Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts (55318 Views)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P / List Of Fake Employment Companies. Stay Off Them. / Let's Stop These Fake Employment Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by acidtalk: 10:40am On Jun 20, 2012
HOW NEVER TO FALL VICTIM TO A FAKE RECRUITMENT AGENCY.

*Stop sending your CVs to every e.mail made available on the internet.

There are so many suspicious and fraudulent people out there who are just waiting to collect as many personal information from unsuspecting individuals. Such datas are used to send FAKE sms, fraudulent e.mails and even creating of fake I.D cards to present during the criminals transactions.

*Make use of google : We are in a computer age where anything and everything you need to find out can be gotten within seconds just by making use of the internet.

Before sending you CV or details to any e.mail or location, try and search for the name of the company advertising such openings. Get little information such as Mode of business, address and most importantly the company website.

A situation where no information of the company was not found, the company has the highest possibility of being fake and fraudulent.

*Never be too Secretive : so many people fall victims to fraud because they want to hide all the information from their friends and people around for the fear of other people also applying for the same job they want to apply for.

There's an African proverb that says "Any Man Who Ask For Description Of A Place Can Never Get Lost".

If you makes enquiries about job openings you aren't sure of, there's the possibility of at least one person having an experience and ready the advice you.

*Only Apply Through Notable and Register Recruitment Agencies : when you are applying through a recruitment agency, only use Registered, professional and notable ones. Avoid those ram shackled ones which just spring up all for the purpose of making money off unsuspecting applicants.

*Never Ever Pay To Get A Job :listen and listen real good. ANY recruitment agency or person who demands for even N10 (Ten Naira) in order for you to get a job under the funny pretence of Commitment Fee, Caution Fee, Processing Fee, Test Fee, Allocation Fee, Placement Fee and any other of such name is FRAUD so avoid them.

Incase you don't know, Recruitment Agencies are paid by the Company of Employment (the company employing). A certain percentage is given to recruitment agency for candidate(s) brought through them.

Notice that buildings, Staff, Interiors and Management of Reputable Recruitment agencies are far better and appealing than these other FAKE recruitment agencies. That's because while the FAKE ones run their business with the funds gotten by duping people, the professional run theirs by the millions of naira gotten as percentage from the big organizations.

*You don't have to help any agency to sell or market their forms before than can find you a placement. That is modernized slavery. Any agency that ask you for money, or to market their forms to other applicants if a FRAUD.

Your duty is to apply, write test and then attend an interview if you are qualified. No agency has the work/duty of testing any applicants marketing or work skill by telling you to help in marketing their services.

There are many more tricks used by FAKE recruitment agencies but the most important advice is TO ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS to avoid falling victim. Also when you notice anyone or fall victim, please shout it out so others can avoid them.

Once these people's tricks are made known to the public and people avoid them, they will be forced to packup and go out of business.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by acidtalk: 10:52am On Jun 20, 2012
You all should feel free to post your own known tricks that weren't listed above and also name of fake agencies/Companies who use such tricks.
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2012
Tanx,appreciated
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by acidtalk: 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2012
Teebest82: Tanx,appreciated

You are most welcome
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by checkese(m): 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2012
grin gud one,thks for the info.
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by omoharry(f): 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2012
I attended an interview recently through one of the online recruitment agencies. i was ask to pay N10,000 for processing fee to become a partner in the company.the partnership is by way of marketing thier services of free health talk and be paid commision base on the number of companies that subscribe to the parkages. Isence a fowl play because the building was below the espected company standard and was totally basic, including thier staff. Do u know i was offered employment 3 hrs after i left there,LOL.Nija, i hail thee.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by acidtalk: 12:38pm On Jul 22, 2012
omo harry: I attended an interview recently through one of the online recruitment agencies. i was ask to pay N10,000 for processing fee to become a partner in the company.the partnership is by way of marketing thier services of free health talk and be paid commision base on the number of companies that subscribe to the parkages. Isence a fowl play because the building was below the espected company standard and was totally basic, including thier staff. Do u know i was offered employment 3 hrs after i left there,LOL.Nija, i hail thee.

All these nonsense can only happen in Nigeria.

These peole are all meant to be languishing inside kirikiri by now.
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by 1forall: 6:48pm On Jul 31, 2012
Well put by the OP, if only more users who visit this Jobs section could read and be informed, they would be better able to spot phony job vacancies and invitations.

