bro nothing to assume, someone here did not even show evidence of hotel and flight booking as well medical insurance but he was giving visa. so no one is sure we are just assuming!!! Right now its only God that have the final say.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Patechezz: 5:42pm On Sep 06, 2017
Dencotext:

You have made a very salient point.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Dencotext: 5:50pm On Sep 06, 2017
Talented4real:

Bro nothing to assume, someone here did not even show evidence of hotel and flight booking as well medical insurance but he was giving visa. so no one is sure we are just assuming!!! Right now its only God that have the final say.
Don't be too confident! That person duly paid school fee in advance. Also they stated "others" among the document listed which could stand for bookings etc

So are you telling me if you fill your visa form wrongly it would be overlooked?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 06, 2017
Dencotext:

Don't be too confident! That person duly paid school fee in advance. Also they stated "others" among the document listed which could stand for bookings etc

So are you telling me if you fill your visa form wrongly it would be overlooked?
Didn't the vfs man went through your visa application form?
they will make sure you have no error on your visa app form prior to submission, if their is, you will be told to go and correct it and then submit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (232) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.