Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,351 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Farouk Lawan’s Bribe Money Is Not With Me – Adams Jagaba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan’s Bribe Money Is Not With Me – Adams Jagaba (588 Views)

Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force / Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. / Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Farouk Lawan’s Bribe Money Is Not With Me – Adams Jagaba by nduchucks: 2:21am On Jun 20, 2012
Let me guess, Farouk turned the money in with his letter, but the money disappeared in transit. Jokers cheesy

The Chairman House of Representatives Committee on drugs, narcotics and financial crimes, Adams Jagaba on Tuesday denied being in possession of the $620, 000 bribe money offered the former Chairman, House ad-hoc committee that probed the management of subsidy fund, Farouk Lawan.

The suspended Chairman of the Subsidy probe committee, Farouk Lawan

Mr Lawan, in his statement, claimed he formally wrote Mr Jagaba, informing him of moves by oil tycoon, Femi Otedola, to bribe the subsidy probe panel and attached the sum of $620,000 which Mr Otedola paid.

in a letter to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, titled “Re: investigation activities: request for handing over of exhibits in connection with the case of criminal conspiracy and taking gratification to prevent the course of justice”, Mr Jagaba wrote,

“I wish to categorically and unequivocally state that there was never a time I was in possession of the sum of $620,000 USD or any other exhibits (in my personal capacity or official capacity as chairman house committee on drugs, narcotics and financial crimes) relating to the subject matter of the above investigation.

“I hope this explanation lays to rest once and for all the claims that I or my committee is in possession of the sum of $620,000 USD purportedly given as bribe to the ad hoc committee on monitoring of fuel subsidy regime.”

On Monday, Mr Lawan had reportedly pleaded with the investigators handling the bribery allegations against him to allow him attend the plenary session of the House of Representatives on Wednesday so that he can retrieve the money from Mr Jagaba.

With this letter the Chairman of committee on drugs, narcotics and financial crimes sent to the Speaker of the House, it is unclear how Mr Lawan will retrieve the bribe money from him. cheesy

Source

Why can't the authorities arrest Farouk and charge him with something, anything?
Re: Farouk Lawan’s Bribe Money Is Not With Me – Adams Jagaba by werepeLeri: 7:08am On Jun 20, 2012
ndu_chucks: Let me guess, Farouk turned the money in with his letter, but the money disappeared in transit. Jokers cheesy

Why can't the authorities arrest Farouk and charge him with something, anything?

For real? Arrest and charge him with no evidence? Just anything?. This must be a jungle in your mind.
Re: Farouk Lawan’s Bribe Money Is Not With Me – Adams Jagaba by Kobojunkie: 10:30am On Jun 20, 2012
You have got to be kidding me!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin What about the video, no be EVIDENCE? What about the "sting" operation? No EVIDENCE collected then too? And oh, least I forgot, the "MARKED" $600,000(whether na SSS supply am or na Nigerian Police), No Evidence there too? shocked shocked shocked You mean what we read in the papers means NOTHING at the end of the day?

(1) (Reply)

Mr Integrity: Farouk Lawan / How I Was Farouked By The Police. / Osun Earmarks N8bn For Urban Renewal of 9 Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.