There are many topics that discuss the increasingly widespread fake job phenomenon here but many people still fall for these tricksters, is it that they do not bother to read the postings here? And to think that those topics have been placed at the top of the Jobs page is even more baffling

Thanks for re-visiting the topic again.
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by samexycool(m): 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2012
add me on facebook.com/samexycool
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by Kalemba1: 10:53am On Aug 01, 2012
Pls has any body receive job appointment letter or invitation letter 4rm QUARMBY construction company in U.K? I actually applied 4 a job online wit d said company, got a mail dat I ve been employed by d said company, dat I should come 4 visa interview in Lagos. So I dnt knw hw real its. Pls I need advice pls. My phone no: 08132705347. Email: imohkalemba1@gmail.com, pls I really need to b sure of dis pple, d also directed me to one solicitor in Kaduna, to assist me get Anti Terrorism Certificate. I need contributions
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by bencomfav: 1:55pm On Aug 01, 2012
REAL SCAM!!!!!
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by SaintChukz(m): 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2012
acidtalk: You all should feel free to post your own known tricks that weren't listed above and also name of fake agencies/Companies who use such tricks.
@ acidtalk Please i would like to bring to ur vivid observation a new trick (or maybe it is not all that new anyway) used by a job poster here on nairaland his name is "1stnoble" and his post is currently on the second page, in short those stuffs he wrote there are mere lyrics to lure the unsuspecting job seeker, the 100 nigerians he promised would be established before the end of august are the people he plans to defraud. He is working alongside another scam artist by the name Mr. David Attah, who claims to be a personnel manager with chevron. After sending my CV to them they asked me to provide 2 documents which included a swimming cert. and a medical fitness cert. Both 2 be obtained 4rm shell corporation, knowing fully well the impossiblity of obtaining d said documents in a matter of days as stipulated by them and given d urgency of d job they falsely want 2 offer, they asked me 2 pay 25K for d same documents to be expressly processed so that i could meet d deadline 4 d fake jobs they were offerring. How i finally knew they were quality scam artists, was when i intentionally negotiated d amount asked(25K) initially to 10k and then to a staggering lower amount of 3k, can you imagine the abnormality of such a demand from those two fools. Please acidtalk i want you to personally carry out ur own investigations on them and alert the innocent public about them. The scam "1stnoble" addresses himself as one Engr. Noble as revealed in one of the emails(the scam mail is jobsnigeria@consultant.com) i got from him. Please this is urgent as they may be out there now defrauding poor innocent Nigerians who are desperate for jobs they will never get. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by naijababe2(f): 3:04pm On Aug 01, 2012
shocked undecided undecidedi did a test from O'neal Inc two days ago, and they said we should pay N8500 for a health license like that,they also requested for a commitment fee. hmmmmm.. now they've text me to come to their head office for trainning at 9, oremeji str iyana isolo off holy saviour college, isolo. undecided wahala dey oo shocked pls has anyone attended their trainning b4?? or is this just another scam shocked

1 Like

Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by SaintChukz(m): 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2012
naijababe2: shocked undecided undecidedi did a test from O'neal Inc two days ago, and they said we should pay N8500 for a health license like that,they also requested for a commitment fee. hmmmmm.. now they've text me to come to their head office for trainning at 9, oremeji str iyana isolo off holy saviour college, isolo. undecided wahala dey oo shocked pls has anyone attended their trainning b4?? or is this just another scam shocked
naijababe the above address you just stated is one of the most talked about not just on nairaland but virtually on all job forums you come across. Please "RUN" for full cover oooh.....Na old but not retired scammers dem be. Infact anytime you see 9, oremeji str, Isolo, Ojuelegba, one fake ikeja address like that, know that they are one and the same scammers. They have a chain network of different addresses in lagos for scamming people.
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by naijababe2(f): 8:41pm On Aug 01, 2012
Saint Chukz: naijababe the above address you just stated is one of the most talked about not just on nairaland but virtually on all job forums you come across. Please "RUN" for full cover oooh.....Na old but not retired scammers dem be. Infact anytime you see 9, oremeji str, Isolo, Ojuelegba, one fake ikeja address like that, know that they are one and the same scammers. They have a chain network of different addresses in lagos for scamming people.

