Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Italian Student Visa-help! - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Student Visa-help! (478634 Views)

I Need South Africa Visa Help / Cable Visa Help / FRENCH TOURIST VISA : Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 30, 2014
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by fashsolar: 7:29am On Nov 01, 2014
HOW DID YOU GET YOUR SECONDARY SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT?
Pelumiv:

I am in the Politecnico Di Torino. You will send your application online with the upload of scanned original document. The sch fee is 2500 euro. I submitted WAEC, SECONDARY SCHOOL TESTIMONIAL, SECONDARY SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT, IELTS RESULT.

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Pelumiv(m): 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2014
fashsolar:
HOW DID YOU GET YOUR SECONDARY SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT?
You go to your secondary school and request for your transcript.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by damitola(m): 3:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
@pelumiv can two O'level sittings be accepted into any school in italy,and should I get any transcript for them. @soyodele boss boss,u bon ur boi no wahala, any admission dey out yet u knw say we don enter ando month.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
damitola:
. @soyodele boss boss,u bon ur boi no wahala, any admission dey out yet u knw say we don enter ando month.

Sorry, do I know you? Lol

We go see soon

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Pelumiv(m): 12:08am On Nov 04, 2014
damitola:
@pelumiv can two O'level sittings be accepted into any school in italy,and should I get any transcript for them. @soyodele boss boss,u bon ur boi no wahala, any admission dey out yet u knw say we don enter ando month.

I used two O'level result. So, It is accepted.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Harmony222(m): 4:21am On Nov 05, 2014
Nice thread here, great questions n replies, have been following like a ghost n been able to digest abt 80pct of it. Before i ask my bit i would like to bring to the notice of all prospective candidate;
going abroad is surely a good thing mostly when its on a study basis buh we often fail to weigh out stumbling blocks one may encounter in process, having read through i came to realise none has cared to inquire of the living expenses, like what is the monthly living budget for student, are students allowed to work like in other countries and if they do what is the allowed time, what is the italian average wage, these questions i believe when answered vividly can give a more narrowed view of what to prepare n expect.
Now my question is, if one is invited for visit by a distant relation who is an italian citizen. is it possibe for that person to apply for masters study when he gets there? Got thes uni on list n they all have english medium wit ielts required.... Politecnico di milano, politecnico di torino and politecnico di bologna.. 3300euro tuition each (dunno of any reduction yet).

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 12:29am On Nov 09, 2014
@pelumiv can answer some of your questions
Living expenses varies e.g As a stu in pavia, you won't spend more than €13/yr on transportation.
If you cook by yourself, you won't spend more than €
35. Also if you're unable to get accommodation on campus, you can get shared apartment @ €200/month.
A friend in Milan pays €400/month.
There are jobs buh when you see your work load, you won't think of the job buh the primary aim of traveling which is "study".
It is very possible to apply for M.Sc while on visit but remember you have to legalize your documents and you need to apply for another class of VISA because Stu VISA(class) is different from visitor.
I hope this piece is helpful.

Harmony222:
Nice thread here, great questions n replies, have been following like a ghost n been able to digest abt 80pct of it. Before i ask my bit i would like to bring to the notice of all prospective candidate;
going abroad is surely a good thing mostly when its on a study basis buh we often fail to weigh out stumbling blocks one may encounter in process, having read through i came to realise none has cared to inquire of the living expenses, like what is the monthly living budget for student, are students allowed to work like in other countries and if they do what is the allowed time, what is the italian average wage, these questions i believe when answered vividly can give a more narrowed view of what to prepare n expect.
Now my question is, if one is invited for visit by a distant relation who is an italian citizen. is it possibe for that person to apply for masters study when he gets there? Got thes uni on list n they all have english medium wit ielts required.... Politecnico di milano, politecnico di torino and politecnico di bologna.. 3300euro tuition each (dunno of any reduction yet).

