Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Italian Student Visa-help! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Student Visa-help! (478428 Views)

I Need South Africa Visa Help / Cable Visa Help / FRENCH TOURIST VISA : Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2012
[quote author=boss-man][/quote]

@Rubeni, please find attached. Tho its shengen own but its what i used during mine.

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2012
boss-man:

@Rubeni, please find attached. Tho its shengen own but its what i used during mine.
Thanks.could you please clarify the following:
1.Duration of the inteded stay or transit. Indicate numbers
of days. will that be two years (for MSc) in days?
2. Number of entries requested.
is it single, two entry or multiple?
thanks
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2012
rubenic:
Thanks.could you please clarify the following:
1.Duration of the inteded stay or transit. Indicate numbers
of days. will that be two years (for MSc) in days?
2. Number of entries requested.
is it single, two entry or multiple?
thanks

1. Yeah, duration of the programme.

2. Well I choose multiple entry tho I was given single. The school told me its when I get to school that I will process study permit that will allow for multiple entry.

3 Likes

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
boss-man:

1. Yeah, duration of the programme.

2. Well I choose multiple entry tho I was given single. The school told me its when I get to school that I will process study permit that will allow for multiple entry.
k. you said u were given a partial scholarship. did u apply for it?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 10:49am On Jul 24, 2012
rubenic:
k. you said u were given a partial scholarship. did u apply for it?

Nope I did not apply separately for it. It was based on d general out come of the admission
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 3:51pm On Jul 24, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Oh yea! Al'hamdulillah! My wife had been issued visa to study in Italy. ITALIA ALL THE WAY. FORZA AZZURRI! She just called on fone. I packaged all the application myself. Though she was refused last year cos she didnt included her result. we thought it wasn't necessary+ no one gave us specific requirement even at the consulate in VI. No kinda typed or written list. Imagine! A security was called in to tell all basic requirements off hand. This made me to revolve around d reasons of denial and got where thd prob was. I fired again and she had been granted. I'm over d moon right now. MAA-SHA ALLAH.
She is on her way home now...
She will be heading to Firenze to study her interest of course: FASHION DESIGN
I could see an Int'l fashion designer in the making. I can tell u. those Italo visa officers here r time wasters ooo. no shakigs.
ciao
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2012
newacca: cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Oh yea! Al'hamdulillah! My wife had been issued visa to study in Italy. ITALIA ALL THE WAY. FORZA AZZURRI! She just called on fone. I packaged all the application myself. Though she was refused last year cos she didnt included her result. we thought it wasn't necessary+ no one gave us specific requirement even at the consulate in VI. No kinda typed or written list. Imagine! A security was called in to tell all basic requirements off hand. This made me to revolve around d reasons of denial and got where thd prob was. I fired again and she had been granted. I'm over d moon right now. MAA-SHA ALLAH.
I could see an Int'l fashion designer in the making. I can tell u. those Italo visa officers here r time wasters ooo. no shakigs.
ciao

Congrats broda. All the best to her!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by superior1: 6:01pm On Jul 24, 2012
newacca: cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Oh yea! Al'hamdulillah! My wife had been issued visa to study in Italy. ITALIA ALL THE WAY. FORZA AZZURRI! She just called on fone. I packaged all the application myself. Though she was refused last year cos she didnt included her result. we thought it wasn't necessary+ no one gave us specific requirement even at the consulate in VI. No kinda typed or written list. Imagine! A security was called in to tell all basic requirements off hand. This made me to revolve around d reasons of denial and got where thd prob was. I fired again and she had been granted. I'm over d moon right now. MAA-SHA ALLAH.
ciao

Congrats to her, when did she applied and what documents did you present for her application?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 9:16pm On Jul 24, 2012
ciao
Congratulations bro!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by aytevans(m): 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2012
ciao

