Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Plaintiff Disowns Suit Stopping Jonathan From Reinstating Salami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plaintiff Disowns Suit Stopping Jonathan From Reinstating Salami (526 Views)

Another Fallen Hero:Lt Salami,A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram 4-days Ago(Pictured / Buhari Warns Airport Officials Against Stopping Ex-ministers From Travelling / Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plaintiff Disowns Suit Stopping Jonathan From Reinstating Salami by TonySpike: 10:05am On Jun 20, 2012
by Ihuoma Chiedozie, Abuja

A supposed plaintiff, Mr. Wilfred Okoli, on Tuesday told an Abuja Federal High Court that he had no knowledge of a suit filed in his name seeking to restrain President Goodluck Jonathan from reinstating the suspended President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Ayo Salami.

The suit is among several pending matters which the Federal Government cited as the reason for its refusal to reinstate Salami, as recommended by the NJC.

The case was listed for mention on Tuesday, but immediately it was called by the court clerk, and the presiding judge, Justice Abdul Kafarati, called the parties in the matter to enter appearances, Okoli got up and denied knowledge of the suit.

He said, ‘’My Lord, I am not aware of this suit; my consent was never sought before it was brought before you.

“I have no knowledge of it, my Lord’’.

The now controversial suit was filed by an Abuja-based lawyer, Mr. Amobi Nzelu, on behalf of Okoli.

Interestingly, Okoli is a counsel in Nzelu’s chamber.

The matter could no longer go on after Okoli’s statement.

For more information, please read:
http://www.punchng.com/news/plaintiff-disowns-suit-stopping-jonathan-from-reinstating-salami/
Re: Plaintiff Disowns Suit Stopping Jonathan From Reinstating Salami by TonySpike: 10:07am On Jun 20, 2012
After reading this news, I couldn't help but laugh at Nigeria's pathetic Judicial and Executive system. This country is sick to the very core!!!
Re: Plaintiff Disowns Suit Stopping Jonathan From Reinstating Salami by werepeLeri: 10:25am On Jun 20, 2012
? What are you trying to say? Expatiate on what led to your conclusion - educate us.
Re: Plaintiff Disowns Suit Stopping Jonathan From Reinstating Salami by fyneguy: 11:18am On Jun 20, 2012
^^^^ why use US? Speak for yourself, as it seems only you don't understand the import of his assertion
Re: Plaintiff Disowns Suit Stopping Jonathan From Reinstating Salami by Demdem(m): 11:27am On Jun 20, 2012
Tony Spike:
The now controversial suit was filed by an Abuja-based lawyer, Mr. Amobi Nzelu, on behalf of Okoli.

Interestingly, Okoli is a counsel in Nzelu’s chamber.

The matter could no longer go on after Okoli’s statement.

These two legal licences should be withdrawn for ridiculing the judiciary
Re: Plaintiff Disowns Suit Stopping Jonathan From Reinstating Salami by blacksta(m): 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2012
It is all part of the GEJ corruption empire to find a way of halting the necessary. It is high time Nigerians wake up and agree that GEJ is so compromised and would only protect the interests of corrupt elites. Can you imagine a plaintiff denying their own case - never heard that one before except in Nigeria , where is the due dilligence from the government said if they have nothing to hide.
Re: Plaintiff Disowns Suit Stopping Jonathan From Reinstating Salami by DisGuy: 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2012
Demdem:

These two legal licences should be withdrawn for ridiculing the judiciary

Pronto!!
Re: Plaintiff Disowns Suit Stopping Jonathan From Reinstating Salami by werepeLeri: 1:26pm On Jun 20, 2012
fyneguy: ^^^^ why use US? Speak for yourself, as it seems only you don't understand the import of his assertion

who says he is speaking for u?

(1) (Reply)

Between Otedola And Lawan / 34 Nigerian Police Officers Get UN Special Medals / Bauchi Government Sacks Over 2000 Special Advisers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.