2 Likes

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Harmony222(m): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2014
ajanwal:
@pelumiv can answer some of your questions
Living expenses varies e.g As a stu in pavia, you won't spend more than €13/yr on transportation.
If you cook by yourself, you won't spend more than €
35. Also if you're unable to get accommodation on campus, you can get shared apartment @ €200/month.
A friend in Milan pays €400/month.
There are jobs buh when you see your work load, you won't think of the job buh the primary aim of traveling which is "study".
It is very possible to apply for M.Sc while on visit but remember you have to legalize your documents and you need to apply for another class of VISA because Stu VISA(class) is different from visitor.
I hope this piece is helpful.

means i can apply for a student visa while in italy on visitors visa? i hv to read through previous post again to get acquainted with legalization processing.... btw, thanks for your input.. others with contrary view can comment also, pls.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Pelumiv(m): 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2014
No school will accept you without DOV. So, its better you do your DOV before coming. Moreover, you have a higher chance of getting a student visa than a tourist visa.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 12:19am On Nov 16, 2014
Harmony222:

means i can apply for a student visa while in italy on visitors visa? i hv to read through previous post again to get acquainted with legalization processing.... btw, thanks for your input.. others with contrary view can comment also, pls.

I wouldn't know if you can apply there because I met Jemila @ the consulate in VI. She got admission when she traveled to see her Sister(a catholic Nun) in Italy with a visitor's VISA.
She had to follow the process of legalizing, translating etc and also applied for VISA.
She got the student VISA anyway.
If you're in Italy presently, I think you can ask people around you or the school you intend you do your graduate study.
Best wishes!!!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Harmony222(m): 8:22am On Nov 16, 2014
ajanwal:

I wouldn't know if you can apply there because I met Jemila @ the consulate in VI. She got admission when she traveled to see her Sister(a catholic Nun) in Italy with a visitor's VISA.
She had to follow the process of legalizing, translating etc and also applied for VISA.
She got the student VISA anyway.
If you're in Italy presently, I think you can ask people around you or the school you intend you do your graduate study.
Best wishes!!!

means she( Jemila) came back to nigeria to apply for the student visa or how? @pelumiv, if thats possible yes then i hv to do d DOV as u hv said, n also d aim is student visa nt tourist visa... thanks for all input, btw* m stl in nigeria.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
bossman4:

I had a partial scholarship and I was entitled to loan that will cover the remaining part plus the living expenses. However, I also submited the statement of my salary account that had over 2 miliion as at that time.

You couldn't travel that very year according to this post.
Did you later contact the consulate?
Did you later pre-enroll the following year since you had a valid student VISA.
I have similar issue because I do not have accommodation in Italy.
I'm considering deferring it since money for accommodation isn't coming.
I wouldn't like to waste this golden opportunity.
I believe you and I know that Italian VISA is one of the hardest to get in the Walter Carrington Crescent.
Patiently waiting for your response
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
ajanwal:

You couldn't travel that very year according to this post.
Did you later contact the consulate?
Did you later pre-enroll the following year since you had a valid student VISA.
I have similar issue because I do not have accommodation in Italy.
I'm considering deferring it since money for accommodation isn't coming.
I wouldn't like to waste this golden opportunity.
I believe you and I know that Italian VISA is one of the hardest to get in the Walter Carrington Crescent.
Patiently waiting for your response

Sorry I dont come here often. To your questions;

1. I didnt contact the consulate
2. I was going for MBA and they dont defer so I had to reapply to the school for a fresh admission.

What duration is yoru visa? Is it single or multiple entry? Do you have scholarship because it seems you are only bothered about accomodation cost. I have replied your PM, please feel free to ask any questions you want.