Congrat. Happy for you and your wife.. please let the house know what you did submit, where u made your submission,the time your submitted and the amount you paid
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2012
@boss-man,superior1,rubenic and all,
Grazie a tutti. Thanks to you all.
Italian consulate in Lagos and its staff are not organized at all! They do not have any specific document requirements for study visa,and all they do is send gateman to you to tell you some of the documents you may "probably" need. Well,don't be bothered. If you are determined and know what you want,you will get there.
She got the visa on the 2nd attempt. First attempt,I went to consulate of Italy with her to enquire about the dox required for study visa,after all efforts made to reach 'em via d emails provided on their website proves to be futile. At the consulate in V/I the gateman requested for the offer letter,and took it inside. He came out later to tell us to bring out paper and pen and start to write:
Evidence of you admission to the school
Evidence say you have enough fund to study in Italy
Flight schedule
Health insurance.
Before the original admission package arrived,the schl resumption date was already 1.5months. Then application for visa was filed less than 1 month to resumption. On their website,I was made to understand that you will apply 22days before your proposed departure. Also,I feel her o/level result was necessary since she's going for a Diploma prog. and the embassy did request for it. I also feel since she had been given admission with the same O/Level then it shouldn't be an issue. Nothing know that's where d problem will arise.
Response from Lagos consulate came 1 mth after d schl has resumed,and it was refusal. Reason: Documents submitted to justify the purpose and condition of your visit is not reliable/ Remark: insufficient documents submitted for the purpose of your trip
This made her waited for another session which will be October,2012. I admonished her not to feel bad. God has reasons of doing things. This increases her commitment to fashion design and she concentrated on her training with a fashion designer here.While,she still have her deposited money in the school in Italy. The school rolled over the fee and gave her another admission for this year. So,I decided to fire again this time filling the loop holes.
She is going for a Diploma course in Fashion design at Firenze.
Listed below are the dox. she used:
* Admission letter from school(Certificate of Enrollment)
*Letter of accommodation for the school director
*Letter responsibility/Assurance from the school director
*Her O/Level result and WAEC website printout with scratch card
*Photos of some of her designs(Dresses she made)
*Statement of Purpose(consisting: reasons she wants to study fashion,reasons she chose Italy,reasons that will make her come back to Nigeria after studies)
*Sponsor's Bank statement: (Though first attempt was 6mths,The 2nd attempt was 4mths and had been printed out a month b4 visa application. The account balance was fatter in d 1st attempt than the 2nd attempt though)
*Letter from sponsor
*Letter of Intent from mother (Just formality though)
And of course faith in GOD above all.

@ernest,
if she wants to extend her visa after d Diploma to continue for Undergraduate course,did she has to come back to Nigeria?

@boss-man,

she was also issued with single entry,though I applied multiple for her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by superior1: 8:13am On Jul 26, 2012
@ newacca, how soon after the visa application did it came out?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 2:42am On Jul 27, 2012
i was giving a single entry (family reunion) 1yr when i applied for multiple...@newacca she dont neccessarily need to go back to nigeria....it all depend on the options she want to take...if i may ask,how long is the visa and her study programme?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 11:15am On Jul 27, 2012
@superior1,
it took 3mths

@ernest,
Thanks for the response. Her prog. will last for 9mths and she was granted 1yr visa which she applied for.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 5:43pm On Jul 27, 2012
@all can a sponsor use is national identity card in place of international passport?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by superior1: 5:15am On Jul 28, 2012
[quote author=newacca]@superior1,
it took 3mths

You mean you guys waited for 3months (12 weeks) after application to get the visa shocked shocked shocked shocked?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2012
[quote author=superior1][/quote]
I think newacca submitted the application before the supposed application period (not earlier than 22nd of may). From my findings and boss-man's testimony, student visa shouldn't take more than 40 working days (mon-fri).
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2012
oh Yea! rubenic. We submitted the application on 25th April,2012
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
@rubenic....have you sort your accomodation? i think you should check eridsu website attached to your school very important
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
@newacca then she will be given a temporary study permit of two years(not certain)...during that time ,she can start gaining grounds exploring possibilities that will extend her stay.She might change to a work permit of stay getting a work contract can easily help in the renewal.she dont neccessarily need to come back to nija...
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by darejamesbond(f): 1:56am On Jul 30, 2012
hi all, does any one knows how long it takes to verify documents after authentication from foreign affairs in abuja... i need to legalize marriage certificate, birth certificate and police certificate at the italian embassy...i dont need visa...i am resident in germany..but got married in lagos in 2008...
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by darejamesbond(f): 2:16am On Jul 30, 2012
rubenic: PROCEDURES FOR THE LEGALISATION OF NIGERIAN DOCUMENTS

The documents must be previously translated into Italian. The translation can be done by the one of Consulate General’s entrusted translators:

- Miss Maria Mazzoli - Miss Annalisa Meccariello, 0806-7279958

- Miss Carla Guidotti, 0805-9588085

- Mrs Zita Andreolli Folarin, 2 King’s Way Road, Falomo Ikoyi, Lagos, Giwa Shopping Complex, Suite B 47

Tel. 08033227303 or 08024438573

Before being legalised, the documents will be subject to verification by the Consulate’s appointed lawyer who will confirm their authenticity with the offices of the Registrar who first issued them. All applicants must bring to the Consular Office the application form for the payment of these legal expenses. Once the payment has been made the documents will be sent to the lawyer to be verified.