Thanks for the info chuks

1 Like

Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by acidtalk: 10:34am On Aug 02, 2012
@Chukz, thanks for sharing.
Will look into you request and certainly do something about it.
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by Bodmas06: 9:20am On Aug 03, 2012
naijababe2: shocked undecided undecidedi did a test from O'neal Inc two days ago, and they said we should pay N8500 for a health license like that,they also requested for a commitment fee. hmmmmm.. now they've text me to come to their head office for trainning at 9, oremeji str iyana isolo off holy saviour college, isolo. undecided wahala dey oo shocked pls has anyone attended their trainning b4?? or is this just another scam shocked
is it d 1 dat was held in surulere.i was also there.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by stanleeodor(m): 11:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
Hey bro pls i advise you pls don't pay anytin or attended any training with that company they are SCAM.have been to the 9, oremeji str iyana isolo off holy saviour college, isolo they also have partners somewhere at Ikeja,that they both run the show,but at different locations.pls i tell u don't do anytin with dem.And all Job seekers should b warned.
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by wealthpriest: 9:02am On Aug 04, 2012
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by bravehost4u(m): 9:27am On Aug 05, 2012
Kalemba1: Pls has any body receive job appointment letter or invitation letter 4rm QUARMBY construction company in U.K? I actually applied 4 a job online wit d said company, got a mail dat I ve been employed by d said company, dat I should come 4 visa interview in Lagos. So I dnt knw hw real its. Pls I need advice pls. My phone no: 08132705347. Email: imohkalemba1@gmail.com, pls I really need to b sure of dis pple, d also directed me to one solicitor in Kaduna, to assist me get Anti Terrorism Certificate. I need contributions

RRRREEEAAALLL SCAM!!!!!!!!! RUN

any coy based in UK recruiting for UK in Naija is a scam. That is another antics
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by vhrinter: 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2012
They r not SCAM stop saying what you don't know. If they are scam they wound have folded up but rather they re increasing daily. Becos they ask for money does not make them scam.
Anyway, i will not blame you for dat cos i thought same wen i first visited them but i toke the risk by joining them and today i am happy i did.
Right now i work in a bank as a marketer and also work with dis company, they pay i get frm dis company far exceed dat of d bank, soon i will resign frm d bank n concentrate on my biz.
They are still some geniune biz in nija. No venture no sucess.
For further details feel free to call me on 08054141262

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by bravehost4u(m): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2012
vhrinter: They r not SCAM stop saying what you don't know. If they are scam they wound have folded up but rather they re increasing daily. Becos they ask for money does not make them scam.
Anyway, i will not blame you for dat cos i thought same wen i first visited them but i toke the risk by joining them and today i am happy i did.
Right now i work in a bank as a marketer and also work with dis company, they pay i get frm dis company far exceed dat of d bank, soon i will resign frm d bank n concentrate on my biz.
They are still some geniune biz in nija. No venture no sucess.
For further details feel free to call me on 08054141262
just listen to yourself...
I believe you are just part of them.
In life whatever one sows he shall reap and with interest
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by hrbizmanagers: 7:35am On Aug 06, 2012
Vhrinter is right....a lot of nigerian youths don't appreciate opportunities. 9, Oremeji will remain popular cos it's a place so many pple av come and can boast of getting something good out from. Nigeria Police, EFCC and other regulatory bodies have visited the venue and av discovered that we're into legitimate business, if not the place cannot exist till date.

You guys should not discourage pple from grasping any opportunity available to them....If u know u can't do what what they are doing, allow others to.
Whether u like it or not, am a member of the organisation and everybody paid to get his license to operate.

The fact that u were asked to pay for license does not mean it's a scam....it's only for u to be a business owner and operate a leverage system which u may not know anything about unless u listen carefully as to how they operate.

It's a life changing opportunity that has solved a lot of problems for many nigerian graduates.....Abuse me if u like but i know more eyes will still be open but might just be a bit late. Wish u all the best in life!
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by Njidekaoragui: 2:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
Plz is LATRAMAX real?
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by acidtalk: 5:17am On Aug 11, 2012
Njidekaoragui: Plz is LATRAMAX real?
use google.com
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by ebose09: 11:26am On Aug 14, 2012
Pls any one with information about PSS Limited,it urgent
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by naijababe2(f): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
Bodmas06:

yes it was at surulere, one babatunde street like that. The annoying thing was that when i didnt go for their so-called trainning, their agents where begging me on phone to join them angry
Bodmas06:

yes it was at surulere, one babatunde street like that. The annoying thing was that when i didnt go for their so-called trainning, their agents where begging me via phone to join them, like seriously which firm does that? So unprofessional!
Re: How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts by temmybuhnmy(f): 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
na wa oo, the most annoying thing is that they keep using different names for their company, which makes matter worst, i mean aren't they proud of their so called H.M.O nni, you guys should let people know your real company name and also each time people call you guys about what you are into , let them know not that u will be lying that it an incorporation company in order to scam them. what rubbish incorporation my foot.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uninvited Lady Shows Up For Dana Airline Interview And Gets Job. See Pictures / Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Army 2014 Recruitment Screening Announced / Have You Ever Been This Shamed? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.