Cheers.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by DanIndia(m): 2:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hi Everyone,

It's nice to see a live thread on Italian Study Visa Application. I've seen a lot about DV and Legalization and all but I'm still confused and I'm sure someone with a much better idea can straighten things out for me.
I'm a student pursuing my degrees in India and I'll be finishing sometime in June of an academic year and want to join the August Intake in Italy. Can I take my Indian degree to Nigeria and apply or do I have to do the application here ?
It does sound a little bit odd to see confusing information online on websites asking for the Docs to be legalized in the degree awarding country but just wanted to share here.

Looking forward to contributions here and there.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by mimi77: 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
DanIndia:
Hi Everyone,

It's nice to see a live thread on Italian Study Visa Application. I've seen a lot about DV and Legalization and all but I'm still confused and I'm sure someone with a much better idea can straighten things out for me.
I'm a student pursuing my degrees in India and I'll be finishing sometime in June of an academic year and want to join the August Intake in Italy. Can I take my Indian degree to Nigeria and apply or do I have to do the application here ?
It does sound a little bit odd to see confusing information online on websites asking for the Docs to be legalized in the degree awarding country but just wanted to share here.

Looking forward to contributions here and there.

@DanIndia
I did this process in Nigeria in 2013, i believe not much has changed.correct me if am wrong thou.
if you have Indian residency, then u can apply for visa from there. Legalize indian academic docs in India.The process of DV and legalisation for nigerian academic documents in Lagos,Abuja takes place around June when the Italian embassy starts accepting application from students with admissions letter for visa.(check italian embassy website regulary for this announcement to confirm period, usually not very long, about a month or little over)
But then, if you are already in India for sch, i want to believe you did this process before being granted a study visa. or ... no??
Anyways, i hope i have been able to answer your question.

cheers!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Pelumiv(m): 7:56am On Dec 13, 2014
mimi77:

@DanIndia
I did this process in Nigeria in 2013, i believe not much has changed.correct me if am wrong thou.
if you have Indian residency, then u can apply for visa from there. Legalize indian academic docs in India.The process of DV and legalisation for nigerian academic documents in Lagos,Abuja takes place around June when the Italian embassy starts accepting application from students with admissions letter for visa.(check italian embassy website regulary for this announcement to confirm period, usually not very long, about a month or little over)
But then, if you are already in India for sch, i want to believe you did this process before being granted a study visa. or ... no??
cheers!
So you this Mimi still dey this nairaland and you didnt reply me when i was doing my own processing? Thank God it all went well sha. Which part of italo you dey?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by DanIndia(m): 3:39am On Dec 17, 2014
Thank you, Mimi, for your response. I thought this was a dead thread as noone responded and I stopped checking.
Yes, I have done the certification and authentication once from Abuja and applied to the Consulate in Lagos and things did go well. Now, the process of Italy is what I'm not sure about.. and according to what I've read on NairaLand I think I'll have to do everything in India. The process is not as hectic, here, as I've read the exorbitant costs and prolong duration they have to wait for to even get responses.
I do have Indian residency and my results/provisional certificates gets released in June.. but then, will this still meetup for the pre-enrolment at the embassy ? Do I need the DOV to apply for the pre-enrolment or it is for the Visa Application form. I just read the letter the embassy released last year and I think I can do my pre-enrolment without the DOV within the application deadline. And since my bachelors degree will come from India, I have to legalize them here in India. What fears me is the DoV thingy, I hear it takes sometime and I want to be able to submit it within the time frame allotted for the pre-enrolment.
mimi77:

@DanIndia
if you have Indian residency, then u can apply for visa from there. Legalize indian academic docs in India. The process of DV and legalisation for nigerian academic documents in Lagos,Abuja takes place around June when the Italian embassy starts accepting application from students with admissions letter for visa.(check italian embassy website regulary for this announcement to confirm period, usually not very long, about a month or little over)

cheers!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by DanIndia(m): 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
Guys, I really need your help with a doubt.
I have spoken to the VFS centre here in India and the Visa Office in Nigeria and they told me that I can authenticate, translate and also apostille my documents here in India and then apply for my visa in Nigeria.
Since the process takes a little around 2 months for all the authentication to be done, I have decided to shift my desired admission from the 1st semester to the second semester (now here is where I am a little confused) I hear that there is a pre-enrolment deadline that is released annually in Nigeria which is normally around somewhere in March to June. Will this deadline also apply to my case ? Since, I'm not applying to the October intake but the March intake, will they have separate deadlines for the 2nd semester intake case ?