To request the legalisation of a document the following will be required:
The original receipt, plus a photocopy, of the payment for the legal expenses;
A photocopy of the applicant’s passport or Permit of Stay (Permesso di Soggiorno) if he/she is resident in Italy;
The documents presented should be relevant to one person (documents relevant to several people will be accepted only where they form part of the same family unit);
The cost to legalise each document presented is approximately 3.805 Naira

All the documentation must be presented in original plus a photocopy.

Note:

- The documents can be collected 6 to 7 weeks after they have been submitted. Such a period is necessary to allow the verification of the documents in the applicants’ state of origin;

- The applicant will be given a receipt showing the expected date on which the documents can be collected;

- Documents cannot be collected without a receipt;

- Every day the Consular Office will put up a list at the main gate showing the names of all those who will be entitled to enter the Consulate in order to collect their documents. Only those people whose names appear on the list will be permitted to enter the building.
Source:http://sedi.esteri.it/lagos/other_documents.htm

@rubenics::: hey my guy do you know how long it would take roughly to legalize these document after doing the authentication at abuja...marriage certificate, birth certificate and police certificate... and i also heard about N110,000 is it for all the documents or for what...and who is the money for...by the way i do not need to get a visa because i am resident in germany already...just needed it for citizenship...any advice...thanks for your help in advance...and by the way do i need to include marriage fotos for legalization of the documents...got married since 2008...my wife is italian

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 9:07am On Jul 30, 2012
darejamesbond:

@rubenics::: hey my guy do you know how long it would take roughly to legalize these document after doing the authentication at abuja...marriage certificate, birth certificate and police certificate... and i also heard about N110,000 is it for all the documents or for what...and who is the money for...by the way i do not need to get a visa because i am resident in germany already...just needed it for citizenship...any advice...thanks for your help in advance...and by the way do i need to include marriage fotos for legalization of the documents...got married since 2008...my wife is italian
Six months and yes marriage pics may be needed...
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 9:55am On Jul 30, 2012
@ernestleon,
No. She was given 1year study visa here. Do you mean she will be given study permit of another 1 or 2 year when she gets there? Though she got visa for 1 yr. prog. but she will continue her prog. to bag degree afta d Diploma.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 10:17am On Jul 30, 2012
newacca: @ernestleon,
No. She was given 1year study visa here. Do you mean she will be given study permit of another 1 or 2 year when she gets there? Though she got visa for 1 yr. prog. but she will continue her prog. to bag degree afta d Diploma.
In as much as she will be staying for more than 90days,she must apply for a temporary resident permit within 8days of entry
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2012
ernestleon:
In as much as she will be staying for more than 90days,she must apply for a temporary resident permit within 8days of entry

@Ernest, Can you confirm this for me? I have a visa that will expire Oct ending. I have not used the Visa. My school resumes Mid sept. A friend told me that I dont need to renew the Visa since I will have to apply for temporary permit when I get in in September. How reliable is this information?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 12:34pm On Jul 30, 2012
boss-man:

@Ernest, Can you confirm this for me? I have a visa that will expire Oct ending. I have not used the Visa. My school resumes Mid sept. A friend told me that I dont need to renew the Visa since I will have to apply for temporary permit when I get in in September. How reliable is this information?
your friend is right...your visa is a study visa not a tourist visa.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2012
ernestleon:

Thx so much for d insight. iAppreciate. do u knw if it's easier to get visiting visa to Canada while studying in Italy?

@Boss_man,
how far? when you dey go? which province/city r u heading to? any tip of cheap airline?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2012
ernestleon:
your friend is right...your visa is a study visa not a tourist visa.

Thank you.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2012
@newacca it doesnt change anything
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
newacca:

Thx so much for d insight. iAppreciate. do u knw if it's easier to get visiting visa to Canada while studying in Italy?

@Boss_man,
how far? when you dey go? which province/city r u heading to? any tip of cheap airline?

By the grace of God, I shud by leaving by 15th of Sept after finalising one or two things. I am heading for Bologna. I have tried to search thru wakanow and the best I get is Turkish airline. You can try too and let's see if you get something better. Please let me know if you do
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 4:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
boss-man:

By the grace of God, I shud by leaving by 15th of Sept after finalising one or two things. I am heading for Bologna. I have tried to search thru wakanow and the best I get is Turkish airline. You can try too and let's see if you get something better. Please let me know if you do
Why dont you try air maroc?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.