Guys, I really could use your fast response. BOSSMAN, MIMI, PELUMI - your help and advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks ahead.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 24, 2014
My friend(Didi) was pre-enrolled in October when the school mail embassy to pre-enrol her.
Anytime you have issue, try and contact your school. Whatever they say do favour international students.
I wish you all the best

author=DanIndia post=28958970]Guys, I really need your help with a doubt.
I have spoken to the VFS centre here in India and the Visa Office in Nigeria and they told me that I can authenticate, translate and also apostille my documents here in India and then apply for my visa in Nigeria.
Since the process takes a little around 2 months for all the authentication to be done, I have decided to shift my desired admission from the 1st semester to the second semester (now here is where I am a little confused) I hear that there is a pre-enrolment deadline that is released annually in Nigeria which is normally around somewhere in March to June. Will this deadline also apply to my case ? Since, I'm not applying to the October intake but the March intake, will they have separate deadlines for the 2nd semester intake case ?

Guys, I really could use your fast response. BOSSMAN, MIMI, PELUMI - your help and advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks ahead.[/quote]
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by DanIndia(m): 9:55am On Dec 26, 2014
Thanks AJanwal,

I have done some research. Turned out they have two pre-enrolments every year. One from March through JUne and the other October/November. Could possible be DIDI was enrolled in to study with them for 2nd semester. Thanks for contributing.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 27, 2014
politecnico di torino for UG 2015/2016 application is now ON

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by moneybag100: 8:32am On Dec 27, 2014
Soyedele1:
politecnico di torino for UG 2015/2016 application is now ON
Nice one.....do they accept neco?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by DanIndia(m): 9:08am On Dec 27, 2014
I'm guessing yes as long as the result is good. You can even combine results. I've used my NECO and WAEC interchangeably and alongside for courses abroad and they've not been rejected for once. WAEC and NECO is regarded internationally.
All the best for your application.
moneybag100:

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by moneybag100: 10:32am On Dec 27, 2014
DanIndia:
I'm guessing yes as long as the result is good. You can even combine results. I've used my NECO and WAEC interchangeably and alongside for courses abroad and they've not been rejected for once. WAEC and NECO is regarded internationally.
All the best for your application.
Thanks buddy.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 27, 2014
moneybag100:

Yes bro
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by DanIndia(m): 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2014
Soya, you study at Polito ?
Soyedele1:

Yes bro
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by moneybag100: 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2014
Soyedele1:

Yes bro
Cool, and no toefl or ielts compulsory?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
moneybag100:

Exemption form the English language certificate:
Applicants can be exempted from the English language certification if they attach an official declaration printed on headed and stamped paper attesting that “The medium of instruction is English”, in case of:

Certificate issued by a High/ Secondary School in English language after at least one year of attendance

or

High school diploma recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education as equivalent to the Italian High School Diploma or Higher Diploma obtained from a post-secondary school in English language

or

Bachelor of Science degree obtained from universities where courses are offered in English.

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by DanIndia(m): 2:13am On Dec 28, 2014
To be on a safe side, write an English exam. It may not be necessary for the school concerned but it is for the embassy. The embassy knows that almost all schools in Nigeria teaches in English but still they require it. I'd strongly advise you to write one. You don't want to walk in the embassy and they ask you to provide an English certificate at that time. You'll need another number of months to be able to register for one, and that may lead you to shifting your admission to the next semester or academic year.
moneybag100:

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (232) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: awesomeGod50 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.